• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7699 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 377

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 375 376 377 378 379 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 26 2012 22:06 GMT
#7521
I haven't drinked in a couple of days. This vacation with winter weather sucks. Viva la hotness and my country appreaciation of beer.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-27 03:48:02
December 27 2012 01:45 GMT
#7522
Spartan Ultrabeast training begins today.


Started it off with dips, box jumps (32 inch), leg lunges w/100lbs extra, and 30 burpees incorporated into a 7 mile run. Anybody else in here big into the obstacle runs? I know this thread is primarily about lifting.

EDIT: Here are the stats for the training today:
https://www.polarpersonaltrainer.com/shared/exercise.ftl?shareTag=e5ecca059ef0bac86387c99f57ca9602

Best part? My calories burnt = 1337. You can't duplicate that if you tried.
www.regimentrunning.com
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 27 2012 05:13 GMT
#7523
Pretty sure the extent of my cardio is 100m sprint or a squat triple rofl. I might get into one if i ever actually get in good shape for rugby but thats about it. Pretty sure theres a few people here that do tough mudders and the like though.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-27 05:31:27
December 27 2012 05:24 GMT
#7524
It's been a good year for me, training-wise. Midway through the year I was at around 92kg (height of 5 11) before I began seriously training for my first half marathon. I completed that successfully at the end of October, before getting into cricket season. My current weight is around 85kg and I am considerably leaner. My sister, who last saw me in May, commented that I had lost a lot of weight, was leaner and looked a lot better, when we met up for Christmas. That was good to hear!

Training is currently cricket 1xweek and cricket training 1xweek. I swim 1xweek and run 5km or do sprints+bw training 1xweek. I'll be making these two separate days in 2013, and make the 5km run into a 10km run. After cricket season is over, it will be time to get back into Judo (I quit after a major knee injury incurred during randori in late 2010), and begin training for another half marathon. I'll be looking to get down to about 82kg but still maintain my bw exercises (like push-ups, chin-ups and dips) and my swimming as I have never had a "distance runner's body" and, with due respect, don't want one, either.

Happy training all!
KT best KT ~ 2014
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 27 2012 05:55 GMT
#7525
On December 27 2012 07:06 funkie wrote:
I haven't drinked in a couple of days. This vacation with winter weather sucks. Viva la hotness and my country appreaciation of beer.


lmao "winter weather" - it's in the 40's in new york city right now.

It's ~10 up here. Without wind chill. It's not supposed to start snowing for a few hours, but we're supposed to get over a foot before noon on Friday.

Got $200 in grocery store giftcards for christmas. Totally serious, and I was super excited about them too. Going to be nice to be able to feed myself when I get back to school. Also hopefully picking up another part time job, so I'll be able to continue to feed myself for the rest of the semester =x/
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 27 2012 06:45 GMT
#7526
looks like only 2-3 training sessions before the end of the year. 140 snatch/160 clean and jerk by then? yeaaaaah buddy
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 28 2012 04:01 GMT
#7527
this is seriously the first time I've ever been into this heavy weather.

It's insane for me and my dad, it sucks to be "used" to a 32ºC weather haha..
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
December 28 2012 04:48 GMT
#7528
Got a couple beautiful chicks numbers at the Thunder game tonight. Drinks on Saturday :D
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 28 2012 14:50 GMT
#7529
I don't think I could pick a girl up at a pistons game. Mainly because nobody goes to them (tickets behind the bench are like 12$ rofl)
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
December 28 2012 17:34 GMT
#7530
Well Christmas screwed up my workouts a bit, I'll have to wait till Monday to get it back on track.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone here tried online dating? Every time I meet a girl at a bar/club I end up boning them and don't want to see them again. I have a policy to try and do stuff at least once, and I'm pretty pleasantly surprised at the quality of the women on it. It's kind of like internet shopping for women.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 28 2012 17:43 GMT
#7531
Kennigit says its great for banging chicks lol
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
December 28 2012 17:58 GMT
#7532
I'd try it, I just can't be assed to actively chase. If I run into a girl in real life and she's hot and/or interesting I might make an effort, but to actually search? To browse? To engage in honest to God dating?

That's gay.
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 28 2012 17:58 GMT
#7533
It is really really off-topic, but in short: It's great for whatever you want it to be. You will meet the exact same girls online that you would meet in real life. How you approach and what you do about it is entirely up to you.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
December 28 2012 18:14 GMT
#7534
In the Army I met quite a few... entertaining... chicks that way. It was like going to clubs, without all the music I couldn't stand, and let me save my weekends for sex and bars I actually liked with the chicks I actually saw more than once.

That said, wrap your shit. Just to get us back on health somewhat, if not fitness.
sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
December 28 2012 19:03 GMT
#7535
Personally I would stay the hell away from internet dating. It's tough to meet women but I think the best way is just being involved in an activity that women are also involved in and make some female friends -> meet their friends and find a babe OR just ask any babes there out. Boom
Pulimuli
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Sweden2766 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-28 19:12:26
December 28 2012 19:12 GMT
#7536
was thinking of going for a run today since it has been months... woke up and its -32C° so... skipping that shit lmao

lifting some weights instead inside my waaaarm apartment
Kennigit *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada19447 Posts
December 29 2012 03:30 GMT
#7537
On December 29 2012 02:34 Deadeight wrote:
Well Christmas screwed up my workouts a bit, I'll have to wait till Monday to get it back on track.

On a completely unrelated note, has anyone here tried online dating? Every time I meet a girl at a bar/club I end up boning them and don't want to see them again. I have a policy to try and do stuff at least once, and I'm pretty pleasantly surprised at the quality of the women on it. It's kind of like internet shopping for women.

If you want to be good at online dating, it has to be a lyfestyle. Just "trying it" wont work, unless you are particularly jacked and tanned. The overall attractiveness of girl is lower than just going to bar, but the the ones i'd actually keep around is higher.
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
December 29 2012 15:56 GMT
#7538
Here is the training that our cadre went through to prepare for all the mud runs this year. It was a 14 mile 7 hour swim/obstacle run event with 15% bodyweight in bricks and sand in each person's backpack.

www.regimentrunning.com
lyAsakura
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States1414 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 02:43:32
December 30 2012 02:41 GMT
#7539
Good way to end year.
PR'd snatch for the first time in like half a year, lol. And it's only 80. Sadface but I'm happy with it.
Also did 128 FS and 155 DL. I'm still weak like a twig but it's getting better.

Didn't hit any of my goals in the power lifts that I put out in the beginning of the year but I haven't been focusing on them at all so cool
WeMade FOX would be a deadly SC2 team.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 05:51:46
December 30 2012 05:48 GMT
#7540
you can dl more than me lyasakura :D


Im about 2 weeks through my 5x5 squats. Today I squatted 136/5x5 and my 5rm is 140kg. Two more weeks and Ill update to see what happens.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Prev 1 375 376 377 378 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 229
ProTech164
BRAT_OK 55
JuggernautJason28
MindelVK 21
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22991
Shuttle 685
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 146
Dewaltoss 103
firebathero 73
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 24
Rock 17
[ Show more ]
Bale 17
Shine 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9761
qojqva1507
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 811
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2113
Khaldor1361
crisheroes1215
Liquid`Hasu468
Other Games
summit1g3642
FrodaN1517
Beastyqt571
Mlord329
XBOCT291
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 75
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie879
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 10m
Online Event
16h 10m
FEL
21h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.