• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:29
CEST 07:29
KST 14:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9115 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 1750

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1885 Next
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 19 2017 15:10 GMT
#34981
On September 19 2017 23:47 Seuss wrote:
Sorry bro I'm too busy awakening horrors that live between the angles and taking over the universe in Stellaris.

WHAT WAS, SHALL BE. WHAT SHALL BE, WAS.

I want to play Stellaris as the Imperium of Man

DEATH TO THE XENOS

EXTERMINATUS
It's your boy Guzma!
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
September 19 2017 15:17 GMT
#34982
You can do something like that, just make a Fanatic Xenophobe/Militarist Humanoid empire with the Fanatic Purifier edict and have at it. Everyone will hate you for being genocidal up until there isn't an "Everyone".
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
September 19 2017 15:21 GMT
#34983
Why do I care what subhuman races have to say?
It's your boy Guzma!
ruypture
Profile Joined May 2014
United States367 Posts
September 19 2017 15:49 GMT
#34984
On September 19 2017 21:39 Sunaj wrote:
I did mage Div 1, so wanted to try something a bit different this time. I have kind of an obsession with spears, so I started with a spear (metamorph) but did a custom class, but even tho no weapon overlap with rogue/archer, with 3 of us all looking for finesse gear, I'll probably shift to a boring axe/mace guy . Necro is great tho, it gives passive lifesteal, so despite being a spell casting class, it works REALLY well as a cross class for physical damage too.

Is Div2 any similar to Neverwinter Nights? I never played Div1 but i had a few friends who really enjoyed it
어윤수|이신형|이재동|이승형
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-19 16:20:56
September 19 2017 15:49 GMT
#34985
Mostly because to a point, you can in fact be gangbanged to death. So sometimes it's worth it to be able to hide your genocidal tendencies.

+ Show Spoiler +
Sides, it's better to keep xenos around for cattle and eat them.



edit* and Divinity is pretty well a modern Neverwinter Nights/Baldurs Gate in gameplay.
zer0das
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
United States8519 Posts
September 19 2017 16:19 GMT
#34986
On September 20 2017 00:49 ruypture wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 19 2017 21:39 Sunaj wrote:
I did mage Div 1, so wanted to try something a bit different this time. I have kind of an obsession with spears, so I started with a spear (metamorph) but did a custom class, but even tho no weapon overlap with rogue/archer, with 3 of us all looking for finesse gear, I'll probably shift to a boring axe/mace guy . Necro is great tho, it gives passive lifesteal, so despite being a spell casting class, it works REALLY well as a cross class for physical damage too.

Is Div2 any similar to Neverwinter Nights? I never played Div1 but i had a few friends who really enjoyed it


I doubt it. One is turn based, the other isn't. So the combat is quite different. Not sure how to compare narratives since I haven't played the former (did play the original Divinity: OS).
Sunaj
Profile Joined November 2009
Canada2041 Posts
September 19 2017 16:21 GMT
#34987
Wait i thought you could basically go turn based in Neverwinter/BG? At least I think I remember doing that...
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
September 19 2017 17:01 GMT
#34988
On September 20 2017 01:21 Sunaj wrote:
Wait i thought you could basically go turn based in Neverwinter/BG? At least I think I remember doing that...

It's real time with pause. You can have it auto-pause in "turn" intervals but it's still very different from actual turn-based gameplay with a lot of weird glitchy things that happen.
Moderator
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
September 19 2017 18:17 GMT
#34989
On September 19 2017 23:47 Seuss wrote:
Sorry bro I'm too busy awakening horrors that live between the angles and taking over the universe in Stellaris.

WHAT WAS, SHALL BE. WHAT SHALL BE, WAS.

Congrats on getting the only decent story event in the entire game
Is so shallow and boring compared to other 4x games I find it sad. Very disappointed by that game.
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-19 20:42:13
September 19 2017 20:42 GMT
#34990
Story events are icing on the cake for me. Most of what I like about Stellaris/CK2 is making my own stories, and I'm having a blast.

There's certainly game systems that could use improvement (diplomacy, warscore) as well as some of the UI (whyyyyy can't I reorganize planets in the outliner whyyy), but overall I think it's pretty solid. I'm having as much/more fun than I had with Endless Space (which I loved).

Endless Space 2, however, was a little disappointing for me. It wasn't bad, but they stepped backwards on some things while only stepping sideways on others: + Show Spoiler +
Terraforming in ES2 is a fairly strict progression of worse planets to better ones, unless you're Riftborn because they Terraform backwards for flavor reasons but weren't given appropriate bonuses to make that remotely worthwhile. In ES1 it was a lot more nuanced and changed as the game progressed and you unlocked technologies which made the population cap differences and happiness modifiers less relevant..

ES2's race and political systems are almost completely irrelevant. That's good because if they weren't people would hate them as implemented.

ES2's story quests feel like trying to follow a TV series where you skip 2 out of every 3 episodes. There are a lot of, "Wait, when did that happen/that attitude change/who is that???" moments.

Again, ES2 isn't bad, but it was disappointing. I expected more given how good Endless Space was at launch.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
September 19 2017 22:59 GMT
#34991
So, a 6-man planechase game isn't the best first experience for a disruptive Gaddock Teeg EDH deck. Especially when the player to go first has Kynaios & Tiro as general, and the first couple planes just hand free permanents to people who roll well.
At least I stopped the Karametra player from playing his general (since the pillowfort who flipped Norn's Annex and Windborn Muse from planes was fine with my Aura of Silence while it made Karametra cost 7) then kept him off Emrakul while noone saw the need to pressure him or anything.

But 2:30 hours games where not much happens and you don't have a lot of impact because you can't disrupt an entire table are kinda boring. z_z The fact that most people in the group play creatures-heavy decks doesn't help, I need to put Beastmaster's Ascension in or something for my bears to compete.

Then we played an Emperor game to go a bit faster and I got mana screwed while our other side was mana-screwed. That mode doesn't look very fun either unless everyone has decks tuned for it/amongst themselves, otherwise a weak link just get ganged upon and since wraths hurt you more than the opposing team it looks hard to come back too. Not a fan.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-19 23:50:08
September 19 2017 23:43 GMT
#34992
Well, if you enjoy Stellaris, then good for you, but this is why I dislike it:
There is nothing to do, besides exploration in the early game which admittedly is the best phase of the game and upgrading/building buildings on your planets. I don't know if there is a reason to open diplomacy channels unless talking to an enclave.

Although exploration in the early game is interesting, it is usually optimal to have around 3-4 science vessels exploring in the midgame, which makes it a big chore, so much so that they made a tech that allows you to automate exploration LOL. Midgame all exploring with science vessels is about keeping an eye out on notifications making sure they don't try to explore a system that has enemies in it. Not a particularly fun continuation of the admittedly fun early game exploration.

The AI is only competitive because of the massive bonuses. Now, EVERY SINGLE 4x game in existence has this problem, and it fucking amazes me that I have not seen a game since Civ4 that actually adressed this fault correctly. In Civ4, the AI gets progressively stronger bonuses as the game advances to compensate for player skill, which often makes games challenging up to the very end of the game. In some 4x games, the first challenge ends after the first big war. In Stellaris, it ends if AI doesn't declare war on you in the first 40 years of the game, because if you can last that long you should be able to outmacro them to the point that you can start crushing the galaxy. By macroing I mean, keep building buildings at all times on all planets.
"but scip, of course midgame is boring if you win an economy gambit!"
well dear stellaris fan, I think you'll find that on hardest difficulty the AI has fleet power that's about double what you can manage with your fleet limit in the first 30 or so years, and because there is no possible way to outmaneuver the AI when it comes to war (defender's advantage is nonexistant), there is no other possible way to play the game. So the AI gets early bonuses so massive that early DoW will end your game 100% of the time, but once player skill kicks in, which takes about 40 years, the game turns into mostly a joke (and perhaps a skilled player could do that a bit faster than me).

So I've talked about 3 phases: eXploration, which is good and turns boring, eXpansion+eXploitation (managing planets) which is incredibly boring and there is virtually 0 thought involved, it's just a chore to make sure every planet is building a building at all times, there are admittedly some decisions to be made regarding where to colonize planets and frontier outposts, which is made even more interesting by the fact you can't tell at all where the borders will reach xD, but once the plan is established during the early exploration phase, it's an aspect of the game that disappears rather quickly.

And well, eXtermination is also pretty garbage. The only war objective, regardless of what kind of war you wage (except for cheese 5th year missile defense base rush and cheese 2nd planet early occupation exploiting warscore mechanic) is the enemy fleet, once it's destroyed the war is won and nothing else interesting will happen. The war revolves around getting vision on the fleet, wait for it to get committed to jumping somewhere, then destroy it (either from distance or point blank teleporting on top of them depending on your composition). Then occupy everything they have, the only thing to take care of now is make sure transports don't get engaged on by mining stations, because amazingly they will not cruise by when shot by 1 pathetic laser that will take 25 years to kill them, but charge with the 0 weapons of their own.

So I'd say 3.5 of the X in this 4X game is pretty garbage. When it comes to storytelling, managing people etc., I found it pretty lacking as well, if only because there is no point to tracking what is each of your heroes doing, whether they are leading some political party or other, doesn't actually do anything to their daily activity and there is no way to interact with them. I personally also take some enjoyment in roleplaying things in 4X games, but I strongly prefer it is supported by challenging and engaging gameplay, and I just don't find Stellaris offers that. But well, if you enjoy it, I guess it's just my loss
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
rbetenoire
Profile Joined January 2015
United States28 Posts
September 20 2017 00:10 GMT
#34993
What do you think if of Endless Space 2?
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-20 00:16:32
September 20 2017 00:11 GMT
#34994
I'm from Czech republic, what makes you think my graphics card can handle better than DirectX9? :D
When I get access to someone else's more advanced computer, I want to give it a try. Gave a Civ6 a try, and I'm extremely hopeful for when it gets hit by 2 expansions and an UI mod. I think it has the potential to be the best Civ game yet. I've wanted them to implement a culture tech tree since Civ4 and I finally got it ^^
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
September 20 2017 00:47 GMT
#34995
Protip: Don't play Mage Knight after not playing for about half a year without rereading the rules beforehand. I think I spent an extra hour and a half today doublechecking rules and looking up things on the internet.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
September 20 2017 03:39 GMT
#34996
I'd get divinity 2 but I'm stuck on a mac til christmas. so prob not before then at the least.
"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
September 20 2017 04:57 GMT
#34997
I did it LL, I reached the apex of possible awkwardness and situational irony today.

Girl Drama / Blog:
+ Show Spoiler +
So, I mentioned here before that I found this cool nerd girl. Unfortunately that flaked out a little, I think we were a good fit but just timing was wrong, and she was maybe afraid of how fast things between us were progressing and pulled back. Fair enough, things happen.

I happened to meet this girl at my local super market, right across from my gym, where she happens to work. So i've been kind of avoiding buying groceries by doing drive by's to check if she's working, because like 30s of conversation is hard and scary and I'd just rather not deal with it. So last week or so, been needing some groceries, but shes just been there every time I went by. Fast forward to today, I have no groceries. I drive after work, she there, so I hoped she had some sort of late afternoon shift, and just decided I would go back later after I worked out, hopefully she wouldn't be there.

So I slam a protein shake and eat my last salad, and walk to the gym. Finish my work out, walk across the street to grocery store. I'm exhausted and body still pumping with adrenaline from my workout. I see nerd girl there, and I'm just crushed. All this effort to avoid her, and now I'm stuck in a scenario where I need groceries now, and shes the only cashier working this late at night. Shit. From here, I just hustle and grab my shit as fast as I can. Apparently this was a good move, as there is now this large line forming.

I'm starting to get nervous, I'm coming up close to the front. I'm bracing myself for the inevitable awkward reciprocal "hey how are you..." Manager comes in, opens a second till, calls me over.

Thank jesus. I don't even need to worry about the small talk. At this point, the Manager notices my one bag of salad has one leaf that is going bad, asks if I want a different bag instead. Awesome. That is pretty cool of her to notice, and let me pick a different one, made my week marginally better than it would have been otherwise,
while making more work for herself and losing the store money. Manager walks me back to the lettuce cooler,
lets me exchange, and I take the opportunity to thank her for her kindness, and told her that I really appreciated it.

All things considered, nothing bad happens. We're getting back to the till, I grab my bags. Its over. Nothing bad happened...

"Hey, I want you to meet Nerd Girl! You're such a genuine guy, Nerd Girl deserves someone cool like you! She'd really like you, I noticed your Triforce tattoo, and shes real big into Zelda! She's had some bad luck. Nerd Girl this is... Sorry I didn't catch your name?"


NOOOOOO!!!!

-.-

Why tho.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
September 20 2017 05:19 GMT
#34998
That is sort of something I'd write down in a wrinkled leatherbound journal so that in fifty years I could blow the dust off of it and read the story to my and Nerd Girl's grandchildren.
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
iCanada
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada10660 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-09-20 05:35:37
September 20 2017 05:31 GMT
#34999
Oh man, don't encourage me. I think I'm probably already on that line between romantic and creepy and should just leave her alone. I'm still a little smitten, to be honest, don't really understand her hasty retreat. One minute everything is fucking great, from "best date ever" to hours of just chilling talking about life, to a wonderful physical match...

Idk, feel like things went from 100% good to just done real quick. Also, I kinda wonder if I may have been the recent "bad luck". Not really sure what I did, if that is me.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh well, people aren't interested in like 99% of people romantically, that's just life I guess. And due to my pretty boy privilege I've never really had to deal with that til now.

And seriously, I have mad beef with manager. Like 99/100 that turns out horribly, LOL. Why wouild she do that....
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
September 20 2017 06:37 GMT
#35000
Finally, biggest part of my week's workload done, tomorrow I can mostly kick it back. Well, today, actually.

Anyone else enjoying ASL? Tuesday's games were kinda crappy but I loved Monday and I'm really looking forward to when I wake up later today. Sooooooo hyped for Jaedong.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
Prev 1 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech131
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4521
Rain 1805
GuemChi 577
FanTaSy 347
sSak 50
Bale 39
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Icarus 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm204
Fuzer 35
League of Legends
JimRising 655
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1161
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King296
Other Games
summit1g8058
WinterStarcraft599
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick896
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream59
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2147
League of Legends
• Lourlo1192
• Rush922
• Stunt454
Other Games
• Shiphtur826
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
4h 31m
INu's Battles
5h 31m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
7h 31m
OSC
16h 46m
Replay Cast
17h 31m
OSC
1d 17h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.