• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:30
CEST 17:30
KST 00:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20266Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10842 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 350

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 379 Next
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
October 22 2012 02:16 GMT
#6981
On October 22 2012 08:39 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 22 2012 07:58 decafchicken wrote:
Well I'm at 184cm 95kg, 40 yard(not meter) dash is under 5, max bench about 120-135 depending g on if I've been benching, 205kg in the squat, 30inch vertical. However the raw skill gap difference is pretty big between the US and International is pretty big. There's plenty of athletes like me that are much better at rugby. If I started playing rugby at 6 I might have a shot in hell. I'll play at the highest division possible (which is unpaid, there's no pro league) for mens but our national team is super political and those players are all much better than me. A lot of it depends on who you know and what system you start playing rugby in.

Ahh ok, that makes sense. As you say, you're obviously at a big disadvantage because of the late start, so I wasn't really suggesting you'd make it in at the Springboks. I was more thinking along the lines of, if you're strong enough for the Boks, and you have decent skills, how far away are you from the US team? I have seen the US rugby team play a few times but it's really difficult to judge the strength of the players, especially if they're mismatched with their opponents.


I'm curious about that too. However, it seems to me you are closer to the US weightlifting national team *insert trollface here*
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
October 22 2012 09:43 GMT
#6982
I present to you: How to pick up women at the gym.

Good thing some of us have been practicing this a lot.
ShadeR
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Australia7535 Posts
October 22 2012 11:04 GMT
#6983
LOL
Girl: That was intense...
AoN.DimSum
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States2983 Posts
October 22 2012 13:28 GMT
#6984
that spike at the end was fucking great hahaha
by my idol krokkis : "U better hope Finland wont have WCG next year and that I wont gain shitloads of skill, cause then I will wash ur mouth with soap, little man."
KOVU
Profile Joined September 2010
Denmark708 Posts
October 22 2012 13:52 GMT
#6985
hahahhaha I cracked up real bad when he dumped her ::D:D
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
October 22 2012 15:45 GMT
#6986
I remember trying that with an ex and she just flopped, was useless. Shit core.
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
October 22 2012 20:36 GMT
#6987
I completed the Kentucky Tough Mudder.

I don't know who said they weren't that hard, but they must have gotten an easy course. I was talking to somebody while I was there and they said that the ones they have done were nothing compared to kentucky. Maybe it was my shin splits and the fact I was sick, but it was really tough. We had double digit hills we had to climb and descend, and a lot of these were so step people were bearcrawling up them.

I only skipped the arctic enema one, as I was already sick (I think I have bronchitis or some kind beginning pneumonia). I also tried to do Mount Everest twice. The first time I slipped out of the dudes hand and slammed on the ground. The second time the dude didn't even bother to reach for me and I slammed again. I probably could have made it myself, especially if it was at the beginning of the race, but at that point I just said fuck it. I cramped really bad after that and the last two-three miles were really tough.

My training was also put to a halt (I'm still lifting though), as I'm too busy in this science major and I decided to pledge for a fraternity.

I also walked the majority of the race; I got bad shin splits around obstacle two. But eh, whatever.

Can officially call myself a tough mudder, Hoorah!
Victory Loves Preparation
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
October 22 2012 23:30 GMT
#6988
Just got vitamin D, cause why not.

Gaining weight. Up 6 pounds woohoo
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 23 2012 01:01 GMT
#6989
On October 23 2012 08:30 Froadac wrote:
Just got vitamin D, cause why not.

Gaining weight. Up 6 pounds woohoo


Lucky bastard. But then, my VitD+Calcium is just to counteract the negative effects of all the prednisone I've had to take, so it not making me gain is no real surprise.

But it does do wonders for my joints.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-23 03:37:26
October 23 2012 03:37 GMT
#6990
Yeah, I'm not sure its related. I just started taking it, and I'm feeling a little better actually. Although I do get a lot of sun. Even whilst studying I have a window facing west open with a open window
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 23 2012 03:40 GMT
#6991
On October 23 2012 12:37 Froadac wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure its related. I just started taking it, and I'm feeling a little better actually. Although I do get a fair bit of sun.


I get enough. I just need the supplements because massive doses of steroids for inflammation purposes have a nasty habit of giving you osteopenia, which basically wants to be osteoperosis when it grows up.

I'm a 25 year old male, and I get bone density scans more often than my mother.

The joint issues are also the reason I don't do BJJ to go with TKD, something about the back and forth between mostly idle and burst movement really doesn't get along with med induced shit joints.

I am, however, quitting smoking, so maybe that will help me gain some weight.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
October 23 2012 11:17 GMT
#6992
So a few days ago I went into the local pharmacy to pick up some vitamin D.. been feeling a bit shitty lately and figured my immune system could use the bolster.. especially considering the unavailability of sun where I live. Found out the only thing I can get is 400 IU. Anything higher was prescription only, rofl. I guess I can try ordering it in the mail but it may be confiscated at the border.
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
October 23 2012 11:20 GMT
#6993
On October 23 2012 20:17 Sinep wrote:
So a few days ago I went into the local pharmacy to pick up some vitamin D.. been feeling a bit shitty lately and figured my immune system could use the bolster.. especially considering the unavailability of sun where I live. Found out the only thing I can get is 400 IU. Anything higher was prescription only, rofl. I guess I can try ordering it in the mail but it may be confiscated at the border.

You can't simply get it from Amazon? Is Norway even stricter than Germany when it comes to drugs and medication? We have the most ridiculous medical system but at least I can order vitamin D supplements from a local seller freely.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
October 23 2012 12:24 GMT
#6994
On October 23 2012 08:30 Froadac wrote:
Gaining weight. Up 6 pounds woohoo

Very nice!

On October 23 2012 12:40 JingleHell wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 12:37 Froadac wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure its related. I just started taking it, and I'm feeling a little better actually. Although I do get a fair bit of sun.

I am, however, quitting smoking, so maybe that will help me gain some weight.

Good luck and stick with it It can only make things better! Also, I thought you were older. Huh.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
October 23 2012 12:30 GMT
#6995
On October 23 2012 20:17 Sinep wrote:
So a few days ago I went into the local pharmacy to pick up some vitamin D.. been feeling a bit shitty lately and figured my immune system could use the bolster.. especially considering the unavailability of sun where I live. Found out the only thing I can get is 400 IU. Anything higher was prescription only, rofl. I guess I can try ordering it in the mail but it may be confiscated at the border.



You'd be surprised what gets through the mail.

Lots of drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.
ModernAgeShaman
Profile Joined January 2008
Norway484 Posts
October 23 2012 13:19 GMT
#6996
On October 23 2012 20:20 zatic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 20:17 Sinep wrote:
So a few days ago I went into the local pharmacy to pick up some vitamin D.. been feeling a bit shitty lately and figured my immune system could use the bolster.. especially considering the unavailability of sun where I live. Found out the only thing I can get is 400 IU. Anything higher was prescription only, rofl. I guess I can try ordering it in the mail but it may be confiscated at the border.

You can't simply get it from Amazon? Is Norway even stricter than Germany when it comes to drugs and medication? We have the most ridiculous medical system but at least I can order vitamin D supplements from a local seller freely.


On October 23 2012 21:30 Deadeight wrote:
You'd be surprised what gets through the mail.
Lots of drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.


Amazon would be through the mail which means there's no guarantee it gets through. I didn't really think Norway was this backwards ass in terms of medication but there you go, there's at least one example. I'm gonna see if I can get my doctor to give me a prescription next time I see him. I'll tell him my bones ache and the lack of sun depresses me or some shit
JingleHell
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States11308 Posts
October 23 2012 14:47 GMT
#6997
On October 23 2012 21:24 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 08:30 Froadac wrote:
Gaining weight. Up 6 pounds woohoo

Very nice!

Show nested quote +
On October 23 2012 12:40 JingleHell wrote:
On October 23 2012 12:37 Froadac wrote:
Yeah, I'm not sure its related. I just started taking it, and I'm feeling a little better actually. Although I do get a fair bit of sun.

I am, however, quitting smoking, so maybe that will help me gain some weight.

Good luck and stick with it It can only make things better! Also, I thought you were older. Huh.


Well, 25 does sound incredibly young for "medically retired" and "disability". I got retired out at the 4.5 year mark, and I went to basic shortly before my 18th birthday. Got out at 22, my kid was about halfway cooked at that point.
Luxae
Profile Joined February 2011
Israel232 Posts
October 23 2012 15:18 GMT
#6998
Hearing about people who had a child in their early twenties is a serious mindfuck for me now. I'm a couple of months from being 22 and I'm still probably as mature as a 6 year old.
XuoriG
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
Canada165 Posts
October 23 2012 16:01 GMT
#6999
Speaking of vitamin D, how many UI's should you take a day if it's taken as a supplement?
TheResidentEvil
Profile Joined September 2010
United States991 Posts
October 23 2012 16:38 GMT
#7000
I am filling out all my assessments for this upcoming year. You get cheaper benefits through work if you go do cholesterol screening and what not. So I haven't changed my diet at all but I did workout for a year straight. My HDL went up 13 and my LDL went down 17. Total cholesterol stayed the same.

Also it pre-filled out some stuff already on the forms since one is on Webmd. So my weight was filled in from last year 11 months ago. Weight:160 . Weight now: 175
Prev 1 348 349 350 351 352 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
MaxPax 338
OGKoka 260
Codebar 51
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40720
Calm 3844
Shuttle 1918
Bisu 1629
FanTaSy 1456
Mini 1103
Soma 701
Rush 581
EffOrt 477
Stork 328
[ Show more ]
Light 296
actioN 282
Snow 249
Hyuk 246
firebathero 210
ZerO 209
Dewaltoss 106
Zeus 85
Barracks 80
hero 71
Sea.KH 51
Shinee 48
Killer 46
Pusan 36
Sharp 36
Hyun 35
ToSsGirL 31
Bale 29
Free 26
Shine 20
Yoon 20
Aegong 18
PianO 17
HiyA 16
sorry 16
zelot 15
yabsab 13
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc7710
Dendi1002
League of Legends
KnowMe41
Counter-Strike
x6flipin674
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes553
Other Games
singsing2300
hiko1591
B2W.Neo357
byalli269
mouzStarbuck203
Livibee199
Liquid`VortiX186
Hui .169
Beastyqt136
Mew2King69
Trikslyr59
RotterdaM23
Rex19
ZerO(Twitch)15
FrodaN0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV248
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 49
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV248
League of Legends
• Nemesis2683
Other Games
• Shiphtur549
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 45m
Replay Cast
7h 30m
OSC
1d 7h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 18h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.