• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8974 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 352

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 350 351 352 353 354 379 Next
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 25 2012 02:24 GMT
#7021
Lols my body fat is like 10% lower than you and I don't have that much V
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
October 25 2012 02:25 GMT
#7022
Damn extr3me! I was coming here to post a pic of my back and you beat me to it lol!

So I was going through my picture file and came across this random shot of me walking randomly, not flexing, muscles at rest. I was shocked to see my back. I swear I weighed 178lbs on my 540lbs deadlift but by looking at my back from this picture, you would think I weigh 220lbs! Then again, it might be the small arms and calves ahahah. But I thought it was funny enough to share :p

I'm building another pair of glutes at the button of my lats where the thoracic extensors inserts lol.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
extr3me
Profile Joined November 2010
Norway145 Posts
October 25 2012 10:48 GMT
#7023
Nice pic BlondeOnBlonde :D good back.

Post a pic of urs too decaf, want to se yours too :D
Stay strong, forever strong!
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
October 25 2012 13:52 GMT
#7024
Rofl, as I was squatting today, on my second set, my pants ripped. LOL. The people next to me were all worried 'Damn, I thought it was your knee!'. Still, I continued and did my third set as well, during which my pants ripped even more. I still completed the set lol. Some other dude was laughing near me, and said 'I guess there must have been some growth'.

On another note: Workouts have been getting harder. As in: I still complete my squats and deadlifts as I should, but since hitting around 90kg mark on squats (I did 95kg sets today) and 125kg deadlifts, they have been increasingly straining. Not really a problem as long as I complete them I guess, but I guess I'll have to focus on eating more, and getting enough protein. I'm at 80kg bodyweight or so, 187cm tall. I also finished 57.5kg bench quite easily, and got to that point easily, but 60kg bench has failed already twice now. Meh. Though I've been able to do more reps, so I have gotten stronger though.
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
October 25 2012 19:43 GMT
#7025
On October 25 2012 22:52 Ahzz wrote:
Rofl, as I was squatting today, on my second set, my pants ripped. LOL. The people next to me were all worried 'Damn, I thought it was your knee!'. Still, I continued and did my third set as well, during which my pants ripped even more. I still completed the set lol. Some other dude was laughing near me, and said 'I guess there must have been some growth'.

On another note: Workouts have been getting harder. As in: I still complete my squats and deadlifts as I should, but since hitting around 90kg mark on squats (I did 95kg sets today) and 125kg deadlifts, they have been increasingly straining. Not really a problem as long as I complete them I guess, but I guess I'll have to focus on eating more, and getting enough protein. I'm at 80kg bodyweight or so, 187cm tall. I also finished 57.5kg bench quite easily, and got to that point easily, but 60kg bench has failed already twice now. Meh. Though I've been able to do more reps, so I have gotten stronger though.


We're around the same size, and i found that squats slowed down around there too. they don't get easier by repeating the weight though, they get easier by moving up - you can do 90kg for three weeks and still feel like 95 is impossible, or you can keep moving up, and be doing 110 - and only then is 90 going to feel easy.
Ahzz
Profile Joined May 2007
Finland780 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-25 20:08:48
October 25 2012 20:07 GMT
#7026
Sounds good enough. For squats, I don't worry as much because it only feels heavy. I don't really have pains anymore, except some ache on my groin area, but it seems to be getting better overtime, and doesn't bother me afterwards. probably because I fixed form without deloading much, when I got my groins involved as well by not caving in my knees. At least I think that's it, but it's been feeling better so I don't worry as much. Also, another person doing a similar program to mine said that it happens when you squat a lot, and just streching is all you can do pretty much.

My bigger concern is deadlift though, where I feel that I can really screw stuff up if I keep trying to pull bigger and bigger. Sure enough, I make progress each time, and each time I finish I could possibly pull off a sixth rep if I really strained myself, at least so far, but are there specific things I should really be careful off? Or should I just try to get a video uploaded if I can to see if I'm on the right track? (Though I don't have a camera now). However, I don't have any pains now, during the workout, or after the workout. Only strained muscles, but recovery has been good enough so far.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
October 25 2012 20:35 GMT
#7027
On October 26 2012 05:07 Ahzz wrote:
Sounds good enough. For squats, I don't worry as much because it only feels heavy. I don't really have pains anymore, except some ache on my groin area, but it seems to be getting better overtime, and doesn't bother me afterwards. probably because I fixed form without deloading much, when I got my groins involved as well by not caving in my knees. At least I think that's it, but it's been feeling better so I don't worry as much. Also, another person doing a similar program to mine said that it happens when you squat a lot, and just streching is all you can do pretty much.

My bigger concern is deadlift though, where I feel that I can really screw stuff up if I keep trying to pull bigger and bigger. Sure enough, I make progress each time, and each time I finish I could possibly pull off a sixth rep if I really strained myself, at least so far, but are there specific things I should really be careful off? Or should I just try to get a video uploaded if I can to see if I'm on the right track? (Though I don't have a camera now). However, I don't have any pains now, during the workout, or after the workout. Only strained muscles, but recovery has been good enough so far.

In general, if you don't think your back is rounding crazy much and the bar stays nice and close to you, there shouldn't be a problem. However, if you feel that you're gonna snap something, take a video. I'm sure we can improve your form.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
October 25 2012 23:24 GMT
#7028
^ More than a year ago I remember feeling this weird pressure in my back when deadlifting. It's been a while so I don't remember specifically if the feeling just appeared out of nowhere or gradually developed. In any case, I remember experiencing it for at least a few consecutive workouts until, sure enough, I was lifting 1x5 and something popped at the second rep.

I wasn't able to finish the workout and the next few days my back was in really bad shape, but I made a full recovery in 2-3 weeks I think, without seeing a doc. I don't think I've felt that pressure ever again after that. It'd be great to see a video of that lift but honestly I don't think my form was that horrible back then but I can't rule it out either.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 26 2012 13:48 GMT
#7029
This office job is killing the primitive man inside of me D:

Must. lift. after. work.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 26 2012 13:50 GMT
#7030
On October 26 2012 22:48 mordek wrote:
This office job is killing the primitive man inside of me D:

Must. lift. after. work.


It's so easy a Mordek could do it?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 26 2012 14:05 GMT
#7031
On October 26 2012 22:50 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2012 22:48 mordek wrote:
This office job is killing the primitive man inside of me D:

Must. lift. after. work.


It's so easy a Mordek could do it?

Heh. It's not that, I enjoy the intellectual and philosophical side of life as well. It's more that you start to feel subservient and fearful and something deep inside is not ok with that. I'm just venting
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
October 26 2012 14:05 GMT
#7032
I fucked up my shoulder and apparently it needs rest and ice. It's been one week now but I can't really rest because I need to sit in frnot of the computer all day long for work + studying. It's been 10 days since I last did any lifting and it's driving me crazy already because it didn't heal 'as much' as I thought it would. Going to the doctor again today and see what's next. Damn!
For the Swarm!
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 26 2012 14:07 GMT
#7033
On October 26 2012 23:05 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 26 2012 22:50 JingleHell wrote:
On October 26 2012 22:48 mordek wrote:
This office job is killing the primitive man inside of me D:

Must. lift. after. work.


It's so easy a Mordek could do it?

Heh. It's not that, I enjoy the intellectual and philosophical side of life as well. It's more that you start to feel subservient and fearful and something deep inside is not ok with that. I'm just venting


Go all Yoda on that shit. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to lifting like a madman.

Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
October 26 2012 18:58 GMT
#7034
Only 58 days more of cutting

Being hungry makes me want to eat... poetic, I know

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 27 2012 01:23 GMT
#7035
On October 26 2012 23:05 Raidern wrote:
I fucked up my shoulder and apparently it needs rest and ice. It's been one week now but I can't really rest because I need to sit in frnot of the computer all day long for work + studying. It's been 10 days since I last did any lifting and it's driving me crazy already because it didn't heal 'as much' as I thought it would. Going to the doctor again today and see what's next. Damn!


Dont take days off, that won't help you get better. Find ways to flush blood the joint. Try OHP/pull ups/dumbell presses and all the way to curls/tricep extensions, etc and do whatever doesnt hurt and its close to the joint. Prioritize reps over weight.
Also squats, squats cure everything.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 27 2012 13:29 GMT
#7036
Last game of my college career and we need to win to send the team to playoffs in the spring. BEAST MODE ON
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
October 27 2012 13:57 GMT
#7037
On October 27 2012 22:29 decafchicken wrote:
Last game of my college career and we need to win to send the team to playoffs in the spring. BEAST MODE ON



you go, and I might quote captain america from the avengers..

"SMASH."
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
October 27 2012 13:58 GMT
#7038
On October 27 2012 22:29 decafchicken wrote:
Last game of my college career and we need to win to send the team to playoffs in the spring. BEAST MODE ON

Kick ass Decaf!
Moderator
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
October 27 2012 21:12 GMT
#7039
Well dedicating five years of my life to this program ends in a loss to our rivals i've never lost to before. fml
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Entropic
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2837 Posts
October 27 2012 23:36 GMT
#7040
On October 28 2012 06:12 decafchicken wrote:
Well dedicating five years of my life to this program ends in a loss to our rivals i've never lost to before. fml


Well now you have no other distractions... WEIGHTLIFTING AT 105KG CLASS DO IT SON
Prev 1 350 351 352 353 354 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 259
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Dewaltoss 74
Killer 72
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6777
Dendi847
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1353
kRYSTAL_209
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko490
Other Games
gofns42440
singsing2110
B2W.Neo687
hiko426
crisheroes299
byalli276
DeMusliM223
Livibee182
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX104
Rex96
Mew2King92
ZerO(Twitch)9
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV222
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 31m
Replay Cast
9h 16m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.