• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7520 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 98

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 173 Next
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
July 04 2014 11:18 GMT
#1941
you want to have pullups, overhead press, barbell row and preferably power cleans in there. and split things up appropriately....

this is my latest routine iirc:

Day 1 bench, squat, row
Day 2 powerclean, abs
Day 3 overhead press, deadlift, lateral raise
Day 4 pullup, dumbell curls

Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Cinnamonster
Profile Joined May 2014
Belgium24 Posts
July 04 2014 11:46 GMT
#1942
That's nice for a split .. But i want to do a full body workout and not a split :-)
Cut cut cut cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut! Sawblades still not sharp enough!
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 15:31:08
July 04 2014 15:23 GMT
#1943
The goldmedalbodies ebook on injuries and prevention is apparently free for a limited time.
I did not read it so I cant speak to its contend but it might be worth to check out for some.
Oiling the Hinges on amazon

It can be read online without a kindle.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 16:02:15
July 04 2014 16:01 GMT
#1944
On July 04 2014 20:46 Cinnamonster wrote:
That's nice for a split .. But i want to do a full body workout and not a split :-)


all workout routines are splits. you never do this shit in 1 day:

Z-bar upright row
3x10 Benchpress
Pull ups
Hanging legraises
Biceps
3x10 Tricep pushdown
3x10 Squats
(deadlift)

you spread it over several days

1
bench, squat, tricep pushdown

2
deadlift, pullup, biceps

3
overhead press, squat, hanging legraises


really you should stick to the important exercises i listed and add auxiliary/additional ones once you're comfortable with your main load. z-bar upright row is something i wouldn't EVER bother to do , for example. instead i do overhead press (and then lateral raises as extra). i doubt you'd ever want to do tricep pushdowns either if you're bench pressing normally...

my 2c

tldr looks like you're trying to do a weeks work in 1 day, every day
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 04 2014 16:59 GMT
#1945
On July 04 2014 15:51 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 26 2014 11:19 GoTuNk! wrote:

3/4 of the times I clean the bar I get dizzy. I have no idea why this is, I almost passed out today. It's really tilting as the cleans feel fairly "easy".

Any ideas?


this happens to me if i 1) am smoking lately 2) haven't done the lift for a while 3) i've been drinking coffee or energy drink lately 4) my heart rate is generally fucked lately 5) it'd happen if i drank and then lifted coz that fucks my heart aswell

so if you've been taking any stims/caffein/alcohol/smoke ....stop them and youll get better. its a warning sign uv fucked up ur heart (for me anyway). also do cardio



TODAY I START MY NEW TEMPORARY "I CANT BE FUCKED IM FUCKING EXHASUTED COZ IM HOOVERING 8.5 HRS/DAY" ROUTINE after like 4 weeks no gym

day 1 - ohp, side raises, abs
day 2 - pullups, dumbell curls
day 3 - bench, abs
day 4 - barbel row, forearm curls, grip

if i can maintain my upper body for now (for aethetics' sake) i'll be more than pleased. sq/pc/dl read:mobility can just wait until my life is more reasonable (got this job for just 10 weeks more then figure out the next step).

i'll be running back from work (2.9 miles) and probs going bodybuilding style (what's that, 10 reps many sets?) to reduce stress



I think it was a technical issue (pulling backwards instead of upwards) as I didn't get dizzy at all on my last cleaning session. Hopefully it's gone for good.
Just do light squats don't be a pussy :p, or at least deadlifts on the 4th day. You could also spread your layout routine into 3 days easily I think aswell
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 04 2014 17:08 GMT
#1946
On July 05 2014 00:23 Garbels wrote:
The goldmedalbodies ebook on injuries and prevention is apparently free for a limited time.
I did not read it so I cant speak to its contend but it might be worth to check out for some.
Oiling the Hinges on amazon

It can be read online without a kindle.

Thanks for the heads up, I will check it out.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Cinnamonster
Profile Joined May 2014
Belgium24 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 17:57:41
July 04 2014 17:57 GMT
#1947
On July 05 2014 01:01 FFGenerations wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 04 2014 20:46 Cinnamonster wrote:
That's nice for a split .. But i want to do a full body workout and not a split :-)


all workout routines are splits. you never do this shit in 1 day:

Z-bar upright row
3x10 Benchpress
Pull ups
Hanging legraises
Biceps
3x10 Tricep pushdown
3x10 Squats
(deadlift)

you spread it over several days

1
bench, squat, tricep pushdown

2
deadlift, pullup, biceps

3
overhead press, squat, hanging legraises


really you should stick to the important exercises i listed and add auxiliary/additional ones once you're comfortable with your main load. z-bar upright row is something i wouldn't EVER bother to do , for example. instead i do overhead press (and then lateral raises as extra). i doubt you'd ever want to do tricep pushdowns either if you're bench pressing normally...

my 2c

tldr looks like you're trying to do a weeks work in 1 day, every day


EVERY standard full body has these or similar in a workout, 2-3x per week ...
Should have known better then asking here :/
Cut cut cut cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut! Sawblades still not sharp enough!
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-07-04 19:02:08
July 04 2014 18:19 GMT
#1948
On July 05 2014 02:57 Cinnamonster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 05 2014 01:01 FFGenerations wrote:
On July 04 2014 20:46 Cinnamonster wrote:
That's nice for a split .. But i want to do a full body workout and not a split :-)


all workout routines are splits. you never do this shit in 1 day:

Z-bar upright row
3x10 Benchpress
Pull ups
Hanging legraises
Biceps
3x10 Tricep pushdown
3x10 Squats
(deadlift)

you spread it over several days

1
bench, squat, tricep pushdown

2
deadlift, pullup, biceps

3
overhead press, squat, hanging legraises


really you should stick to the important exercises i listed and add auxiliary/additional ones once you're comfortable with your main load. z-bar upright row is something i wouldn't EVER bother to do , for example. instead i do overhead press (and then lateral raises as extra). i doubt you'd ever want to do tricep pushdowns either if you're bench pressing normally...

my 2c

tldr looks like you're trying to do a weeks work in 1 day, every day


EVERY standard full body has these or similar in a workout, 2-3x per week ...
Should have known better then asking here :/


And every standard routine that is designed for building strength will split some of the exercises up similar to how FFGenerations listed it, whether you do stronglifts, starting strength, 5/3/1 or any of the many variations.

You simply don't have enough energy to be able to work every body part effectively in the manner you are trying in a single day, and then also recover in time to do it all again; routines usually try to focus on a big compound lift like squat, deadlift, bench or OHP and then a couple accessory exercises.
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
July 04 2014 18:22 GMT
#1949
The point is that full body splits are sub-optimal. If you don't like hearing that, don't ask.
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
July 04 2014 18:37 GMT
#1950
is this why we see some people trying to ohp and bench on the same day :x
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
July 05 2014 01:44 GMT
#1951
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything.

I've been practicing the Oly lifts for quite a some time now and it finally starts looking the way it should.

Earlier this year I invited Alexander Varbanov to our gym for a workshop. If you don't know, Varbanov has the highest clean and jerk in the history of the middleweight category (215,5kg) and still has the best total ever with 382,5kg (2,5kg more than Lu Xiaojun present record).

It was the first time i had direct teaching of the lifts and it was a lot of fun. Fast forward to next thuesday, I will fly to Bulgaria participate to his training camp. We will be coached by Alex himself, Ivan Lechev and a certain Ivan Abadjiev. I will try to keep a log and at least feed my fb and or instagram with goodies.

#legendsofweightlifting

On a side note, Decaf's lifts are incredible.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
July 05 2014 03:11 GMT
#1952
Thanks blonde <3 can't wait to hear/see all about it!!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
July 06 2014 21:42 GMT
#1953
Nothing particularly impressive or noteworthy about today. I hate the gym's squat rack cause it has those safety bars that are too damn high, but oh well. I guess I'll just have to squat at home more.

OHP 3x5 @95 lbs
Squat 3x5 @165 lbs
Deadlift 1x5 @265 lbs

Everything felt pretty easy today. The last rep of OHP was a bit tough, but I felt pretty good overall about the squatting. I go slightly wider now and it seems to help. I wish I had brought my shoes to the gym instead of just wearing sneakers, but oh well.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
July 06 2014 22:12 GMT
#1954
Belly just won't go away T.T I run about 20 km a week and in the other days I lift some weights (I have a 2 muscles split program). My eating is pretty lean (steak or eggs + vegetables for lunch, more or less the same in the evening).

The results are so slow it's making me sad.In 3-4 months I am BARELY able to see my top 2 abs, while the area under my bellybutton is a mess. People who didn't see me for a long time all go like 'hey man, you lost a lot of weight' but I just can't seem to make any progress .-.

the bad thing is that I'm a really heavy drinker on the weekend :S but during the week absolutely no alcohol whatsoever, I never drink sodas etc. I refuse to believe that if you get drunk once a week you can't have a 6 pack if you run 20 km and lift weights. I know people who are super ripped, eat like shit and drink more than me.My genetics probably suck so bad.
Dating thread on TL LUL
Garbels
Profile Joined July 2010
Austria653 Posts
July 06 2014 22:37 GMT
#1955
I agree about your genetics. Looks like you got the impatient gene
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
July 06 2014 22:39 GMT
#1956
On July 07 2014 07:37 Garbels wrote:
I agree about your genetics. Looks like you got the impatient gene


Sometimes I think I should just give up on cardio/fasting/etc and (since I earn muscle fast and good) just lifting super hard and eating like a mountain...at least I'd push on my strong points...
Dating thread on TL LUL
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
July 06 2014 23:01 GMT
#1957
On July 07 2014 07:39 SoSexy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2014 07:37 Garbels wrote:
I agree about your genetics. Looks like you got the impatient gene


Sometimes I think I should just give up on cardio/fasting/etc and (since I earn muscle fast and good) just lifting super hard and eating like a mountain...at least I'd push on my strong points...


Ab visibility is so much more about diet than working out and even less about running. Track your calories, eat a few hundred under maintenance and you'll lose the fat and have visable abs.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
July 06 2014 23:03 GMT
#1958
On July 07 2014 08:01 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 07 2014 07:39 SoSexy wrote:
On July 07 2014 07:37 Garbels wrote:
I agree about your genetics. Looks like you got the impatient gene


Sometimes I think I should just give up on cardio/fasting/etc and (since I earn muscle fast and good) just lifting super hard and eating like a mountain...at least I'd push on my strong points...


Ab visibility is so much more about diet than working out and even less about running. Track your calories, eat a few hundred under maintenance and you'll lose the fat and have visable abs.


i really don't think I could eat less than what I do now. Some days my head started spinning randomly during the day and it's dangerous, especially at work or while driving
Dating thread on TL LUL
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
July 06 2014 23:35 GMT
#1959
On July 05 2014 10:44 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
Hello everyone, it's been a while since I've posted anything.

I've been practicing the Oly lifts for quite a some time now and it finally starts looking the way it should.

Earlier this year I invited Alexander Varbanov to our gym for a workshop. If you don't know, Varbanov has the highest clean and jerk in the history of the middleweight category (215,5kg) and still has the best total ever with 382,5kg (2,5kg more than Lu Xiaojun present record).

It was the first time i had direct teaching of the lifts and it was a lot of fun. Fast forward to next thuesday, I will fly to Bulgaria participate to his training camp. We will be coached by Alex himself, Ivan Lechev and a certain Ivan Abadjiev. I will try to keep a log and at least feed my fb and or instagram with goodies.

#legendsofweightlifting

On a side note, Decaf's lifts are incredible.


Sick. Plz ask him what was his max squat/FS/DL at the time. I always wonder this about all oly lifters.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
July 06 2014 23:52 GMT
#1960
Awesome to get an update from blonde
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Prev 1 96 97 98 99 100 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Disclosure: This page contains affiliate marketing links that support TLnet.

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.