• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9147 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2012 - Page 155

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 379 Next
funkie
Profile Blog Joined November 2005
Venezuela9377 Posts
March 31 2012 16:36 GMT
#3081
On March 31 2012 17:10 Zafrumi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 10:07 funkie wrote:
Good day at THE Gym.

Went today cause I missed Monday

Did as follows

Front squat. 90kg 3x5
Bench press: 80kg 3x5
Deadlift: 160kg 1x5


Pretty happy with myself since I didn't have a rest day. Oh well.


do you ever fail your lifts? nice work!



it's my aim to never fail a single lift. Dunno, If I feel like "Failing", I just grab some anger from the back of my mind, and puff, there it goes. Helps me release a lot of anger and stress too. .

Thanks!
CJ Entusman #6! · Strength is the basis of athletic ability. -Rippetoe /* http://j.mp/TL-App <- TL iPhone App 2.0! */
SolaR-
Profile Blog Joined February 2004
United States2686 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 16:37:56
March 31 2012 16:36 GMT
#3082
nvm
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 31 2012 19:28 GMT
#3083
On April 01 2012 00:10 SiZ.FaNtAsY wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 31 2012 20:50 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
On March 31 2012 17:57 crappen wrote:
I am not really sure if I should post this here, or in the "High thread", but here it goes.

I try to drop weight, and I have plenty control. But every now and then, perhaps once a week, I like some good quality pot on my saturday.
Problem is, my appetite goes through the fucking roof.
So I plan on just eating one good meal, but how do I satisfy my need for more after a big meal when high? Notice, I dont smoke often, so when I smoke, it says KABAM. Really fun though.

Any suggestion on what I can eat that doesnt make my week of weight loss go into nothing? Yes I could just stop hitting the bong in this weight loss period, but its really fun you know Was hoping for some magical food/sugar that I could eat.

Don't see how you can overeat on plain chicken and broccoli.


Even if it's good for you weight loss is all about calories you intake and calories you burn.


ya there is fuck all calories in chicken/veg though.

i recommend cherry tomatoes with weed. they are nice and apparently 2kg of cherry tomatoes = 360 kcal. they are expensive though and you will be tempted to eat cheese with them LOL.
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
shawster
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada2485 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-31 20:27:38
March 31 2012 20:25 GMT
#3084
Hey guys with march coming to an end I just wanted to say some things about how my first month of sl/ss has been.

I started march 5th and did my first squat that day. Went from 95 lb to 140 lb in a month.

I started off my bench press too heavy, so I had to go down by 10 pounds during the middle of the month. Went from 95 -> 85
-> 87.5 -> 90 -> 92.5 -> 95 and now 100.

First time doing a deadlift as well. Went from 95 -> 145 lb.

I didn't start doing overhead press till midway through the month, but i went from 55 -> 65 lb. Started with dumbells but it never felt right. Barbell felt much more natural for me

Didn't start power cleans till midway through the month as well. 65 -> 75. Started with barbell rows but I just realized that I couldn't stand that god damned exercise.

Any ways through the first month I've really learned how to take it slow and be patient instead starting off too strong. I started low on deadlift and squat and didn't need to go down in weight. My form is far from perfect but i'm still learning and incorporating a little bit day by day.

I was hesitant to learn the power clean and over head press because I've never seen anyone do those exercises so i put off learning them for a while. Now I regret it lol. Any ways I've been eating a lot and hopefully I'll be able to maintain the gains that I've experienced during the last part of March. Hopefully no injuries. the only minor problem I had was aggravating my bicep shoulder tendon ( i think?) doing power cleans.

Oh and my bodyweight has went up by around 7 pounds or so.
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 31 2012 20:34 GMT
#3085
well done dude, getting started is hard but you seem to have some confidence and resolve :D
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
March 31 2012 21:18 GMT
#3086
My original estimate had me stopping madcows now and switching into smolov, but the gains keep coming so I'mma stay on madcow!

squat @ 325lb x3
bench @ 255lbx3
row @ 190lbx3 cause lol can't clean anymore =[
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 31 2012 21:31 GMT
#3087
ah just watch some tutorial vids before you go clean next time (theres one in other thread OP)

extend knees. extend hips. ("jump"). gonna try tomorrow anyway LOL
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
BlondeOnBlonde
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada150 Posts
March 31 2012 21:31 GMT
#3088
"Speed" OH press: 135lbs 8x3

Standing seesaw press: 60s 3x10
Sternum chin-ups: 3x10

BARBELL CURLS !! :D : 135lbs 3x6
Rolling triceps extensions: 45s 3x8

Forearm work: shitload
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
March 31 2012 22:09 GMT
#3089
Be careful Gotunk, don't get yourself perma banned . 5th temp bans is kind of dangerous.
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
March 31 2012 23:03 GMT
#3090
today: 55 mins stretching :3

Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Velocirapture
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States983 Posts
April 01 2012 01:14 GMT
#3091
Anybody else have one or two things they dread doing when going to the gym? I love 90% of my routine but I hate doing shoulder and core work. I always end up giving myself longer rest periods than I should when doing them cuz I have to talk myself into it lol.
FiWiFaKi
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Canada9859 Posts
April 01 2012 03:05 GMT
#3092
On April 01 2012 10:14 Velocirapture wrote:
Anybody else have one or two things they dread doing when going to the gym? I love 90% of my routine but I hate doing shoulder and core work. I always end up giving myself longer rest periods than I should when doing them cuz I have to talk myself into it lol.


Calves man... Ugh it's such a weird stupid muscle, you can't do 6 reps of anything because it starts to cramp for me, you have to do so many reps, even the slightest momentum makes it a lot easier, I don't feel tired after it... Standing calf raises hurt my spine, sitting calf raises hurt my thighs, bleh...
In life, the journey is more satisfying than the destination. || .::Entrepreneurship::. Living a few years of your life like most people won't, so that you can spend the rest of your life like most people can't || Mechanical Engineering & Economics Major
Deadeight
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1629 Posts
April 01 2012 04:05 GMT
#3093
On April 01 2012 10:14 Velocirapture wrote:
Anybody else have one or two things they dread doing when going to the gym? I love 90% of my routine but I hate doing shoulder and core work. I always end up giving myself longer rest periods than I should when doing them cuz I have to talk myself into it lol.


Chins. I just don't like them. But then I'm not good at them so it motivates me to do them.
infinity21 *
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
Canada6683 Posts
April 01 2012 04:30 GMT
#3094
I hate doing cardio and ab work but I don't put them into my routine in the first place so I never have to do them :p
Official Entusman #21
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
April 01 2012 04:53 GMT
#3095
On April 01 2012 12:05 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2012 10:14 Velocirapture wrote:
Anybody else have one or two things they dread doing when going to the gym? I love 90% of my routine but I hate doing shoulder and core work. I always end up giving myself longer rest periods than I should when doing them cuz I have to talk myself into it lol.


Calves man... Ugh it's such a weird stupid muscle, you can't do 6 reps of anything because it starts to cramp for me, you have to do so many reps, even the slightest momentum makes it a lot easier, I don't feel tired after it... Standing calf raises hurt my spine, sitting calf raises hurt my thighs, bleh...


ah you should join my stretching program. i do calves at start and at end, its like the easiest stretch there is!

most dreaded for me is fucking up and still being awake at midnight or later and knowing i will just fucking hate myself when i wake up and have missed another gym day 6am now but i got out of bed at 3am and done 3 hours of this work course that ive supposed to be doing for 3 months already and hadnt done a single thing for. so yay, i finally fucking started it for real, wont feel like shit when i wake up now!
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
April 01 2012 11:13 GMT
#3096
I'm gonna have four teeth pulled this wednesday. I can't eat beforehand. Does anybody have tips/experiences? Wednesday is deadlift day, so I think I might have to move that to thursday.
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Osmoses
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Sweden5302 Posts
April 01 2012 11:21 GMT
#3097
On April 01 2012 13:30 infinity21 wrote:
I hate doing cardio and ab work but I don't put them into my routine in the first place so I never have to do them :p

Preeeeeetty much this. Running sucks, it hurts and its uncomfortable. Its like stretching. :p
Excuse me hun, but what is your name? Vivian? I woke up next to you naked and, uh, did we, um?
rEiGN~
Profile Joined September 2010
369 Posts
April 01 2012 11:53 GMT
#3098
i love walking and listening to podcasts, getting fresh air, learning shit and improving health at the same time.
TL.net Stream Viewer Count http://goo.gl/ahf1E
FFGenerations
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
7088 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-04-01 12:36:11
April 01 2012 12:33 GMT
#3099
On April 01 2012 20:21 Osmoses wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 01 2012 13:30 infinity21 wrote:
I hate doing cardio and ab work but I don't put them into my routine in the first place so I never have to do them :p

Preeeeeetty much this. Running sucks, it hurts and its uncomfortable. Its like stretching. :p


i thought so too until i tried the "walk/run" style where you only run until you start to get annoyed/worn out (like 2-3 minutes) and then you walk for 30 seconds and chill out. makes it a WHOLE different barrel of pears.

i just woke up and i am so super kinda happy about having started that work last night. SOOO super kinda happy (nervous about continuing the effort tho). its CRAZY the freakin difference having achieved somethiing makes. usually i spend every single moment (especially when i wake up) brooding about how much i hate myself and havent done anything about it, but now instead of EVERY waking moment being an anxious brood and whirlwind of selfloathing, i am instead joyous and hopeful!!!

now i have 15 mins guitar, 55 mins stretching, i know i can do a solid 3?? hours work on the course and complete a module NP, and i have gym so long as i SWITCH OFF at the right time (and i know how to do that now - you just hold an inspiring thought in your mind and then hit the Shut Down button without thinking about it, 30 seconds later everything is awsome), and my bedroom is clean.

having these 3-4 things that you are achieving at (however minute) makes SUUUCH a huge difference to having just 1 thing, because if you fuck up at one (like i am with gym atm) then the others really keep you going. i quit smoking for 2 days then smoked for 2 days and now maybe i will be able to quit again today because i have a stronger base to me now :D

tonight? guitar, stretching, switch off. tomorrow: gym, see course lady, dont smoke, stretch, guitar, tidy room a bit. and then tuesday i will wake up feeling as amazing as i ever have ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! except i will be mindfucked from not smoking LOL anyway
Cool BW Music Vid - youtube.com/watch?v=W54nlqJ-Nx8 ~~~~~ ᕤ OYSTERS ᕤ CLAMS ᕤ AND ᕤ CUCKOLDS ᕤ ~~~~~~ ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ PUNCH HIM ༼ ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
April 01 2012 13:29 GMT
#3100
On April 01 2012 20:13 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
I'm gonna have four teeth pulled this wednesday. I can't eat beforehand. Does anybody have tips/experiences? Wednesday is deadlift day, so I think I might have to move that to thursday.

When I had it done they told me not to do heavy exercise for like 2 days after, because if you're straining hard it might open up the wounds again. Besides that it's not too bad, your mouth will just be numb for half the day from the anesthesia .
Prev 1 153 154 155 156 157 379 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
Zeus 401
Horang2 303
Larva 257
EffOrt 180
Mind 76
Hyun 62
scan(afreeca) 51
NotJumperer 42
Killer 40
Bale 38
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 37
Sharp 35
sorry 35
Shinee 22
Sacsri 13
Hm[arnc] 13
Pusan 13
Barracks 6
Britney 0
Dota 2
febbydoto110
League of Legends
JimRising 415
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1209
edward536
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
Other Games
summit1g8077
ceh9649
Happy319
crisheroes199
Sick175
dupreeh65
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick594
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• killerbeecast4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2271
League of Legends
• Jankos1204
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
29m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1h 29m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
14h 29m
Patches Events
1d 6h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.