• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:26
CEST 13:26
KST 20:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup5StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BSL Season 23 BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10884 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1423

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 5162 Next
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
March 14 2014 15:01 GMT
#28441
On March 14 2014 23:52 ketchup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 22:55 Shelke14 wrote:
Lol. Mister who took Friday off. Must be nice to have a three day weekend. Think of me while you game today and I'm working day 12 right. Won't have a day off for another twoish weeks


That sort of schedule is ridiculous. Hope once it all ends, you end up with 2 month paid vacation or something.



Lol I won't but it's all good. Mostly my choice, just trying to help out. Hopefully get a few awards for it and stuff. All helps when trying to climb the ladder
AsmodeusXI
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States15536 Posts
March 14 2014 15:40 GMT
#28442
Why isn't my job leveling D3 characters?
WriterTL > RL. BNet: Asmodeus#1187 - LoL: DJForeclosure - Steam: asmodeusxi | www.n3rddimension.com
phyvo
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States5635 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 15:41:46
March 14 2014 15:41 GMT
#28443
On March 14 2014 21:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 13:58 phyvo wrote:
Just came back from smashing grounds project melee weekly.

that was a lot of fun

outside of getting my memory card stolen

smashers super nice though and offered to replace it.


woah woah woah

where was this and why was I not invited

edit: IT'S IN WALTHAM?! That's where my DnD/Magic/etc. friends are, and also where my sister lives lol. Damnit, that's too far of a drive to make for a Thursday night. I wish this was closer.


It's in Framingham., about 21 minutes west of waltham center. I guess it would still probably be too long of a drive... still at least 1 hour and registration was 6:30-7 (you could call ahead if you needed to), PM tourney tried to start at 7:00, though you could arrive later to play mid-tourney friendlies if you wanted to. It's too bad I already have a ton of stuff going on Thursday night or I would have been there every week since Feb.

I didn't compete in the tournament but for some games you could see me on stream in the audience (efame achieved)! I also did a lot better in friendlies than I expected for someone who had never touched PM before and practices smash once a year, though I only consistently beat another guy who only had melee experience.
"BE A MANGO TO SLEEP LIKE A SNORING TIGER" - Monte
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 14 2014 15:45 GMT
#28444
Ugh. So close to just leaving this corporate nonsense.

Hi guys.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 15:46 GMT
#28445
Hello friends!

It feels kinda strange to be working while on vacation, but hey you gotta pay the bills some way, right? I actually find myself missing the snow quite a bit, even though it's like 70 and sunny here. I think I would miss seasons too much if I lived somewhere like Arizona.

Has anyone looked at all the Heroes of the Storm news that's come out in the last few days? I don't know if I could get into another MOBA, but that Blizzard nostalgia draw is just too much for me to look away from. And I know that, even if I get into it saying "I won't spend money", I know all too well that I will in the long run -.-

Hope you all had fun last night and that your Friday is none too stressful!
It's your boy Guzma!
mordek
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States12705 Posts
March 14 2014 15:49 GMT
#28446
If it's as casual as I'm expecting I'll probably love it. Kinda want something I can just pick up and put down from time to time (aka HS currently). I'm too cognizant of my terribleness at League but want a group game to play with friends/bros.
It is vanity to love what passes quickly and not to look ahead where eternal joy abides. Tiberius77 | Mordek #1881 "I took a mint!"
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
March 14 2014 16:02 GMT
#28447
On March 15 2014 00:41 phyvo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 21:38 jcarlsoniv wrote:
On March 14 2014 13:58 phyvo wrote:
Just came back from smashing grounds project melee weekly.

that was a lot of fun

outside of getting my memory card stolen

smashers super nice though and offered to replace it.


woah woah woah

where was this and why was I not invited

edit: IT'S IN WALTHAM?! That's where my DnD/Magic/etc. friends are, and also where my sister lives lol. Damnit, that's too far of a drive to make for a Thursday night. I wish this was closer.


It's in Framingham., about 21 minutes west of waltham center. I guess it would still probably be too long of a drive... still at least 1 hour and registration was 6:30-7 (you could call ahead if you needed to), PM tourney tried to start at 7:00, though you could arrive later to play mid-tourney friendlies if you wanted to. It's too bad I already have a ton of stuff going on Thursday night or I would have been there every week since Feb.

I didn't compete in the tournament but for some games you could see me on stream in the audience (efame achieved)! I also did a lot better in friendlies than I expected for someone who had never touched PM before and practices smash once a year, though I only consistently beat another guy who only had melee experience.


hmmm...

that's incredibly tempting - I would love to have people to play with
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
March 14 2014 16:11 GMT
#28448
On March 15 2014 00:49 mordek wrote:
If it's as casual as I'm expecting I'll probably love it. Kinda want something I can just pick up and put down from time to time (aka HS currently). I'm too cognizant of my terribleness at League but want a group game to play with friends/bros.

I hope in this case it's ACTUALLY as casual as HS because I don't want another game to try and be competitive in/spend tons of time learning/playing.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
ComaDose
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Canada10357 Posts
March 14 2014 16:18 GMT
#28449
im gonna play some heroes of the storm tonight or tomorrow it looks like fun.
BW pros training sc2 is like kiss making a dub step album.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 14 2014 16:19 GMT
#28450
On March 15 2014 01:18 ComaDose wrote:
im gonna play some heroes of the storm tonight or tomorrow it looks like fun.


Look at this guy talkin about how he has a key already...
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Requizen
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States33802 Posts
March 14 2014 16:21 GMT
#28451
Well I mean, you can make any game as casual or hardcore as you like. For as much as we say about LoL, you can just play normals or 3s or Dominion or whatever and just dick around without making it a chore. I'm sure there will be people that are going to be super hardcore about Heroes as well.

On March 15 2014 01:18 ComaDose wrote:
im gonna play some heroes of the storm tonight or tomorrow it looks like fun.

Oh, did you get Alpha? Nice, lucker.

Also can we all notice that you can't shorten it to HotS because they alreaDY RELEASED ANOTHER GAME WITH THE SAME ABBREVIATION?
It's your boy Guzma!
Omnishroud
Profile Blog Joined November 2013
1073 Posts
March 14 2014 16:25 GMT
#28452
Better then having a bullshit abbreviation like BS.
Omni = Capped (RIP TL Account) - LoL EUW: Capped92 - EU Bnet: Capped#1137 - Steam: Capped92
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
March 14 2014 16:35 GMT
#28453
On March 15 2014 01:21 Requizen wrote:
Well I mean, you can make any game as casual or hardcore as you like. For as much as we say about LoL, you can just play normals or 3s or Dominion or whatever and just dick around without making it a chore. I'm sure there will be people that are going to be super hardcore about Heroes as well.

Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:18 ComaDose wrote:
im gonna play some heroes of the storm tonight or tomorrow it looks like fun.

Oh, did you get Alpha? Nice, lucker.

Also can we all notice that you can't shorten it to HotS because they alreaDY RELEASED ANOTHER GAME WITH THE SAME ABBREVIATION?


Heroes works just fine, everyone will know what you mean. Not every game needs an acronym as its shorthand.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
ketchup
Profile Joined August 2010
14521 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 16:43:31
March 14 2014 16:37 GMT
#28454
If you really want another game to play, yall should be playing DotA2 already. It's fun to play with friends, and it's definitely worth learning a few things from it. This heroes of the storm. meh



On March 15 2014 01:35 red_ wrote:

Heroes works just fine, everyone will know what you mean. Not every game needs an acronym as its shorthand.


Champions or Heroes? I actually don't think anyone will call heroes of the storm just "heroes"
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 16:40:33
March 14 2014 16:40 GMT
#28455
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
Slayer91
Profile Joined February 2006
Ireland23442 Posts
March 14 2014 16:44 GMT
#28456
On March 14 2014 09:55 Alaric wrote:
Sounds like something Teut would say. Is you wife Irish, Wave?


Wat, she thought up the most offensive thing on the top of her head and THATS what she came up with
you can't even compare her to me.

On March 14 2014 06:43 GhandiEAGLE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 06:38 onlywonderboy wrote:
Hmm maybe I should try Hearthstone again. I burnt myself out playing against bots last time lol.

? Past the tutorial, you never have to play against bots if you don't feel like it (at least I don't think). Definitely not worth grinding out all of the basic cards on them. Pick like 2-3 decks you want to use, and then dust the cards that aren't for those decks. Ezpz.

Edit: Teut pls, past the fourth volume all of Naruto was a dick measuring contest. Also why would you remind me of that Futurama episode ;;


It's all nostalgia brohan, aside from fillers it's been pretty much the same level of average epic goodness all around. There are shitty times and good times all throughout

just watching 1 ep at a time makes everything seem boring so later shit always seems bad
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
March 14 2014 16:51 GMT
#28457
I want Heroes beta D:.

Not this alpha crap. I'm amazed it's even playable.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 16:54:55
March 14 2014 16:54 GMT
#28458
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.


But everyone calls that HoMM, even actually pronouncing it 'hom,' in my experience. I don't think there will be a whole lot of confusion if someone comes into this thread and says, "Who wants to play some Heroes with me?" HoMM would have a number next to it to indicate the game even if you called it Heroes(and that number would obviously be 3, but I digress).

Seconded @ Ketchup though, DotA2 is good, although I have been neglecting AD lately. I feel like I went back to an ex-gf(Diablo) that made some changes and promises she can be good for me now. This is clearly foreshadowing an angry breakup where I then beg DotA to take me back(you hear that RoS, you better fucking deliver).
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
March 14 2014 16:59 GMT
#28459
On March 15 2014 01:54 red_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.


But everyone calls that HoMM, even actually pronouncing it 'hom,' in my experience. I don't think there will be a whole lot of confusion if someone comes into this thread and says, "Who wants to play some Heroes with me?" HoMM would have a number next to it to indicate the game even if you called it Heroes(and that number would obviously be 3, but I digress).

Seconded @ Ketchup though, DotA2 is good, although I have been neglecting AD lately. I feel like I went back to an ex-gf(Diablo) that made some changes and promises she can be good for me now. This is clearly foreshadowing an angry breakup where I then beg DotA to take me back(you hear that RoS, you better fucking deliver).

Point taken, I guess for me though, me and my friends just call Heroes of Might and Magic just "Heroes" but not HoMM. But I rest my case.

YOU WIN AGAIN RED.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-14 17:05:33
March 14 2014 17:04 GMT
#28460
On March 15 2014 01:59 Frudgey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 15 2014 01:54 red_ wrote:
On March 15 2014 01:40 Frudgey wrote:
Class was cancelled today, so that makes me a happy camper.

Also, to anyone who has dogs and has experienced them getting into porcupines, what do you guys usually do? My dog only has about 6 quills stuck to the front of her face right now. Will they come out on their own or is there something I should be doing?

Thanks.

@red_ See if you call Heroes of the Storm simply "Heroes" I'm going to think that you're talking about Heroes of Might and Magic.


But everyone calls that HoMM, even actually pronouncing it 'hom,' in my experience. I don't think there will be a whole lot of confusion if someone comes into this thread and says, "Who wants to play some Heroes with me?" HoMM would have a number next to it to indicate the game even if you called it Heroes(and that number would obviously be 3, but I digress).

Seconded @ Ketchup though, DotA2 is good, although I have been neglecting AD lately. I feel like I went back to an ex-gf(Diablo) that made some changes and promises she can be good for me now. This is clearly foreshadowing an angry breakup where I then beg DotA to take me back(you hear that RoS, you better fucking deliver).

Point taken, I guess for me though, me and my friends just call Heroes of Might and Magic just "Heroes" but not HoMM. But I rest my case.

YOU WIN AGAIN RED.


I have prevailed on the internet, bucket list complete.

Although I do suppose I see the point in just calling it Heroes when everyone obviously knows you mean HoMM3 because really, why would you be playing any of the others?
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Prev 1 1421 1422 1423 1424 1425 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
INu's Battles
20:00
INu's Battles#21
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
IntoTheiNu 518
LiquipediaDiscussion
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19:00
Weekly #149 (SHIN Mod Edition)
Krystianer vs YoungYakovLIVE!
ByuN vs AqueroN
CranKy Ducklings153
CranKy Ducklings SOOP23
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16996
Shuttle 10860
FanTaSy 2244
Hyuk 888
Horang2 592
BeSt 468
Stork 271
Pusan 241
Mini 188
Last 137
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 134
Killer 132
Zeus 122
Mind 97
sorry 64
Hyun 62
ggaemo 60
PianO 46
Snow 45
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 30
Sea.KH 28
Hm[arnc] 27
JYJ 26
Aegong 18
zelot 15
Sacsri 12
Noble 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe373
Counter-Strike
fl0m1884
byalli998
x6flipin236
Other Games
gofns27140
singsing2873
B2W.Neo573
ArmadaUGS81
Mew2King64
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick715
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 6
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
3h 34m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
7h 34m
Replay Cast
11h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 34m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
23h 34m
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 22h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 23h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.