• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7909 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 375

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 373 374 375 376 377 379 Next
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
December 20 2012 06:05 GMT
#7481
FML. Woke up from one of those sudden calf muscle spasms and I need to go train in an hour or so.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 20 2012 07:00 GMT
#7482
On December 20 2012 12:58 decafchicken wrote:
here's my pr total from this week:
+ Show Spoiler +


I like how you go shirtless for the lift that requires skin contact with the barbell and then beast through it. Should've left it off decaf, probably would've made that last lift =3
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
Mementoss
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada2595 Posts
December 20 2012 13:22 GMT
#7483
Went to gym last no, no barbells, are you fucking kidding me.

Apparently 1 broke so they're refilling the rest concrete.

Imagine a barbell breaking under a heavy squat 0-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu96xMwFVXw
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 20 2012 16:05 GMT
#7484
On December 20 2012 16:00 MeShiet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 20 2012 12:58 decafchicken wrote:
here's my pr total from this week:
+ Show Spoiler +
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpWObt5w-A


I like how you go shirtless for the lift that requires skin contact with the barbell and then beast through it. Should've left it off decaf, probably would've made that last lift =3


haha it was actually slipping off my shirt cause it was so sweaty around 140 so i took it off and chalked up my shoulders/collarbone to give it some more friction. put it back on because i thought i was done after 155 but i was like fuck it i'll try 160 (tried it twice actually, other attempt was a little better but i got nailed at the sticking point)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 20 2012 17:29 GMT
#7485
Brutal strength

Those misses and your jerk recovery are the ugliest thing I've seen :p
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 20 2012 18:51 GMT
#7486
Ohhh gotcha, I don't think I've ever had to deal with slippery shirt during training yet, maybe it has something to do with how adjusted to cold weather we are up here so the gym is never actually too hot regardless of season, and those sticking points are terrible, it's how I fail 90% of my cleans T_T
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 20 2012 21:43 GMT
#7487
haha yeah for some reason jerk recovery is the weakest part of my CJ T_T. i hate being so lanky
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
December 21 2012 14:35 GMT
#7488
On January 01 2012 22:12 Malinor wrote:
Malinor
Age: 28 || Height: 5'11" or 181cm || Weight: 292lb/132,5kg
Starting Date: 01/01/2012 || Goal Date: 23/12/2012

Weight goals -- 231lb/105kg

Training goals --
Squat: 210kg
Deadlift: 250kg
Bench Press: 140kg
Overhead Press: 95kg
Power Clean: 110kg
10 Chin-ups (BW); 15 Dips (BW)

Nutrition goals -- 200g protein/day
Misc/stress goals -- Find a better paying job. Move back to NRW. Find an awesome gym there.


Kind of a close one, but I got a call today and it is like 98% sure. I might maybe have to do a 2nd interview in january, but they did not sound as if anything could go wrong now. That is gonna pay so much more than my current job (unsurprising, since my job right now pays way to little), and also sounds quite interesting. There is quite some travelling involved though, so my training next year will get more tricky.
If it wasn't for the other job two months ago where things hardly could go wrong anymore but eventually did, I would be ecstatic right now. But if it actually is gonna work out, than this is without a doubt the best year of my life
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 21 2012 15:50 GMT
#7489
That's exciting! I hope it works out. You can always fall back on your bodyweight exercises for training
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-21 23:50:47
December 21 2012 23:50 GMT
#7490
Only 10 more days for me to hit bump my CJ from 156 to 165 and snatch to 138 to 140 to meet my goals! i'd like 10 more kg on my fs and 5 on my bs but i'm not worried about it. Didn't realize i've added at least 20kg to both this year till now.


goals:
Snatch = 126kg/140kg
Clean and Jerk = 146kg/165kg
Back Squat (high bar ATG) = 183kg/210kg
Front Squat = 155kg/185kg
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
December 22 2012 00:20 GMT
#7491
Have not posted in here for forever, been ridiculously busy. Since my last post I have...

Completed a tough mudder.
Got a part time job delivering.
Pledged at a fraternity (I think I get initiated first week of next semester)
Got social chair for my pledge class and rocked that shit.
Got accepted into a Greek leadership program.
For my fraternity, there is a leadership school that is a cruise that goes to the Bahamas. May be doing that in August.
Completed a full cycle of madcow and am halfway through another cycle.
Began training an additional two days a week, just miscellaneous stuff to get in the gym, just for fun.
Had a shitty diet, but bulking has been coming along nicely. Just got back up to 250 x 3 squats today. Too easy.
Completed a semester with a 3.12 (Damn applied calc II, got a C). Now down to a 3.503 GPA :\
Went to a ballet play for the first time.
Became a sushi fanatic.
Got a girlfriend.

And the funnest part of all. Me and the lady were messing around last night. We haven't had sex, so you can use your imagination, but I was able to go at her for five rounds without tiring. I credit that all to being a part of this bad ass community haha. TLHF FO LIFEEEE.

Did we ever get those t-shirts?
Victory Loves Preparation
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 20:24:04
December 22 2012 20:22 GMT
#7492
On December 23 2012 04:59 Daigomi wrote:
Had my last serious weightlifting session for the year yesterday. Thought I would post an update of my progress over my first full year here:

Squat
11 Dec 2011: 90kg 3x5
12 Dec 2012: 147.5kg 3x5 + Show Spoiler +

19 Dec 2012: 170kg 1RM (Failed 180kg) + Show Spoiler +


Deadlift
11 Dec 2011: 120kg 1x5
14 Dec 2012: 175kg 1x5 + Show Spoiler +

21 Dec 2012: 200kg 1RM (Failled 210kg) + Show Spoiler +


Bench Press
16 Dec 2011: 65kg 3x5
12 Dec 2012: 90kg 3x5 + Show Spoiler +

21 Dec 2012: 105kg 1RM (Failed 110kg) + Show Spoiler +


Overhead Press
11 Dec 2011: 45kg 3x5
14 Dec 2012: 60kg 3x5
19 Dec 2012: 75kg 1RM + Show Spoiler +


Chin-up
9 Dec 2011: 0kg 6-4-3
12 Dec 2012: 17.5kg 3x5 + Show Spoiler +

19 Dec 2012: 32.5kg 1RM + Show Spoiler +


Pull-up
11 Dec 2011: 0kg 3-3-2
16 Dec 2012: 17.5kg 3x5
21 Dec 2012: 0kg 1x15 (cheated a bit)

Anyway, I'm very happy with my progress. Happy with the way my body's changed as well. Really fun being strong for the first time in my life!

Cross post from the progress thread since I'm super happy. TLHF got me going to the gym for the first time in my life in October 2011. 14 months later and I'm one of the stronger guys in the gym! TL has always been filled with experts, and TLHF is no different
Moderator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 22 2012 21:25 GMT
#7493
Awesome progress, you've come a long way! Time to start oly lifting now
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
December 22 2012 21:53 GMT
#7494
On December 23 2012 06:25 decafchicken wrote:
Awesome progress, you've come a long way! Time to start oly lifting now

Haha, I feel my technique is bad enough with the basic movements :p I'll probably change from pure powerlifting to different things once I hit a 200kg (2.5x BW) squat and 240kg (3x BW) deadlift. For now, I'm just happy to continue making progress.
Moderator
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-22 23:37:47
December 22 2012 23:37 GMT
#7495
Oh man I'm so hungover That's what happens when you never drink and are lightweight haha.

Looks like everyone is beasting out. I've been trying to beast out on some rock climbing and I've got most of my muscle mass back too. Maybe I should get a back photo for the pics thread.

And happy holidays everyone!
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
December 22 2012 23:46 GMT
#7496
On December 23 2012 08:37 eshlow wrote:
Oh man I'm so hungover That's what happens when you never drink and are lightweight haha.

Looks like everyone is beasting out. I've been trying to beast out on some rock climbing and I've got most of my muscle mass back too. Maybe I should get a back photo for the pics thread.

And happy holidays everyone!


Climbing awesome. I miss the mountains. I still need to find a way to get muscle mass to stick. Hell, I lost 4 pounds just by missing 2 weeks of exercise while I was taking some vile antibiotics for an abscess.
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 23 2012 01:46 GMT
#7497
eshlow! it feels like it's been forever since I've seen you post in here. Have yourself a happy holiday too =D
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-23 02:24:26
December 23 2012 02:24 GMT
#7498
Look what I am buying LOL


[image loading]
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 23 2012 02:32 GMT
#7499
who from this thread is going to be in NY next week? I'll be there frmo the 25th to the 1st (afternoon) so, anyone being there, hit me and let me know!

Cheers
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 23 2012 02:35 GMT
#7500
im there on the 28th!
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 373 374 375 376 377 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 193
ProTech157
JuggernautJason62
CosmosSc2 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 748
White-Ra 166
Dewaltoss 98
Hyuk 87
firebathero 74
Trap 50
Sacsri 26
Bale 18
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
qojqva1404
Counter-Strike
fl0m1563
Fnx 797
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King102
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3525
Khaldor1133
crisheroes1072
Liquid`Hasu543
Other Games
summit1g5498
FrodaN1760
XBOCT269
ArmadaUGS175
C9.Mang0156
QueenE75
shahzam1
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV216
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream71
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH357
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie903
• Shiphtur315
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 22m
Online Event
15h 22m
FEL
20h 22m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 22m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 22m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.