• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:30
CEST 03:30
KST 10:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7574 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1425

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 5162 Next
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:10:41
March 14 2014 19:06 GMT
#28481
On March 15 2014 03:53 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:44 Slayer91 wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;


It's all nostalgia brohan, aside from fillers it's been pretty much the same level of average epic goodness all around. There are shitty times and good times all throughout

just watching 1 ep at a time makes everything seem boring so later shit always seems bad

Teut you're absolutely nuts. I can't believe you could possibly defend the later chapters of Naruto. I read through it from scratch all the way up to currently, and it's just as bad x.x


It's not Bleach levels of bad, though, so there is that. Berzerk is still the most badass manga out there, but it's been nearly a year since a chapter was translated...

On March 15 2014 04:00 Slayer91 wrote:
What points do you think were bad? Although it probably peaked at chuunin exams there were some shitty bits especially early on and there were plenty of good fights in shippudden era

the main difference is in chuunin exams they were just a random bunch of guys fighting and it didn't really matter who won so everything was unpredictable
when its good vs evil everything is a bit more predictable in the end result but the fights are often interesting enough.


Have you seen + Show Spoiler +
Madara
just utterly shitting all over everyone? He single-handedly beat Naruto, Kakashi,+ Show Spoiler +
Obito, Sasuke, Minato, the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Hokages, and forced Guy to use the 8th Gate
His power is stupidly high at this point, he's basically a god.
Steam: rook492
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 14 2014 19:07 GMT
#28482
I'm so far behind, Tsunade just woke, plz no spoilers.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Kyrie
Profile Joined June 2013
1594 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:08:37
March 14 2014 19:08 GMT
#28483
good guys and reformed bad guys prevail through the power of friendship and parental love
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 14 2014 19:10 GMT
#28484
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
March 14 2014 19:10 GMT
#28485
I got my first 12 win arena run! :D
http://imgur.com/AzyKh7P
BEAT YA, WAVE.

This was my deck:
http://imgur.com/NUnUTsv

The prizes:
http://imgur.com/xpUhG43
Not the best prizes, but I did get a golden common and a golden rare in the 2 packs.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:13:18
March 14 2014 19:10 GMT
#28486
all the bad guys are orphans so they don't get parental love

anyway i don't expect everyone to like it as much as me because it feels like the manga was literally designed for me personally but I don't see it going to shit like all the negative nancies who show up every week read the new chapter and say how bad it is and how they are going to stop reading

its one of those things where I have preferences which i disagree with objectively
like I might say attack on titan should be considered more of a "superior" manga than naruto, or than A Song of Ice and Fire is superior to Mistborn stuff or Wheel of Time but I much prefer the latters.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 14 2014 19:11 GMT
#28487
The only reason I still read naruto is because I want to know how it ends. We've gone past the point of awesome ninja shit and gone into the realm of "Bitches throwing galaxies at each other".
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
Crusnik
Profile Joined December 2010
United States5378 Posts
March 14 2014 19:11 GMT
#28488
I shit on it, but I'm going to keep reading it just because by this point I've invested too much time to just drop it. Still, at least it's making progress unlike Bleach....
Steam: rook492
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
March 14 2014 19:12 GMT
#28489
On March 15 2014 04:11 Cixah wrote:
The only reason I still read naruto is because I want to know how it ends. We've gone past the point of awesome ninja shit and gone into the realm of "Bitches throwing galaxies at each other".


Still one of the greatest moments in anime.

Who the hell do you think I am?!
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 19:12 GMT
#28490
On March 15 2014 04:10 BlackPaladin wrote:
I got my first 12 win arena run! :D
http://imgur.com/AzyKh7P
BEAT YA, WAVE.

This was my deck:
http://imgur.com/NUnUTsv

The prizes:
http://imgur.com/xpUhG43
Not the best prizes, but I did get a golden common and a golden rare in the 2 packs.

I'll never hit 12 wins BP
I think I've given up on the dream.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:15:43
March 14 2014 19:15 GMT
#28491
On March 15 2014 04:11 Cixah wrote:
The only reason I still read naruto is because I want to know how it ends. We've gone past the point of awesome ninja shit and gone into the realm of "Bitches throwing galaxies at each other".


its actually awesome ninja shit with powerups so its just that instead of competing with shadow clones and transformations and stuff you're competing with throwing galaxies against each other
you just gotta understand the powerlevels are constantly increasing

there is absolutely some stupid shit
+ Show Spoiler +

susanoo pls

but overall its not too bad
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 19:15 GMT
#28492
On March 15 2014 04:10 red_ wrote:
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.

Disagree.
I know how DotA works, I know SOME of the items/mechanics and whatnot, but it will be a hell of a long time before I'd ever be comfortable enough with that game to play it all the time.
I'd have to:
a) Know who all the heroes are and what they do
b) Learn all the items, and have a general idea of what to build and when.

That in itself I imagine will take around 50-100 games. We've talked about this before I think, but it's just too much effort for me.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Kipsate
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
Netherlands45349 Posts
March 14 2014 19:18 GMT
#28493
Come to the dark side guys, we have panda couriers.
WriterXiao8~~
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 14 2014 19:18 GMT
#28494
IDK, the last "ninja" fight was the + Show Spoiler +
Chidori vs Rasengan fight on the river of the 1st.
. Every point after that to me has been just Mages throwing spells at each other and nothing particualarly "Ninja-feeling." I guess you could call the Chick who was Pain's Sister the most Ninja like, but even the Pain fight itself wasn't anything other than the White Wizard (Naruto, being on with nature) vs a Lich (Pain who was fighting from 9192839182764501723971231 miles a way with rod magic, a phylactery).
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:19:24
March 14 2014 19:18 GMT
#28495
On March 15 2014 04:10 red_ wrote:
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.

Depends what you mean by comfortable, though. I've been playing with a friend who has about 270-something games now and sometimes still gets frustrated by being killed by stuff that he didn't know was possible.

At some point it even feels less comforting, because when you have LoL experience you have a fairly good idea how things should play out, but your first 50-100 games of DotA you get frustrated because you get killed by abilities, item combinations, etc. that you just aren't familiar with at all and can't react to, and you start to think "If this were League, I would know how to play that situation, I would know all the skills of the heroes, I would know which items to buy..."


EDIT: Posted after Wave. I think he thought the exact same thing, lol.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 14 2014 19:18 GMT
#28496
On March 15 2014 04:18 Kipsate wrote:
Come to the dark side guys, we have panda couriers.


Bitch please, I have a Baby Roshan.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
March 14 2014 19:19 GMT
#28497
On March 15 2014 04:18 Kipsate wrote:
Come to the dark side guys, we have panda couriers.


I maintain that playing DotA after LoL is the best way to enjoy DotA because you get to laugh like crazy whenever some OP bullshit happens (e.g. every second).
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 19:20 GMT
#28498
On March 15 2014 04:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:10 red_ wrote:
I think if anyone that has played League as much as pretty much everyone here has, took like 1 weekend to play some games with some of us dirty DotA players, they would come out feeling plenty comfortable with the game, unless they're expecting to be 4k MMR super quick or something.

Disagree.
I know how DotA works, I know SOME of the items/mechanics and whatnot, but it will be a hell of a long time before I'd ever be comfortable enough with that game to play it all the time.
I'd have to:
a) Know who all the heroes are and what they do
b) Learn all the items, and have a general idea of what to build and when.

That in itself I imagine will take around 50-100 games. We've talked about this before I think, but it's just too much effort for me.


Nah, I agree with red. If you spent an entire weekend playing with people who know what they're doing, you'd learn enough of it to be comfortable playing.

I do enjoy dota, just haven't been in the mood to play it lately.
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Parnage
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States7414 Posts
March 14 2014 19:20 GMT
#28499
Can someone point me to the shonen that doesn't end every arc with "and the current villian doesn't die but becomes friends with the protagonists and everyone who appeared to of died is just fine."

I'am okay with people surviving and the occasional change of heart but -every- -freakin- time.
-orb- Fan. Live the Nal_rA dream. || Yordles are cool.
BlackPaladin
Profile Joined May 2010
United States9316 Posts
March 14 2014 19:20 GMT
#28500
On March 15 2014 04:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 04:10 BlackPaladin wrote:
I got my first 12 win arena run! :D
http://imgur.com/AzyKh7P
BEAT YA, WAVE.

This was my deck:
http://imgur.com/NUnUTsv

The prizes:
http://imgur.com/xpUhG43
Not the best prizes, but I did get a golden common and a golden rare in the 2 packs.

I'll never hit 12 wins BP
I think I've given up on the dream.


The sad thing is that should be a 12-0 win, but I vs'd a rogue at 3 wins with an *okay* (not good) deck, but she literally drew EXACTLY what she needed every single turn. It was a sad day.
"Your full potential does not matter if you do not use all 100% of it."
Prev 1 1423 1424 1425 1426 1427 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings103
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
RuFF_SC2 125
StarCraft: Brood War
Dewaltoss 320
Bale 13
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm225
League of Legends
Doublelift6378
JimRising 723
Counter-Strike
minikerr25
Other Games
summit1g10303
C9.Mang0337
PiLiPiLi6
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1106
BasetradeTV183
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP147
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 30m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
9h 30m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 30m
Replay Cast
21h 30m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 9h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.