• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8993 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 374

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 372 373 374 375 376 379 Next
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 15 2012 17:00 GMT
#7461
On December 16 2012 00:13 decafchicken wrote:
Graduating right now. Bored as fuck

Haha congrats!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
December 15 2012 21:27 GMT
#7462
Talked to a 50 year old dude today. He said 'he lifts weights a bit'. I asked for his squat and deadlift. He said he lifts just to keep knee and back pains away.... squats like 165kg. 'But I never go to max'. He weighed like 75kg.

I was awed.
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
December 16 2012 12:58 GMT
#7463
Have you actually seen his squat though? Often times people's idea of what a squat is is not quite what you or I would consider a valid one.
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
December 16 2012 13:38 GMT
#7464
he said he barely hits the rules, as in thighs parallel with the floor. Still, he has been lifting for like 20 years. His son is my friend, and at least he is physically quite talented, so it's easy for me to imagine him to be too.
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
December 17 2012 05:24 GMT
#7465
Starting to get calluses, feeling more legit now :3
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
December 17 2012 09:02 GMT
#7466
On December 17 2012 14:24 hazelynut wrote:
Starting to get calluses, feeling more legit now :3


That's my girl.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 17 2012 10:19 GMT
#7467
On December 17 2012 18:02 Malinor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 14:24 hazelynut wrote:
Starting to get calluses, feeling more legit now :3


That's my girl.

It's important that you get a girl asap, as deadlifting makes fapping way less good.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
December 17 2012 23:09 GMT
#7468
Does anybody plan on doing any Mud/Obstacle runs for 2013? Things like Warrior Dash, Savage Race, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder?
www.regimentrunning.com
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 18 2012 00:11 GMT
#7469
On December 18 2012 08:09 Cecil wrote:
Does anybody plan on doing any Mud/Obstacle runs for 2013? Things like Warrior Dash, Savage Race, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder?


I keep making new plans to start running, and they keep getting burried under everything else that I find myself doing.

I really should just sign up for one of them so that I have a deadline and I HAVE to commit.
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
December 18 2012 02:24 GMT
#7470
That's the biggest step. Where do you live? I could find the best one for you probably.

These events laugh at people with just show muscle. I'd highly recommend crossfit or P90X to train for these types of events that hit the half marathon mark. It took me 2 years to get to that level.
www.regimentrunning.com
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 04:36:59
December 18 2012 04:33 GMT
#7471
On December 18 2012 08:09 Cecil wrote:
Does anybody plan on doing any Mud/Obstacle runs for 2013? Things like Warrior Dash, Savage Race, Spartan Race and Tough Mudder?

I'll be at the Tough Mudder in Vegas. The last one I ran was amazing.

Edit: went into the event with very little endurance training. I used a method called "Don't be a bitch" to get through. In hindsight this was a bad method. I've already started endurance training for this next one
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-18 06:46:34
December 18 2012 06:42 GMT
#7472
Definitely thought I hit edit, not quote...
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
December 18 2012 06:43 GMT
#7473
On December 18 2012 11:24 Cecil wrote:
That's the biggest step. Where do you live? I could find the best one for you probably.

These events laugh at people with just show muscle. I'd highly recommend crossfit or P90X to train for these types of events that hit the half marathon mark. It took me 2 years to get to that level.

TM Melbourne in a month. I'm kind of a curl bro. so fucked.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 18 2012 06:45 GMT
#7474
On December 18 2012 11:24 Cecil wrote:
That's the biggest step. Where do you live? I could find the best one for you probably.

These events laugh at people with just show muscle. I'd highly recommend crossfit or P90X to train for these types of events that hit the half marathon mark. It took me 2 years to get to that level.


Beginning in March (when I hopefully hit 100kg bodyweight) I'm going to be using crossfit football programing (www.crossfitfootball.com) which is a lot of strength exercises, heavier-than-normal-crossfit timed exercises and sprinting. I'll probably do additional rowing or low intensity running. When summer hits I'll hopefully be doing a lot more swimming. I wouldn;t call it a "good" plan but It's one of the better balances for me (between rugby, strength training, and running) - can't train for everything.

I live and go to school in Syracuse New Yorkl. I'll be graduating and moving back home this May, which means the closest events are going to be Syracuse, Albany, Montreal and Ottowa based.

I ran in highschool, so I know I can provide the right mindset and a lot of enthusiasm for running, I just have to actually get myself started. When I was in my best shape I used to pace around 6:10-6:20 miles for a 10k. I was over 60 pounds lighter than I am now at the time, and it'll be more like 90 pounds if I hit my weight gaining goals for the upcoming months.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
December 18 2012 13:33 GMT
#7475
I've been seriously considering doing another TM but I haven't convinced my wife to come It's tempting to do it again and try to go faster or double like you did Cecil... I was feeling really good at mile 11-12 at my first one which was kinda surprising. I probably started running decent distances only two months in advance. You really do get a base after years of XC that comes back quickly

I am signed up for Warrior Dash in June in OH but I'm doing it with my mom and mother-in-law XD I'm hoping it's hilarious!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 19 2012 01:00 GMT
#7476
On December 17 2012 19:19 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 18:02 Malinor wrote:
On December 17 2012 14:24 hazelynut wrote:
Starting to get calluses, feeling more legit now :3


That's my girl.

It's important that you get a girl asap, as deadlifting makes fapping way less good.


I disagree. I need the additional grip.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
MeShiet
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada290 Posts
December 19 2012 01:25 GMT
#7477
On December 19 2012 10:00 sJarl wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 17 2012 19:19 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On December 17 2012 18:02 Malinor wrote:
On December 17 2012 14:24 hazelynut wrote:
Starting to get calluses, feeling more legit now :3


That's my girl.

It's important that you get a girl asap, as deadlifting makes fapping way less good.


I disagree. I need the additional grip.

Throw on some Fat Gripz for good measure.
If you die this way, you won't live to tell anyone how you died
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
December 19 2012 06:58 GMT
#7478
Laughed myself to tears at this reddit post, worth a read:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/1539p4/guys_today_i_fucked_up_and_almost_became_a_eunich/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 20 2012 03:58 GMT
#7479
here's my pr total from this week:
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 20 2012 04:53 GMT
#7480
On December 20 2012 12:58 decafchicken wrote:
here's my pr total from this week:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpWObt5w-A


Damn that's a big split.

Nice lifting.
Prev 1 372 373 374 375 376 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 11m
INu's Battles
15h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.