• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:58
CEST 05:58
KST 12:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9534 users

TL Health and Fitness Initiative 2011 - Page 705

Forum Index > Sports
Post a Reply
Prev 1 703 704 705 706 707 730 Next
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
December 06 2011 06:00 GMT
#14081
On December 06 2011 14:24 FreezingAssassin wrote:
Well yes, it at least lets me know that I strained the day before. Is there something wrong with working and hoping you feel sore the next day? I'm confused O_O


Delayed onset muscle soreness does not mean you are making progress, nor does lack of DOMS indicate that you are not making progress.

If I wanted DOMS, I would just do 10x10 for all my lifts at light weights. Would it make me hurt? Yes. Would it lead to gains? Probably no.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 06 2011 13:11 GMT
#14082
10x10 is actually a semi-legit way to do squats, but that is besides the point.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
December 06 2011 13:44 GMT
#14083
Are you talking about German Volume Training?
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 06 2011 13:45 GMT
#14084
Yep, I haven't tried it though. Sounds like fun though.
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
December 06 2011 13:47 GMT
#14085
I'm not sure going 10x10 on squats will give you doms when you have been squatting regularly before. I dont know about you, but I only get doms when I do exercises that I havent done for weeks/months/ever.

not that its relevant, just thought i'd add that to the discussion :p
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
RosaParksStoleMySeat
Profile Joined December 2009
Japan926 Posts
December 06 2011 13:52 GMT
#14086
On December 06 2011 22:45 sJarl wrote:
Yep, I haven't tried it though. Sounds like fun though.


I thought that was kind of outdated and determined to be ineffective. I know that you said semi-legit, but I think only a few people use GVT and actually make gains from it.
Sneakyz
Profile Joined October 2010
Sweden2361 Posts
December 06 2011 14:07 GMT
#14087
I'm still getting sore after every workout and I've missed maybe 3-5 sessions since I started lifting, Guess I'm weird XD.
I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.
sJarl
Profile Joined September 2010
Iceland1699 Posts
December 06 2011 14:58 GMT
#14088
On December 06 2011 22:52 RosaParksStoleMySeat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 06 2011 22:45 sJarl wrote:
Yep, I haven't tried it though. Sounds like fun though.


I thought that was kind of outdated and determined to be ineffective. I know that you said semi-legit, but I think only a few people use GVT and actually make gains from it.


Yeah, I believe there are more effective ways to reach your goals.

I still get sore occationally though...
"Witness!" - Karsa Orlong
FreezingAssassin
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States455 Posts
December 06 2011 15:50 GMT
#14089
Oh wow, I thought being sore after workouts did mean progress... I had it all wrong I guess.
"I love when stupid stuff happens, it makes me look smart" - IdrA
Zafrumi
Profile Joined June 2009
Switzerland1272 Posts
December 06 2011 16:23 GMT
#14090
measure progress by the weight on the bar (or by looking into the mirror)
"Strong people are harder to kill than weak people and more useful in general" -Mark Rippetoe
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 17:00:25
December 06 2011 16:52 GMT
#14091
FS: 154 x3x4
OHP: 104x5x3
PU: BW+12kg x5x3

Finally getting comfortable on FS. The weight is still limited more by the rack than what my legs can handle.
OHP keep progressing ez, will try 114x5x3 on friday. I'd really love to keep OHP till I can press my bodyweight once :D
PU felt good, gonna ditch them to start deadlifting again next week though.
Also, even though this might be a bit of a stretch, I was checking weight/height ratio for record holders on each classes, and I should move up (stay) in the 83kg class (current weight 76kg). Of the few "light" guys I could find, Oleksnder kutcher was 5 4" at 74kg (LOL) and pyrros dimas was 5 7" at 85kg. I'm 5 7". Man, those small leverages.
glurio
Profile Joined April 2010
Germany597 Posts
December 06 2011 18:29 GMT
#14092
Isn't 104 more than your bodyweight already?
Whether you think you can, or think you can't, you're right. - Henry Ford
decafchicken
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
United States20168 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-06 19:41:31
December 06 2011 19:40 GMT
#14093
Pounds, not kg i think. Otherwise those are pretty impressive lifts.

Competition in 4 days! Getting a singlet tomorrow so i stop looking like a scrub. Thinking i'm gonna open around 115-120 for snatch and 140 for CJ. Hoping to set some PRs!!
how reasonable is it to eat off wood instead of your tummy?
GoTuNk!
Profile Blog Joined September 2006
Chile4591 Posts
December 06 2011 20:08 GMT
#14094
On December 07 2011 04:40 decafchicken wrote:
Pounds, not kg i think. Otherwise those are pretty impressive lifts.

Competition in 4 days! Getting a singlet tomorrow so i stop looking like a scrub. Thinking i'm gonna open around 115-120 for snatch and 140 for CJ. Hoping to set some PRs!!


Ya, pounds obviously :p.

Good luck on ur competition, hopefully some pointers from mine will help u.

1.- Measure ur grip width from the center on each lift at the gym u train, cause the knurls at the competition might be different. I felt really weird squatting till I noticed that, which I did on my 3rd lift lol.
2.- Pay attention to the rules so you don't miss lifts because of silly mistakes. I missed my first squat because I didn't wait for the "rack" command after a succesful squat, and missed my first bench because I moved my feet. Avoid those.
3.- Bring food and water, and expect competition to start later than scheduled.

Now that I notice its about oly lifting, I think 1-2 will most likely not apply.

Dunno what else, gl and break those PR's.
Orpheos
Profile Joined April 2010
United States1663 Posts
December 06 2011 21:00 GMT
#14095
wait.... if that OHP is in lbs isnt that kinda low? or rather maybe i should be asking how fast should I be increasing my OHP weight as a novice? ive been doing 5lb(total) per workout and ive had trouble keeping it up but i just figured it was a form issue or I was being a pussy.
Hurricane
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States3939 Posts
December 06 2011 21:15 GMT
#14096
I'd say 5lbs is ok. 2.5 if you have access to 1.25 plates is a good idea as well. I stalled on press a stupid amount near the end of SS and was just too stubborn to move down to 1.25 plates.
RIP CHARLIEMURPHY 11/25/10 NEVER FORGET | Hurricane#1183 @ B.net
emperorchampion
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Canada9496 Posts
December 06 2011 22:20 GMT
#14097
On December 07 2011 06:00 Orpheos wrote:
wait.... if that OHP is in lbs isnt that kinda low? or rather maybe i should be asking how fast should I be increasing my OHP weight as a novice? ive been doing 5lb(total) per workout and ive had trouble keeping it up but i just figured it was a form issue or I was being a pussy.


Yeah, 5lb is pretty tough to keep up from personal experience.
TRUEESPORTS || your days as a respected member of team liquid are over
Keyboard Warrior
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1178 Posts
December 07 2011 02:22 GMT
#14098
I want to be muscular by Dec 2012. Lose 10 pound fat, gain 20 pound muslce. Yes I can
Not your regular Keyboard Warrior ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
LonelyMargarita
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
1845 Posts
December 07 2011 03:14 GMT
#14099
Got back up to 2x body weight squats tonight. I really need a spotter cause the fear of death is messing with my form and breathing.
I <3 서지훈
Steeped
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada87 Posts
December 07 2011 04:12 GMT
#14100
Man its been a long long time since i posted in this thread. I pretty much just made a blog post in the progress pic thread haha. I owe a lot to this thread ever since i was introduced to it and the gym my lifes been going really good. Just wanna say thanks and post a small update on progress.

OHP 125lbs today, this is a new PR and i'll be able to do more next week. Felt good putting decent sized plates on the bar.
BP 175lbs also a new PR, i don't get to the gym at the same time as my friend anymore and im worried about going heavy bench without a spotter haha. All the lower body lifts are still working back up to previous maxes... stupid groin injury.
Prev 1 703 704 705 706 707 730 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 212
StarCraft: Brood War
Hyuk 625
Larva 80
NaDa 56
Leta 51
TT1 19
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
JimRising 690
Other Games
summit1g10174
WinterStarcraft424
Mew2King110
ViBE82
ArmadaUGS50
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1360
BasetradeTV243
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream150
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta38
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1099
• Lourlo797
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6h 2m
INu's Battles
8h 2m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
11h 2m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
BSL Open Qualifier
15h 2m
Replay Cast
19h 2m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 6h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 7h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 12h
Replay Cast
1d 19h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.