• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:28
CEST 08:28
KST 15:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9379 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 154

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 379 Next
Raidern
Profile Joined February 2005
Brazil3821 Posts
March 30 2012 20:07 GMT
#3061
Link to the interview?
For the Swarm!
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
March 30 2012 21:14 GMT
#3062
On March 30 2012 21:04 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys, I always take 2 protein scoops which amounts to about 40g of protein and 400 calories post workout. My friend saw this and told me it was a waste and that I should just take 1 scoop. How much protein do you guys take post workout?


I hear that your body can only process so much protein at once. So I always use 1 scoop of protein mixed in with creatine which fixes to about 20g. Its all a big unknown thing though it seems -_-. So I end up taking 1 protein shake a day and 3 meal replacement shakes spread out.

Also has anyone Biked a very far distance here. Like...300 miles worth over the course of a few days? If so what was the training/equipment/mentality you underwent when/if you did?
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 30 2012 21:32 GMT
#3063
I have biked a bit above 300km within 4 days some years back, and I wasn't in too good shape back then. Mentality is easy, just keep on rolling, lol. My body got used to it pretty quickly. Of course 300miles in the same amount of days would be quite a bit more, but as long as the track is mostly flat, it should be failry doable. Good clothes are a must though, definitely a wind-jacket, it can be very cold without one. And you need tons of water, obviously.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 30 2012 21:38 GMT
#3064
On March 31 2012 06:14 FreezingAssassin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 30 2012 21:04 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Hey guys, I always take 2 protein scoops which amounts to about 40g of protein and 400 calories post workout. My friend saw this and told me it was a waste and that I should just take 1 scoop. How much protein do you guys take post workout?


I hear that your body can only process so much protein at once. So I always use 1 scoop of protein mixed in with creatine which fixes to about 20g. Its all a big unknown thing though it seems -_-. So I end up taking 1 protein shake a day and 3 meal replacement shakes spread out.


thats broscience. take as much protein as you want! although I would recommend you get the majority of your protein from whole foods and take supplements if you cant reach the 1g/lb goal
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
March 30 2012 21:45 GMT
#3065
On March 31 2012 06:32 Malinor wrote:
I have biked a bit above 300km within 4 days some years back, and I wasn't in too good shape back then. Mentality is easy, just keep on rolling, lol. My body got used to it pretty quickly. Of course 300miles in the same amount of days would be quite a bit more, but as long as the track is mostly flat, it should be failry doable. Good clothes are a must though, definitely a wind-jacket, it can be very cold without one. And you need tons of water, obviously.


I am trying to decide what all i need for my bike trip from PA to DC and I am definetly getting a pair of padded shorts and probably some very light jacket since I plan on doing in it in Mid June. I am just trying to see what all essentials I will need since I will be trying to travel very light due to it being a 350ish mile ride. And It will be by far the longest I've ever rode.
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 30 2012 22:42 GMT
#3066
yesterday - 50 mins stretching (tnations link, like 16 stretches)
today - sister visited early and didnt go to gym - 35 minutes stretching
!!!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 31 2012 01:07 GMT
#3067
Good day at THE Gym.

Went today cause I missed Monday

Did as follows

Front squat. 90kg 3x5
Bench press: 80kg 3x5
Deadlift: 160kg 1x5


Pretty happy with myself since I didn't have a rest day. Oh well.
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
March 31 2012 01:33 GMT
#3068
This whole "I don't curl" mindset is stupid. In strength training, you are never wrong in strengthening every single part of your body.

Pulled 225kg from blocks, for reps today. Low blocks, so basically it was harder than from the ground because it takes away the leg drive.

Been training everyday this week adding a shit load of extra workouts for abs and grip. I'm still enraged with my 242kg failed attempt of last week. I will pull 250kg before summer and 275kg before the end of the year. Mark my words ;(

btw, BW is dropping a bit these days... I'm under 80kg.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
March 31 2012 01:35 GMT
#3069
On March 31 2012 10:33 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
This whole "I don't curl" mindset is stupid. In strength training, you are never wrong in strengthening every single part of your body.

Pulled 225kg from blocks, for reps today. Low blocks, so basically it was harder than from the ground because it takes away the leg drive.

Been training everyday this week adding a shit load of extra workouts for abs and grip. I'm still enraged with my 242kg failed attempt of last week. I will pull 250kg before summer and 275kg before the end of the year. Mark my words ;(

btw, BW is dropping a bit these days... I'm under 80kg.


I agree with you.

But there's better exercises for most poeple to be using that hit both the biceps AND other muscles like pullups, rows, etc.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 31 2012 03:45 GMT
#3070
It's the typical mindset of your average person doing curls that we hate, not the lift itself
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
March 31 2012 07:38 GMT
#3071
On March 31 2012 10:35 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 10:33 BlondeOnBlonde wrote:
This whole "I don't curl" mindset is stupid. In strength training, you are never wrong in strengthening every single part of your body.

Pulled 225kg from blocks, for reps today. Low blocks, so basically it was harder than from the ground because it takes away the leg drive.

Been training everyday this week adding a shit load of extra workouts for abs and grip. I'm still enraged with my 242kg failed attempt of last week. I will pull 250kg before summer and 275kg before the end of the year. Mark my words ;(

btw, BW is dropping a bit these days... I'm under 80kg.


I agree with you.

But there's better exercises for most poeple to be using that hit both the biceps AND other muscles like pullups, rows, etc.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with curls per se. It's a lot like leg press or any other isolation. It's just that most people spend hours doing curls and leg press rather than doing something more useful, like squats or chin-ups.
Moderator
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
March 31 2012 08:10 GMT
#3072
On March 31 2012 10:07 funkie wrote:
Good day at THE Gym.

Went today cause I missed Monday

Did as follows

Front squat. 90kg 3x5
Bench press: 80kg 3x5
Deadlift: 160kg 1x5


Pretty happy with myself since I didn't have a rest day. Oh well.


do you ever fail your lifts? nice work!
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
crappen
Profile Joined April 2010
Norway1546 Posts
March 31 2012 08:57 GMT
#3073
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 31 2012 09:48 GMT
#3074
Wow. My gf tells me 'if you wanna pull that 200kg by summer, you got to start eating right? So I made you a tiramisu'. It's a two pounder. I put the bar REALLY high on my traps this friday, it felt like cheating. So easy to keep torso straight.

Also Funkster it's still on, despite you training for 8 months more than me or something haha.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 11:57:09
March 31 2012 11:16 GMT
#3075
I don't like curls. Why not just chins? If you can't do chins because your lats haven't recovered, then you've done something using your lats and not your biceps, and you just shouldn't have done that surely? It's a good exercise for biceps obviously but I just think there's pretty much always something better you could do with your time. Although I'm not exactly Arnold, and if anyone can tell me why I'm wrong then I'd appreciate it.

Also, caught my balls between my legs and my foam roller this morning. Just one of the dangers of foam rolling.
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 31 2012 11:50 GMT
#3076
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
SiZ.FaNtAsY
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
Korea (South)1497 Posts
March 31 2012 15:10 GMT
#3077
On March 31 2012 20:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.


Even if it's good for you weight loss is all about calories you intake and calories you burn.
Karma is a bitch
4thHatchery
Profile Blog Joined June 2005
Finland125 Posts
March 31 2012 15:27 GMT
#3078
On April 01 2012 00:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 20:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.


Even if it's good for you weight loss is all about calories you intake and calories you burn.

I think that's what he meant by overeating? Chicken and broccoli aren't exactly the most calorie dense foods.
Daigomi
Profile Blog Joined May 2006
South Africa4316 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 15:35:16
March 31 2012 15:32 GMT
#3079
On April 01 2012 00:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 20:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.


Even if it's good for you weight loss is all about calories you intake and calories you burn.

I think the point is it's almost impossible to eat too many calories on chicken and broccoli. 500g of skinless chicken breasts is equal to roughly 600 calories, while 500g of brocoli is equal to roughly 175 calories. That is to say, 1kg split between chicken and brocoli will give most people roughly a third of their caloric limits. You'd have to eat insane amount of chicken and broccoli to go over your calorie limits.

In case those numbers don't mean much to you, compare it to 500g of Domino's pizza (roughly 5 pieces) which is 1350 calories and much easier to eat.
Moderator
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
March 31 2012 16:28 GMT
#3080
On April 01 2012 00:32 Daigomi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2012 00:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
On March 31 2012 20:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.


Even if it's good for you weight loss is all about calories you intake and calories you burn.

I think the point is it's almost impossible to eat too many calories on chicken and broccoli. 500g of skinless chicken breasts is equal to roughly 600 calories, while 500g of brocoli is equal to roughly 175 calories. That is to say, 1kg split between chicken and brocoli will give most people roughly a third of their caloric limits. You'd have to eat insane amount of chicken and broccoli to go over your calorie limits.

In case those numbers don't mean much to you, compare it to 500g of Domino's pizza (roughly 5 pieces) which is 1350 calories and much easier to eat.

Yep. Just don't eat/order junk, and you should be fine.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Prev 1 152 153 154 155 156 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 32m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
GuemChi 1021
910 108
Hyun 68
NotJumperer 45
Bale 34
sorry 25
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto219
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King137
Other Games
summit1g6843
Coldzera 719
WinterStarcraft388
C9.Mang0234
ceh9232
NeuroSwarm108
ViBE32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick609
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 31
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2246
League of Legends
• Rush1181
• Lourlo1032
• Stunt364
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
3h 32m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4h 32m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
17h 32m
Patches Events
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.