• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:44
CEST 21:44
KST 04:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8194 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1426

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 5162 Next
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 19:25 GMT
#28501
On March 15 2014 04:20 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:10 red_ wrote:
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.

Disagree.
I know how DotA works, I know SOME of the items/mechanics and whatnot, but it will be a hell of a long time before I'd ever be comfortable enough with that game to play it all the time.
I'd have to:
a) Know who all the heroes are and what they do
b) Learn all the items, and have a general idea of what to build and when.

That in itself I imagine will take around 50-100 games. We've talked about this before I think, but it's just too much effort for me.


Nah, I agree with red. If you spent an entire weekend playing with people who know what they're doing, you'd learn enough of it to be comfortable playing.

I do enjoy dota, just haven't been in the mood to play it lately.

I've done this before.
It wasn't enough.
Not to say I don't enjoy having my ass exploded by OP shit every so often 'cause it's kinda hilarious, but I don't enjoy the game on a high level and I never will because of the effort that will require.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
March 14 2014 19:26 GMT
#28502
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.
Steam: rook492
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:28:46
March 14 2014 19:28 GMT
#28503
On March 15 2014 04:26 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.



Yuyu has Hieh and Karama. Both of which happen in the first 5? Episodes. There's also "Fisherman" and all the Psychics except for Doctor and Sniper.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:32:10
March 14 2014 19:31 GMT
#28504
On March 15 2014 04:28 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:26 Crusnik wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.



Yuyu has Hieh and Karama. Both of which happen in the first 5? Episodes. There's also "Fisherman" and all the Psychics except for Doctor and Sniper.


Also (while not "end-game" villains), there's Jin, Touya, Shishi Wakamaru, Rinku, and Chu from Dark Tournament.
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:34:16
March 14 2014 19:32 GMT
#28505
On March 15 2014 04:18 Cixah wrote:
IDK, the last "ninja" fight was the + Show Spoiler +
Chidori vs Rasengan fight on the river of the 1st.
. Every point after that to me has been just Mages throwing spells at each other and nothing particualarly "Ninja-feeling." I guess you could call the Chick who was Pain's Sister the most Ninja like, but even the Pain fight itself wasn't anything other than the White Wizard (Naruto, being on with nature) vs a Lich (Pain who was fighting from 9192839182764501723971231 miles a way with rod magic, a phylactery).


+ Show Spoiler +

that was one of my least favourite fights. How is throwing chidori and rasengan against each other interesting at all? Mages and Ninjas is just semantics, every other fight has been constantly using their signature techniques against each other. Like the shikamaru vs hidan fight? How is that a mage battle. What about the puppet fight? The Minato fight vs Tobi? Naruto vs Pain a mage fight? Eh, there was lots of cool shit before he went apeshit foxmode, so much baited and outsmarted with shadow clones and transformations and frog summons Sasuke vs Itachi was magey a bit I guess toward the end.

I don't see how someone who transforms into paper more like a ninja than a mage wtffffff?????
fighting in close combat or long range physically with the aid of techniques is ninja fighting. Throwing shurikens and setting traps or fighting close up is so cool and not shitty naruto going fox mode and sasuke going cursed seal level 2 thats just dragon ball z power up shit
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:35:08
March 14 2014 19:34 GMT
#28506
i submit tower of god as the best currently running battle shonen (the gamer is good as well but too early on in serialization). feng shen ji toes the line to seinen but wins on art alone if also considered

i mean, just look at that full color
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
March 14 2014 19:35 GMT
#28507
ive heard of it, but never about it, is it in anime?
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 14 2014 19:36 GMT
#28508
The only shonen manga I liked was Yakitate Japan.
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 14 2014 19:37 GMT
#28509
On March 15 2014 04:31 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:28 Cixah wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:26 Crusnik wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.



Yuyu has Hieh and Karama. Both of which happen in the first 5? Episodes. There's also "Fisherman" and all the Psychics except for Doctor and Sniper.


Also (while not "end-game" villains), there's Jin, Touya, Shishi Wakamaru, Rinku, and Chu from Dark Tournament.


Tournament guys get a pass on account of something something good guys don't kill in tournaments unless they have to.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 14 2014 19:38 GMT
#28510
On March 15 2014 04:32 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:18 Cixah wrote:
IDK, the last "ninja" fight was the + Show Spoiler +
Chidori vs Rasengan fight on the river of the 1st.
. Every point after that to me has been just Mages throwing spells at each other and nothing particualarly "Ninja-feeling." I guess you could call the Chick who was Pain's Sister the most Ninja like, but even the Pain fight itself wasn't anything other than the White Wizard (Naruto, being on with nature) vs a Lich (Pain who was fighting from 9192839182764501723971231 miles a way with rod magic, a phylactery).


+ Show Spoiler +

that was one of my least favourite fights. How is throwing chidori and rasengan against each other interesting at all? Mages and Ninjas is just semantics, every other fight has been constantly using their signature techniques against each other. Like the shikamaru vs hidan fight? How is that a mage battle. What about the puppet fight? The Minato fight vs Tobi? Naruto vs Pain a mage fight? Eh, there was lots of cool shit before he went apeshit foxmode, so much baited and outsmarted with shadow clones and transformations and frog summons Sasuke vs Itachi was magey a bit I guess toward the end.

I don't see how someone who transforms into paper more like a ninja than a mage wtffffff?????
fighting in close combat or long range physically with the aid of techniques is ninja fighting. Throwing shurikens and setting traps or fighting close up is so cool and not shitty naruto going fox mode and sasuke going cursed seal level 2 thats just dragon ball z power up shit

+ Show Spoiler +
I had forgotten about the Puppet Fight. That one is pretty bitchin. The part in particular I liked was before all the power up shit where Sasuke is whooping the shit out of naruto, then naruto gets like 1 good hit in and both are like on the water doing all sorts of water walking crap. I just find that part particularly interesting.

Shiki vs Hidan was one of those fights where I was more impressed by how OUT of character Shiki got to exact his revenge. I get emotions run high and what not, but good lord that was evil shit.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 14 2014 19:40 GMT
#28511
On March 15 2014 04:25 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:20 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:10 red_ wrote:
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.

Disagree.
I know how DotA works, I know SOME of the items/mechanics and whatnot, but it will be a hell of a long time before I'd ever be comfortable enough with that game to play it all the time.
I'd have to:
a) Know who all the heroes are and what they do
b) Learn all the items, and have a general idea of what to build and when.

That in itself I imagine will take around 50-100 games. We've talked about this before I think, but it's just too much effort for me.


Nah, I agree with red. If you spent an entire weekend playing with people who know what they're doing, you'd learn enough of it to be comfortable playing.

I do enjoy dota, just haven't been in the mood to play it lately.

I've done this before.
It wasn't enough.
Not to say I don't enjoy having my ass exploded by OP shit every so often 'cause it's kinda hilarious, but I don't enjoy the game on a high level and I never will because of the effort that will require.


I mean, I don't even play the game at a high level(my team MMR has been hovering at 3.8k, proudly the lowest in Yangostack), but I'm certainly comfortable playing around in it, especially in ability draft. I also still don't understand every minute interaction in the game, it's hardly a requirement for being a decent, above average player.

Maybe I just have a different mindset, /shrug.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
March 14 2014 19:44 GMT
#28512
On March 15 2014 04:38 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:32 Slayer91 wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:18 Cixah wrote:
IDK, the last "ninja" fight was the + Show Spoiler +
Chidori vs Rasengan fight on the river of the 1st.
. Every point after that to me has been just Mages throwing spells at each other and nothing particualarly "Ninja-feeling." I guess you could call the Chick who was Pain's Sister the most Ninja like, but even the Pain fight itself wasn't anything other than the White Wizard (Naruto, being on with nature) vs a Lich (Pain who was fighting from 9192839182764501723971231 miles a way with rod magic, a phylactery).


+ Show Spoiler +

that was one of my least favourite fights. How is throwing chidori and rasengan against each other interesting at all? Mages and Ninjas is just semantics, every other fight has been constantly using their signature techniques against each other. Like the shikamaru vs hidan fight? How is that a mage battle. What about the puppet fight? The Minato fight vs Tobi? Naruto vs Pain a mage fight? Eh, there was lots of cool shit before he went apeshit foxmode, so much baited and outsmarted with shadow clones and transformations and frog summons Sasuke vs Itachi was magey a bit I guess toward the end.

I don't see how someone who transforms into paper more like a ninja than a mage wtffffff?????
fighting in close combat or long range physically with the aid of techniques is ninja fighting. Throwing shurikens and setting traps or fighting close up is so cool and not shitty naruto going fox mode and sasuke going cursed seal level 2 thats just dragon ball z power up shit

+ Show Spoiler +
I had forgotten about the Puppet Fight. That one is pretty bitchin. The part in particular I liked was before all the power up shit where Sasuke is whooping the shit out of naruto, then naruto gets like 1 good hit in and both are like on the water doing all sorts of water walking crap. I just find that part particularly interesting.

Shiki vs Hidan was one of those fights where I was more impressed by how OUT of character Shiki got to exact his revenge. I get emotions run high and what not, but good lord that was evil shit.


+ Show Spoiler +

I don't remember any interesting water walking shit, like they just walk on water just because they can and if they get knocked in they climb out because they can, might as well just be on land.
it was just like a copy of Goku vs Majin Vegeta. Beating each other up constantly to no real damage and then the bad guy barely wins at the end
how was shikmaru out of character? it was exactly in character to plan out everything as much as possible, he's always been lazy about everything EXCEPT when it comes to his comrades

Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 19:46 GMT
#28513
On March 15 2014 04:28 Cixah wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:26 Crusnik wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.



Yuyu has Hieh and Karama. Both of which happen in the first 5? Episodes. There's also "Fisherman" and all the Psychics except for Doctor and Sniper.

MOTHERFUCKING PSYREN

BEST SHOUNEN EVAR

Actually I don't know if it'd be classified as technically Shounen, but it more or less is. It's got all the good powerlevel and ability stuff without every fight being "friendship beats bad guys!!1!"

And yeah, FMA is kind of the quintessential awesome Shounen. If you start going more towards Seinen, you could also list things like Deadman Wonderland (even though parts of that are kinda won with friendship, it's not the main plot), the first half of Gantz before it went fucking stupid, and Zetman which is sporadic but awesome.

I need to start reading more manga/watching more anime again.
It's your boy Guzma!
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
March 14 2014 19:47 GMT
#28514
On March 15 2014 04:35 Slayer91 wrote:
ive heard of it, but never about it, is it in anime?

Unfortunately not, I would watch the shit out of it though if it was. Full Color pages, insane depth, betrayal, loss, love, amazing fights, it was everything you would want. Being able to see Enryu fight would be awesome as well, being able to turn the atmosphere red just being there and being a boss is what makes him one of the greatest Irregulars in the series, although he hasn't actually been shown yet

Steam: rook492
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:50:59
March 14 2014 19:48 GMT
#28515
a huge problem for me with the friendship beats bad guys is that its always flashbacks and trying to protect someone and not actually people working together

like teams working together well to gangbang is a lot harder to imagine but would actually be a realistic testament to the power of friendship, to which any LoL players can relate when playing against a fed team that's playing really cocky and you make an epic comeback

On March 15 2014 04:47 Crusnik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:35 Slayer91 wrote:
ive heard of it, but never about it, is it in anime?

Unfortunately not, I would watch the shit out of it though if it was. Full Color pages, insane depth, betrayal, loss, love, amazing fights, it was everything you would want. Being able to see Enryu fight would be awesome as well, being able to turn the atmosphere red just being there and being a boss is what makes him one of the greatest Irregulars in the series, although he hasn't actually been shown yet



thing is im mostly just interesting in amazing fights out of that list
my feels for characters is directly related to how awesome they are in fights
(mostly)
.
.
+ Show Spoiler +

3rd hokage pls ((((
THE WILL OF FIRE LIVES ON

Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 19:50 GMT
#28516
On March 15 2014 04:48 Slayer91 wrote:
a huge problem for me with the friendship beats bad guys is that its always flashbacks and trying to protect someone and not actually people working together

like teams working together well to gangbang is a lot harder to imagine but would actually be a realistic testament to the power of friendship, to which any LoL players can relate when playing against a fed team that's playing really cocky and you make an epic comeback

Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:47 Crusnik wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:35 Slayer91 wrote:
ive heard of it, but never about it, is it in anime?

Unfortunately not, I would watch the shit out of it though if it was. Full Color pages, insane depth, betrayal, loss, love, amazing fights, it was everything you would want. Being able to see Enryu fight would be awesome as well, being able to turn the atmosphere red just being there and being a boss is what makes him one of the greatest Irregulars in the series, although he hasn't actually been shown yet



thing is im mostly just interesting in amazing fights out of that list

Which is why it's fucking awesome any time Vash and Wolfwood fight together in Trigun: Maximum. Especially the climactic fight in volume 10.

ooooh that fight tho
It's your boy Guzma!
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 14 2014 19:53 GMT
#28517
I'm here to personally advocate Tower of God as the new Jesus Manhwa of our time. It's pretty damn good, full color with a release each week, and very few fights come down to raw strength (or that "strength of will" bullshit that always happens in Shounen). Seriously Req I know you keep putting it off but DAYUM JUST READ IT HOMBRE
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 20:01:03
March 14 2014 19:59 GMT
#28518
http://www.thespectrum.net/ Has pretty much every manga that's been discussed here, plus the normal ones like Dragon Ball, Rurouni Kenshin, Blade of the Immortal (great series). it's more particular in what series's it hosts, but it hosts a lot of the greats. Shin Angyo Onshi is a pretty good series as well.

www.batoto.com has a much wider variety in terms of what the host, but it does miss chapters since certain groups don't allow rehosting so you need to go to their site to keep reading some series.

ToG has amazing fights and epic weapons, the first time you see Green April's ignition form is freaky. The flash back with Pandemonium, the most recent fights in the Workshop Battles. Part One has a lot of decent fights, but it's mostly games with fighting as a side objective, part 2 has a lot more awesome battles.

On March 15 2014 04:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
I'm here to personally advocate Tower of God as the new Jesus Manhwa of our time. It's pretty damn good, full color with a release each week, and very few fights come down to raw strength (or that "strength of will" bullshit that always happens in Shounen). Seriously Req I know you keep putting it off but DAYUM JUST READ IT HOMBRE


This. The MC gets his ass beat a few times as well, and earns the respect of a dude ranked Top 5 in the Tower.
Steam: rook492
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
March 14 2014 20:00 GMT
#28519
On March 15 2014 01:02 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 00:41 phyvo wrote:
On March 14 2014 21:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 13:58 phyvo wrote:
Just came back from smashing grounds project melee weekly.

that was a lot of fun

outside of getting my memory card stolen

smashers super nice though and offered to replace it.


woah woah woah

where was this and why was I not invited

edit: IT'S IN WALTHAM?! That's where my DnD/Magic/etc. friends are, and also where my sister lives lol. Damnit, that's too far of a drive to make for a Thursday night. I wish this was closer.


It's in Framingham., about 21 minutes west of waltham center. I guess it would still probably be too long of a drive... still at least 1 hour and registration was 6:30-7 (you could call ahead if you needed to), PM tourney tried to start at 7:00, though you could arrive later to play mid-tourney friendlies if you wanted to. It's too bad I already have a ton of stuff going on Thursday night or I would have been there every week since Feb.

I didn't compete in the tournament but for some games you could see me on stream in the audience (efame achieved)! I also did a lot better in friendlies than I expected for someone who had never touched PM before and practices smash once a year, though I only consistently beat another guy who only had melee experience.


hmmm...

that's incredibly tempting - I would love to have people to play with


You should definitely come on the 27th, that's the next time I'll be there. =)
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 20:13:51
March 14 2014 20:03 GMT
#28520
On March 15 2014 04:37 Parnage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:31 AsmodeusXI wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:28 Cixah wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:26 Crusnik wrote:
On March 15 2014 04:20 Parnage wrote:
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.


Magician doesn't end like that, FMA and Yu Yu Hakusho (iirc) don't end most like that, Tower of God has a pretty black/white casting without too many powershifts. Fairy Tail is probably the worst example, I think around 5 straight arcs had at least 1 guy from the other side joining FT, but it made up for it during the Magic Games and the bikini contest.



Yuyu has Hieh and Karama. Both of which happen in the first 5? Episodes. There's also "Fisherman" and all the Psychics except for Doctor and Sniper.


Also (while not "end-game" villains), there's Jin, Touya, Shishi Wakamaru, Rinku, and Chu from Dark Tournament.


Tournament guys get a pass on account of something something good guys don't kill in tournaments unless they have to.


Yu-yu-hakusho actually have very relatable characters though that actually make sense. The characters stick by their morals and don't randomly snap and create giant blood soaked corpse trees because a fucking girl died. There are power levels too, but they aren't ridiculous leaps. There is a natural progression. Idk, I just feel like Kishi isn't a very good writer in general. His earlier work was good, and I think he has some good ideas, but he tends to not understand pacing and how to properly create power levels and tends to randomly swing beliefs too readily. It's like "oh i'm your mortal enemy....lolol jk nvm i'm actually gonna help ya."

Like look at Touya and Jin who you could see from the start were really honorable and loyal, and detest foul play, something completely different from the others on their team (although Gamma seemed to be similar to them). Compare that to someone like Obito who talks about comrades and not leaving them behind, then ends up going batshit insane because the girl he liked died and ends up trying to destroy the entire fucking world. Like jesus christ.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Prev 1 1424 1425 1426 1427 1428 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
TKL 1581
RotterdaM906
TaKeTV 357
IndyStarCraft 192
SteadfastSC157
ZombieGrub98
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 1581
RotterdaM 906
IndyStarCraft 192
MaxPax 164
SteadfastSC 157
RuFF_SC2 137
ZombieGrub98
UpATreeSC 74
MindelVK 22
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 2722
Shuttle 505
Dewaltoss 115
910 70
Mind 58
Bale 16
Counter-Strike
fl0m3972
pashabiceps1399
Fnx 678
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4943
Liquid`Hasu571
Other Games
Beastyqt843
mouzStarbuck428
shahzam342
ToD197
summit1g186
C9.Mang0152
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV213
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• kabyraGe 167
• Reevou 7
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• Eskiya23 13
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade350
Other Games
• imaqtpie860
• Shiphtur325
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
3h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
14h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
15h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 4h
Patches Events
1d 20h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
OSC
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.