• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:24
CEST 21:24
KST 04:24
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon109
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7644 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 713

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 711 712 713 714 715 730 Next
Cecil
Profile Joined April 2010
United States368 Posts
December 13 2011 04:33 GMT
#14241
Exactly. The guy who won the most respect award at tough mudder? motherfucker had NO LEGS. He used those curvy metal prostetics and completed the whole mudder. As in all of the obstacles. Body is nothing, mind is everything. Unless you're Christopher Reeve.....


Too soon, I know. I'm terrible.
www.regimentrunning.com
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 13 2011 05:49 GMT
#14242
Ironic day. I'm doing all these shit work problems. "A guy deadlifts a shitton of weight. Is he doing any work from beginning to end?"

No, no displacement.

C'mon, it's bullshit. I just lifted 110 pounds. It may not be that much but it sure is weight
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 07:53:44
December 13 2011 07:01 GMT
#14243
On December 13 2011 13:27 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 00:09 Cecil wrote:
On December 12 2011 20:36 Zafrumi wrote:
On December 12 2011 13:41 Cecil wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:36 Garbels wrote:
On December 12 2011 07:36 Cecil wrote:
Goals are important. QUANTIFY IT. My running team decided that we were going to finish a 20k obstacle run within a year of training. We started off by doing a warrior dash (5k, obstacles, etc.) a few months into our training. Every M/W/F we would run a 5k and slowly build up to doing obstacles like low crawls, monkey bars, hurdles, burpees, pushups, etc. without walking any parts. I just finished the Tough Mudder last week, which is an actual thing that our team can check off in the box. Our next goal is to complete the ironman within 3 years and do a spartan death race 2 years after that. I got pics of the tough mudder if you guys want to see them.

Other piece of advice, do it with a buddy. Have somebody to hold you accountable in some way and vice versa.


The Tough Mudder sound like a lot of fun. Yes we want pics !



I'll only post 3. If you want more just PM me for them (don't want to flood a page).

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Log carry through the mud

[image loading]
Trudging through a 38 degree ice pool

[image loading]

Finish line WAAAAAAAAGH! (Right after the 10,000 volt shock obstacle, seen behind me at the wires)


Do I see a Teamliquid mudder team in the future?


haha that looks awesome man :D I fear I have nowhere near enough stamina/endurance for such a race, but it sounds like a lot of fun ^^


You would be surprised. A year ago my team couldn't complete a simple 3k run without having to stop for a walk or rest and we did the mudder entirely at a run pace with zero stops. It takes a lot of dedication and willpower though. Every human being is given the same constant - a body. The only difference is the mind that pilots that common set of biomechanics. If any TL folks in FL want to train for this just let me know and we can get you on our sponsored team


I would absolutely be in for this... If I were in Florida, instead of New York. I need another goal besides "lift big weights" and "get rugby strong" and mental determination is my favorite thing to work on - fuck everyone that says "you're born with it or you aren't", I'm making myself into the person I want to be mentally and physically.


Thats why i love oly lifting...i get to lift big weights, get rugby strong, AND its so fucking mentally challenging from the technique/speed/coordinations/flexibility involved. I've been doing it for over a year now and my coach still scoffs at me T_T

Happy early birthday!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
jjhchsc2
Profile Joined December 2010
Korea (South)2393 Posts
December 13 2011 07:10 GMT
#14244
On December 13 2011 13:27 phyre112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 00:09 Cecil wrote:
On December 12 2011 20:36 Zafrumi wrote:
On December 12 2011 13:41 Cecil wrote:
On December 12 2011 08:36 Garbels wrote:
On December 12 2011 07:36 Cecil wrote:
Goals are important. QUANTIFY IT. My running team decided that we were going to finish a 20k obstacle run within a year of training. We started off by doing a warrior dash (5k, obstacles, etc.) a few months into our training. Every M/W/F we would run a 5k and slowly build up to doing obstacles like low crawls, monkey bars, hurdles, burpees, pushups, etc. without walking any parts. I just finished the Tough Mudder last week, which is an actual thing that our team can check off in the box. Our next goal is to complete the ironman within 3 years and do a spartan death race 2 years after that. I got pics of the tough mudder if you guys want to see them.

Other piece of advice, do it with a buddy. Have somebody to hold you accountable in some way and vice versa.


The Tough Mudder sound like a lot of fun. Yes we want pics !



I'll only post 3. If you want more just PM me for them (don't want to flood a page).

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Log carry through the mud

[image loading]
Trudging through a 38 degree ice pool

[image loading]

Finish line WAAAAAAAAGH! (Right after the 10,000 volt shock obstacle, seen behind me at the wires)


Do I see a Teamliquid mudder team in the future?


haha that looks awesome man :D I fear I have nowhere near enough stamina/endurance for such a race, but it sounds like a lot of fun ^^


You would be surprised. A year ago my team couldn't complete a simple 3k run without having to stop for a walk or rest and we did the mudder entirely at a run pace with zero stops. It takes a lot of dedication and willpower though. Every human being is given the same constant - a body. The only difference is the mind that pilots that common set of biomechanics. If any TL folks in FL want to train for this just let me know and we can get you on our sponsored team


I would absolutely be in for this... If I were in Florida, instead of New York. I need another goal besides "lift big weights" and "get rugby strong" and mental determination is my favorite thing to work on - fuck everyone that says "you're born with it or you aren't", I'm making myself into the person I want to be mentally and physically.


Happy Birthday!
Lee Ssang/ Lee Shin/ Kim Jung Woo/ Kim Min Chul/Jun Tae Yang/Park Soo Ho/Lee Jung Hoon/Choi Sung Hoon/ Moon Sung Won/Park Ji Soo/ Lee Ho Joon/ Jang Min Chul/ Kim Seung Chul/SaSe/IdrA/Ret Fighting! BW4Life
Logros
Profile Joined September 2010
Netherlands9913 Posts
December 13 2011 11:43 GMT
#14245
Nice article by Dave Tate: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/most_recent/iron_evolution_phase_7
The entire series is a great read. It's pretty insane with what injuries he still lifted and how those top powerlifters train.

Also happy birthday Phyre!
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
December 13 2011 17:24 GMT
#14246
Anyone else doing the Insanity series of DVDs? Pretty good burn.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 18:11:32
December 13 2011 18:10 GMT
#14247
On December 14 2011 02:24 Zorkmid wrote:
Anyone else doing the Insanity series of DVDs? Pretty good burn.


Most people wanna get big and strong here, so i don't think there are many people who do that.

edit: pressed 62.5kg 3x5 today, yay me. just wanted to share my recent success.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 18:26:33
December 13 2011 18:26 GMT
#14248
On December 14 2011 03:10 glurio wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2011 02:24 Zorkmid wrote:
Anyone else doing the Insanity series of DVDs? Pretty good burn.


Most people wanna get big and strong here, so i don't think there are many people who do that.

edit: pressed 62.5kg 3x5 today, yay me. just wanted to share my recent success.


I'm mostly trying to get my vertical leap back, I'm still big a strong, just that I can barely dunk anymore, and just joined a league full of beasts.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
December 13 2011 19:00 GMT
#14249
A program like starting strength is probably still a lot better for that than insanity.
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
December 13 2011 19:07 GMT
#14250
On December 14 2011 04:00 glurio wrote:
A program like starting strength is probably still a lot better for that than insanity.


Alot of the exercises in insanity are similar to the ones from Air Alert I did when I was a teenager, I've gone from 23" to 29" so far, I was near 40" in high school. I used to have tendonitis in my left knee, I hope that I can get there without putting too much of a strain.
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 13 2011 19:50 GMT
#14251
40? That's fucking ridiculous
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GumThief
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada284 Posts
December 13 2011 19:54 GMT
#14252
On December 14 2011 04:07 Zorkmid wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2011 04:00 glurio wrote:
A program like starting strength is probably still a lot better for that than insanity.


Alot of the exercises in insanity are similar to the ones from Air Alert I did when I was a teenager, I've gone from 23" to 29" so far, I was near 40" in high school. I used to have tendonitis in my left knee, I hope that I can get there without putting too much of a strain.



Yeah my girlfriend does it and loves it. She's done P90X, insanity, and asylum. Now is on some p90x/insanity hybrid program. She's cut! But for pure athleticism I wouldn't necessarily recommend that...
:))
TheResidentEvil
Profile Joined September 2010
United States991 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 20:19:34
December 13 2011 20:18 GMT
#14253
i am doing vertical leap training but I am doing vertical jump bible. Just added 2 days of plyos so i do 2 days of weight room and 2 days of plyos. I could not finish the 1st day of plyos. I did about 85% and was dead.
Zorkmid
Profile Joined November 2008
4410 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 20:24:15
December 13 2011 20:23 GMT
#14254
On December 14 2011 05:18 TheResidentEvil wrote:
i am doing vertical leap training but I am doing vertical jump bible. Just added 2 days of plyos so i do 2 days of weight room and 2 days of plyos. I could not finish the 1st day of plyos. I did about 85% and was dead.


Plyometrics are killer man, but they pay off in a big way. 3 of us did the strength show thing and air alert from grades 8-12, all 3 of us got around 40" verts (we're 6'4 - 5'9). I miss those days as a gym rat where dunking was the only thing on earth that mattered.

If I remember correctly near the end of the cycle you're doing like 3000 jumps in one session.
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 13 2011 23:26 GMT
#14255
Make sure you are sufficiently strong (e.g. can squat and deadlift 2x bodyweight) before doing any significant amount of plyometrics. Otherwise you may be putting yourself at injury risk.
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-14 00:42:53
December 14 2011 00:41 GMT
#14256
Hit the gym today, got some good advice on my cleans and on how to get under the bar. If I were using the strength I have, I'd be cleaning more than I weigh... but I'm just too damn slow, and I'm really pulling the bar up, so I'm stuck at 175 lbs. Some guy there was snatching just under 100kg, it's the first time I've seen a proper snatch that wasn't on the internet.

It's a pretty impressive lift. I'd like to learn to do that some day.

Also @eshlow:
I don't see myself squatting 370 lbs in the next year - and a year from now I'll hopefully weigh more anyway. Does that really mean I shouldn't try plyometrics eventually, or just that I should be careful about them?
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 14 2011 00:43 GMT
#14257
Phyre check out my post in the oly lifting thread and see if that helps you at all. And don't be a bitch, of course you can squat 370 by next year.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 14 2011 00:57 GMT
#14258
On December 14 2011 09:43 decafchicken wrote:
Phyre check out my post in the oly lifting thread and see if that helps you at all. And don't be a bitch, of course you can squat 370 by next year.


I should be squatting 440 by next year. But I should also weigh 220. I'm sure that will make a difference. I can see it being a possibility to squat that much... it depends on how often rugby practices end up being though. I only added half what I wanted to to my squat this fall, because I had practice every day and there was no way in hell I could squat after that. Also, I'll need to keep my sleep in check.

Should put on another 20 or 30 pounds over winter break though. Got a month to do it anyway... Starts friday, here we go!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
December 14 2011 01:14 GMT
#14259
Here's all my lifts from the weekend meet:


how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
Catch
Profile Joined September 2010
United States616 Posts
December 14 2011 02:02 GMT
#14260
On December 14 2011 08:26 eshlow wrote:
Make sure you are sufficiently strong (e.g. can squat and deadlift 2x bodyweight) before doing any significant amount of plyometrics. Otherwise you may be putting yourself at injury risk.


Eshlow can you tell me why this is? Why must you be strong before doing a lot of plyometrics? I am curious.
Victory Loves Preparation
Prev 1 711 712 713 714 715 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 36m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 521
UpATreeSC 110
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 960
Dewaltoss 120
firebathero 83
Zeus 69
Trap 43
910 39
Bale 23
NaDa 19
ToSsGirL 19
JYJ 17
[ Show more ]
zelot 14
Shine 12
Dota 2
Gorgc5940
420jenkins234
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1230
Fnx 918
edward66
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS133
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu1896
Other Games
summit1g4752
Grubby3068
Beastyqt701
B2W.Neo607
byalli413
C9.Mang0164
KnowMe160
TKL 148
shahzam90
BRAT_OK 67
Chillindude14
Railgan14
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV261
BasetradeTV251
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream115
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki41
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur377
• WagamamaTV290
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 36m
Kung Fu Cup
15h 36m
Stellar Fest
17h 36m
The PondCast
1d 14h
OSC
1d 17h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.