• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 351

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 349 350 351 352 353 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 23 2012 16:43 GMT
#7001
On October 24 2012 00:18 Luxae wrote:
Hearing about people who had a child in their early twenties is a serious mindfuck for me now. I'm a couple of months from being 22 and I'm still probably as mature as a 6 year old.

Haha same here!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 23 2012 19:51 GMT
#7002
On October 24 2012 01:43 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 00:18 Luxae wrote:
Hearing about people who had a child in their early twenties is a serious mindfuck for me now. I'm a couple of months from being 22 and I'm still probably as mature as a 6 year old.

Haha same here!


me too. 23 here.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 23 2012 19:53 GMT
#7003
On October 22 2012 18:43 Necosarius wrote:
I present to you: How to pick up women at the gym.

Good thing some of us have been practicing this a lot.


lol the moment he jerks and he dumps her was incredibly fucking funny.

hahaha
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 23 2012 19:54 GMT
#7004
Dang I turn 25 today, now I feel even older!
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 20:12:31
October 23 2012 20:12 GMT
#7005
On October 24 2012 04:51 funkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 24 2012 01:43 decafchicken wrote:
On October 24 2012 00:18 Luxae wrote:
Hearing about people who had a child in their early twenties is a serious mindfuck for me now. I'm a couple of months from being 22 and I'm still probably as mature as a 6 year old.

Haha same here!


me too. 23 here.


Meh, if you think having a child automatically makes you fit some bizarre definition of "mature", you're crazy. Hell, to me, "mature" is like "normal" in our society.

Sure, there's perfectly valid concepts of maturity. But they have nothing to do with what people call mature. I'm "mature", but I act "immature" all the time. I couldn't give a shit less. As long as you're able to provide for your kid, and have enough common sense to avoid abuse by negligence, what's a little societal norm?

I maintain that nobody is ever ready for kids, least of all people who think they are. Thinking you're not, in fact, is probably a good thing, because it means you're worried about doing the right thing.

I digress. How is it that I'm actually in the older chunk of us? I knew my body liked to act old, but I'm really kinda young. 26 next month.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 23 2012 20:17 GMT
#7006
29 and not a bit more mature than you young guys I am afraid
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
ShadowDrgn
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States2497 Posts
October 23 2012 21:07 GMT
#7007
On October 24 2012 05:17 zatic wrote:
29 and not a bit more mature than you young guys I am afraid


Same here, and I'm ok with that.
Of course, you only live one life, and you make all your mistakes, and learn what not to do, and that’s the end of you.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 23 2012 21:24 GMT
#7008
The good part is you get way better at immaturity the older you get.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 23 2012 21:28 GMT
#7009
;D
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 23 2012 22:04 GMT
#7010
On October 24 2012 06:24 zatic wrote:
The good part is you get way better at immaturity the older you get.


True story. My dad just dropped a few thousand on a custom revolving bookcase to make one of the rooms in his house a secret room. He's reasonably well off, but not stupidly rich.

When getting a secret room seems like the thing to do at the time... you're doing something right.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
October 24 2012 01:34 GMT
#7011
On October 24 2012 05:17 zatic wrote:
29 and not a bit more mature than you young guys I am afraid


lol, I'm getting there too and def still not mature haha
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
October 24 2012 13:20 GMT
#7012
I think I'm gonna start thinking about getting my shoulder fixed with surgery. Just doesn't seem possible to follow a program however shoulder friendly without getting nagging pain eventually, during or after the workout.

Post-surgery rehab is going to suck but it's probably better to get this shit over with at this age.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
October 24 2012 18:05 GMT
#7013
Finished Savage Race over the weekend. 10k mud/obstacle course which is excellent training for the Tough Mudder in December. Speaking of which, is anybody going to the Sarasota TM on December 1st? Let me know!

[image loading]
Carrying our team's flag through the entire event.

[image loading]
About to faceplant at the end of the slide

[image loading]
Wait for it....

[image loading]
Landed so hard it knocked us retarded!

[image loading]
Still got the flag..

[image loading]
Dude, the flag.

[image loading]
Jumping to the finish line
www.regimentrunning.com
Risen
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States7927 Posts
October 24 2012 18:34 GMT
#7014
Haha awesome dude. I hope you don't plan on carrying the flag the whole Tough Mudder or you're in for a bad time lol. I can't imagine carrying it over some of the obstacles I went through unless you can strap it on.
Pufftrees Everyday>its like a rifter that just used X-Factor/Liquid'Nony: I hope no one lip read XD/Holyflare>it's like policy lynching but better/Resident Los Angeles bachelor
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
October 24 2012 18:36 GMT
#7015
Oh, I'll be carrying it

Savage and Mudder have similar obstacles. The hard obstacles I encountered while carrying the flag were the monkey bars and the swims. For these cases I'd just drape the flag over my head or hold it between my legs.
www.regimentrunning.com
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
October 24 2012 19:08 GMT
#7016
On October 12 2012 03:36 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm sorry, I just can't see how shruggin the shoulders can be good for benching. I'm sure in every powerlifting book and every lifter I've ever heard, its always BACK and DOWN (I agree u can do BACK and UP, but no way that is more stable than down). I do have terrible posture, and I know my shoulders would fuck up if it wasn't by holding it down.

Just wanted to thank you for the bolded advice. I've always pulled my traps together but I never pulled my shoulders down. I've been doing it for the last few sessions and it takes a ton of strain out of my shoulders. I'm not sure if it's related, but my bench has also improved quite nicely recently. All in all, it just feels a lot better
Moderator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 24 2012 23:50 GMT
#7017
Went in for the third day in a row (plus rugby) and hit a PR 112kg power Snatch Lols. Getting hype for my last college rugby game this weekend against our rivals.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GuiltyJerk
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States584 Posts
October 25 2012 00:10 GMT
#7018
On October 25 2012 04:08 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 12 2012 03:36 GoTuNk! wrote:
I'm sorry, I just can't see how shruggin the shoulders can be good for benching. I'm sure in every powerlifting book and every lifter I've ever heard, its always BACK and DOWN (I agree u can do BACK and UP, but no way that is more stable than down). I do have terrible posture, and I know my shoulders would fuck up if it wasn't by holding it down.

Just wanted to thank you for the bolded advice. I've always pulled my traps together but I never pulled my shoulders down. I've been doing it for the last few sessions and it takes a ton of strain out of my shoulders. I'm not sure if it's related, but my bench has also improved quite nicely recently. All in all, it just feels a lot better



Yeah I found that engaging my lats in bench press makes it feel both a lot better and a lot more stable, if I let my lats get loose I have a hard time keeping the bar on a path perpendicular to the ground and I have a lot of instability
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
October 25 2012 00:15 GMT
#7019
Hello people!
I just want your opinion of my V shape of my back. I know im fat but that's ok! :D

[image loading]

Pretty sure some of you have already seen it, if I have posted in here. Bad memories here dayum.
This pic was taken for about 3-5 months ago atleast btw.
Stay strong, forever strong!
ieatkids5
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
United States4628 Posts
October 25 2012 01:32 GMT
#7020
dude youre huge
Prev 1 349 350 351 352 353 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.