• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:22
CEST 20:22
KST 03:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8530 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 708

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 706 707 708 709 710 730 Next
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
December 08 2011 20:18 GMT
#14141
On December 09 2011 05:07 beberly wrote:
My OHP still sucks, and I failed my last rep last time (did 5-5-4-(20 second rest)-1, so count it?). I might get a couple of 1.25 lb. plates and use those...the 5 lbs. increases are getting a little too much for that particular lift.


Did you miss any meals and/or not get enough sleep prior? If you can blame that then I would count it and continue moving up the weight. If it was just too heavy then I'd count it as strike one and try it again next time.
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
beberly
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 20:36:05
December 08 2011 20:34 GMT
#14142
On December 09 2011 05:18 DoubleZee wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 05:07 beberly wrote:
My OHP still sucks, and I failed my last rep last time (did 5-5-4-(20 second rest)-1, so count it?). I might get a couple of 1.25 lb. plates and use those...the 5 lbs. increases are getting a little too much for that particular lift.


Did you miss any meals and/or not get enough sleep prior? If you can blame that then I would count it and continue moving up the weight. If it was just too heavy then I'd count it as strike one and try it again next time.


I'm getting my protein, but I'm only eating a moderate calorie surplus (like 200-300 kCals, not the eleventy billion that you skinny bastards get to eat =p). I'm fairly overweight, so losing that is more important to me than becoming as strong as possible as fast as possible. Once my weight drops a bit more, I'll be less concerned with gaining. Until then, I'm fine with slightly sub-optimal progress. Given that OHP is the only thing that I've really had trouble lifting because it was too heavy, I think I still have a bit to go before I hit the wall, generally. If progress on big lifts starts to slow, I'll probably increase my food intake.

My sleep is all sorts of f*cked because it's law school finals time.

Both of these are likely reasons for the lack of progress on OHP. I can't really do anything about the sleep issue at the moment, but that'll only be a problem for another week. If I weren't such a fatass, gobbling more food would be lovely, and it's something I look forward to in a few months when I feel comfortable bulking a little. I just look at it like this: I'm starting my bulk/cut cycle with a cut, not a bulk....

YAY BODY IMAGE ISSUES!!!
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
December 08 2011 20:46 GMT
#14143
As long as you're barely missing that final rep I would keep micro loading the OHP. It's hard as hell to set PR's when you're not sleeping enough.
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
December 08 2011 20:48 GMT
#14144
On December 09 2011 05:34 beberly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 05:18 DoubleZee wrote:
On December 09 2011 05:07 beberly wrote:
My OHP still sucks, and I failed my last rep last time (did 5-5-4-(20 second rest)-1, so count it?). I might get a couple of 1.25 lb. plates and use those...the 5 lbs. increases are getting a little too much for that particular lift.


Did you miss any meals and/or not get enough sleep prior? If you can blame that then I would count it and continue moving up the weight. If it was just too heavy then I'd count it as strike one and try it again next time.


I'm getting my protein, but I'm only eating a moderate calorie surplus (like 200-300 kCals, not the eleventy billion that you skinny bastards get to eat =p). I'm fairly overweight, so losing that is more important to me than becoming as strong as possible as fast as possible. Once my weight drops a bit more, I'll be less concerned with gaining. Until then, I'm fine with slightly sub-optimal progress. Given that OHP is the only thing that I've really had trouble lifting because it was too heavy, I think I still have a bit to go before I hit the wall, generally. If progress on big lifts starts to slow, I'll probably increase my food intake.

My sleep is all sorts of f*cked because it's law school finals time.

Both of these are likely reasons for the lack of progress on OHP. I can't really do anything about the sleep issue at the moment, but that'll only be a problem for another week. If I weren't such a fatass, gobbling more food would be lovely, and it's something I look forward to in a few months when I feel comfortable bulking a little. I just look at it like this: I'm starting my bulk/cut cycle with a cut, not a bulk....

YAY BODY IMAGE ISSUES!!!


hey Im right there with ya man. I wish i could just gorge the shit out of everything in sight. mostly i just want my potato chips and beer back. on the other hand i do force myself to get quite abit of sleep. law school is >_<. sorry bout that, but hey youll make more money than me =P
beberly
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States117 Posts
December 08 2011 21:01 GMT
#14145
On December 09 2011 05:48 Orpheos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 05:34 beberly wrote:
On December 09 2011 05:18 DoubleZee wrote:
On December 09 2011 05:07 beberly wrote:
My OHP still sucks, and I failed my last rep last time (did 5-5-4-(20 second rest)-1, so count it?). I might get a couple of 1.25 lb. plates and use those...the 5 lbs. increases are getting a little too much for that particular lift.


Did you miss any meals and/or not get enough sleep prior? If you can blame that then I would count it and continue moving up the weight. If it was just too heavy then I'd count it as strike one and try it again next time.


I'm getting my protein, but I'm only eating a moderate calorie surplus (like 200-300 kCals, not the eleventy billion that you skinny bastards get to eat =p). I'm fairly overweight, so losing that is more important to me than becoming as strong as possible as fast as possible. Once my weight drops a bit more, I'll be less concerned with gaining. Until then, I'm fine with slightly sub-optimal progress. Given that OHP is the only thing that I've really had trouble lifting because it was too heavy, I think I still have a bit to go before I hit the wall, generally. If progress on big lifts starts to slow, I'll probably increase my food intake.

My sleep is all sorts of f*cked because it's law school finals time.

Both of these are likely reasons for the lack of progress on OHP. I can't really do anything about the sleep issue at the moment, but that'll only be a problem for another week. If I weren't such a fatass, gobbling more food would be lovely, and it's something I look forward to in a few months when I feel comfortable bulking a little. I just look at it like this: I'm starting my bulk/cut cycle with a cut, not a bulk....

YAY BODY IMAGE ISSUES!!!


hey Im right there with ya man. I wish i could just gorge the shit out of everything in sight. mostly i just want my potato chips and beer back. on the other hand i do force myself to get quite abit of sleep. law school is >_<. sorry bout that, but hey youll make more money than me =P


That's true except that I'm still solidly unemployed. I don't think sleep is really going to be any better AFTER law school (unless I'm still jobless), but at least my last semester will allow me to sleep and lift like a boss.

I'll definitely grab some tiny weights and start microloading the press. Tiny increases are better than no increases.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 08 2011 21:59 GMT
#14146
Having finals in med school myself so I can relate. Ideal days are as following:

9.00: start studying
17.00: gym
19.30: resume studying
23.00: start planning sleep

Not much really you do these weeks but it passes quickly...that is what you get for being a lazy ass all semester T.T I never learn....
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
beberly
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States117 Posts
December 08 2011 22:09 GMT
#14147
On December 09 2011 06:59 sJarl wrote:
Having finals in med school myself so I can relate. Ideal days are as following:

9.00: start studying
17.00: gym
19.30: resume studying
23.00: start planning sleep

Not much really you do these weeks but it passes quickly...that is what you get for being a lazy ass all semester T.T I never learn....


True story. I've been doing this bullshit for 20 years of school. Procrastination is in my blood, apparently.
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 08 2011 22:29 GMT
#14148
On December 09 2011 07:09 beberly wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 06:59 sJarl wrote:
Having finals in med school myself so I can relate. Ideal days are as following:

9.00: start studying
17.00: gym
19.30: resume studying
23.00: start planning sleep

Not much really you do these weeks but it passes quickly...that is what you get for being a lazy ass all semester T.T I never learn....


True story. I've been doing this bullshit for 20 years of school. Procrastination is in my blood, apparently.


same here. Only thing I never procastinate is lifting weights !
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 08 2011 23:42 GMT
#14149
On December 08 2011 17:30 NeedsmoreCELLTECH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 16:16 decafchicken wrote:
Snatched 100 a few times (missed a lot though ) and did powerclean and jerk up to 125. Really getting a lot better about being able to flip the switch and beast mode at will...did pc at 90 and didn't think I'd get passed 100 but ended up tying my pr.
On December 08 2011 08:23 Zingpow wrote:
On December 07 2011 14:59 Froadac wrote:
With so much other shit going on I"m having a hard time staying motivated. Dunno exactly how to be more motivated. I have to drive down to gym which is quite aways ,and I barely have any time as it is. I do have enough time, but then I don't have hardly any other time for friends etc.


The advice you've been getting of basically "Stop being a pussy!" is terrible, ignore them. If you're struggling with motivation it's probably because you're not enjoying what you're doing, which is completely understandable if you're spending your time indoors moving pieces of metal around. I'd recommend maybe looking at another form of fitness, maybe something which is a bit more fun, and outdoors. You don't have to go to a gym to be fit, strong and healthy.

Lack of motivation can also be a result from a perceived lack of progress. So maybe you need to re-asses your goals, and have a think about your reasons for why you want to train.

It's completely normal to go through phases where you lack motivation, that's part of the challenge of training, it's like another test or challenge which you need to work on and understand to overcome. Be patient, don't be too hard on yourself, it may just be that it's time to take a bit of a break, it could be your bodies way of getting that. You'll probably come back more motivated and stronger than ever.


Or he can be accountable to us and stop being a pussy

We know froadac has big man fire trapped somewhere in that tiny frame just waiting to put on 50 pounds of weight lifting ass kicking muscle, sometimes he just forgets it.

Yeah, Froadac doesn't want to be fit, he wants to be a monster. Doing zumba may be fun but doesn't get him there. He'll be glad he pushed through. GOGO FROADAC FIGHTING

Yuppers :D

I forgot to ask about this, cause i was a lazy ass and didn't wnat to deal with it...

After further looking at my medical stuff, they said "well, you probably don't want to back squat until after we finish the procedure, it probably puts a bit too much stress on the region of the back where it sits"

So they want me to front squat. Apart from advice from SS anything you guys could contribute?
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 09 2011 00:05 GMT
#14150
Chest up, elbows up for FS... everything else is pretty much as easy as that
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 09 2011 00:13 GMT
#14151
They're going to feel strange the first time, but the form isw way easier to get than back squats. Just stock with them. Chest up, back straight, knees over toes. Get ripped bro.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 09 2011 00:29 GMT
#14152
DARN YOU KNEES OVER TOES

In any case, my surgery is in six months and a week, and it's time I get going again.
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 09 2011 02:11 GMT
#14153
Not that we need it, but another reason to take vitamin D. Study finds link between vit D deficiency and MS.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-16086004
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
phyre112
Profile Joined August 2009
United States3090 Posts
December 09 2011 05:03 GMT
#14154
Did some face pulls while I was at the gym today - just to try them out, nice light weight pretty easy lift.

DAMN have I been slacking on my scapular retraction. Not even three hours later and I haven't been this kind of "tired/sore" in months.
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 09 2011 05:34 GMT
#14155
Restarted SS. Ate eggs. Ate all leftovers in fridge. Back on track XD
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 09 2011 12:01 GMT
#14156
On December 09 2011 14:34 Froadac wrote:
Restarted SS. Ate eggs. Ate all leftovers in fridge. Back on track XD

Woah Froadac you can lift again? Great news!

In other words I hit my 71.5kg bench today, alongside everything else :D I was so assfucking tired lol, yawned for like 15 straight seconds before getting under the bar with squats, and then some more. Couldn't focus at all on technique which ment I got really loose, but I'm getting real damn strong so I got it up regardless
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 17:55:49
December 09 2011 16:28 GMT
#14157
Forgot to mention it before but yesterday during the squats I felt like my body was completly out of oxygen and gave me that feint feeling during last rep so I definetly need to fix that. Right now I inhale when going down and exhale when coming up(the hardest part) but maybe someone can link me to a good tutorial or give any good advice.

Sucks that more and more problems are raising when trying to push this 5x5 with 2.5kg every training:
60kg -> ~75kg(started to slow down a lot) -> ~85kg(needed to stand few sec sometimes before 4th and 5th rep) -> 100kg(now that stupid breathing problem).
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 09 2011 16:45 GMT
#14158
On December 10 2011 01:28 Crawler wrote:
Forgot to mention it before but yesterday during the squats I felt like my body was completly out of oxygen and gave me that feint feeling during last rep so I definetly need to fix that. Right now I inhale when go down and exhale when coming up(the hardest part) but maybe someone can link me to a good tutorial or give any good advice.

Sucks that more and more problems are raising when trying to push this 5x5 with 2.5kg every training:
60kg -> ~75kg(started to slow down a lot) -> ~85kg(needed to stand few sec sometimes before 4th and 5th rep) -> 100kg(now that stupid breathing problem).


Definitely take a breath or two at the top if you haven't been breathing during the repetition
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 09 2011 17:31 GMT
#14159
On December 10 2011 01:45 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 10 2011 01:28 Crawler wrote:
Forgot to mention it before but yesterday during the squats I felt like my body was completly out of oxygen and gave me that feint feeling during last rep so I definetly need to fix that. Right now I inhale when go down and exhale when coming up(the hardest part) but maybe someone can link me to a good tutorial or give any good advice.

Sucks that more and more problems are raising when trying to push this 5x5 with 2.5kg every training:
60kg -> ~75kg(started to slow down a lot) -> ~85kg(needed to stand few sec sometimes before 4th and 5th rep) -> 100kg(now that stupid breathing problem).


Definitely take a breath or two at the top if you haven't been breathing during the repetition

This is not what Rip advocates, or am I missing something?
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-09 17:38:17
December 09 2011 17:36 GMT
#14160
so you hold your breath for the entire set? breathing at the top is perfectly fine (and in fact of vital importance!)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
Prev 1 706 707 708 709 710 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
Laughngamez YouTube
FEL
01:00
ScienceCraft Qualifier
IndyStarCraft 257
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
IndyStarCraft 257
BRAT_OK 67
JuggernautJason19
MindelVK 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 25423
Mini 428
Hyuk 192
firebathero 175
ggaemo 131
Dewaltoss 68
Mong 47
Hyun 36
ToSsGirL 22
Dota 2
Gorgc10023
febbydoto2
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1380
crisheroes1076
Liquid`Hasu766
Other Games
Grubby3125
FrodaN2486
fl0m1079
Beastyqt743
mouzStarbuck189
KnowMe186
Livibee161
ArmadaUGS120
Mew2King52
Trikslyr43
ToD33
Chillindude28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1008
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 78
• StrangeGG 51
• Adnapsc2 24
• LUISG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 12
• blackmanpl 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8605
• WagamamaTV299
Other Games
• imaqtpie602
• Shiphtur307
• tFFMrPink 8
Upcoming Events
BSL: Ladder Tournament
38m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
15h 38m
INu's Battles
17h 38m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
20h 38m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
BSL Open Qualifier
1d
Replay Cast
1d 5h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 15h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.