• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:37
CEST 02:37
KST 09:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8932 users

Teamliquid Health and Fitness Initiative for 2014 - Page 60

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 173 Next
Donkeys
Profile Joined August 2010
Mexico308 Posts
April 16 2014 23:32 GMT
#1181
Today:

Block snatch 135x3 145x3 160x2 170 180 185 190x 160x3 165x3 175x5
Clean + FS + jerk 205 225 235 245 250 255x
Clean + jerk 225x1+3 235x1+3 225x1+3
Clean DL w/pause 285x3x4
Jerk dips 305x3x4
Klokov press 120x5 125x2 115x5x2

Long as training today. I really suck at block snatches, I get the pull fine but I catch it funny, or at least it feels funny.
http://www.belowtherimyo.blogspot.com/
tofucake
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Hyrule19257 Posts
April 16 2014 23:38 GMT
#1182
if you have bear quads you're basically SOL when it comes to jeans.
Liquipediaasante sana squash banana
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-16 23:44:38
April 16 2014 23:40 GMT
#1183
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?

I don't have huge legs, but my legs (and ass) are pretty big for my height/weight. I usually go with what's most comfortable for me. Honestly, just go for jeans that are comfortable enough that you won't hate yourself for having to wear them. For ultimate comfort nothing beats sweatpants, but there are times when you have to wear jeans. You can get away with jeans as long as they're not too baggy and you don't look like you're wearing skinny jeans.

Now the real question for you guys is what do you guys do for shirt shopping? My neck keeps getting thicker and some of my old shirts don't fit my wrists/neck anymore. No, I'm not talking about t-shirts. I'm talking about dress shirts (I have to wear them every single day for school). It's honestly the biggest pain in the ass wearing dress shirts that are tight around the neck, you feel like you're suffocating all day

Edit: Check out the fashion thread btw. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you if you took some pictures, no homo.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-16 23:54:59
April 16 2014 23:54 GMT
#1184
On April 17 2014 08:40 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?

I don't have huge legs, but my legs (and ass) are pretty big for my height/weight. I usually go with what's most comfortable for me. Honestly, just go for jeans that are comfortable enough that you won't hate yourself for having to wear them. For ultimate comfort nothing beats sweatpants, but there are times when you have to wear jeans. You can get away with jeans as long as they're not too baggy and you don't look like you're wearing skinny jeans.

Now the real question for you guys is what do you guys do for shirt shopping? My neck keeps getting thicker and some of my old shirts don't fit my wrists/neck anymore. No, I'm not talking about t-shirts. I'm talking about dress shirts (I have to wear them every single day for school). It's honestly the biggest pain in the ass wearing dress shirts that are tight around the neck, you feel like you're suffocating all day

Edit: Check out the fashion thread btw. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you if you took some pictures, no homo.


Most good quality dress shirts have different sizes at the neck and arm lenghts (you need to find a store which sells em like that). Maybe look into clothes for fat ppl :p
I find many t-shirts to be uncomfortable at the neck, or look like I'm wearing a colar, so I try to buy V-neck types.

OHP 75kgx3x2, 72.5kgx3x6
Klokov Press 40kgx10x4

A chiro fixed me up today. Best thing ever; tilted ankle, hips and a tight muscle below the knee (which caused my pain). I can feel my back re aligning ;d, and also, despite my guesses, don't have any terrible injuries anywhere.
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
April 16 2014 23:55 GMT
#1185
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I'd trust your girlfriend, but it also depends on what you really mean by constricts your thighs. I'd just look for pants with a tapered leg and a standard fit thigh and that will probably fit pretty well for you. I personally wear levi's 511s but if you have more money you could get some tailored but I sense that isn't really much of an interest of yours.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 17 2014 00:17 GMT
#1186
I want to know what Kelly Starrett wears because he gets into some serious positions in jeans.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 17 2014 00:25 GMT
#1187
Most good quality dress shirts have different sizes at the neck and arm lenghts (you need to find a store which sells em like that). Maybe look into clothes for fat ppl :p

I know, but I need a way to not outgrow my shirts for the next year. I only have one year of school left and I really just want to make it through without having to get new clothes. I actually despise wearing dress clothes
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 17 2014 00:42 GMT
#1188
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 17 2014 00:57 GMT
#1189
Dress pants are easier to tailor, and they come in much more varied fits. Wear them, and have like two pairs of jeans, you'll be fine. If you really want jeans, relaxed fit with a tapered leg and screw the waist.

@mtl IDK why you despise wearing dress clothes. Just buy new ones. You're going to need to have dress shirts that fit, even if you're not wearing them every day, you'll enjoy wearing them more if they fit properly, and you'll look better. for shirts you can either really get into it and buy the neck/arm length custom sized ones, or you can go with a cheaper brand, size up and look for a modern/slim fit. I've also got ridiculously long arms though. As for T-shirts, I can't wear V-necks =(. My neck is already a mile long and I just look goofy with a v-neck.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
April 17 2014 01:27 GMT
#1190
On April 17 2014 09:57 phyre112 wrote:
Dress pants are easier to tailor, and they come in much more varied fits. Wear them, and have like two pairs of jeans, you'll be fine. If you really want jeans, relaxed fit with a tapered leg and screw the waist.

@mtl IDK why you despise wearing dress clothes. Just buy new ones. You're going to need to have dress shirts that fit, even if you're not wearing them every day, you'll enjoy wearing them more if they fit properly, and you'll look better. for shirts you can either really get into it and buy the neck/arm length custom sized ones, or you can go with a cheaper brand, size up and look for a modern/slim fit. I've also got ridiculously long arms though. As for T-shirts, I can't wear V-necks =(. My neck is already a mile long and I just look goofy with a v-neck.

Well I have a lot that fit, but a lot of my older ones just don't fit anymore. I'll probably end up giving them to goodwill or something since I really have nothing else to do with them =/

I get like 50% off my clothes at Paul Frederick because my cousin and her husband are both pretty high level employees there, so it's not too big of a deal. And you'd hate wearing dress clothes if you wore them every single day for 4 years in the warm, cold, sunny and wet. It's awful wearing just a blazer, shirt, and slacks in 10 degree weather (Fahrenheit), but it's even worse wearing that in 85 degree weather. Ridiculously uncomfortable, especially when you're trying to pay attention.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
April 17 2014 01:31 GMT
#1191
On April 17 2014 10:27 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 09:57 phyre112 wrote:
Dress pants are easier to tailor, and they come in much more varied fits. Wear them, and have like two pairs of jeans, you'll be fine. If you really want jeans, relaxed fit with a tapered leg and screw the waist.

@mtl IDK why you despise wearing dress clothes. Just buy new ones. You're going to need to have dress shirts that fit, even if you're not wearing them every day, you'll enjoy wearing them more if they fit properly, and you'll look better. for shirts you can either really get into it and buy the neck/arm length custom sized ones, or you can go with a cheaper brand, size up and look for a modern/slim fit. I've also got ridiculously long arms though. As for T-shirts, I can't wear V-necks =(. My neck is already a mile long and I just look goofy with a v-neck.

Well I have a lot that fit, but a lot of my older ones just don't fit anymore. I'll probably end up giving them to goodwill or something since I really have nothing else to do with them =/

I get like 50% off my clothes at Paul Frederick because my cousin and her husband are both pretty high level employees there, so it's not too big of a deal. And you'd hate wearing dress clothes if you wore them every single day for 4 years in the warm, cold, sunny and wet. It's awful wearing just a blazer, shirt, and slacks in 10 degree weather (Fahrenheit), but it's even worse wearing that in 85 degree weather. Ridiculously uncomfortable, especially when you're trying to pay attention.


Up until a year ago, I never even owned a blazer. I suppose if I had to wear them like that I might have a different opinion, but I'm betting once you don't have to wear them anymore and can chose to, your opinions will change too =)
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
April 17 2014 01:49 GMT
#1192
On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?

I just sent a "general inquiry" to mwod. I can't imagine I'm the first so hopefully I get an answer
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 17 2014 04:01 GMT
#1193
On April 17 2014 08:40 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?

I don't have huge legs, but my legs (and ass) are pretty big for my height/weight. I usually go with what's most comfortable for me. Honestly, just go for jeans that are comfortable enough that you won't hate yourself for having to wear them. For ultimate comfort nothing beats sweatpants, but there are times when you have to wear jeans. You can get away with jeans as long as they're not too baggy and you don't look like you're wearing skinny jeans.

Now the real question for you guys is what do you guys do for shirt shopping? My neck keeps getting thicker and some of my old shirts don't fit my wrists/neck anymore. No, I'm not talking about t-shirts. I'm talking about dress shirts (I have to wear them every single day for school). It's honestly the biggest pain in the ass wearing dress shirts that are tight around the neck, you feel like you're suffocating all day

Edit: Check out the fashion thread btw. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you if you took some pictures, no homo.


99% of jeans are going to be loose around your waist and a bit tighter around your legs and ass (provided you can find a pair you can actually get in). Girls are often a big fan of nice legs/butt on a guy. It's a bit shitty because you'll have to get something loose around the waist and belt it up which isn't ideal. I guess you could try to find something tailored.

Dress clothes are much easier to find because they're a lot easier to find different fits and get tailored. For dress shirts I've had a lot of luck recently at Express getting XL or XXL size in their Extra Slim cut to fit my 17.5-18 inch neck and broad shoulders but still fit my slimmer torso. When I found a suit that fit my shoulders I looked like a pin cushion by the time the tailor brought in the legs and waist but the end result looks and fits great.

On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?


Haha small world, these are the exactly same jeans I have and the only ones i've found that fit me pretty well. Snagged em a year or two ago at costco. Sad to hear they don't make them any more


how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 04:10:25
April 17 2014 04:06 GMT
#1194
On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?


There are sites such as this: http://www.orijeans.us/ that allow you to input your measurements for custom made jeans. It's $150 a pair though unfortunately.

Someone should open a line of clothing targeting the niche of people who lift and can't find clothes that fit them properly ever.

Edit: Oh hey I'm a mutalisk now
IgnE
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7681 Posts
April 17 2014 04:11 GMT
#1195
On April 17 2014 13:01 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 08:40 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?

I don't have huge legs, but my legs (and ass) are pretty big for my height/weight. I usually go with what's most comfortable for me. Honestly, just go for jeans that are comfortable enough that you won't hate yourself for having to wear them. For ultimate comfort nothing beats sweatpants, but there are times when you have to wear jeans. You can get away with jeans as long as they're not too baggy and you don't look like you're wearing skinny jeans.

Now the real question for you guys is what do you guys do for shirt shopping? My neck keeps getting thicker and some of my old shirts don't fit my wrists/neck anymore. No, I'm not talking about t-shirts. I'm talking about dress shirts (I have to wear them every single day for school). It's honestly the biggest pain in the ass wearing dress shirts that are tight around the neck, you feel like you're suffocating all day

Edit: Check out the fashion thread btw. I'm sure they'd be willing to help you if you took some pictures, no homo.


99% of jeans are going to be loose around your waist and a bit tighter around your legs and ass (provided you can find a pair you can actually get in). Girls are often a big fan of nice legs/butt on a guy. It's a bit shitty because you'll have to get something loose around the waist and belt it up which isn't ideal. I guess you could try to find something tailored.

Dress clothes are much easier to find because they're a lot easier to find different fits and get tailored. For dress shirts I've had a lot of luck recently at Express getting XL or XXL size in their Extra Slim cut to fit my 17.5-18 inch neck and broad shoulders but still fit my slimmer torso. When I found a suit that fit my shoulders I looked like a pin cushion by the time the tailor brought in the legs and waist but the end result looks and fits great.

Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?


Haha small world, these are the exactly same jeans I have and the only ones i've found that fit me pretty well. Snagged em a year or two ago at costco. Sad to hear they don't make them any more




The other problem with big legs is that you wear a hole in the fabric between your thighs. That's why I had to throw my original jeans away. Wore a big hole in them.
The unrealistic sound of these propositions is indicative, not of their utopian character, but of the strength of the forces which prevent their realization.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
April 17 2014 04:40 GMT
#1196
@igne yeah thats where i just went through on my other pair of lucky jeans that i found that i could squeeze into. But now they're pretty f'd up from the thigh rubbing combined with being tight around my quads.

On April 17 2014 13:06 Najda wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?


There are sites such as this: http://www.orijeans.us/ that allow you to input your measurements for custom made jeans. It's $150 a pair though unfortunately.

Someone should open a line of clothing targeting the niche of people who lift and can't find clothes that fit them properly ever.

Edit: Oh hey I'm a mutalisk now

I will be getting a pair of these if it takes off, looks like they're doing quite well.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/barbellapparel/barbell-denim-functional-denim-has-arrived
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Najda
Profile Joined June 2010
United States3765 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-17 05:21:20
April 17 2014 05:20 GMT
#1197
On April 17 2014 13:40 decafchicken wrote:
@igne yeah thats where i just went through on my other pair of lucky jeans that i found that i could squeeze into. But now they're pretty f'd up from the thigh rubbing combined with being tight around my quads.

Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 13:06 Najda wrote:
On April 17 2014 09:42 IgnE wrote:
On April 17 2014 08:06 autoexec wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:10 decafchicken wrote:
On April 17 2014 01:06 mordek wrote:
Get that toxic attitude in check decaf!

Work pants getting tighter and tighter after lower day O.O Gonna have to shop soon.


Grab me a pair of jeans while you're at it, absolutely ripped through one of mine the other day T_T


Extremely offtopic, but while we are on the topic of pants, how do you guys deal with buying jeans? My thighs are way too big to wear normal jeans comfortably as they constrict my thighs although my waist is extremely loose. Apparently that is socially acceptable though as I was shopping with my girlfriend today and she said a pair of jeans that were like that looked good on me? Do you guys do what "looks good" (although I think it looks awful, but if the lady is happy...) or what feels good with wearing jeans over large legs?


I just bought some lucky relaxed fit jeans. They stopped making them a couple years ago but I found a pair like the first ones I had. They are the only jeans that fit moderately ok. Every other pair of jeans I've ever tried on, and I've been shopping at a lot of stores with my gf for them, have had a massive waist if I was able to get my legs in at all. Jeans fucking suck. I do not recommend them. I wear out belts faster than any other thing I wear because I basically have to cinch my jeans up around my waist, but they look like shit, so I stopped wearing jeans and went all dress pants. Dress pants are by no means easy to find, but they are easier to tailor than jeans. I also find them more comfortable.

Someone should ask Kelly Starrett what his jeans are. Is there like a mailbag situation he answers?


There are sites such as this: http://www.orijeans.us/ that allow you to input your measurements for custom made jeans. It's $150 a pair though unfortunately.

Someone should open a line of clothing targeting the niche of people who lift and can't find clothes that fit them properly ever.

Edit: Oh hey I'm a mutalisk now

I will be getting a pair of these if it takes off, looks like they're doing quite well.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/barbellapparel/barbell-denim-functional-denim-has-arrived


Yeah the orijeans had a kickstarter as well, could have gotten a pair for $89 at that time and it offers a lot more options in terms of style and fit, though I can't comment on how the stretchability compares to the Barbell jeans. I'm definitely not at the point yet where I need to be worrying about such things though, perhaps in a year from now that'll be different.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 17 2014 07:27 GMT
#1198
Every pair of jeans I've ever owned have failed at the crotch/thighs -_- Sucks to throw away a perfectly good pair of pants because of small holes in a very particular place. Apparently you can sort of "armor" them in dangerzones, but there is no way to really repair a pair of jeans.

On an unrelated note, golf season is officially on. There is no better low-intensity cardio, no better way to get the adrenaline truly flowing than being unable to hit a ball in a straight line for three consecutive hours.

I can't wait.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 17 2014 07:58 GMT
#1199
On April 17 2014 16:27 Osmoses wrote:
Every pair of jeans I've ever owned have failed at the crotch/thighs -_- Sucks to throw away a perfectly good pair of pants because of small holes in a very particular place. Apparently you can sort of "armor" them in dangerzones, but there is no way to really repair a pair of jeans.

On an unrelated note, golf season is officially on. There is no better low-intensity cardio, no better way to get the adrenaline truly flowing than being unable to hit a ball in a straight line for three consecutive hours.

I can't wait.

What's your handicap Osmoses?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
April 17 2014 10:04 GMT
#1200
On April 17 2014 10:31 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 10:27 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
On April 17 2014 09:57 phyre112 wrote:
Dress pants are easier to tailor, and they come in much more varied fits. Wear them, and have like two pairs of jeans, you'll be fine. If you really want jeans, relaxed fit with a tapered leg and screw the waist.

@mtl IDK why you despise wearing dress clothes. Just buy new ones. You're going to need to have dress shirts that fit, even if you're not wearing them every day, you'll enjoy wearing them more if they fit properly, and you'll look better. for shirts you can either really get into it and buy the neck/arm length custom sized ones, or you can go with a cheaper brand, size up and look for a modern/slim fit. I've also got ridiculously long arms though. As for T-shirts, I can't wear V-necks =(. My neck is already a mile long and I just look goofy with a v-neck.

Well I have a lot that fit, but a lot of my older ones just don't fit anymore. I'll probably end up giving them to goodwill or something since I really have nothing else to do with them =/

I get like 50% off my clothes at Paul Frederick because my cousin and her husband are both pretty high level employees there, so it's not too big of a deal. And you'd hate wearing dress clothes if you wore them every single day for 4 years in the warm, cold, sunny and wet. It's awful wearing just a blazer, shirt, and slacks in 10 degree weather (Fahrenheit), but it's even worse wearing that in 85 degree weather. Ridiculously uncomfortable, especially when you're trying to pay attention.


Up until a year ago, I never even owned a blazer. I suppose if I had to wear them like that I might have a different opinion, but I'm betting once you don't have to wear them anymore and can chose to, your opinions will change too =)

Well he isn't me, but when I left school I did not miss wearing that shit one bit.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 58 59 60 61 62 173 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2478
Artosis 685
White-Ra 116
910 44
Dota 2
monkeys_forever586
NeuroSwarm201
Counter-Strike
m0e_tv300
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe160
Other Games
summit1g8893
shahzam598
JimRising 575
C9.Mang0316
ArmadaUGS60
RuFF_SC29
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick790
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream334
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 120
• davetesta20
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 23m
Afreeca Starleague
9h 23m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
23h 23m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.