• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8993 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 373

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 371 372 373 374 375 379 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 13 2012 15:50 GMT
#7441
On December 14 2012 00:28 infinity21 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2012 13:20 phyre112 wrote:
On December 13 2012 08:07 infinity21 wrote:
On December 13 2012 07:01 zatic wrote:
On December 13 2012 06:56 infinity21 wrote:
Oh yeah, don't do bench and chins on the same day if you can help it.

Why? I find press and chins on the same day worse, so I always do them on bench day.

Because both chins and bench use your pecs so your performance should decrease.
I just do press, chins, and bench all on different days.


Chins use your pecs? Wut?

I definitely find them easier to do on bench day, but as long as the chin/row/clean/whatever you're doing is done after the press, it wasn't too big a concern imo.

Yup. If you guys do chins and bench on the same day, you won't get maximal performance out of whatever you do second.
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html

@mordek: you can always stack plates to give you a boost so you don't have to jump

I have the option of climbing up the squat rack safety bars but you look like a boss jumping up with 50lb on you. I like to think its more practical/functional if a situation arises in real life haha. On my 90lb attempt I almost lost my grip in one hand which may have affected my first pull. It's kind of an arbitrary restriction I put on myself
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 13 2012 15:59 GMT
#7442
Well I do vanilla SS, so there is no day I am not doing either bench or press, and they are the important things for me.

Additionally I do chins on bench day and dips on press day. I would probably get more out of chin and dips if I didn't press before but whatever - bench and press are the priority.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
December 13 2012 16:06 GMT
#7443
On December 14 2012 00:50 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 00:28 infinity21 wrote:
On December 13 2012 13:20 phyre112 wrote:
On December 13 2012 08:07 infinity21 wrote:
On December 13 2012 07:01 zatic wrote:
On December 13 2012 06:56 infinity21 wrote:
Oh yeah, don't do bench and chins on the same day if you can help it.

Why? I find press and chins on the same day worse, so I always do them on bench day.

Because both chins and bench use your pecs so your performance should decrease.
I just do press, chins, and bench all on different days.


Chins use your pecs? Wut?

I definitely find them easier to do on bench day, but as long as the chin/row/clean/whatever you're doing is done after the press, it wasn't too big a concern imo.

Yup. If you guys do chins and bench on the same day, you won't get maximal performance out of whatever you do second.
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/LatissimusDorsi/BWUnderhandChinup.html

@mordek: you can always stack plates to give you a boost so you don't have to jump

I have the option of climbing up the squat rack safety bars but you look like a boss jumping up with 50lb on you. I like to think its more practical/functional if a situation arises in real life haha. On my 90lb attempt I almost lost my grip in one hand which may have affected my first pull. It's kind of an arbitrary restriction I put on myself

Damn, I don't know if my shoulders can last jumping up with 70+lb lol

Zatic: yeah that's the stupid thing about SS imo. You should be working on pushing & pulling evenly, not focusing on just one. When you need to switch up your program, I'd keep that balance in mind.
Official Entusman #21
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
December 13 2012 18:04 GMT
#7444
There is always going to be overlap if you add a 4th compound exercise into the programm. Since there are basically 3 basic movements (Squat, Push, Pull), the last exercise is always going to suffer. So you basically have to sequence the exercises during the workout in terms of importance, and of course so that they don't interfere much with each other. And different things work for different people there, as all above posts already show. For me, if I start a workout with weighted dips, my forearms are just gonna be spend for everyting I do afterwards. And Bench and Dips together don't work that well either, so I like OHP and Dips. And with Chins and Pull-Ups, more often than not I feel those movements first in my lower back and abdominals, strangely enough. We are all unique snowflowers.
Chins and Dips are just way too good exercises to not do them after you have some serious training time under your belt. The SS 3x/week with 3 exercises each is just a little bit too limiting in the long run, unless you are about pure powerlifting and don't care about anything else.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 19:07:30
December 13 2012 19:02 GMT
#7445
My current workout structure is
OHP: M, work up to a heavy set of 5 and do some volume after
chins: W, heavy weighted 3x3 and volume after
Bench: F, doing random stuff atm; been going for 1RM lately
front squat: MWF, max out squat nemesis style
back squat: TuTh, max out squat nemesis style

Basically I've structured it so my pecs are fresh for chins and since chins don't put excessive stress on pecs, I'm ok for bench too. Then I get 2 rest days to recover for OHP.

It's been doing wonders for my front squat and OHP but I'm struggling with chin-ups atm (used to be just one heavy set of 5 + volume or RPT style). Thinking of adding some bw or lightly weighted pull-ups on Mondays or Fridays for added volume. Haven't really settled down on bench yet so not sure if that's stalling or not.
Official Entusman #21
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 14 2012 15:44 GMT
#7446
So Wednesday was my last workout this year.

Here is my progression over the year:
+ Show Spoiler +
Squat 90 -> 100
[image loading]

Press 50 -> 62.5
[image loading]

Frontsquat 70 -> 92.5
[image loading]

Clean 52.5 -> 65
[image loading]

Bench 70 -> 90
[image loading]

Deadlift 90 -> 142.5
[image loading]


I am most happy about the press, since last year that was my worst exercise by far. Second is probably bench, because I was aiming for 90kg before Christmas and just nailed a perfect 5-5-5 on Wednesday.

Squat is what I still have huge problems with. It just seems I can't progress past 100kg with decent form. If I load more I just can't get below parallel and squat less deep with every session (that is what happened in February last year). Fixing my squat will be my priority for 2013.
I added frontsquats out of frustration about my squat and at least that is going better than the backsquat.

I didn't make my second Christmas goal though: 2x BW DL, but just barely failed it. 142.5 @ 72kg BW currently. I am really happy with DL generally though.

I maintained between 70-72kg BW all year, which is fine I guess. Aiming for 75kg eventually, but I have no time set to reach that goal. I don't care about weight or aesthetics that much really.

The most important thing I learned: Consistency is EVERYTHING. I made very little progress if at all during the summer, when I was missing a lot of workouts and sometimes didn't do anything because of traveling. Then back home from November to December during which I didn't miss a single workout I broke PRs basically every single time . It's an amazing feeling to just get stronger every day.

Final success story from my last workout: When I walked in the hottest girl in the gym approached me and asked me for advice on her squat. She usually hangs out with all the huge pumped up bros but said I am the only one who looks like he knows what he is doing.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 16:09:19
December 14 2012 16:01 GMT
#7447
On December 15 2012 00:44 zatic wrote:
So Wednesday was my last workout this year.

Here is my progression over the year:
+ Show Spoiler +
Squat 90 -> 100
[image loading]

Press 50 -> 62.5
[image loading]

Frontsquat 70 -> 92.5
[image loading]

Clean 52.5 -> 65
[image loading]

Bench 70 -> 90
[image loading]

Deadlift 90 -> 142.5
[image loading]


I am most happy about the press, since last year that was my worst exercise by far. Second is probably bench, because I was aiming for 90kg before Christmas and just nailed a perfect 5-5-5 on Wednesday.

Squat is what I still have huge problems with. It just seems I can't progress past 100kg with decent form. If I load more I just can't get below parallel and squat less deep with every session (that is what happened in February last year). Fixing my squat will be my priority for 2013.
I added frontsquats out of frustration about my squat and at least that is going better than the backsquat.

I didn't make my second Christmas goal though: 2x BW DL, but just barely failed it. 142.5 @ 72kg BW currently. I am really happy with DL generally though.

I maintained between 70-72kg BW all year, which is fine I guess. Aiming for 75kg eventually, but I have no time set to reach that goal. I don't care about weight or aesthetics that much really.

The most important thing I learned: Consistency is EVERYTHING. I made very little progress if at all during the summer, when I was missing a lot of workouts and sometimes didn't do anything because of traveling. Then back home from November to December during which I didn't miss a single workout I broke PRs basically every single time . It's an amazing feeling to just get stronger every day.

Final success story from my last workout: When I walked in the hottest girl in the gym approached me and asked me for advice on her squat. She usually hangs out with all the huge pumped up bros but said I am the only one who looks like he knows what he is doing.

Holy shit, the difference in your progression from Nov 15 compared with the rest of the year is just insane. I've been lucky enough not to have much interfere with my lifts over the last year, but my gf hasn't been as lucky and her graphs would probably look almost exactly the same. Consistency really is super important.

Also, awesome success story. I had somebody ask me what exactly I was training for recently because I have a very strange training style. I seem to only do strength training...

My graphs:

+ Show Spoiler [Squat] +
[image loading]

Just the max lift per session:
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Bench] +
[image loading]

Just the max lift per session:
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Press] +
[image loading]

Just the max lift per session:
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Deadlift] +
[image loading]

Just the max lift per session:
[image loading]


I'm pretty happy with everything, especially the last two months. Bench had a really shit year until the last month, so my goal will definitely be to improve it. OHP always moves at a snails pace but I'm still optimistic I can improve it consistently. Squats and Deadlifts always go well.

EDIT: Comparing my graph with zatic's, I seem to reset way more often than you do.
Moderator
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
December 14 2012 16:33 GMT
#7448
lol you guys lift way more consistently than I do. My graphs are all over the place ~_~
+ Show Spoiler [daily max only] +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Official Entusman #21
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 14 2012 19:11 GMT
#7449
only If I logged consistently my gym sessions in fitocracy. I should do it next year and show pretty graphics too with year-goal pics .

oh well.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 14 2012 19:26 GMT
#7450
Every time I check mine I get a little bummed. I feel like I made progress but the charts don't really show it... If only I hadn't injured my SI Joint I think my squat/deadlift would have been nice to look at.

Nice progress all Fitocracy charts are really sweet.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 14 2012 20:37 GMT
#7451
Where are you guys making these graphs I might use it for 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
December 14 2012 20:52 GMT
#7452
Today I squatted 100kg for the first time

+ Show Spoiler +


After 4 reps I lost count and had to ask the girl holding my phone


I'm not exactly happy with my form. On the last rep of the second set I leaned so far foward the bar was resting on my neck, which hurt for a good minute afterward. I didn't want to kill myself, but I really didn't want to fail 3x5 so I did the last set lowbar. Fucked my left arm again, but I did it, weight felt like babby with lowbar.

So, I made it. It might not have been perfect form, far from it, but I squatted 2plate 3x5. Unfortunately, because of my arm injury, I could neither bench nor deadlift for the last 2-3 months of this year.

My new goals are for june 2013. I'll start with focusing on healing my arm, then dropping down to 90kg bodyweight again.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 21:18:44
December 14 2012 21:18 GMT
#7453
On December 15 2012 05:37 Mementoss wrote:
Where are you guys making these graphs I might use it for 2013

www.fitocracy.com
Join the TL group!

congrats Osmoses!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 14 2012 22:29 GMT
#7454
The most important thing I learned: Consistency is EVERYTHING.


Yep. Almost more important than what your workout routine is most of the time.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
December 15 2012 00:09 GMT
#7455
yup, its practically frightening :p

CONGRATS Osmoses!!
heal ur fucking arm bro
also doesnt ur willy stick out in those trousers? i cant wear them out of the house
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 02:03:05
December 15 2012 01:24 GMT
#7456
Yesterday was my last exam, which means 1 thing:



Summer break is 3 month +-1 week, which means I've got a shitload of free time. I'm planing on becoming the best version of myself, which is basically a shitload of gym, poker and going out.

Goals include getting insanely ripped, and then fucking strong. I'm also adding tons of overhead work, as benching ruins my shoulder.

Starting monday, I'm gonna squat 3 times a week, and do a pull variation every other day+pull ups. Press variation every day (OHP, Klokov Press, Push Press, Jerks from rack).
I'm also doing fasted walks and arm work on mornings.

Trained light today, I'm subbing my class team on a 7 a side rugby tournament tomorrow so wanted fresh legs. Hopefully I won't die of a heart attack.
BoxingKangaroo
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Japan955 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-15 02:00:39
December 15 2012 02:00 GMT
#7457
Awesome graphs guys! Nice progress, a little jelly here.
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
December 15 2012 11:53 GMT
#7458
On December 15 2012 09:09 FFGenerations wrote:
yup, its practically frightening :p

CONGRATS Osmoses!!
heal ur fucking arm bro
also doesnt ur willy stick out in those trousers? i cant wear them out of the house

Totally does, but it's just so comfortable to lift in them oO
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 15 2012 15:13 GMT
#7459
Graduating right now. Bored as fuck
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
December 15 2012 16:30 GMT
#7460
^Lift something.

Congrats
Prev 1 371 372 373 374 375 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 11m
INu's Battles
15h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.