• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:45
CEST 19:45
KST 02:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)72Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7531 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 152

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 379 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 20:56:47
March 29 2012 20:52 GMT
#3021
On March 30 2012 05:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 05:42 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:41 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:37 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:24 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:18 SolaR- wrote:
On March 30 2012 04:54 infinity21 wrote:
Maybe you spent a little too much time curling in the squat rack?


haha no. My biceps have always been one of my stronger muscles, even though i don't work them much. And i always curl on the bench press

Also sneakyz is right, I also read an article that people on average had the same or more bicep growth doing chins rather than curls.

I think people generally use their biceps more in everyday life compared to lats which would explain why a lot of people find chin-ups easier.
I'm not surprised chins work your biceps more than curls. Too bad my biceps are so tiny compared to my lats


Lats are so much bigger and more useful :D Not to mention make your torso look awesome.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a big pair of guns to go with the lats though


Yeah that 50 cal looks nice on top of a tank...but without the 50 cal ITS STILL A FUCKING TANK ^_^

Who wants to look like a T-rex though. A body that says RAWR and arms that say mewmew.


double post. rofl. DOUBLE BAMMMM
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 29 2012 20:52 GMT
#3022
On March 30 2012 05:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 05:42 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:41 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:37 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:24 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:18 SolaR- wrote:
On March 30 2012 04:54 infinity21 wrote:
Maybe you spent a little too much time curling in the squat rack?


haha no. My biceps have always been one of my stronger muscles, even though i don't work them much. And i always curl on the bench press

Also sneakyz is right, I also read an article that people on average had the same or more bicep growth doing chins rather than curls.

I think people generally use their biceps more in everyday life compared to lats which would explain why a lot of people find chin-ups easier.
I'm not surprised chins work your biceps more than curls. Too bad my biceps are so tiny compared to my lats


Lats are so much bigger and more useful :D Not to mention make your torso look awesome.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a big pair of guns to go with the lats though


Yeah that 50 cal looks nice on top of a tank...but without the 50 cal ITS STILL A FUCKING TANK ^_^

Who wants to look like a T-rex though. A body that says RAWR and arms that say mewmew.


I haven't done a single curl in like 2-3 years, and my arms are probably my weakest body part.

I can still kick you and fucking break your face :D

mew mew much bro.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
March 29 2012 20:57 GMT
#3023
On March 30 2012 05:45 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 05:42 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:41 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:37 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:24 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:18 SolaR- wrote:
On March 30 2012 04:54 infinity21 wrote:
Maybe you spent a little too much time curling in the squat rack?


haha no. My biceps have always been one of my stronger muscles, even though i don't work them much. And i always curl on the bench press

Also sneakyz is right, I also read an article that people on average had the same or more bicep growth doing chins rather than curls.

I think people generally use their biceps more in everyday life compared to lats which would explain why a lot of people find chin-ups easier.
I'm not surprised chins work your biceps more than curls. Too bad my biceps are so tiny compared to my lats


Lats are so much bigger and more useful :D Not to mention make your torso look awesome.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a big pair of guns to go with the lats though


Yeah that 50 cal looks nice on top of a tank...but without the 50 cal ITS STILL A FUCKING TANK ^_^

Who wants to look like a T-rex though. A body that says RAWR and arms that say mewmew.


Maybe i'm just lucky but i haven't seriously worked on my arms in years and they look good. Oly lifting takes care of everything...even the things it doesnt work!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 21:04:05
March 29 2012 21:01 GMT
#3024
They call them compound lifts for a reason ^^. Also I have read studies that show that lifts such as squats will even increase upper-body size, because squats put such of a strain on your body, it raises your testosterone levels. That should encourage the guys who just want to work upper-body
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
March 29 2012 21:04 GMT
#3025
On March 30 2012 05:44 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 04:03 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 03:53 Osmoses wrote:
Idd. Dips and chins are just arms, biceps and triceps, everyone got those, you just push and pull whereas pullups require obliques (how often do you use those in your everyday life?) and an actual measure of technique.

What? Afaik, chin-ups and pull-ups use basically all the same muscles. I don't see how pull-ups require more technique than chin-ups... I do both interchangeably and they're basically the same exercises to me.

Dunno how you're doing them but it's definitely alot more backmuscle and lats for me (meant lats not obliques btw). Close grip I can understand, but wide is a completely different lift alltogether.

I use a medium grip for both chins and pulls, maybe 1.2-1.5 times shoulder width. I agree that wide grip pull-ups are completely different beasts.. but have you ever tried wide grip chin-ups? Can't really compare different grip widths imo

On March 30 2012 05:42 decafchicken wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 05:41 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:37 decafchicken wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:24 infinity21 wrote:
On March 30 2012 05:18 SolaR- wrote:
On March 30 2012 04:54 infinity21 wrote:
Maybe you spent a little too much time curling in the squat rack?


haha no. My biceps have always been one of my stronger muscles, even though i don't work them much. And i always curl on the bench press

Also sneakyz is right, I also read an article that people on average had the same or more bicep growth doing chins rather than curls.

I think people generally use their biceps more in everyday life compared to lats which would explain why a lot of people find chin-ups easier.
I'm not surprised chins work your biceps more than curls. Too bad my biceps are so tiny compared to my lats


Lats are so much bigger and more useful :D Not to mention make your torso look awesome.

Yeah I wouldn't mind a big pair of guns to go with the lats though


Yeah that 50 cal looks nice on top of a tank...but without the 50 cal ITS STILL A FUCKING TANK ^_^

haha true I'll post some lat pics when I can rep 2 plates or something
Official Entusman #21
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 21:41:59
March 29 2012 21:26 GMT
#3026
I probably have bigger gunz than all the people in my gym who do 1000 biceps exercises every day combined! and I havent done a curl in ages. chin ups ftw!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
March 29 2012 21:43 GMT
#3027
How can one honestly expect their biceps to be big, when their legs are toothpicks?
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 29 2012 21:49 GMT
#3028
fuck curls, I pull 4 plates all day

and the fitness.... w/e it is at the Y asked me to do lighter deadlifts because it feels like an earthquake downstairs when I drop it from my knees. How about not putting the gym on the 2nd floor and get me a platform, I'm gonna pull 5plates before 2013 bitches.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Ludrik
Profile Blog Joined June 2008
Australia523 Posts
March 29 2012 22:02 GMT
#3029
Same thing happens at my gym. For some reason (probably so girls won't get intimidated when they walk in) they decided to switch everything around at the start of this year to having the weights upstairs and cardio stuff downstairs. Now if you're downstairs and someone drops a heavy weight above you it's pretty damn loud.

Plenty of people deadlift at my gym although there's not many really heavy ones. There's one guy who does about 160kg ish, then a few around my level doing about 130, then a heap of people <100 kg. Every now and then someone will be doing cleans or snatches, although those guys usually train in the morning when noone else is around.
Only a fool would die laughing. I was a fool.
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 22:05:05
March 29 2012 22:04 GMT
#3030
yeah the y sucks T_T. Bunch of young kids and families, who do nothing but cable machines and bicep curls
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 29 2012 22:07 GMT
#3031
On March 30 2012 05:26 Seth_ wrote:
My press hasn't improved in 3 weeks. I started at 25 kg 3 x 5 without any trouble; next work-out I was nearly able to do 30 3 x 5. Now after 2.5 weeks I'm still unable to do more than 30 3 x 5.
I've watched
and I think I'm doing it as I'm supposed to, my strength just isn't increasing.

Squats have improved nearly 40% though. Deadlift, bench press and power cleans have improved as well.


You cannot increase the weight by 5kg on the Press, it will never work. SS/SL want you to microload, so 2,5kg increases are the heighest you should ever do, preferably less. You simply need 1,25kg plates. For smaller increases, you may just be creative, there is a lot of stuff you can hang on a barbell.

Anyway. I just propose to start fresh 20kg 5x5; 22,5kg 5x5 25kg 5x5 27,5kg 5x5, 30kg 5x5. That way your actual goal is not even two weeks away, and I am 100% certain that you can do it then.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 29 2012 22:11 GMT
#3032
Yeah, I'm gonna second what malinor did. Even on novice gains I would struggle with 5lb increases. I'm on intermediate now and 2.5lb increases are giving me trouble as well, but I'm still progessing. (those are total increases, I used 2.5lb plates and am on 1.25lb plates now).
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
March 29 2012 22:24 GMT
#3033
I spent 50 bucks on apt website, a couple of years ago. I got a pair of 3/4 lb, pair of 1/4lb, pair of 1/2 lb, and a pair of 1 lb. Fractional weights really help, if you want to see linear progress.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
March 29 2012 22:39 GMT
#3034
I don't see why u can't do starting strength+curls tbh lol. Just don't do it to failure so it doesn't fuck up other lifts
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-29 22:53:11
March 29 2012 22:52 GMT
#3035
I think doing one exercise is totally fine. But some people do 3 or 4 exercises just for biceps. Even so called "experts" make routines like this, and I think its just flat out stupid unless you're a professional bodybuilder with great genetics.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 29 2012 22:57 GMT
#3036
On March 30 2012 07:39 GoTuNk! wrote:
I don't see why u can't do starting strength+curls tbh lol. Just don't do it to failure so it doesn't fuck up other lifts

SS + chins/pulls worked real well for me =]
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Gatored
Profile Joined September 2010
United States679 Posts
March 30 2012 00:21 GMT
#3037
SS + chins/dips is what I do. Chins on bench days and dips on press days.
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 30 2012 01:18 GMT
#3038
fuck curls.

I lifted 135kg on Squat for 3x5(PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR) and I fucking loved it.

Fuck curls.

I also did 80kg 6 x 3 Clean

and 50kg 1x5 PowerClean
55kg x 1x5 power clean.

U MAD BRO? I AM MAD AS FUCK
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 30 2012 01:42 GMT
#3039
you should be mad funkie, I'm stronger than you now.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Ilikestarcraft
Profile Blog Joined November 2004
Korea (South)17743 Posts
March 30 2012 01:59 GMT
#3040
On March 30 2012 06:49 Hurricane wrote:
fuck curls, I pull 4 plates all day

and the fitness.... w/e it is at the Y asked me to do lighter deadlifts because it feels like an earthquake downstairs when I drop it from my knees. How about not putting the gym on the 2nd floor and get me a platform, I'm gonna pull 5plates before 2013 bitches.

I hope one day to be mistaken for an earthquake when I deadlift.
ils
"Nana is a goddess. Or at very least, Nana is my goddess." - KazeHydra
Prev 1 150 151 152 153 154 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 2641
RotterdaM708
TaKeTV 306
IndyStarCraft 173
BRAT_OK 80
ZombieGrub35
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2641
RotterdaM 708
ByuN 379
IndyStarCraft 173
MaxPax 171
BRAT_OK 80
UpATreeSC 51
ZombieGrub35
RuFF_SC2 33
MindelVK 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3360
Shuttle 873
Mini 478
EffOrt 422
Rush 173
Dewaltoss 148
Mind 89
910 73
Zeus 70
HiyA 66
[ Show more ]
Shinee 60
hero 55
Bale 27
sorry 25
ToSsGirL 17
Sexy 10
zelot 10
Sacsri 8
scan(afreeca) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc5619
qojqva2923
Counter-Strike
fl0m5245
pashabiceps791
Fnx 684
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby2764
Other Games
singsing1985
Beastyqt798
ceh9672
mouzStarbuck247
XaKoH 121
C9.Mang074
QueenE72
Trikslyr65
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream23
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 111
• StrangeGG 31
• Reevou 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 28
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV186
Other Games
• imaqtpie514
• Shiphtur296
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
5h 15m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 15m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
17h 15m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Patches Events
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.