• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:51
CEST 20:51
KST 03:51
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7699 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 378

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 376 377 378 379 Next
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
December 30 2012 10:46 GMT
#7541
5x5 every day sounds so brutal.

Have you been gaining weight or dropping?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-30 17:18:09
December 30 2012 17:17 GMT
#7542
I gained weight before starting 5x5. Im pretty stable at 69-70kg right now. Actually I feel pretty good on 5x5, no soreness and I feel fresh every day.


...and I just realized i didnt post in the weightlifting thread..
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
December 30 2012 18:11 GMT
#7543
How do you program your weights DimSum? Do you just find your daily 5x5RM or are you trying to increase weights in some consistent pattern?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 30 2012 19:59 GMT
#7544
Fucking crazy. I take it you're not lifting at 62 anymore?
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 30 2012 22:06 GMT
#7545
yeah im trying to gain weight to be 69kg. i started at 110kg which is a little under 70% i think and progressed slowly by adding 2 or 3kg per day. i left one day for fsq. There were 2 days where i did not make 5x5 but i added more sets to make up for it.

my progression
110
112
105fsq
115
117
120
122
125
127
110fsq
130
132
135
136
138

by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 30 2012 22:37 GMT
#7546
[image loading]

Dimsum by march
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
December 31 2012 04:33 GMT
#7547
Thank God I'm doing the same routine as Dim starting january.

Gogogo! we gonna storm the world with heavy squats! :D

And yes, it actually is better to max squat everyday, I felt so fresh everyday when I was doing Squat nemesis program. on days I'd lift 165kg, and on days I felt like total shit, bam! 170kg PR sup!.

CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 31 2012 18:21 GMT
#7548
Sup guys, havent posted in a long time.

Friday: Squat 172.5kgx1x12, OHP 72.5x1x9, 70x1x6
Night : Gott insanely drunk, and hook up with a girl (talk + kiss) I might see again given she is incredibly cute. Problem is I barely remember meeting her (rofl) or what I talked with her, so bunch of incoming awkward moments, and tbh my "game" is terrible but my drunk persona sometimes is incredibly charming.

Deadlift: 190kgx3x8, Pull Ups BWx8x3
My back is the strongest its ever been, can't wait to max again in 3-4 weeks for ego purposes :p.

Monday: Push Press 87.5kgx1x2 (PR), OHP 50kgx8x4, Pull ups super setted with curls

Fuck around day in the gym, dont wanna be tired at night.

Also wanted to share 2 blog entries I made at lp a while ago which I think u guys will enjoy:

http://www.liquidpoker.net/blog/viewblog.php?id=1064237
http://www.liquidpoker.net/blog/viewblog.php?id=1064243

2013 Goals:

Lift more
Eat more
Fuck more
Make more money

Happy new year everyone! :d



sc4k
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United Kingdom5454 Posts
December 31 2012 18:48 GMT
#7549
On December 31 2012 07:37 GoTuNk! wrote:
[image loading]

Dimsum by march


If he canes the steroids yeah.
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 31 2012 19:48 GMT
#7550
dont worry im gonna roid up
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
hazelynut
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States2197 Posts
December 31 2012 20:59 GMT
#7551
Squatting 90lbs now! Yaaay

And I can almost manipulate the bar enough to set it up for a deadlift, double yay
Zerg | life of lively to live to life of full life thx to shield battery | www.cstarleague.com <3
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 31 2012 21:06 GMT
#7552
On January 01 2013 04:48 AoN.DimSum wrote:
dont worry im gonna roid up

I would totally just stop competing for two years and roid the fuck up and train 18 times a week if I actually wanted to compete internationally
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
December 31 2012 23:47 GMT
#7553
nice job hazel, btw u still in princeton? i actually train with one of the strength coaches there




decaf that will be the dream lol.
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
January 01 2013 03:59 GMT
#7554
What a dream?

Gains hope to continue this upcoming year.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
January 01 2013 14:13 GMT
#7555
On January 01 2013 05:59 hazelynut wrote:
Squatting 90lbs now! Yaaay


sick, grats
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-01 15:54:08
January 01 2013 15:45 GMT
#7556
Hey I actually have a kind of random question for TL:

I'm 15 and have been doing some weight lifting (no barbell exercises, the closest thing to free weights I use are like 20 lb dumbbells), but I was wondering if there is any legitimate effect that barbell exercises can have on my growth? I'm not very big @5'7 140 lbs or ~63.5 kg with ~10% body fat, so I don't want to stunt my growth if there are any effects it might have on me. Thanks for any feedback/advice.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
January 01 2013 19:46 GMT
#7557
On January 02 2013 00:45 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Hey I actually have a kind of random question for TL:

I'm 15 and have been doing some weight lifting (no barbell exercises, the closest thing to free weights I use are like 20 lb dumbbells), but I was wondering if there is any legitimate effect that barbell exercises can have on my growth? I'm not very big @5'7 140 lbs or ~63.5 kg with ~10% body fat, so I don't want to stunt my growth if there are any effects it might have on me. Thanks for any feedback/advice.


The study that most people cite saying exercise will stunt your growth, even if they dont know where theyre actually getting this information from was condducted on malnourished children in a mining camp. More recent, scientifically valid research is either inconclusive or leads us to believe that the same hormone release that stimulatesmuscle growth is good for growth. As long as you eat, it should be all good.
MtlGuitarist97
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States1539 Posts
January 01 2013 19:55 GMT
#7558
On January 02 2013 04:46 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2013 00:45 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Hey I actually have a kind of random question for TL:

I'm 15 and have been doing some weight lifting (no barbell exercises, the closest thing to free weights I use are like 20 lb dumbbells), but I was wondering if there is any legitimate effect that barbell exercises can have on my growth? I'm not very big @5'7 140 lbs or ~63.5 kg with ~10% body fat, so I don't want to stunt my growth if there are any effects it might have on me. Thanks for any feedback/advice.


The study that most people cite saying exercise will stunt your growth, even if they dont know where theyre actually getting this information from was condducted on malnourished children in a mining camp. More recent, scientifically valid research is either inconclusive or leads us to believe that the same hormone release that stimulatesmuscle growth is good for growth. As long as you eat, it should be all good.


Ok thanks for the response. Are there any moves I should start with at first? I know squatting/deadlifting/benching are really popular with power lifters, but are there any moves that are just good to do and have a low chance of causing me to injure myself?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
January 01 2013 20:09 GMT
#7559
On January 02 2013 04:55 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2013 04:46 phyre112 wrote:
On January 02 2013 00:45 MtlGuitarist97 wrote:
Hey I actually have a kind of random question for TL:

I'm 15 and have been doing some weight lifting (no barbell exercises, the closest thing to free weights I use are like 20 lb dumbbells), but I was wondering if there is any legitimate effect that barbell exercises can have on my growth? I'm not very big @5'7 140 lbs or ~63.5 kg with ~10% body fat, so I don't want to stunt my growth if there are any effects it might have on me. Thanks for any feedback/advice.


The study that most people cite saying exercise will stunt your growth, even if they dont know where theyre actually getting this information from was condducted on malnourished children in a mining camp. More recent, scientifically valid research is either inconclusive or leads us to believe that the same hormone release that stimulatesmuscle growth is good for growth. As long as you eat, it should be all good.


Ok thanks for the response. Are there any moves I should start with at first? I know squatting/deadlifting/benching are really popular with power lifters, but are there any moves that are just good to do and have a low chance of causing me to injure myself?

Yes, squats deadlifts and bench
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
January 01 2013 20:21 GMT
#7560
Found this on Reddit, omg new years resolutions
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Happy new year guys! Is there going to be a new thread?
Prev 1 376 377 378 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 229
ProTech164
BRAT_OK 55
JuggernautJason28
MindelVK 21
CosmosSc2 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22991
Shuttle 685
Hyuk 168
White-Ra 146
Dewaltoss 103
firebathero 73
Trap 49
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 24
Rock 17
[ Show more ]
Bale 17
Shine 17
Dota 2
Gorgc9761
qojqva1507
Counter-Strike
fl0m1560
Fnx 811
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2113
Khaldor1361
crisheroes1215
Liquid`Hasu468
Other Games
summit1g3642
FrodaN1517
Beastyqt571
Mlord329
XBOCT291
ArmadaUGS183
C9.Mang0179
QueenE83
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV255
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream57
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 75
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 17
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie879
• Shiphtur329
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 10m
CranKy Ducklings
15h 10m
Online Event
16h 10m
FEL
21h 10m
AI Arena Tournament
22h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 15h
INu's Battles
1d 17h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.