• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8826 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 77

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1885 Next
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 17 2015 04:13 GMT
#1521
Moonbear or Yango probably know the answer to that one
Administrator
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 17 2015 04:22 GMT
#1522
I know that x/y can't handle the new mega's and such but yeah I'm not sure about the tutored moves. If I had to guess I'd say no but I'd love to be pleasantly surprised.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
sung_moon
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States10110 Posts
June 17 2015 04:25 GMT
#1523
On June 17 2015 12:54 Sufficiency wrote:
Sweet. I think I got all the starters now =)

Edit: gah, I lack the fire monkey starter still.

Edit2: does anyone know if I can acquire a Pokemon with ORAS tutor moves on XY? Like a Slurpuff with Drain Punch?


Yea you can. I battle friends (me Y they ORAS), and then they lent me their 3DS for a week so I can farm BP and then move my Pokemon around so I can get the ORAS move tutors.

Besides Draco Meteor, I forget if there were any useful XY move tutors.
Forever Young
Sufficiency
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada23833 Posts
June 17 2015 04:28 GMT
#1524
A Belly Drum Unburden Slurpuff with Drain Punch (Tutor) would be excellent.

There are a few other good tutor moves. For example Sylveon with Hyper Voice.
https://twitter.com/SufficientStats
TheEmulator
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
28103 Posts
June 17 2015 04:34 GMT
#1525
Speaking of Pokemon, I'm really enjoying ORAS right now (specifically AS atm but I bought both ). Haven't played a pokemon since I played red/blue/yellow, and a bit of crystal long ago.

Moonbear gave me a nice Electrike that owns too!
Administrator
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 17 2015 05:32 GMT
#1526
Man the controls for Geneforge is janky as fuck. Finally visited first village, pretty darn good so far.
liftlift > tsm
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 17 2015 05:37 GMT
#1527
On June 17 2015 14:32 wei2coolman wrote:
Man the controls for Geneforge is janky as fuck. Finally visited first village, pretty darn good so far.

What class did you end up playing?
Moderator
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
June 17 2015 05:39 GMT
#1528
On June 17 2015 14:37 TheYango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 14:32 wei2coolman wrote:
Man the controls for Geneforge is janky as fuck. Finally visited first village, pretty darn good so far.

What class did you end up playing?

Shaper, having a mini army seems like fun.
liftlift > tsm
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 17 2015 12:13 GMT
#1529
Speaking of D3, have you guys seen the preview of the Diablo-themed map for Heroes? This game is cool, it's like WC3/SC custom maps but with "proper" matchmaking.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 12:21:14
June 17 2015 12:19 GMT
#1530
I was playing it with some friends but after awhile got kind of bored. Well after 1 week lol. Every game felt the same and with having to unlock heroes it meant that feeling was even worse. If I could just buy the game to get every hero then maybe I wouldn't mind but with how it works now it doesn't really catch me. They seemed to want a casual game but lock everything behind large sums of money or insane grinding.

Dota 2 custom maps seem like they'll be able to fill the void from war3 so I see no reason to play HotS.

editL: Don't know if I should put this in Red's blog or here. Today was a good day. Finally squatting what I was before the op took me out and my overhead press is at last progressing.. Also got in touch with a girl I used to know from Uni whom I haven't spoken to in 2 or so years so that's pretty cool.
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 17 2015 12:37 GMT
#1531
On June 17 2015 21:13 mordek wrote:
Speaking of D3, have you guys seen the preview of the Diablo-themed map for Heroes? This game is cool, it's like WC3/SC custom maps but with "proper" matchmaking.


HotS reminds me of Dominion in LoL, all objectives all the time. It has some interesting ideas but ultimately I find it to be less entertaining than LoL.

"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2015 12:55 GMT
#1532
On June 17 2015 20:52 mordek wrote:
if everyone that obs'd just in'd and we recognize it's going to be a crappy game but light-hearted it should be fun.

twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Fildun
Profile Joined December 2012
Netherlands4124 Posts
June 17 2015 13:01 GMT
#1533
On June 17 2015 21:37 Seuss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 21:13 mordek wrote:
Speaking of D3, have you guys seen the preview of the Diablo-themed map for Heroes? This game is cool, it's like WC3/SC custom maps but with "proper" matchmaking.


HotS reminds me of Dominion in LoL, all objectives all the time. It has some interesting ideas but ultimately I find it to be less entertaining than LoL.


I had the exact same experience playing Heroes, plus no ability really felt powerful. I wanted my stuff to do something but it never really did anything.
Chexx
Profile Joined May 2011
Korea (South)11232 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 13:15:33
June 17 2015 13:10 GMT
#1534
I am looking for some good Marketing Books. Anybody has any recommendations?
Should be university course level
WriterFollow me @TL_Chexx
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
June 17 2015 13:17 GMT
#1535
There's a thread on reddit complainign about what Metroid should be/could have been and that actually had me looking at some of these newer homage/throwback style games.

Anyone play Axiom verge?
Or heard what's going on re: Ghost Song development?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Zdrastochye
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Ivory Coast6262 Posts
June 17 2015 13:30 GMT
#1536
On June 17 2015 22:10 Chexx wrote:
I am looking for some good Marketing Books. Anybody has any recommendations?
Should be university course level


Blue Ocean Strategy was a pretty good read for my line of work (startup company selling cable ties), I just finished it a couple weeks ago.
Hey! How you doin'?
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
June 17 2015 14:01 GMT
#1537
On June 17 2015 22:01 Fildun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 21:37 Seuss wrote:
On June 17 2015 21:13 mordek wrote:
Speaking of D3, have you guys seen the preview of the Diablo-themed map for Heroes? This game is cool, it's like WC3/SC custom maps but with "proper" matchmaking.


HotS reminds me of Dominion in LoL, all objectives all the time. It has some interesting ideas but ultimately I find it to be less entertaining than LoL.


I had the exact same experience playing Heroes, plus no ability really felt powerful. I wanted my stuff to do something but it never really did anything.


One of the most common sentiments I encounter from players who really like HotS is that they hate LoL/DotA's laning phase. I can see why some people might not like it, and why Blizzard eschewed it, but I think that development period is one of the more compelling parts of the genre.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
AlterKot
Profile Blog Joined January 2014
Poland7525 Posts
June 17 2015 14:06 GMT
#1538
I like a lot of the principles of HOTS (multiple maps, shared exp, no gold/items, short games), the game is just too slow for me in terms of abilities animations and characters movement. Same reason I dislike Dota.
Americans don't like to use unblockables, it is considered not honest. You press a button at the wrong time and hit the other person, you are random, not a top player. You DP Sim's far fierce, it is random and not honest.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-17 14:15:48
June 17 2015 14:15 GMT
#1539
That's all fine. I like the fact there's action from minute 1. If it's a stomp it's only a 10 minute game. If it's epic it's only 30 minutes. The game length is a huge bonus for me. I would much rather play Heroes than League for LLL game night for this reason. Rapid turnover, no games that feel hopeless. You just brawl and have fun. Everyone's interacting with everyone nearly every few minutes. There's lots of little things which are fun, i.e. body blocking. To me it's less of a "sport" and more of a "game".
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 17 2015 14:19 GMT
#1540
The Ship is that game Ghandi is always talking about, right? $2 seems much more reasonable than $10

On June 17 2015 21:55 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 20:52 mordek wrote:
if everyone that obs'd just in'd and we recognize it's going to be a crappy game but light-hearted it should be fun.


I really have no desire to play another one, even if it is less serious. Obs is fine for me.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 75 76 77 78 79 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 633
JuggernautJason60
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16597
Dewaltoss 116
Sexy 37
Bale 12
Dota 2
monkeys_forever245
Counter-Strike
fl0m1390
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1847
crisheroes1132
Liquid`Hasu840
Other Games
summit1g4435
Grubby3677
FrodaN722
Beastyqt665
shahzam441
byalli274
ArmadaUGS184
C9.Mang0171
KnowMe169
UpATreeSC103
Mew2King78
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV205
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream108
StarCraft 2
angryscii 26
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• FirePhoenix12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie880
• WagamamaTV274
• Shiphtur228
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 18m
Stellar Fest
17h 18m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.