• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:57
CEST 17:57
KST 00:57
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8200 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1778

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1885 Next
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
October 26 2017 22:29 GMT
#35541
Yea think I'm losing all interest in Eternal again. Maybe it's just lower ranks but man gameplay just seems to derivative.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 26 2017 22:31 GMT
#35542
On October 27 2017 05:06 WaveofShadow wrote:
I just lend him my account info?

Presumably his issue is with actually playing on MtGO. Otherwise he could just play the beginner phantom drafts or you just trade him the tix.

On October 27 2017 07:29 Numy wrote:
Yea think I'm losing all interest in Eternal again. Maybe it's just lower ranks but man gameplay just seems to derivative.

And I am not surprised in the slightest, lol.
Moderator
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 22:43:11
October 26 2017 22:37 GMT
#35543
Hahaha idk man that freaking Minotaur is just ptsd. It's like an even worse darude. Who came up with this shit. It's broken me. Feel the game is kind of like Modern MTG but creature wise. There's a lot of "if you don't answer now you lose" creatures so games tend to feel like dice rolls more than these close contests.

The close fought contests feel pretty awesome though. So it's such a pity that they don't happen very often.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 26 2017 22:46 GMT
#35544
The community is kind of schizophrenic in what it wants. It hates hour-long Chalice mirrors, it hates Darude midrange decks, and it hates aggro deck non-games.

Honestly its the same as every other CCG. Nobody is happy and everyone just complains about everything.
Moderator
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 26 2017 22:48 GMT
#35545
Just as long as it doesn't have stupid shit like the equivalent of Affinity, it isn't completely awful.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 26 2017 22:50 GMT
#35546
Don't know why you singled out Affinity. Affinity is one of the least-offensive linear decks in Modern.

It has plenty of non-games where it just rolls people over but it's far more skill intensive to play than similar linear decks and doesn't auto-fold to hate cards and make coinflip matchups. I have a lot of respect for good Affinity players because the skill ceiling on that deck is still very high.
Moderator
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:01:59
October 26 2017 23:01 GMT
#35547
On October 27 2017 07:50 TheYango wrote:
Don't know why you singled out Affinity. Affinity is one of the least-offensive linear decks in Modern.

It has plenty of non-games where it just rolls people over but it's far more skill intensive to play than similar linear decks and doesn't auto-fold to hate cards and make coinflip matchups. I have a lot of respect for good Affinity players because the skill ceiling on that deck is still very high.

I'm talking back when Affinity was in Standard and you were either playing that or Tooth and Nail because Affinity forced everything else out of the meta.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-26 23:40:09
October 26 2017 23:36 GMT
#35548
Edit: what's going on with Eternal? I'm pretty much just firing a Rakkano plate game once or twice a week for daily rewards and have just drafted my first time with Omens because I couldn't be arsed to get my quest done with the Forge (spoiler: I heard that the format tends to go 3c but I'm doing it with little fixing, I prob fucked up a ton along the way).

I know MTGO doesn't take much resources, but with the state my laptop is in, and the split real/virtual, I'm simply not that interested, I'd go on xmage instead (actually I'm not even sure if I can stream well, do you remember how it was when you watched me do it with Eternal through skype?).

What people used to do was write down the card n° of each pick and they had a website that compiled it all. It may still exist but they don't do that anymore. I could ask, tho they'll probably forget at some point and I won't have complete data.

I did draft badly tonight.
+ Show Spoiler +
P1P1 was between Bonded Horncrest, Fathom Fleet Firebrand, Pirate's Cutlass and some other stuff, I took the Horncrest because it's so powerful in a curve-out but in retrospective the Cutlass should have been the pick. Then pick 2 I passed Otepec Huntmaster just because I don't like dinos that much, I think I picked some Black pirate above it.
At the end of pack 1 I was mostly B, with a couple U and R cards. I thought initially I might be BR but checking back on my picks late in the pick I had one blue, one red, full black, and I expected people to my left to have moved into red as I passed more of it (notably the first pack). I also regretted passing a One with the Wind mid-pack 2, but with less experienced drafters to my right I figured it might not be a signal from them, but still UB isn't as aggro as UR/BR so I'd need the evasion. G was cut very early and W dried toward the end, the other 3 had stuff, so I expected pack 2 to give me a lot of green and no red based on previous drafts.

Pack 2 flowed with green, and red that was dino-specific in the beginning, but I mostly got blue... then late removal (neighbour told me "see, this is how you don't counterpicked" passing me a Contract Killing, since I'm upfront about the fact that I counterpick when given empty packs starting late pack 2). And a fairly late Deadeye Plunderers, which seemed like a reward for UB... 'cept that I didn't have many treasure-makers, and nothing to splash yet. Figured I could go UB or BR still.

Pack 3 I passed a Lightning Strike for something else that consolidated me in U (maybe Siren Stormtamer?) hoping to wheel a second copy of Plunderers. I picked up a cutlass and some tempo cards in blue, nothing great aside from another Vanquish and Scoundrels in black, and Plunderers didn't wheel. I passed Tempest Caller for the Cutlass or something too? Lots of frustrating picks, I also let go of the only Siren Lookout I saw of the evening. Blue was flowing with bounce and pirate's prizes but these weren't what I needed. Nothing bomb-y for me to splash but I passed a Hoarder for Bloodletter in pack 2 and Prosperous Pirates for Run Aground in pack 3.

I ended up with 12 or 13 creatures, lots of them in multiples (Stormtamers, Bloodletters, Castaways) and aside from the Plunderers all of them costed 3 or less.
Only one cutlass and one skulduggery (we didn't really open many of them), 2 Vanquish, one Contract Killing, Perilous Voyage, Run Aground, some flyers, a cutlass, a Mark of the Vampire... really my ground creatures wouldn't go through anything, and barely trade, and my air force was meager.
Treasure Map just in case.

Sideboard had 2x Heartless Pillage, 2x Duress, Depths of Desire, that 4/6 ship, Dive Down... at least I had options (but no Opts).

I probably could have moved into some kind of red dino deck, tho I correctly identified G/W cut (two GW drafters in the 3 people to my right). Across me was another UB, without my flyers, cutlass or tempo, but a better ground and soem bombs (River's Rebuke and got passed Banner).
To my left I expected him to be in R after all that I passed, he turned out to be UR, but more dinos than pirates.

I'd be curious to see that draft again, maybe drafting differently would have gone better but R wasn't going well for pirates and UB may not have been optimal.
In the end I reached the finals mostly because my GW opponent match 1 had slow hands and still almost outraced me, then the UB mirror came down to me tempo-ing as much as possible against bears and 3/3 interlopers and the Banner by chumping and bouncing. He only drew River's Rebuke after he didn't have the mana left to cast it, but that game came down to him having U up and a Stormtamer, me 5 lands, a treasure and Treasure Map ready to flip. I needed to spend one mana to flip so even if the scry gave me a land I'd only have 8 mana and he'd counter a Blight Keeper activation for lethal; so I let him cast a removal on the Keeper, scried a land to the bottom and topdecked a removal for the Stormtamer, dealing lethal with the remaining flyers.

Then in finals I got destroyed by Otepec Huntmaster hasting 3+ toughness dinos, as should be. I'm already lucky to have gotten a 2-1 with that one and it certainly came down to both match-ups and topdecks.

Although for all the shit people give me about the counterpicks and sending weird signals and somehow ending in their colours, I had something like 6/42 cards outside my pair, which is pretty usual for me. There's one guy in particular who doesn't understand me passing something strong P1P1 then still ending in that colour, so it's mostly a matter of philosophy (pack 3 is mine, I'll have no qualms dumping my first pick if that colour appears wide open afterwards).
That and the difficulty of getting enough playables in this format means that I'm less likely to pick something they like much more than me just to avoid them taking it as a signal, or hedging away from a semi-open colour I've passed a couple good cards into, which are things I did in AKH/HOU because you'd get 28+ playables anyway and could afford it.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
October 26 2017 23:52 GMT
#35549
What's going on with Eternal is that Tavrod, Auric Broker is a stupid card.
Moderator
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 27 2017 00:19 GMT
#35550
Oh, right. They even bounce off each other. And he only dies to Deathstrike, Vanquish and a couple other things apparently, which doesn't help.
So Fire Shadow Justice decks playing him and protects and acting as super-warcries for strong weapons? Or just autoinclude that randomly gives card advantage on top of having an impossible to multiblock body?

Back to MTG, just out of curiosity what are the cards you place highest for P1P1s, rares and commons (I'm not asking for uncos we all know the answer)?
+ Show Spoiler +
Local people are up on River' Rebuke, followed by Vanquisher's Banner.
As far as commons go, they'd be disappointed if they had to P1P1 a Cutlass (best common to P1P1 along with Bishop's Soldier imo). I'd consider myself not that badly served with a P1P1 Firebrand either but they don't share that at all.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Dandel Ion
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria17960 Posts
October 27 2017 01:00 GMT
#35551
Vanquisher's Banner

wat

hostage take best rare no contest
common the hammerskull i guess, tho bishops is up there
funnily i dont actually think white is all that great in the format, it just tops out with those

but the real mvp p1p1 is not drafting ixalan in the first place
A backwards poet writes inverse.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 01:16:03
October 27 2017 01:14 GMT
#35552
Well I'm drafting off my box, so let's all joyously apply sunk cost fallacies anyway!
Plus I haven't gotten to combo Freebooter, Deadeye Tormentor, Heartless Pillage and Arsonist to make my opponents sad.

I don't mind white because vampires are decent, RW is playable and there probably is something to be done with UW when it's open. Green on the other hand...
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 04:23:04
October 27 2017 04:10 GMT
#35553
I hate the metric of "what are you unhappy taking" because that's super subjective. In general my metric is "I'm not happy or unhappy taking the best 1-3 commons of every color, but I'm not especially happy if my draft didn't start with an uncommon or rare".

Cutlass is weird because I don't think it's exceptionally powerful but it's a card I expect to first pick often because it's colorless.
Moderator
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 09:35:41
October 27 2017 09:32 GMT
#35554
On October 27 2017 08:52 TheYango wrote:
What's going on with Eternal is that Tavrod, Auric Broker is a stupid card.

I've always been consistent of my darude hatred but even he now seems almost friendly. You can let them uptap with darude, even take a few hits from him and be fine. If you let them untap with purple dickward then you just lost the game. Then depending on which purple dickward variant you facing you also have to deal with the unblockable aegis guy somehow but if you deal with him they throw down dickward and now you fucked. So it's dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

Why is there an unblockable boggles that has a tutor effect for late game in a deck with a efficient beater that has draw on attack. It's like they just hate life.
killerdog
Profile Joined February 2010
Denmark6522 Posts
October 27 2017 11:03 GMT
#35555
Are we going to have to go full manifesto to find out if scip is still alive :s

He hasn't been on anything in a week now
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
October 27 2017 12:04 GMT
#35556
On October 27 2017 20:03 killerdog wrote:
Are we going to have to go full manifesto to find out if scip is still alive :s

He hasn't been on anything in a week now

Scip may still be moving, but he's been dead inside for years.
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
October 27 2017 12:32 GMT
#35557
On October 27 2017 07:50 TheYango wrote:
Don't know why you singled out Affinity. Affinity is one of the least-offensive linear decks in Modern.

It has plenty of non-games where it just rolls people over but it's far more skill intensive to play than similar linear decks and doesn't auto-fold to hate cards and make coinflip matchups. I have a lot of respect for good Affinity players because the skill ceiling on that deck is still very high.

Affinity kind of folds to Stony silence let's be honest.

Also Alaric the reason to play mtgo over xmage is because xmage drafting is fucking terrible with people dropping left and right.
I just want to see what you do in a real draft environment and I don't think it's that much to ask.

Although I do seem to remember you having issues screen sharing on Skype so maybe we could use Discord or something

Obviously we can't force you or anything so if you really don't want to then we won't but it just means we have to sit and listen to you complain forever
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-27 13:55:06
October 27 2017 13:54 GMT
#35558
Affinity is surprisingly decent against stony. It largely depends on if they on the draw or play and what opponent has to compliment stony. Affinity is so dam explosive at times that a stony on the draw can be too late if that's all you have going. Stony does tend to buy you time to find other pieces to close the game. It's not like storm against Rule of Law kind of thing.

That's partly what makes the deck pretty interesting. It has a high ceiling of skill to navigate tough situations.
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
October 27 2017 14:41 GMT
#35559
Depends what you call "actual" draft environment.
Main issue atm is that we've had a bunch of non-8 pods (still over half my drafts in 8-pods, but a 6-man, a 7-man, a 9-man, a 10-man and a 12-man out of 11 drafts) because the number of available people fluctuate wildly. Now that students have spent their budget it's probably going to go down to ~8 people per day I guess tho.

If it's about the skill level we've got several people who managed to day2 a limited GP a couple times, but not enough to make a pod (and while I'm probably top5 if you go by results, I'd be surprised if I day2'd a GP). The overall level has taken a nosedive around Kaladesh which is when a bunch of veterans got caught up in life things or simply lost interest.
And I'd draft even worse because I don't know the people in a MTGO pod to play around their biases and card evaluations.

In the end getting people to write down their picks' card n° would probably work as well as setting up something with MTGO, especially if you're adamant that some of the things I described (like fixing warping HOU drafting hard and wrecking pods on a semi-regular basis) are specific to my experience and didn't affect the format.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
October 27 2017 16:26 GMT
#35560


Sounds like they're trying to make the Overwatch spectator experience not garbage, which is great.
It's your boy Guzma!
Prev 1 1776 1777 1778 1779 1780 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 1283
ComeBackTV 1021
SteadfastSC778
TaKeTV 527
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex151
EnkiAlexander 85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 778
IndyStarCraft 184
Rex 151
ProTech127
BRAT_OK 41
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44859
Bisu 2388
EffOrt 983
Shuttle 591
Mini 486
BeSt 471
Soma 435
Light 434
Larva 367
ZerO 206
[ Show more ]
Rush 199
Hyuk 163
firebathero 79
Sea.KH 69
Mong 63
910 62
Pusan 57
Liquid`Ret 54
Snow 53
Sexy 42
ToSsGirL 35
Aegong 32
Trap 29
Bale 24
Terrorterran 23
JYJ 20
Shine 19
Rock 16
Sacsri 11
yabsab 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 10
Dota 2
Gorgc8760
qojqva1070
Counter-Strike
fl0m829
Fnx 822
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1613
Khaldor1154
Other Games
singsing1876
hiko1436
Beastyqt651
Livibee196
Hui .170
ArmadaUGS159
KnowMe123
XaKoH 118
QueenE87
Mew2King75
DeMusliM57
ZerO(Twitch)14
CosmosSc2 4
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV250
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• poizon28 39
• mYiSmile130
• StrangeGG 30
• Gemini_19 12
• Kozan
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 43
• Michael_bg 11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3374
• TFBlade366
Other Games
• Shiphtur309
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 3m
CranKy Ducklings
18h 3m
Online Event
19h 3m
FEL
1d
AI Arena Tournament
1d 1h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 3h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 18h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.