• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:38
CEST 21:38
KST 04:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9197 users

The LiquidLegends Lounge - Page 126

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 1885 Next
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
June 26 2015 18:06 GMT
#2501
It doesn't really matter how prevalent they are now, Piledriver itself is good enough to make some stupid things possible.
Moderator
MoonBear
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Straight outta Johto18973 Posts
June 26 2015 18:12 GMT
#2502
On June 27 2015 03:05 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 03:04 MoonBear wrote:
WTF GOBLIN PILEDRIVER REPRINT IN MAGIC ORIGINS??

I'm out of the meta, but how prevalent are goblin decks in standard/modern?

In Standard there are goblin cards in the main RDW-style deck (Red Deck Wins) but it uses a lot of not-goblin cards since there's not enough actual good goblin cards to make a real deck. In Modern there's a lot of Goblin cards but you need a really good draw to do much. It's basically a Tier 2-2.5 level deck since you don't have the super broken Goblins like in Legacy. But with Goblin Piledriver in both Standard and Modern you're going to have the opportunity for really explosive draws.
ModeratorA dream. Do you have one that has cursed you like that? Or maybe... a wish?
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 26 2015 18:17 GMT
#2503
Also "fuck you control" I assume? Between the rush/snowball and the protection from blue.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 26 2015 18:18 GMT
#2504
On June 27 2015 02:12 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 01:58 Numy wrote:
Sounds like a typical persecution complex? That's pretty sad if it's the case. My friend suggested to me earlier that people take religion as a piece of their identity so when they see a threat to it they take it as a threat to themselves. A depressing thought.

I don't understand why this is a depressing thought. People make a whole host of things part of their identity.

I've only had the opportunity to listen to NPR for about 15 minutes and chat with some friends who were disappointed. In my mind there's the covenant you actually care about (the marriage of a man and woman before God) and then there's the legal contract. I'm happy for the decision, I think it was the right thing for the government to do.

Also, not mentioned yet is the concern that if a pastor of church does not want to perform a ceremony for a gay couple he/she will have her certification or whatever is stripped. Again, if you actually care about the covenant and not the legal status just do ceremonies as usual but send the couple to the courthouse for the legal part. However, it feels funny to me that a couple could just walk into a church and demand a ceremony and cause that kind of trouble. I'm guessing 95% of gay couples wouldn't do that and would be considerate but there's going to be those cases. I'm pretty sure a ton of churches don't do marriages for people not in their congregation and no one's claiming discrimination there that I know of.
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 02:08 Gahlo wrote:
On June 27 2015 02:04 Numy wrote:
Gahlo's example helps me a lot more though, I have no idea what Brown vs Board of Education is :D. Guess for US people that are viewing the discussion it may not

Fucking. Lol. I completely overlooked that you're in SA.

This is hilarious I thought it was intentional.

Gahlo don't admit you weren't as smart as you looked! :D

@Mordek - I find it depressing because I feel people too often use that as a crutch to justify actions that go against the very core of the belief they supposedly follow. I may be off base here but part of the reason I stopped worshiping Christianity is that I just could no longer handle being a part of this culture that cares more about being "a Christian" than being a good person. To me the latter part should all anyone cares about. It's like people cling to this structure instead of finding out who exactly they are. People are so much more complex than just who they worship.

As for your second point about the pastors you have to think about the Apartheid again :>. It's the same logic as forcing them to marry black people or black/white/asian etc. I have no problem with these pastors losing their certification if they don't do it because more than likely they spread their discrimination to their congregation with their lectures. Those kind of people hold no place in society. I actually think we shouldn't even have pastors anymore or church sermons. Too often I feel all they are is propaganda and a way for like minded people to pat each other on the back. Faith and spirituality are very personal things but instead of dealing with them in personal ways we instead create organized institutions that operate in a way that mirrors a political/propaganda rally. It just feels all wrong to me.

I don't know. Maybe I'm just losing it. The lack of someone to cuddle me as I cry while watching sad anime may be breaking my brain.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
June 26 2015 18:24 GMT
#2505
The persecution of homosexuals is one of the biggest issues I have with the Catholic church. I try to ignore it and focus on the parts that I like, but it has become more of a problem lately.
It's your boy Guzma!
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 18:38:52
June 26 2015 18:37 GMT
#2506
req you make it too easyyyyy

thats right numy come to the antitheist side, i will cuddle you while you cry.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Numy
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
South Africa35471 Posts
June 26 2015 18:51 GMT
#2507
I prefer clams to snails but I'm starting to wonder if I'm just limiting my options and if one will ever come into my life. If you eat something you don't like for the rest of your life surely you'll learn to like it eventually?
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 19:00:13
June 26 2015 18:59 GMT
#2508
I wouldn't say any of your criticisms of the church in general are off-base. My main objective in posting on these topics is to add some more perspectives since it's easy to see all Christians in the same light they're portrayed by the media. I know a lot of reasonable people that follow Jesus' teachings. Just the fact that I recommended the God Shaped Brain puts me on the liberal side of Christians theologically, I have to imagine. My good friend is going to seminary soon because of books like that he's read recently. Setting people free is the goal. It's not all hate and fear here
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
June 26 2015 19:14 GMT
#2509
The Rhode Island ocean is cold, but god damn is it refreshing.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 26 2015 19:39 GMT
#2510
On June 27 2015 03:59 mordek wrote:
I know a lot of reasonable people that follow Jesus' teachings.

well one cant really be reasonable and follow ALL of Jesus teachings + Show Spoiler +
he said "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."
but "reasonable" christians don't follow all the letter of the laws jesus was referring to...
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
June 26 2015 19:53 GMT
#2511
On June 27 2015 04:39 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 03:59 mordek wrote:
I know a lot of reasonable people that follow Jesus' teachings.

well one cant really be reasonable and follow ALL of Jesus teachings + Show Spoiler +
he said "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."
but "reasonable" christians don't follow all the letter of the laws jesus was referring to...

There's also a reasonable interpretation of that statement which is supported by many statements in the New Testament. I mean, if you want to interpret that a specific way, but then say others are perhaps reasonable but hypocritical for not following Jesus' teachings to the letter, that sounds like some oppressive religious dogma...
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
June 26 2015 19:56 GMT
#2512
On June 27 2015 04:53 mordek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 04:39 ComaDose wrote:
On June 27 2015 03:59 mordek wrote:
I know a lot of reasonable people that follow Jesus' teachings.

well one cant really be reasonable and follow ALL of Jesus teachings + Show Spoiler +
he said "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."
but "reasonable" christians don't follow all the letter of the laws jesus was referring to...

There's also a reasonable interpretation of that statement which is supported by many statements in the New Testament. I mean, if you want to interpret that a specific way, but then say others are perhaps reasonable but hypocritical for not following Jesus' teachings to the letter, that sounds like some oppressive religious dogma...

oh whats the other interpretation, seems pretty strait forward to me, also + Show Spoiler +
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven
and + Show Spoiler +
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets
and + Show Spoiler +
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness
and + Show Spoiler +
Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
Scip
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Czech Republic11293 Posts
June 26 2015 20:09 GMT
#2513
what are the things I need installed for game night again?
"It may be pleasurable for some of us to imagine being ravished" - Christopher Hitchens in a debate with feminists RIP 2011 Psalm 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 20:16:15
June 26 2015 20:11 GMT
#2514
On June 27 2015 05:09 Scip wrote:
what are the things I need installed for game night again?


For right now?

League and MAYBE Dota 2 Beta. Gunna see how many people we even have. Marmy and I have a rap battle first anyway

SPENT MY WHOLE DAY RHYMING BRO YOU DONT EVEN KNOW.



Also Goblin Piledriver?

Do you want Monored winning a protour?

Because this is how you get mono red to win a pro tour.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 20:29:52
June 26 2015 20:27 GMT
#2515
Jcarl, would you say swimming is no big deal in your five shorts or you wouldn't go in the ocean with them.

On June 27 2015 05:11 Cixah wrote:
Also Goblin Piledriver?

Do you want Monored winning a protour?

Because this is how you get mono red to win a pro tour.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Seuss
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States10536 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-26 20:30:53
June 26 2015 20:29 GMT
#2516
On June 27 2015 04:56 ComaDose wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 04:53 mordek wrote:
On June 27 2015 04:39 ComaDose wrote:
On June 27 2015 03:59 mordek wrote:
I know a lot of reasonable people that follow Jesus' teachings.

well one cant really be reasonable and follow ALL of Jesus teachings + Show Spoiler +
he said "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid."
but "reasonable" christians don't follow all the letter of the laws jesus was referring to...

There's also a reasonable interpretation of that statement which is supported by many statements in the New Testament. I mean, if you want to interpret that a specific way, but then say others are perhaps reasonable but hypocritical for not following Jesus' teachings to the letter, that sounds like some oppressive religious dogma...

oh whats the other interpretation, seems pretty strait forward to me, also + Show Spoiler +
For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven
and + Show Spoiler +
Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets
and + Show Spoiler +
All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness
and + Show Spoiler +
Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God


The first and second quotes are part of Jesus' sermon on the mount, and it's from the section which is basically Jesus saying "all those prophecies, laws, and histories pointing to a messiah point to me, but I'm not here to do what you think I'm here to do".

The third is commonly used by some denominations to assert "literal" readings of the Bible, but really all it says is that God had a hand in the writing of the scriptures so they're a good tool for learning/teaching/etc.

The fourth is somewhat related to the first and second, only it's Peter reaffirming in part what Jesus said there.


IANA biblical scholar and I'm simplifying, but the core point is there is reasonable thought/theology for most of these questions if you look in the right places (e.g. not the denominations that ascribe to a "literal" reading). I'm not going to assert that the Bible isn't without contradiction or problem, it has plenty of really weird and confusing stuff in there, but it's a very deep document. A lot of biblical discussions have more in common with Bronze-level solo queue than they do theology, reason, exegesis, or logic.
"I am not able to carry all this people alone, for they are too heavy for me." -Moses (Numbers 11:14)
Gahlo
Profile Joined February 2010
United States35174 Posts
June 26 2015 20:35 GMT
#2517
On June 27 2015 05:27 mordek wrote:
Jcarl, would you say swimming is no big deal in your five shorts or you wouldn't go in the ocean with them.

Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 05:11 Cixah wrote:
Also Goblin Piledriver?

Do you want Monored winning a protour?

Because this is how you get mono red to win a pro tour.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

<3 Boogie2988
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
June 26 2015 20:39 GMT
#2518
I don't even play magic + Show Spoiler +
anymore
but I'd be all up in a goblin deck.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Doctorbeat
Profile Joined May 2011
Netherlands13241 Posts
June 26 2015 20:39 GMT
#2519
On June 27 2015 05:35 Gahlo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 27 2015 05:27 mordek wrote:
Jcarl, would you say swimming is no big deal in your five shorts or you wouldn't go in the ocean with them.

On June 27 2015 05:11 Cixah wrote:
Also Goblin Piledriver?

Do you want Monored winning a protour?

Because this is how you get mono red to win a pro tour.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]

<3 Boogie2988


Guy should really lose some weight though :/

//

Anyone else feel that time goes by way too fast. Like the academical year is almost over and it really really doesn't feel like it.
- TEAM LIQUID - doctorbeat on LoL
Alaric
Profile Joined November 2009
France45622 Posts
June 26 2015 20:44 GMT
#2520
I left the academic setting almost 4 years ago. Fuck time.
Cant take LMS hipsters serious.
Prev 1 124 125 126 127 128 1885 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O81
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Liquid`TLO 267
BRAT_OK 89
JuggernautJason86
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 864
Shuttle 530
Zeus 92
ZZZero.O 81
soO 43
Hyun 43
scan(afreeca) 29
Dota 2
qojqva2201
canceldota35
Counter-Strike
fl0m5352
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3677
Liquid`Hasu588
Other Games
summit1g1240
FrodaN1085
KnowMe328
420jenkins268
Pyrionflax176
ToD170
Livibee166
QueenE66
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick697
StarCraft 2
angryscii 28
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 89
• 3DClanTV 69
• Adnapsc2 17
• Hupsaiya 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 17
• 80smullet 14
• FirePhoenix3
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 2236
Other Games
• imaqtpie809
• Shiphtur626
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 23m
Patches Events
19h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 23m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 23m
OSC
1d 3h
OSC
1d 16h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.