• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:09
CEST 22:09
KST 05:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7966 users

TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 - Page 111

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 234 Next
nnn_thekushmountains
Profile Joined February 2016
1501 Posts
May 28 2016 11:03 GMT
#2201
Could sleeping only 6 to 7 hours a night be giving me headaches?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 28 2016 11:37 GMT
#2202
On May 28 2016 20:03 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Could sleeping only 6 to 7 hours a night be giving me headaches?


yes, take naps to fill the sleep gaps.
Philozovic
Profile Joined August 2012
France1677 Posts
May 28 2016 12:18 GMT
#2203
After almost a year without Oly I started again two weeks ago
Clean and Jerk 70kg yesterday new PR at 65kg bw !!! Form was so atrocious I won't even ask for a review
I got dumped so I have a lot of free time ...
I try to eat more and count calories but I find it way harder than lifting
INnoVation is the absolute best | I wept for i knew his words to be true
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 29 2016 01:16 GMT
#2204
Considering competing in GPA for some lol-worthy world records. Numbers for 18-19 y/o cat U82.5kg is 187.5kg squat & 230kg deadlift.

My best lifts of all time are 200kg squat w/SBDs and 210kg deadlift beltless no sleeves. Should I?
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 29 2016 02:52 GMT
#2205
On May 29 2016 10:16 Ehzera wrote:
Considering competing in GPA for some lol-worthy world records. Numbers for 18-19 y/o cat U82.5kg is 187.5kg squat & 230kg deadlift.

My best lifts of all time are 200kg squat w/SBDs and 210kg deadlift beltless no sleeves. Should I?


Do it. That's an impressive squat and a pretty terrible deadlift. Try upping the back accesory work.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
May 29 2016 10:53 GMT
#2206
On May 28 2016 20:03 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Could sleeping only 6 to 7 hours a night be giving me headaches?


take a very careful look at how much water you are drinking per day. if its nearer to 2 litres than 4 litres i would suggest that is causing headaches
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
May 30 2016 00:26 GMT
#2207
On May 29 2016 11:52 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 29 2016 10:16 Ehzera wrote:
Considering competing in GPA for some lol-worthy world records. Numbers for 18-19 y/o cat U82.5kg is 187.5kg squat & 230kg deadlift.

My best lifts of all time are 200kg squat w/SBDs and 210kg deadlift beltless no sleeves. Should I?


Do it. That's an impressive squat and a pretty terrible deadlift. Try upping the back accesory work.


Yeah currently working on it. Sadly I've basically been a T-Rex with no upper body for a very long time. Hasn't affected squats that much, but even for Sumo I'm limited by my weak
Back/upper body
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 31 2016 18:23 GMT
#2208
What protein do you guys use? I usually stock up on ON gold when its on sale because it's easy to mix and taste good but the shit is impossible to find under like 9$ a pound these days. Looking for something in the $5-7/lb range that mixes well and doesn't taste like crap if you guys have any recommendations. I usually check slickdeals.net but haven't been able to get anything lately.

On May 28 2016 20:37 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 28 2016 20:03 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Could sleeping only 6 to 7 hours a night be giving me headaches?


yes, take naps to fill the sleep gaps.


What are these 'naps' and where can I get one?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 31 2016 19:47 GMT
#2209
you get what you pay for. $9 is a decent price for quality whey these days.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
zulu_nation8
Profile Blog Joined May 2005
China26351 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-05-31 19:56:39
May 31 2016 19:56 GMT
#2210
When you guys do standing military presses, do you consciously stretch your shoulders out at the top by pulling your shoulders back and pushing your head forward a little before going back down?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
May 31 2016 20:15 GMT
#2211
On June 01 2016 04:56 zulu_nation8 wrote:
When you guys do standing military presses, do you consciously stretch your shoulders out at the top by pulling your shoulders back and pushing your head forward a little before going back down?


Yes, it looks way cooler, SPECIALLY if you are asian

[image loading]
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 31 2016 20:47 GMT
#2212
On June 01 2016 04:47 IgnE wrote:
you get what you pay for. $9 is a decent price for quality whey these days.


Ugh such bullshit too, use to be so easy to find good protein for 5/lb a few years ago and they've just inflated margins steadily for no reason. I should just buy the protein base through my company @$4-5/kg and add some flavor lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
May 31 2016 20:48 GMT
#2213
On June 01 2016 04:56 zulu_nation8 wrote:
When you guys do standing military presses, do you consciously stretch your shoulders out at the top by pulling your shoulders back and pushing your head forward a little before going back down?


Yeah I pull them back and down. did 55kg for 4x6 today lol. Was doing 85kg for 5 about a year ago -_- at least i'm mostly healthy now so maybe I can get back up there by the end of summer.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
May 31 2016 23:34 GMT
#2214
it kind of blows my mind that you are snatching like 300 lbs and not pressing close to two plates.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-01 00:32:11
June 01 2016 00:31 GMT
#2215
On June 01 2016 08:34 IgnE wrote:
it kind of blows my mind that you are snatching like 300 lbs and barely pressing 1 plate.


fyp
Ehzera
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Singapore212 Posts
June 01 2016 10:49 GMT
#2216
Really upset with myself today, but I still managed to hit a pretty decent PR all things considered. When I pulled 210kg the last time ~March I weighed around 94kg because I really let myself go during the holidays. Today I weighed 87.4kg and pulled 210kg with no hitch compared to the last time I pulled it. What really upset me was when I attempted 220kg I failed at the knees because...my form sucks. Ignored advice from so many people, even Ed Coan himself, to lock in my lats when pulling. I'm going to rework on my technique and give technique work an honest try.

Going to come back and pull 500lbs/227.5kg while losing more bf.
“A tree without roots is just a piece of wood.” - Marco Pierre White
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
June 01 2016 12:46 GMT
#2217
Yoga is great and so is Pilates! =]
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-02 04:33:20
June 01 2016 13:28 GMT
#2218
On June 01 2016 09:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2016 08:34 IgnE wrote:
it kind of blows my mind that you are snatching like 300 lbs and barely pressing 1 plate.


fyp


hahaha. Product of strong legs, efficient technique, and constant shoulder/wrist injuries/tendinitis that limit my pressing much more than my snatching.

Curious to see how my pressing progress goes. I think I started at 40kg 3x5 and went linear up to 80kg 3x5 over the course of 2-3 months at the beginning of last year until repeated pinched nerves in my neck from rugby pretty much destroyed my ability to press and pull. I tried a couple times (admittedly not that hard) but just couldn't seem to make the same progress. I think I've only ever pressed 95kg a couple times for a 1RM over the past few years, lower trap strength is always my bottle neck and something i've started to address lately as i've had some mild upper cross syndrome soreness in my back and probably contributes to my biceps tendonitis.

Edit: PR vegetables today. Had some with every meal today. Also somehow managed to go from one of my hip external rotators being too strained for me to do empty bar work yesterday to working up to a few really solid cleans at 150kg today. Hit 4x7 pull ups (without pain!) too which is my best since early last year...it's amazing how healthy my shoulders feel after 2 weeks off rugby lol. Also the young 69kg lifter at my gym squatted 155 for 5 and then then hit a 119 hang snatch, he's gonna be good as fuck one day.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
June 02 2016 21:25 GMT
#2219
On June 01 2016 22:28 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 01 2016 09:31 GoTuNk! wrote:
On June 01 2016 08:34 IgnE wrote:
it kind of blows my mind that you are snatching like 300 lbs and barely pressing 1 plate.


fyp


hahaha. Product of strong legs, efficient technique, and constant shoulder/wrist injuries/tendinitis that limit my pressing much more than my snatching.

Curious to see how my pressing progress goes. I think I started at 40kg 3x5 and went linear up to 80kg 3x5 over the course of 2-3 months at the beginning of last year until repeated pinched nerves in my neck from rugby pretty much destroyed my ability to press and pull. I tried a couple times (admittedly not that hard) but just couldn't seem to make the same progress. I think I've only ever pressed 95kg a couple times for a 1RM over the past few years, lower trap strength is always my bottle neck and something i've started to address lately as i've had some mild upper cross syndrome soreness in my back and probably contributes to my biceps tendonitis.

Edit: PR vegetables today. Had some with every meal today. Also somehow managed to go from one of my hip external rotators being too strained for me to do empty bar work yesterday to working up to a few really solid cleans at 150kg today. Hit 4x7 pull ups (without pain!) too which is my best since early last year...it's amazing how healthy my shoulders feel after 2 weeks off rugby lol. Also the young 69kg lifter at my gym squatted 155 for 5 and then then hit a 119 hang snatch, he's gonna be good as fuck one day.


Lies.

Product of going to A&B.

Only explainable reason.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Aerisky
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States12129 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-06-03 06:52:06
June 03 2016 06:39 GMT
#2220
Could I get some advice about protein powder?

I'm allergic to milk and egg so casein/whey/egg protein is out... I've been using soy protein, but heard that soy protein has really low "net protein utilization" (.61?) and I'm worried if maybe soy isn't very good? I hear there's also stuff about phytoestrogen, but that it's okay as long as you're not drinking like a gallon a day of soy milk or something?? scurred

So ya can I stick with soy protein powder, or should I use pea protein powder or something instead? The downside of pea is that it's pretty high in sodium, and the brands I've been able to find on amazon also have too much carbs so the yield or whatever is mediocre. Thanks so much!
Jim while Johnny had had had had had had had; had had had had the better effect on the teacher.
Prev 1 109 110 111 112 113 234 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 543
UpATreeSC 97
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 791
Dewaltoss 108
firebathero 81
Zeus 64
910 38
Trap 36
NaDa 28
Bale 25
ToSsGirL 18
Shine 13
Dota 2
Gorgc6562
420jenkins274
monkeys_forever99
Counter-Strike
edward92
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS149
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu2222
Other Games
summit1g5576
Grubby2837
B2W.Neo679
Beastyqt639
shahzam415
byalli411
KnowMe158
TKL 144
C9.Mang0143
ToD107
Railgan16
Chillindude10
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV247
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 35
• Adnapsc2 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• blackmanpl 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur278
• WagamamaTV252
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
3h 51m
Kung Fu Cup
14h 51m
Stellar Fest
16h 51m
The PondCast
1d 13h
OSC
1d 16h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.