• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:49
CEST 22:49
KST 05:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8993 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 707

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 705 706 707 708 709 730 Next
Malinor
Profile Joined November 2008
Germany4758 Posts
December 08 2011 00:02 GMT
#14121
On December 08 2011 05:15 Liquid`Sheth wrote:
Hm. I have a gym where I have a membership. Going to go there today and check some things out. I have access to pretty much all sorts of food. And I want to go to a vitamin store at some point as well. I'm going to try mostly things with low to no carbs. My plan that I already have set up is fairly complicated, I'll post it at some point I geuss O.O!


I have lost around 76lb till now. So yeah, if you want some help, definitely just throw me a PM. I get those quiet frequently recently.
In general though, I believe losing weight is a highly individual process, so even if we can provide you with a lot of advice, you unfortunately have to find out stuff for yourself. And in this thread by now there are a lot of qualified people (eshlow's apprentices one could say).
You could also ask your teammate Ret if you want to, he was active in this thread a year or so ago and had great results, so he should be able to help you out quite a bit.
The one thing you have to do though is to log your food and count calories. Read every label, get yourself a scale for the kitchen and log all your stuff into www.fitday.com or a similar site. Generally, don't weigh yourself every day, that just spells disaster. In the beginning I would suggest once a week (always the same day and in the morning). Although succes should be more about the mirror, for guys our size it is pretty hard to judge improvement in the beginning, with all that fat hanging around. This way you are also able to calculate how many calories your body burns every day, which can be quite essential to know.

Good luck and welcome
"Withstand. Suffer. Live as you must now live. There will, one day, be answer to this." ||| "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
December 08 2011 00:21 GMT
#14122
Thank you for much needed berating XD
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 08 2011 02:46 GMT
#14123
Good luck sJarl!
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
DoubleZee
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada556 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 06:38:31
December 08 2011 06:36 GMT
#14124
Couldn't finish my last 2 squat reps at 215 today, and could only get 1 deadlift of 295 up. MUST EAT MOAR FOOD FFFFFUUUUUCCCCKKKKK.

Throughout all that there was a guy beside me with legs like a tree trunk that squatted 505 LBS. I've never seen anyone squat anything close to that in person. It was crazy impressive, and made me feel like a little bitch. It was a nice change of pace from the retards that do full body swing curls on an average day.
Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 08:02:03
December 08 2011 07:16 GMT
#14125
Snatched 100 a few times (missed a lot though ) and did powerclean and jerk up to 125. Really getting a lot better about being able to flip the switch and beast mode at will...did pc at 90 and didn't think I'd get passed 100 but ended up tying my pr.
On December 08 2011 08:23 Zingpow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 07 2011 14:59 Froadac wrote:
With so much other shit going on I"m having a hard time staying motivated. Dunno exactly how to be more motivated. I have to drive down to gym which is quite aways ,and I barely have any time as it is. I do have enough time, but then I don't have hardly any other time for friends etc.


The advice you've been getting of basically "Stop being a pussy!" is terrible, ignore them. If you're struggling with motivation it's probably because you're not enjoying what you're doing, which is completely understandable if you're spending your time indoors moving pieces of metal around. I'd recommend maybe looking at another form of fitness, maybe something which is a bit more fun, and outdoors. You don't have to go to a gym to be fit, strong and healthy.

Lack of motivation can also be a result from a perceived lack of progress. So maybe you need to re-asses your goals, and have a think about your reasons for why you want to train.

It's completely normal to go through phases where you lack motivation, that's part of the challenge of training, it's like another test or challenge which you need to work on and understand to overcome. Be patient, don't be too hard on yourself, it may just be that it's time to take a bit of a break, it could be your bodies way of getting that. You'll probably come back more motivated and stronger than ever.


Or he can be accountable to us and stop being a pussy

We know froadac has big man fire trapped somewhere in that tiny frame just waiting to put on 50 pounds of weight lifting ass kicking muscle, sometimes he just forgets it.
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
NeedsmoreCELLTECH
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands1242 Posts
December 08 2011 08:30 GMT
#14126
On December 08 2011 16:16 decafchicken wrote:
Snatched 100 a few times (missed a lot though ) and did powerclean and jerk up to 125. Really getting a lot better about being able to flip the switch and beast mode at will...did pc at 90 and didn't think I'd get passed 100 but ended up tying my pr.
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2011 08:23 Zingpow wrote:
On December 07 2011 14:59 Froadac wrote:
With so much other shit going on I"m having a hard time staying motivated. Dunno exactly how to be more motivated. I have to drive down to gym which is quite aways ,and I barely have any time as it is. I do have enough time, but then I don't have hardly any other time for friends etc.


The advice you've been getting of basically "Stop being a pussy!" is terrible, ignore them. If you're struggling with motivation it's probably because you're not enjoying what you're doing, which is completely understandable if you're spending your time indoors moving pieces of metal around. I'd recommend maybe looking at another form of fitness, maybe something which is a bit more fun, and outdoors. You don't have to go to a gym to be fit, strong and healthy.

Lack of motivation can also be a result from a perceived lack of progress. So maybe you need to re-asses your goals, and have a think about your reasons for why you want to train.

It's completely normal to go through phases where you lack motivation, that's part of the challenge of training, it's like another test or challenge which you need to work on and understand to overcome. Be patient, don't be too hard on yourself, it may just be that it's time to take a bit of a break, it could be your bodies way of getting that. You'll probably come back more motivated and stronger than ever.


Or he can be accountable to us and stop being a pussy

We know froadac has big man fire trapped somewhere in that tiny frame just waiting to put on 50 pounds of weight lifting ass kicking muscle, sometimes he just forgets it.

Yeah, Froadac doesn't want to be fit, he wants to be a monster. Doing zumba may be fun but doesn't get him there. He'll be glad he pushed through. GOGO FROADAC FIGHTING
Get huge or die mirin | Diamond on LoL
AndyJay
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Australia833 Posts
December 08 2011 09:33 GMT
#14127
Landed on my arse doing fronts squats today somehow. I think I went down once with my weight too far forward and had to take a step forward when I came up to keep the weight, then when I went down next I lent back to correct and went way too far and fell over.

Didn't hurt myself or anything but must have looked pretty retarded.The embarrassment must have given me some adrenalin cause I PR power cleaned the bar back up to the squat rack and finished my squat set though .

Also my front squat is pretty weak but I don't mind too much cause at least I can do them unlike back squats.

Current lifts. Wk7 SS, bodywieght 85kgs.

145kg DL
67.5kg Bench
70kg Power Clean
75kg Front Squat
45kg Standing Press (really really hate these!)
zatic
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
Zurich15366 Posts
December 08 2011 11:20 GMT
#14128
On December 08 2011 18:33 AndyJay wrote:
45kg Standing Press (really really hate these!)

Just randomly going to address this: Press was my absolute failure lift as well, virtuall no progress forever (also couldn't get past 45 with similar numbers on the other lifts).

What did it for me was switching to military press and lots of chin-ups. Actually I can't say for certain if that was the reason but at least after doing 0 presses but lots of chinups for 2 months I then broke 4 PRs in a row continuing with military presses. The switch to military I believe did help a lot to tighten everything more. Currently at 52.5 but at least I don't hate it as much as I used to.
ModeratorI know Teamliquid is known as a massive building
grobo
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
Japan6199 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-08 12:15:17
December 08 2011 12:13 GMT
#14129
Got a pleasant surprise yesterday when i decided to buy another 1year membership at my gym (just at another facility which is the biggest in Sweden)

I had checked their site and 1 year membership with nothing but weightlifting and access to only that facility would cost ~580$/year, but when i got there the lady at the register gave me the goldcard which includes tanning, massage etc. for ~410$/year, it was a regional card as well so i can use it at every one of their facilities.

everythingwentbetterthanexpected.jpg
We make signature, then defense it.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 08 2011 13:38 GMT
#14130
awesome, i'd love to get tan
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 08 2011 14:27 GMT
#14131
Def use those massages man... those ain't cheap
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
Necosarius
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
Sweden4042 Posts
December 08 2011 15:45 GMT
#14132
So I've done some bodyweight strength training and man, my upper body is screwed. I think I've never experienced DOMS like this before O__O

I miss squating though
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
December 08 2011 16:40 GMT
#14133
Had a terrible training today. It started well when I did 5x5 squat with 100kg ( my pr when I started ~1.5 months ago ) then benched 5x5 with 70kg ( 75kg was my pr when I started ) but then when I got to "power cleans" I just noticed that I haven't done a single power clean actually in last 1.5month. No idea how the hell did it take so long to notice that I am using 100% only my arms. Then I tried to move body aswell but I was looking more stupid at that point so I went on to finish first set and fucked up my thumb somehow so I just took plates off and left.. >
eshlow
Profile Joined June 2008
United States5210 Posts
December 08 2011 18:08 GMT
#14134
On December 09 2011 00:45 Necosarius wrote:
So I've done some bodyweight strength training and man, my upper body is screwed. I think I've never experienced DOMS like this before O__O

I miss squating though


Haha yeah man bodyweight uses everything

On December 09 2011 01:40 Crawler wrote:
Had a terrible training today. It started well when I did 5x5 squat with 100kg ( my pr when I started ~1.5 months ago ) then benched 5x5 with 70kg ( 75kg was my pr when I started ) but then when I got to "power cleans" I just noticed that I haven't done a single power clean actually in last 1.5month. No idea how the hell did it take so long to notice that I am using 100% only my arms. Then I tried to move body aswell but I was looking more stupid at that point so I went on to finish first set and fucked up my thumb somehow so I just took plates off and left.. >




Drop the weight on pcleans and just work on technique. That's what you should do if you haven't practiced in a while
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 08 2011 18:28 GMT
#14135
fucking christians and their holidays. Can't go to gym today /rant
Crawler
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Estonia248 Posts
December 08 2011 19:11 GMT
#14136
On December 09 2011 03:08 eshlow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 00:45 Necosarius wrote:
So I've done some bodyweight strength training and man, my upper body is screwed. I think I've never experienced DOMS like this before O__O

I miss squating though


Haha yeah man bodyweight uses everything

Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 01:40 Crawler wrote:
Had a terrible training today. It started well when I did 5x5 squat with 100kg ( my pr when I started ~1.5 months ago ) then benched 5x5 with 70kg ( 75kg was my pr when I started ) but then when I got to "power cleans" I just noticed that I haven't done a single power clean actually in last 1.5month. No idea how the hell did it take so long to notice that I am using 100% only my arms. Then I tried to move body aswell but I was looking more stupid at that point so I went on to finish first set and fucked up my thumb somehow so I just took plates off and left.. >




Drop the weight on pcleans and just work on technique. That's what you should do if you haven't practiced in a while


By not doing any power cleans I meant that I have been doing it wrong all the time. So wrong that you couldn't class it as a power clean anymore. Made up my mind that I am going to remove "power clean" from my program and start doing pull-ups and chin-ups.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
December 08 2011 19:18 GMT
#14137
On December 09 2011 04:11 Crawler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 09 2011 03:08 eshlow wrote:
On December 09 2011 00:45 Necosarius wrote:
So I've done some bodyweight strength training and man, my upper body is screwed. I think I've never experienced DOMS like this before O__O

I miss squating though


Haha yeah man bodyweight uses everything

On December 09 2011 01:40 Crawler wrote:
Had a terrible training today. It started well when I did 5x5 squat with 100kg ( my pr when I started ~1.5 months ago ) then benched 5x5 with 70kg ( 75kg was my pr when I started ) but then when I got to "power cleans" I just noticed that I haven't done a single power clean actually in last 1.5month. No idea how the hell did it take so long to notice that I am using 100% only my arms. Then I tried to move body aswell but I was looking more stupid at that point so I went on to finish first set and fucked up my thumb somehow so I just took plates off and left.. >




Drop the weight on pcleans and just work on technique. That's what you should do if you haven't practiced in a while


By not doing any power cleans I meant that I have been doing it wrong all the time. So wrong that you couldn't class it as a power clean anymore. Made up my mind that I am going to remove "power clean" from my program and start doing pull-ups and chin-ups.

Just work with the bar or really light weights until it feels right. I had the exact same problem and now I feel confident in my cleans (they're no where near perfect but it's getting better every time). I fucking love cleans and haven't done anything that comes close to them.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
inimenesc
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Estonia374 Posts
December 08 2011 19:31 GMT
#14138
I told Crawler they look like reverse curls, but i am no expert and it got better last few weeks.

My training:
Plah, basketball is taking so much out of me, but i did 50kg snatch and few series of 3 with 45kg and few series of 5 with 40kg. I love snatches.
OHP..couldnt do those after snatches because sometimes i had afterpushes snatching, like when i tried 55kg snatch :D, wide grip ohp isnt so easy :/
deadlifts...barefeet FTW, it felt so easy. 100kg 5-5 then 120 x3 was so easy, my record is about 130kg max only.
Also did one thing fro my wrists...my forearms were so tight after that
Also my left hand is stronger than the right hand...hmm...i am right handed btw.
"When game is going full retard, you can only go with it. If you start going against it, if you start going half retard, you´re fucking done for." -n0tail 2014
beberly
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States117 Posts
December 08 2011 20:07 GMT
#14139
Progress Update:

SS Starting Numbers (post-week 5 in parentheses)
SQ: 80 lbs. (145 lbs...had to fiddle with this a bit to correct form problems, which are still pretty rampant)
BP: 80 lbs. (125 lbs.)
DL: 65 lbs. (190 lbs.)
OHP: 60 lbs. (85 lbs)
PC: 45 lbs. (75 lbs.)

I've had problems with form for PCs, but I've actually started adding weight for the past 3 sessions in a row,and it's working out well, so that should continue to go up regualrly. My OHP still sucks, and I failed my last rep last time (did 5-5-4-(20 second rest)-1, so count it?). I might get a couple of 1.25 lb. plates and use those...the 5 lbs. increases are getting a little too much for that particular lift.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 08 2011 20:16 GMT
#14140
Not bad progress beberly!

Your OHP isn't weak in comparison, it is supposed to be way lower than your bigger lifts (sq, bp and dl). I'd say restpausing like that still counts as a complete set. 1.25lb plates are wonderful for progression on the OHP.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Prev 1 705 706 707 708 709 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
ZZZero.O29
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason119
Railgan 65
SpeCial 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16246
Dewaltoss 144
Hyuk 113
firebathero 99
ZZZero.O 29
Terrorterran 20
Mini 19
Dota 2
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift3024
Counter-Strike
Fnx 905
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5562
crisheroes894
Other Games
summit1g6157
FrodaN2606
fl0m892
Beastyqt873
mouzStarbuck441
KnowMe308
ArmadaUGS133
ToD118
Mew2King47
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1191
BasetradeTV197
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream66
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 93
• Adnapsc2 24
• musti20045 4
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 45
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 14610
Other Games
• imaqtpie828
• Shiphtur223
• tFFMrPink 16
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
13h 11m
INu's Battles
15h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
18h 11m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
BSL Open Qualifier
22h 11m
Replay Cast
1d 2h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 13h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 19h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.