• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:26
CEST 12:26
KST 19:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double0Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9198 users

[IEM] Season IX - Toronto Day 4 - Page 6

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 206 Next
Please stop making stupid polls just for the sake of making polls.
Scarecrow
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Korea (South)9175 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-31 11:40:41
August 31 2014 11:31 GMT
#101
On August 31 2014 20:01 tshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 18:56 Nirel wrote:
On August 31 2014 17:32 Scarecrow wrote:
On August 31 2014 15:12 Random_0 wrote:
This has been a fantastic tournament so far.

Epic players, epic games, first rate casting, really good production quality.

Agreed. Though one criticism should be the korean translator. Just making shit up as he goes and putting words in players' mouths.

can you give an example?

but im more interested in the microscope that Scarecrow has that lets him find faults at such a crazy level sheesh.

Crazy level? Surely progamers can expect official translators to translate for them? He deliberately turned a polite response by Life, that didn't mention foreigners, into a cocky diss of the foreign scene. The Flash translation was unprofessional too but at least it didn't completely misrepresent him.
+ Show Spoiler +
http://youtu.be/dtfyxQXqq6E?t=46m36s

edit: Zains was right, I was never criticising adding a question. It's more adding his own stuff to responses and storytelling.
Yhamm is the god of predictions
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
August 31 2014 12:10 GMT
#102
So Flash beating Taeja is more than a fantasy but actually a likely scenario?
rip passion
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
August 31 2014 12:14 GMT
#103
Hoping for Flash vs Life, as Flash imo would lose to Zest.
SoSexy
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Italy3725 Posts
August 31 2014 12:14 GMT
#104
I just saw Flash series vs Snute...AMAZING. I HAVE NO WORDS.
Dating thread on TL LUL
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
August 31 2014 12:37 GMT
#105
On August 31 2014 21:14 SoSexy wrote:
I just saw Flash series vs Snute...AMAZING. I HAVE NO WORDS.

Yeah, it was great. That's why we need another TvZ, it's a great matchup to watch.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-31 12:46:03
August 31 2014 12:44 GMT
#106
On August 31 2014 08:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
How well did Flash play against Snute? I saw the results.


Just finished watching the series, didn't get to see it yesterday, either. Flash adapted well and had overall good execution, but Snute definitely lost his cool and tried to repeatedly end the games with busts which greatly played into Flash's hands, I feel.

As much as I'd like to see Flash doing well against Taeja, I think this will be one very difficult obstacle to overcome.

edit: But anyway, we get to see one the most-anticipated series this year so far AND its a TvT <3
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
August 31 2014 12:45 GMT
#107
those matchups doe. i'm so hyped for this i can't even work on my paper properly right now
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Neola
Profile Joined August 2014
United States3 Posts
August 31 2014 12:50 GMT
#108
I'm curious if Taeja was serious when he said he was worried about TvT. I'll be watching to see if he builds 2 extra Armories or not.

P.S. I can't help but giggle when I hear Scarlett being called a foreigner in her native country. I know we all know what it means, but still.
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
August 31 2014 12:55 GMT
#109
Flash vs Life finals with Flash win would be amazing. Or YoDa just wins it
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
August 31 2014 12:56 GMT
#110
On August 31 2014 21:44 Creager wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 08:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
How well did Flash play against Snute? I saw the results.


Just finished watching the series, didn't get to see it yesterday, either. Flash adapted well and had overall good execution, but Snute definitely lost his cool and tried to repeatedly end the games with busts which greatly played into Flash's hands, I feel.

As much as I'd like to see Flash doing well against Taeja, I think this will be one very difficult obstacle to overcome.

edit: But anyway, we get to see one the most-anticipated series this year so far AND its a TvT <3

Yeah it's good, but I'm still waiting for Jaedong vs Flash to happen.
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
August 31 2014 12:58 GMT
#111
aight time for predictions

Zest 3-1 Yoda

Life 3-2 Zest
Taeja 3-2 Flash

Taeja 4-3 Life

champagne bottle 1-0 Taeja
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
August 31 2014 12:59 GMT
#112
On August 31 2014 21:58 Schelim wrote:
aight time for predictions

Zest 3-1 Yoda

Life 3-2 Zest
Taeja 3-2 Flash

Taeja 4-3 Life

champagne bottle 1-0 Taeja

thank god there will be no champagne bottle >.>
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Thyrym
Profile Joined December 2013
89 Posts
August 31 2014 13:05 GMT
#113
I still think, even with the God Mode that flash is on... Zest or Life will take this,
Deathstar
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
9150 Posts
August 31 2014 13:06 GMT
#114
I predict Life winning this tournament. You can do it buddy
rip passion
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
August 31 2014 13:06 GMT
#115
On August 31 2014 22:05 Thyrym wrote:
I still think, even with the God Mode that flash is on... Zest or Life will take this,

I think that Zest would probably 4-0 Flash if they played. He'd probably just have to play anti-SCV pull builds and straight-up win.
kiss kiss fall in love
Liquid`Jinro
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
Sweden33719 Posts
August 31 2014 13:07 GMT
#116
On August 31 2014 14:35 Nirel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 13:22 xpldngmn wrote:
OMG taeja vs flash?

I still remember the epic game of taeja vs innovation @ dreamhack from last year. The hype is A LOT bigger this time.

I just want to see nukes force unsieges please.

Bip up IEM/ESL. Redeye, Carmac, all the guys and gals in the background we never read of and all those well known ppl (f.e. Rotti BStream!), THX!

Unfortunately TvT sucks ass these days, I don't know what happened to it. I haven't seen that much 1 basing since 2010.
+ Show Spoiler +
p.s. GO TAEJA!!!!!!!

I feel like that's a weird definition of 1 base play... yeah, a lot of gas first banshee builds, but that's not 1 base, they almost all include a cc after their tech is out. I think TvT is still great.
Moderatortell the guy that interplanatar interaction is pivotal to terrans variety of optionitudals in the pre-midgame preperatories as well as the protosstinal deterriggation of elite zergling strikes - Stimey n | Formerly FrozenArbiter
Crot4le
Profile Joined June 2013
England2927 Posts
August 31 2014 13:10 GMT
#117
Get hyped!
Massive fan of Axiom eSports | Crotale#992 | Twitter: @Crot4le
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 31 2014 13:10 GMT
#118
On August 31 2014 22:07 Liquid`Jinro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 14:35 Nirel wrote:
On August 31 2014 13:22 xpldngmn wrote:
OMG taeja vs flash?

I still remember the epic game of taeja vs innovation @ dreamhack from last year. The hype is A LOT bigger this time.

I just want to see nukes force unsieges please.

Bip up IEM/ESL. Redeye, Carmac, all the guys and gals in the background we never read of and all those well known ppl (f.e. Rotti BStream!), THX!

Unfortunately TvT sucks ass these days, I don't know what happened to it. I haven't seen that much 1 basing since 2010.
+ Show Spoiler +
p.s. GO TAEJA!!!!!!!

I feel like that's a weird definition of 1 base play... yeah, a lot of gas first banshee builds, but that's not 1 base, they almost all include a cc after their tech is out. I think TvT is still great.


How would you describe the current TvT meta in MMA terms?
AdministratorBreak the chains
TheDwf
Profile Joined November 2011
France19747 Posts
August 31 2014 13:12 GMT
#119
On August 31 2014 22:06 IntoTheheart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 22:05 Thyrym wrote:
I still think, even with the God Mode that flash is on... Zest or Life will take this,

I think that Zest would probably 4-0 Flash if they played. He'd probably just have to play anti-SCV pull builds and straight-up win.

Flash doesn't pull SCVs every game. Recently, he uses it only rarely.
Creager
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany1962 Posts
August 31 2014 13:20 GMT
#120
On August 31 2014 21:56 HolydaKing wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2014 21:44 Creager wrote:
On August 31 2014 08:08 IntoTheheart wrote:
How well did Flash play against Snute? I saw the results.


Just finished watching the series, didn't get to see it yesterday, either. Flash adapted well and had overall good execution, but Snute definitely lost his cool and tried to repeatedly end the games with busts which greatly played into Flash's hands, I feel.

As much as I'd like to see Flash doing well against Taeja, I think this will be one very difficult obstacle to overcome.

edit: But anyway, we get to see one the most-anticipated series this year so far AND its a TvT <3

Yeah it's good, but I'm still waiting for Jaedong vs Flash to happen.


With JD in his current condition I'd rather wait a few more months tbh
... einmal mit Profis spielen!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 206 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
10:00
Ro8 Match 3
Soma vs JaedongLIVE!
Afreeca ASL 12227
StarCastTV_EN264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 350
Lowko193
ProTech105
Rex 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 9504
EffOrt 4569
BeSt 1408
Larva 1061
Hyuk 858
ZerO 791
Horang2 689
Hyun 231
Zeus 229
Killer 169
[ Show more ]
Light 165
Stork 144
Barracks 120
Rush 71
Shinee 46
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 29
Mong 24
Terrorterran 24
PianO 19
Sacsri 17
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
sorry 6
HiyA 6
Noble 5
Dota 2
XaKoH 683
XcaliburYe358
League of Legends
KnowMe40
Counter-Strike
byalli817
Other Games
singsing1726
olofmeister1404
crisheroes245
Sick156
ArmadaUGS59
Mew2King50
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 173
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH314
• StrangeGG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1900
• Stunt356
Other Games
• WagamamaTV164
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
34m
Rex42
Monday Night Weeklies
5h 34m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
23h 34m
Afreeca Starleague
23h 34m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 13h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.