• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10861 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1424

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 5162 Next
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
March 14 2014 17:04 GMT
#28461
You know i had this most excellent thing happen to me..in december i purchased a 2 month subscription to SWTOR. It is now march and i have just recieved my 4th bunch of complimentary cartel coins (game currency purchased with IRL cash u get free per month sub) and my subscription status has said 7 days remaining for over 2 months (the first time i checked it). It was supposed to run out at the beginning of feburary.

Yay!
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 14 2014 17:08 GMT
#28462
On March 15 2014 00:40 AsmodeusXI wrote:
Why isn't my job leveling D3 characters?

I heard there are plenty of job offers for you in China.
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 14 2014 17:09 GMT
#28463
@req I agree league you can definitely goof off and w/e, it's more to do with attitude. New stuff is cool so I plan to play it.

Best glitch mob album?
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 14 2014 17:14 GMT
#28464
On March 15 2014 02:04 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:59 Frudgey wrote:
On March 15 2014 01:54 red_ wrote:
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.


But everyone calls that HoMM, even actually pronouncing it 'hom,' in my experience. I don't think there will be a whole lot of confusion if someone comes into this thread and says, "Who wants to play some Heroes with me?" HoMM would have a number next to it to indicate the game even if you called it Heroes(and that number would obviously be 3, but I digress).

Seconded @ Ketchup though, DotA2 is good, although I have been neglecting AD lately. I feel like I went back to an ex-gf(Diablo) that made some changes and promises she can be good for me now. This is clearly foreshadowing an angry breakup where I then beg DotA to take me back(you hear that RoS, you better fucking deliver).

Point taken, I guess for me though, me and my friends just call Heroes of Might and Magic just "Heroes" but not HoMM. But I rest my case.

YOU WIN AGAIN RED.


I have prevailed on the internet, bucket list complete.

Although I do suppose I see the point in just calling it Heroes when everyone obviously knows you mean HoMM3 because really, why would you be playing any of the others?

Whoa hey now.

I know Heroes 3 is S-Tier. I really do.

But Heroes 6 is something else. Maybe not quite as good as 3, but certainly a very good game regardless.

I also like Heroes 5 but I don't think it was as good as 3.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 17:16 GMT
#28465
Time to watch Day9 play Heroes allllll day
It's your boy Guzma!
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 17:16 GMT
#28466
On March 15 2014 02:09 mordek wrote:

Best glitch mob album?


Drink the Sea if you want slower, chiller Glitch Mob

Love, Death, and Immortality if you want a harder, more intense Glitch Mob
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 17:43 GMT
#28467
On March 15 2014 01:37 ketchup wrote:
If you really want another game to play, yall should be playing DotA2 already. It's fun to play with friends, and it's definitely worth learning a few things from it. This heroes of the storm. meh



Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:35 red_ wrote:

Heroes works just fine, everyone will know what you mean. Not every game needs an acronym as its shorthand.


Champions or Heroes? I actually don't think anyone will call heroes of the storm just "heroes"

You say that as if DotA2 is easy to just jump into.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 17:46 GMT
#28468
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.

Take your dog to the vet.

Red I don't expect RoS to keep my attention for THAT long, but I'd be kidding myself if I said wasn't going to buy it anyway from the beginning. It's a Blizzard game and we're all basically Stockholm Syndrome sufferers at this point---I'm probably going to buy LotV even though I haven't played a single multiplayer game of HotS and haven't even finished the campaign.

In other D3 news, Infernal Machines tonight?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 17:47 GMT
#28469
Holy crap, the lanes in Heroes are soooo short. Like, from outer to inner tower in League short.
It's your boy Guzma!
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 17:48 GMT
#28470
Is it in open beta now or something?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 17:49 GMT
#28471
It's alpha, but there's no NDA or anything so everyone's streaming it.
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 14 2014 17:50 GMT
#28472
Homeward Bound is a classic movie.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 17:50 GMT
#28473
There's no items in the game, right?
It's just you pick your hero and choose a skill order and just play?
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
March 14 2014 17:53 GMT
#28474
On March 15 2014 02:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:37 ketchup wrote:
If you really want another game to play, yall should be playing DotA2 already. It's fun to play with friends, and it's definitely worth learning a few things from it. This heroes of the storm. meh



On March 15 2014 01:35 red_ wrote:

Heroes works just fine, everyone will know what you mean. Not every game needs an acronym as its shorthand.


Champions or Heroes? I actually don't think anyone will call heroes of the storm just "heroes"

You say that as if DotA2 is easy to just jump into.

It's about as easy to jump into as Go.
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 17:55 GMT
#28475
On March 15 2014 02:50 WaveofShadow wrote:
There's no items in the game, right?
It's just you pick your hero and choose a skill order and just play?

From what I can tell, no items and you get your 3 abilities from level 1. When you level up, you get an option of one of two buffs (I saw one that was like MS boost or another stat increase), and then when you hit ult level each Hero has one of two ults they can choose.

A bit different, overall.
It's your boy Guzma!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 17:57:36
March 14 2014 17:56 GMT
#28476
@kainzero In other words a three year old can play it provided he's against appropriate opponents?
Moderator
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 18:05:27
March 14 2014 18:04 GMT
#28477
On March 15 2014 02:56 TheYango wrote:
@kainzero In other words a three year old can play it provided he's against appropriate opponents?

Kind of, I assumed skill/game rules carry over from LoL in Wave's case.

EDIT: Skill as in, basic mouse dexterity, GUI navigation, etc.
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 18:49:26
March 14 2014 18:45 GMT
#28478
On March 15 2014 01:54 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.


But everyone calls that HoMM, even actually pronouncing it 'hom,' in my experience. I don't think there will be a whole lot of confusion if someone comes into this thread and says, "Who wants to play some Heroes with me?" HoMM would have a number next to it to indicate the game even if you called it Heroes(and that number would obviously be 3, but I digress).

Seconded @ Ketchup though, DotA2 is good, although I have been neglecting AD lately. I feel like I went back to an ex-gf(Diablo) that made some changes and promises she can be good for me now. This is clearly foreshadowing an angry breakup where I then beg DotA to take me back(you hear that RoS, you better fucking deliver).


lol. Why should RoS even be bought on release though? Just wait a couple of months, and everyone can play it when it is actually good.

On March 15 2014 02:43 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:37 ketchup wrote:
If you really want another game to play, yall should be playing DotA2 already. It's fun to play with friends, and it's definitely worth learning a few things from it. This heroes of the storm. meh



On March 15 2014 01:35 red_ wrote:

Heroes works just fine, everyone will know what you mean. Not every game needs an acronym as its shorthand.


Champions or Heroes? I actually don't think anyone will call heroes of the storm just "heroes"

You say that as if DotA2 is easy to just jump into.


I'd be willing to play DotA2 with anyone here with 5 man stacks or not. I don't care about losing or not since I'm still learning myself. I believe dota is not as difficult to jump into as people want to pretend it is. It is a different game, sure. It's definitely something you have to get used to, but that's part of the challenge/fun. This applies to every game I've ever played though.
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
March 14 2014 18:53 GMT
#28479
On March 15 2014 01:44 Slayer91 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;


It's all nostalgia brohan, aside from fillers it's been pretty much the same level of average epic goodness all around. There are shitty times and good times all throughout

just watching 1 ep at a time makes everything seem boring so later shit always seems bad

Teut you're absolutely nuts. I can't believe you could possibly defend the later chapters of Naruto. I read through it from scratch all the way up to currently, and it's just as bad x.x
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 19:01:51
March 14 2014 19:00 GMT
#28480
What points do you think were bad? Although it probably peaked at chuunin exams there were some shitty bits especially early on and there were plenty of good fights in shippudden era

the main difference is in chuunin exams they were just a random bunch of guys fighting and it didn't really matter who won so everything was unpredictable
when its good vs evil everything is a bit more predictable in the end result but the fights are often interesting enough.
Prev 1 1422 1423 1424 1425 1426 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Sea.KH 28
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1884
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo573
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
Replay Cast
11h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.