• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:39
CEST 00:39
KST 07:39
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7410 users

Off-Topic General Discussion - Page 1019

Forum Index > The Shopkeeper′s Inn
Post a Reply
Prev 1 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 5162 Next
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
January 26 2014 04:33 GMT
#20361
Neo should make a list of acronyms that he uses because every time he posts he uses a new one that I don't recognize and I have to look it up.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
jcarlsoniv
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States27922 Posts
January 26 2014 05:56 GMT
#20362
I find it entertaining that 2 days ago scip was bitching about hearthstone - and he's still playing
Soniv ||| Soniv#1962 ||| @jcarlsoniv ||| The Big Golem ||| Join the Glorious Evolution. What's your favorite aminal, a bear? ||| Joe "Don't call me Daniel" "Soniv" "Daniel" Carlsberg LXIX ||| Paging Dr. John Shadow
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 26 2014 06:03 GMT
#20363
Everyone is bitching about Hearthstone.

My roommate DL'd it when it went open and his first complaint was how the game is vastly inferior to MTG. It's the only game he's played for the past week and when I mentioned the spoilers were complete for Born of the Gods, he says "I don't got money for that. I spent 100$ on this yesterday."

Even with my deck list exactly the way I have it built and strifecro's druid he can't get out of rank 10. So idk, maybe he's bad but he's won more PTQ's than I have.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 26 2014 06:05 GMT
#20364
On January 26 2014 13:33 Frudgey wrote:
Neo should make a list of acronyms that he uses because every time he posts he uses a new one that I don't recognize and I have to look it up.

Really? :O
You must not reddit much (or at all) if you don't know what TIL means. :X I will agree that it is definitely one of the more obscure acronyms and it is pretty much isolated to just reddit use.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 26 2014 06:07 GMT
#20365
On January 26 2014 15:03 Cixah wrote:
Everyone is bitching about Hearthstone.

My roommate DL'd it when it went open and his first complaint was how the game is vastly inferior to MTG. It's the only game he's played for the past week and when I mentioned the spoilers were complete for Born of the Gods, he says "I don't got money for that. I spent 100$ on this yesterday."

Even with my deck list exactly the way I have it built and strifecro's druid he can't get out of rank 10. So idk, maybe he's bad but he's won more PTQ's than I have.

Have you watched him play?
idk, I feel like not all game skills are transferable. Being good at MtG doesn't mean you'll automatically be good at HS too. Even though I agree HS is far simpler of a game.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 26 2014 06:12 GMT
#20366
His play is much less focus'd on board control and more focus'd about doing 30 damage. He tends to lose a lot of games when people play "Bullshit" healing cards. He's not a fan of DR. DRUIDO.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 26 2014 06:17 GMT
#20367
l0l, he's doing it wrong then. Maybe he should try Hunter. hue
This isn't the meta for him atm. With Mage nerfed, game feels like it's shifted more control.
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
wei2coolman
Profile Joined November 2010
United States60033 Posts
January 26 2014 06:18 GMT
#20368
On January 26 2014 13:26 NeoIllusions wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2014 13:16 Scip wrote:
go 6-3 in arena, get 60 dust instead of 60 gold. Gg riot I guess you don't want me to play another arena today.

Ofc no cards I could use in my Paladin deck

One of the losses due to a terrible misplay (went for a coinflip with knife juggler when I didnt need to), 2nd was 4turn to a warrior with raging worgen, 3rd loss was to turn9 Ysera (REALLY? IN ARENA?)

TIL Riot made HearthStone.

RNG mechanices no fun,

rng cards = rng teammates.
liftlift > tsm
WiseBagus
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada452 Posts
January 26 2014 06:18 GMT
#20369
No game makes me more angry than Spelunky whoever said it was a fair rogue-like was a liar and they should go slip on some ice.
"When you come at the King, you best not miss"
kainzero
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States5211 Posts
January 26 2014 06:22 GMT
#20370
On January 26 2014 15:03 Cixah wrote:
Everyone is bitching about Hearthstone.

I am convinced that all games in the future will be games that everyone hates playing but they still play it anyway.
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 26 2014 06:22 GMT
#20371
On January 26 2014 15:17 NeoIllusions wrote:
l0l, he's doing it wrong then. Maybe he should try Hunter. hue
This isn't the meta for him atm. With Mage nerfed, game feels like it's shifted more control.


Lol no. MIni's is hilariously dumb. The only time it loses it when people mess with my combat math by healing. I'm not saying healing cards are bad, but it's the same mindset as it is in WoW.

Who ever does it is a complete and total vagina, and should go play Mario Kart with his mother.

Almost as bad as playing murlocs.

WHICH BY THE WAY ARE ALSO STUPID OP RIGHT NOW. #freewinz.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-26 06:29:41
January 26 2014 06:27 GMT
#20372
I've been vacillating for a while over whether I should craft the last 5 cards I need for Cixah's Mini's. 2 SoJ, 2 Faceless, 1 Sea Giant.

Obviously those seems hard to replace, but do you know what you'd replace those with if you didn't have them, Cixah? I sort of want to just see how the deck plays before I take the plunge and craft the most expensive bits.

On January 26 2014 15:07 NeoIllusions wrote:
idk, I feel like not all game skills are transferable. Being good at MtG doesn't mean you'll automatically be good at HS too. Even though I agree HS is far simpler of a game.

It's literally the same as making the jump from DotA->LoL or BW->SC2. Basic concepts apply, technical details differ drastically.
Moderator
WaveofShadow
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada31495 Posts
January 26 2014 06:29 GMT
#20373
On January 26 2014 15:27 TheYango wrote:
I've been vacillating for a while over whether I should craft the last 5 cards I need for Cixah's Mini's. 2 SoJ, 2 Faceless, 1 Sea Giant.

Obviously those seems hard to replace, but do you know what you'd replace those with if you didn't have them, Cixah? I sort of want to just see how the deck plays before I take the plunge and craft the most expensive bits.

lol that deck is stupid OP>
I think I have maybe 2/3rds of it and i replaced the other 1/3 with random crap and i still win all the time.
twitch.tv/waveofshadow ||| Winner of AHGL's So You Think You Can Cast! ||| Juicy Dad for lyfe ||| 'idk i get a kick out of stupid things' - Jarms Yarng
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-26 06:35:28
January 26 2014 06:32 GMT
#20374
No Sea Giants anymore. Run Rag/AW #2, or Tinkmaster/AW #2.

As for the list itself, you kind of need the SoJ's no matter what to run the list. The faceless's help you deal with the rough control MU when they resolve their own rag/(insert legendary that costs 9 or more here). If you go the tinkmaster route you get an 8 mana MC with faceless which is pretty hot.

Sea Giants were just a test because I just wrote Kripp's original idea off as fucking bad (I NEEDED SOMETHING TO DEAL WITH PRIESTS. What was an 8/8 vanilla going to do back then? Scare him til he mc's it?) Which turned out decent, but ultimately just a dead card, especially if it is just filling your hand so you can't Favor.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
TheYango
Profile Joined September 2008
United States47024 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-26 06:40:42
January 26 2014 06:37 GMT
#20375
I have Rag but only one Avenging Wrath and no Tinkmaster. I figured the SoJs would be indispensable.

I'll figure something out I guess.

Realistically I should be playing more Arena to earn more cards, but Arena gets boring to me really fast so I can't really stand to grind out arena games.
Moderator
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
January 26 2014 06:43 GMT
#20376
Hearthstone is an internet plague.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Cixah
Profile Joined July 2010
United States11285 Posts
January 26 2014 06:45 GMT
#20377
I couldn't either back in the day, I just play arena for fun as I really hate the Ladder in HS. It ultmately just disinterests me in HS all together. The ladder system plays too heavily into streaking and doesn't have an ELO system behind it until get to the higher ranks that have more and more people.

I get the intention was to avoid ques, but ultimately this ladder means nothing to me. It's all a matter of who streaked the hardest and found the deck that had the correct sequence of draws of the longer span of games. Strifecro's druid is INCREDIBLY well constructed to make games draw out if they need to, or kill an asshole who's trying to do the same thing. It's pretty much perfect for ladder, but because games take so long it will take much longer for the "Nerf Bat" cries to reach the ears of the people that care.

I'm kinda bummed I can't play tomorrow in the new LHOpen, I have too much stuff I've put off to play tomorrow even though I want to test a new list. If anyone is playing tomorrow and wants the list you can give it a shot. I'll post it here when I get home in 3 hours.
Hug The Goat! Hug the Goat! Hug the Goat!
NeoIllusions
Profile Blog Joined December 2002
United States37500 Posts
January 26 2014 06:47 GMT
#20378
Everyone point at red. He feels left out.
ha ha
ModeratorFor the Glory that is TeamLiquid (-9 | 155) | Discord: NeoIllusions#1984
Frudgey
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada3367 Posts
January 26 2014 06:48 GMT
#20379
On January 26 2014 15:22 kainzero wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2014 15:03 Cixah wrote:
Everyone is bitching about Hearthstone.

I am convinced that all games in the future will be games that everyone hates playing but they still play it anyway.

Isn't that already the standard for today? Because it sure seems like it.
It is better to die for The Emperor than live for yourself.
red_
Profile Joined May 2010
United States8474 Posts
January 26 2014 06:50 GMT
#20380
On January 26 2014 15:47 NeoIllusions wrote:
Everyone point at red. He feels left out.
ha ha


That would insinuate I want to be let in.
How did the experience of working at Mr Burns' Nuclear Plant influence Homer's composition of the Iliad and Odyssey?
Prev 1 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 5162 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 11h 21m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 239
Nina 141
ViBE62
Nathanias 22
SpeCial 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12390
Artosis 433
NaDa 29
Bale 15
Dota 2
monkeys_forever258
febbydoto28
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox491
Mew2King88
Other Games
summit1g6055
Grubby2708
Liquid`RaSZi2033
shahzam628
WinterStarcraft376
C9.Mang0285
JimRising 233
Trikslyr16
JuggernautJason4
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 88
• musti20045 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie779
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
11h 21m
INu's Battles
12h 21m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
14h 21m
OSC
23h 36m
Replay Cast
1d
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.