• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:48
CEST 09:48
KST 16:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8711 users

APM League Host by Golden - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
manicshock
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada741 Posts
December 29 2013 01:53 GMT
#181
On December 29 2013 09:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:18 ZenithM wrote:
80-100 APM is kinda constraining race-wise. I don't doubt you can execute the full range of Protoss strat with less than 100 APM, but I'm a bit more skeptical about some Terran technical situations. It would be interesting nonetheless.


It would REALLY promote efficiency. I played protoss, and initially when SC2 was released my APM was 80-90 and I was diamond. I made my transition to masters once I reached 120 APM, and ended up playing high master level at 150 APM. I would think it's possible especially considering Goody and Sjow (who are terran obviously) play at tournament level for a while with 100-120 APM I believe.

There also were changes in how APM is calculated on blizzard side of things sometime in 2011, so I don't exactly remember how that might have changed it.


I think this won't work, at least for zergs. Just to keep on top of injects + creep spread and general mechanics zerg is just higher APM. Probably 140-150 just to keep up.
Never argue with an idiot. They will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
StutteR
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States1903 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-29 01:55:33
December 29 2013 01:55 GMT
#182
On December 29 2013 10:53 manicshock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 09:24 FiWiFaKi wrote:
On December 29 2013 09:18 ZenithM wrote:
80-100 APM is kinda constraining race-wise. I don't doubt you can execute the full range of Protoss strat with less than 100 APM, but I'm a bit more skeptical about some Terran technical situations. It would be interesting nonetheless.


It would REALLY promote efficiency. I played protoss, and initially when SC2 was released my APM was 80-90 and I was diamond. I made my transition to masters once I reached 120 APM, and ended up playing high master level at 150 APM. I would think it's possible especially considering Goody and Sjow (who are terran obviously) play at tournament level for a while with 100-120 APM I believe.

There also were changes in how APM is calculated on blizzard side of things sometime in 2011, so I don't exactly remember how that might have changed it.


I think this won't work, at least for zergs. Just to keep on top of injects + creep spread and general mechanics zerg is just higher APM. Probably 140-150 just to keep up.


I have around 110 APM as a Zerg with no micro at all. I just macro and creep spread and do 0 control and my macro is still not great.
`~` | effOrt Movie sKyHigh forever & SEn
purakushi
Profile Joined August 2012
United States3303 Posts
December 29 2013 02:11 GMT
#183
Hilarious how Protoss got 1st and 2nd
T P Z sagi
ZenithM
Profile Joined February 2011
France15952 Posts
December 29 2013 03:05 GMT
#184
On December 29 2013 11:11 purakushi wrote:
Hilarious how Protoss got 1st and 2nd

Come on dude, Protoss did lose some games.
CutTheEnemy
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada373 Posts
December 29 2013 04:27 GMT
#185
watching vods now can't wait!
Can we help spread the word and create pressure to get Rob Pardo to replace Browder as head of Sc2? Pardo led the team for broodwar, frozen throne, and wow/BC. We need to make this a thing before LotV development starts. Think about it.
Crot4le
Profile Joined June 2013
England2927 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-01 22:38:07
January 01 2014 22:30 GMT
#186
On December 24 2013 23:34 AxCranK wrote:
Hey golden. Can I cast with you? It must be fun


So cool. :D Where are the VODs?
Massive fan of Axiom eSports | Crotale#992 | Twitter: @Crot4le
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
January 01 2014 22:45 GMT
#187
On January 02 2014 07:30 Crot4le wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 24 2013 23:34 AxCranK wrote:
Hey golden. Can I cast with you? It must be fun


So cool. :D Where are the VODs?

This ought to be the starting VOD (at time 2:10). The rest should be here.
jjakji fan
Crot4le
Profile Joined June 2013
England2927 Posts
January 02 2014 02:04 GMT
#188
On January 02 2014 07:45 slowbacontron wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 02 2014 07:30 Crot4le wrote:
On December 24 2013 23:34 AxCranK wrote:
Hey golden. Can I cast with you? It must be fun


So cool. :D Where are the VODs?

This ought to be the starting VOD (at time 2:10). The rest should be here.


Thank you very much.
Massive fan of Axiom eSports | Crotale#992 | Twitter: @Crot4le
tshi
Profile Joined September 2012
United States2495 Posts
January 02 2014 02:09 GMT
#189
On December 29 2013 12:05 ZenithM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 29 2013 11:11 purakushi wrote:
Hilarious how Protoss got 1st and 2nd

Come on dude, Protoss did lose some games.

I think he might have been getting at that people say Protoss is easy to play and you don't need HIGH APM, yet they both used HIGH APM. I mean, it's in the name PROtoss, right?
scrub - inexperienced player with relatively little skill and excessive arrogance
29 fps
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
United States5725 Posts
January 02 2014 03:12 GMT
#190
200 APM is a lot... these guys' fingers must be insanely fast
4v4 is a battle of who has the better computer.
CutTheEnemy
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada373 Posts
January 04 2014 09:22 GMT
#191
this ridiculous tournament was the most fun starcraft I've watched in a long time. Great casting too!!!
Can we help spread the word and create pressure to get Rob Pardo to replace Browder as head of Sc2? Pardo led the team for broodwar, frozen throne, and wow/BC. We need to make this a thing before LotV development starts. Think about it.
CutTheEnemy
Profile Joined November 2013
Canada373 Posts
January 04 2014 11:23 GMT
#192
I think 250 APM might be a good cutoff, based on this tournament's results so far.
Can we help spread the word and create pressure to get Rob Pardo to replace Browder as head of Sc2? Pardo led the team for broodwar, frozen throne, and wow/BC. We need to make this a thing before LotV development starts. Think about it.
Prev 1 8 9 10 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 150
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 909
HiyA 160
Mong 50
Shine 46
Bale 31
NotJumperer 28
Noble 8
sorry 1
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm187
League of Legends
JimRising 545
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 825
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft774
crisheroes7
Other Games
summit1g8951
olofmeister613
ceh9461
Happy406
PiGStarcraft349
Livibee140
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream523
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH266
• LUISG 8
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2374
League of Legends
• Rush1392
• Lourlo1267
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 12m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 12m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.