• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:27
CEST 08:27
KST 15:27
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9565 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 97

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 173 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 02 2014 12:09 GMT
#1921
Caught up on sleep and tried eating more, worked up to a 1rm on overhead press: 150lb. Finally a workout where I didn't feel fatigued physically.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
July 02 2014 14:49 GMT
#1922
4days left of vacation and I'm at 29.5 hcp. I'm gonna have to play weekday afternoons to make 20 before fall.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
July 02 2014 17:01 GMT
#1923
I been back in the gym for about 2 weeks now. Feels liberating. Just been doing exercises with my buddy to learn all the machines and what workouts to pair up, but I'll be seriously starting my strength program soon. ATM looks like I'll be doing a variation of 3x5 with cardio on off days.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-02 22:48:22
July 02 2014 22:43 GMT
#1924
Warm-Up:
5 minutes Jump Rope
Power Clean and Push Jerk doubles for 15 minutes
7x2 @ 135 focusing on second pull/fast hip extension.

Strength:
7x5 squats @ 215
Was pretty easy until the last two. Probably could have gone for 225 without much trouble. Next time. Felt something "pop" in my lower back on the last rep, so I went light on....

Conditioning:
12 min EMOM
Odd minutes: 7 deadlifts @ 185
Even minutes: 50 double unders (or max attempts)
Got pretty close on double unders but didn't actually do any. If I'm not attempting doubles I can pretty much jump rope unbroken for a minute now. That's a HUGE improvement, since the first time I jumped rope (two weeks ago now?) I couldn't string together five single jumps and it took me almost 7 minutes to get 100 singles.

Don't think I actually did anything to my back, because I didn't feel it deadlifting and I don't feel it now. That weight was WAY too light. Should have been at least 225, but then I wouldn't have been able to focus on the jumping rope as well.

Tomorrow is "grace" as a holiday workout (30 c&j any variation for time) for independence day. Friday the gym is closed for the holiday. Saturday I'll be home, so it's either a looooong rest in front of me or I might be able to go to a regular gym and just do something heavy. I'm feeling some rows and some squat triples, but there likely won't be any conditioning work. Because I'm lazy.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 03 2014 00:14 GMT
#1925
Starting tomorrow, going to try to do 100 pull ups every single day for the rest of the month, in addition to whatever other exercise I do that day. Hoping to increase my one set max to 25.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 03 2014 02:16 GMT
#1926
PC & Jerk 95x1, 80x3x3
FS 130kgx3x5 (PR)

Also, Aukhadov trolling powerlifters

IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 03 2014 02:30 GMT
#1927
On July 03 2014 11:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
PC & Jerk 95x1, 80x3x3
FS 130kgx3x5 (PR)

Also, Aukhadov trolling powerlifters

http://youtu.be/II4Z80JoCnc


Meh, not that hard. I would be surprised if he couldn't do that.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 03 2014 02:49 GMT
#1928
On July 03 2014 11:30 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 11:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
PC & Jerk 95x1, 80x3x3
FS 130kgx3x5 (PR)

Also, Aukhadov trolling powerlifters

http://youtu.be/II4Z80JoCnc


Meh, not that hard. I would be surprised if he couldn't do that.


It's more how he does it; unrack by himself, close grip, no arch on the back and looks like he is barely triying :p. Remember he is 85kg aswell
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 03 2014 03:06 GMT
#1929
On July 03 2014 11:49 GoTuNk! wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 03 2014 11:30 IgnE wrote:
On July 03 2014 11:16 GoTuNk! wrote:
PC & Jerk 95x1, 80x3x3
FS 130kgx3x5 (PR)

Also, Aukhadov trolling powerlifters

http://youtu.be/II4Z80JoCnc


Meh, not that hard. I would be surprised if he couldn't do that.


It's more how he does it; unrack by himself, close grip, no arch on the back and looks like he is barely triying :p. Remember he is 85kg aswell


You said trolled powerlifers, so I expected him to pretend to fail and then when people came over to help he just cleaned the weight and reracked it himself.
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19259 Posts
July 03 2014 12:06 GMT
#1930
That's also not close grip
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-03 12:21:16
July 03 2014 12:18 GMT
#1931
I'd consider it close grip. Assuming the knurling is the same I probably grip around the same, maybe 1-2cm closer. Anything less it just becomes ruin-your-wrists-and-get-tendonitis grip in my case. Bad angle to judge grip width from though.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
July 03 2014 13:09 GMT
#1932
It's powerlifting close grip. But not bodybuilding close grip. =/
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 03 2014 15:21 GMT
#1933
My bro just benched 265... I thought we were so close danggggg. I'm way further behind than I thought.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 04 2014 00:30 GMT
#1934
Counter and I got a different number of reps for Grace today. Normally that would be cool, and I would just go with his time, but his was actually quite a lot LOWER than what I counted. When I thought I was at 24 or 25, he thought I was done.

Anyway Today:

Grace (30 C&J for time)
Scaled to 115 lbs
Rep Counter's time - 4:18
My counted time - 5:33

Legs were fried from yesterday, grip is all beaten up, and my back and forearms have never been so sore, but I did the workout anyway. It was just 5 minutes afterall.

Tomorrow the gym is "closed" but one of the assistant coaches might open it up for a free workout. If he does, I'll probably go work pullup triples for as long as my hands can tolerate. Might do something light for conditioning that's also a form issue for me, like wallballs and jumping rope, not sure yet.
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
July 04 2014 01:01 GMT
#1935
He probably wasn't paying attention and then gifted you some reps so as not to look like a dick.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 04 2014 01:11 GMT
#1936
Did snatch/cj at the local lifetime fitness this morning up to 90kg and then went to a buddy's pretty awesome gym this afternoon and snatched up to 115. Was nice lifting with someone knowledgable about the lifts and having some stuff to work on.

P.S. put up a bunch of training vids lately if you're not subbed to my YT channel:


+ Show Spoiler [more vids] +





how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
July 04 2014 01:38 GMT
#1937
On July 04 2014 10:01 IgnE wrote:
He probably wasn't paying attention and then gifted you some reps so as not to look like a dick.


He was definitely watching, because he did no-rep me once. But as for giving it his full attention, I'm sure you're right.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 04 2014 02:07 GMT
#1938
On July 04 2014 10:11 decafchicken wrote:
Did snatch/cj at the local lifetime fitness this morning up to 90kg and then went to a buddy's pretty awesome gym this afternoon and snatched up to 115. Was nice lifting with someone knowledgable about the lifts and having some stuff to work on.

P.S. put up a bunch of training vids lately if you're not subbed to my YT channel:
http://youtu.be/zHOOdeiXX8E

+ Show Spoiler [more vids] +

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvf28rNdtGk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhfBtjpX6v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ool7cRWuDd0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el8Ky78EXt8


More videos of the girl squatting at the 1 min mark on the second video in the spoilered section please

FULL snatch practice (finally)
Squat 180kgx3x3 (high bar)
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 07:45:30
July 04 2014 06:51 GMT
#1939
On June 26 2014 11:19 GoTuNk! wrote:

3/4 of the times I clean the bar I get dizzy. I have no idea why this is, I almost passed out today. It's really tilting as the cleans feel fairly "easy".

Any ideas?


this happens to me if i 1) am smoking lately 2) haven't done the lift for a while 3) i've been drinking coffee or energy drink lately 4) my heart rate is generally fucked lately 5) it'd happen if i drank and then lifted coz that fucks my heart aswell

so if you've been taking any stims/caffein/alcohol/smoke ....stop them and youll get better. its a warning sign uv fucked up ur heart (for me anyway). also do cardio



TODAY I START MY NEW TEMPORARY "I CANT BE FUCKED IM FUCKING EXHASUTED COZ IM HOOVERING 8.5 HRS/DAY" ROUTINE after like 4 weeks no gym

day 1 - ohp, side raises, abs
day 2 - pullups, dumbell curls
day 3 - bench, abs
day 4 - barbel row, forearm curls, grip

if i can maintain my upper body for now (for aethetics' sake) i'll be more than pleased. sq/pc/dl read:mobility can just wait until my life is more reasonable (got this job for just 10 weeks more then figure out the next step).

i'll be running back from work (2.9 miles) and probs going bodybuilding style (what's that, 10 reps many sets?) to reduce stress

Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Cinnamonster
Profile Joined May 2014
Belgium24 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 10:08:41
July 04 2014 09:50 GMT
#1940
An idea for a full body workout (going to do this starting tomorrow and doing this with 1 rest day inbetween so sometimes it's 3x in a week, sometimes 4x)
I only wonder if i should add or replace something for deadlift? (deadlift imo is a really good one for fullbody so i was considering adding it every 2 workouts. One workout i wouldn't do it, the next one i would, then i wouldn't, etc...)

Warm up - 5' rowing
Shoulders - 3x10 Z-bar upright row
Chest - 3x10 Benchpress
Back - 3x10 Pull ups
Abs - 3x10 Hanging legraises (with extra weigth)
Biceps - 3x21's
Triceps - 3x10 Tricep pushdown
Legs - 3x10 Squats
(and then ever 2 workouts i would add? deadlift as 8th exercise?)
(Cooldown - Walking home? 10')


3x10 or 3x8 ?

I'ld love to hear your oppinions about this 'idea'

(edit: i have all the time i want to go be in the gym and enough time to sleep inbetween since it's summervacation. If this matters in any way conserning the deadlift)
Cut cut cut cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut! Sawblades still not sharp enough!
Prev 1 95 96 97 98 99 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 34m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 34m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 34m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.