• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:09
CEST 14:09
KST 21:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8575 users

[OSL] Placement Matches WCS Korea Season 2 2013 - Page 28

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 46 Next All
Vertitto
Profile Joined January 2012
Poland750 Posts
August 06 2013 11:24 GMT
#541
On August 06 2013 20:22 Lorch wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:21 BabyRomatic wrote:
wtf, I dont want to watch zvt anymore

nerf the widow mine!


Yeah lets also nerf MSC and oracle so we can get back to something that is as close to wol as humanly possible. They already fucked pvt by overnerfing hellbats, lets not do the same to tvz.

what's wrong with oracles ?
FISH MAKE BLUB BLUB
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
August 06 2013 11:25 GMT
#542
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 06 2013 11:25 GMT
#543
On August 06 2013 20:24 bo1b wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:22 Destructicon wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 liberate71 wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:14 figq wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:12 LittleRedBoy wrote:
That was some great widow mine micro by Supernova.
On a side note, to say great widow mine micro is okay, but to say great swarm host micro is not okay. I don't get it.


I think they are both kinda ridiculous statements. Positioning the two units is a measure of skill though, they both still serve a purpose.


Well, it has been proven trough experimentation that you can force a widow mine to not fire or to fire on a specific target, and you can burrow and unburrow them to prevent too many from firing at once if they send it a lot of units. So, objectively speaking I think mines can have more involving micro, to them, not only positioning, as where with SH the only thing you can do is position them, you can't do any fancy micro with the locust or the SH.

SICK LOCUST SPLITS VS BANELINGS


I'd like to see a neverending splitting dance against endless waves of locusts.

Actually no, I would rather die
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 11:26:13
August 06 2013 11:25 GMT
#544
On August 06 2013 20:22 Destructicon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 liberate71 wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:14 figq wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:12 LittleRedBoy wrote:
That was some great widow mine micro by Supernova.
On a side note, to say great widow mine micro is okay, but to say great swarm host micro is not okay. I don't get it.


I think they are both kinda ridiculous statements. Positioning the two units is a measure of skill though, they both still serve a purpose.


Well, it has been proven trough experimentation that you can force a widow mine to not fire or to fire on a specific target, and you can burrow and unburrow them to prevent too many from firing at once if they send it a lot of units. So, objectively speaking I think mines can have more involving micro, to them, not only positioning, as where with SH the only thing you can do is position them, you can't do any fancy micro with the locust or the SH.


Lol wut? So unborrwing/burrowing them to perfectly synch up your waves so you get constant locust rather than waves is no micro? Disabling auto cast when you don't have the upgrade yet for some reason so you can get as much life out of your locust as possible is also no micro? Sending out a wave to poke and then retreat is no micro? Disabling auto cast and having some burrowed at your expos to defend and then casting locust when it gets harrassed is also no micro?
Just because everyone sucks with sh atm doesn't mean there is no micro. Besides the fact that just a moving your locust is also kinda bad.

@Vertitto: Nothing just like there is nothing wrong with any of the other units, but people see balance issues where I see a game that is too far away from being figured out to make any balance calls based on statistics.
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 06 2013 11:25 GMT
#545
On August 06 2013 20:24 FeyFey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:18 Sokrates wrote:
I m pretty sure there will be a zerg buff soon. Or a terra/toss nerf .


I hope Blizzard realizes we have Broodwar like balance aka T>Z>P>T . Otherwise we will get one race buffed on a monthly basis and nothing will change on the matchup balance. But luckily we have some only works in this matchup units, that can be adjusted.

Korean stats are pretty indicative of p> z and international stats are the same
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
August 06 2013 11:25 GMT
#546
On August 06 2013 20:22 Destructicon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 liberate71 wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:14 figq wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:12 LittleRedBoy wrote:
That was some great widow mine micro by Supernova.
On a side note, to say great widow mine micro is okay, but to say great swarm host micro is not okay. I don't get it.


I think they are both kinda ridiculous statements. Positioning the two units is a measure of skill though, they both still serve a purpose.


Well, it has been proven trough experimentation that you can force a widow mine to not fire or to fire on a specific target, and you can burrow and unburrow them to prevent too many from firing at once if they send it a lot of units. So, objectively speaking I think mines can have more involving micro, to them, not only positioning, as where with SH the only thing you can do is position them, you can't do any fancy micro with the locust or the SH.


Is there any way to tell if it is 'sick widowmine micro' or just 'hey that widowmine owned stuff!' though
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
August 06 2013 11:26 GMT
#547
On August 06 2013 20:25 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.


TL sucks, I will ban the rest of the thread
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Lazzi
Profile Joined June 2011
Switzerland1923 Posts
August 06 2013 11:26 GMT
#548
On August 06 2013 20:25 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.

That's the hardest thing in the world, sometimes you think you have found an amazing joke but no one likes it. Happens to me quite often. Way too often.
It's good to be back
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 06 2013 11:26 GMT
#549
On August 06 2013 20:25 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:22 Destructicon wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 liberate71 wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:14 figq wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:12 LittleRedBoy wrote:
That was some great widow mine micro by Supernova.
On a side note, to say great widow mine micro is okay, but to say great swarm host micro is not okay. I don't get it.


I think they are both kinda ridiculous statements. Positioning the two units is a measure of skill though, they both still serve a purpose.


Well, it has been proven trough experimentation that you can force a widow mine to not fire or to fire on a specific target, and you can burrow and unburrow them to prevent too many from firing at once if they send it a lot of units. So, objectively speaking I think mines can have more involving micro, to them, not only positioning, as where with SH the only thing you can do is position them, you can't do any fancy micro with the locust or the SH.


Is there any way to tell if it is 'sick widowmine micro' or just 'hey that widowmine owned stuff!' though

Assumption that when someone splits marines at the same time as "sick widowmine micro" its unlikely micro actually appeared.
liberate71
Profile Joined October 2011
Australia10252 Posts
August 06 2013 11:26 GMT
#550
On August 06 2013 20:25 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.


You hit him below the belt
Minelord Stimfestor, also known as karma.
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 11:27:40
August 06 2013 11:27 GMT
#551
Look at my jokes, my jokes are amazing

give them a lick
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 06 2013 11:27 GMT
#552
On August 06 2013 20:27 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Look at my jokes, my jokes are amazing

LOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOL
Vertitto
Profile Joined January 2012
Poland750 Posts
August 06 2013 11:28 GMT
#553
On August 06 2013 20:25 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:22 Destructicon wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 liberate71 wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:14 figq wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:12 LittleRedBoy wrote:
That was some great widow mine micro by Supernova.
On a side note, to say great widow mine micro is okay, but to say great swarm host micro is not okay. I don't get it.


I think they are both kinda ridiculous statements. Positioning the two units is a measure of skill though, they both still serve a purpose.


Well, it has been proven trough experimentation that you can force a widow mine to not fire or to fire on a specific target, and you can burrow and unburrow them to prevent too many from firing at once if they send it a lot of units. So, objectively speaking I think mines can have more involving micro, to them, not only positioning, as where with SH the only thing you can do is position them, you can't do any fancy micro with the locust or the SH.


Is there any way to tell if it is 'sick widowmine micro' or just 'hey that widowmine owned stuff!' though

manual cast would be challenging
FISH MAKE BLUB BLUB
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-06 11:29:18
August 06 2013 11:29 GMT
#554
On August 06 2013 20:26 liberate71 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:25 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.


You hit him below the belt


Maybe you could say I poked him in the eyes?
KT FlaSh FOREVER
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 06 2013 11:29 GMT
#555
Oh god I thought I was watching League for a second. This map looks way too Leagueish
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33703 Posts
August 06 2013 11:30 GMT
#556
that hitsquad of marines was godly :D
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
August 06 2013 11:30 GMT
#557
so good for supernova
Moderatorlickypiddy
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 06 2013 11:31 GMT
#558
Future hellion drivers, those marines
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
August 06 2013 11:31 GMT
#559
I've had an epiphany recently that terran games were so entertaining back at the end wol because of them always being the underdogs. Atm, zerg games are similar for me
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
August 06 2013 11:31 GMT
#560
On August 06 2013 20:25 Lunareste wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 06 2013 20:20 Lunareste wrote:
On August 06 2013 20:20 Waxangel wrote:
I hope for more eye-opening performances from supernova


Yeah I really enjoyed his surgical precision in that game


Come on, nobody got it? I give you people comedy gold and I don't even get a laugh from you.

Disappoint, TL. Disappoint.


I overlooked it :/
Prev 1 26 27 28 29 30 46 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
WardiTV446
Rex85
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko343
ProTech128
Rex 85
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32740
Hyuk 1327
Jaedong 1015
actioN 522
Soma 484
Horang2 376
EffOrt 334
Soulkey 318
BeSt 303
Mini 289
[ Show more ]
Larva 249
Light 224
Zeus 223
Stork 221
910 210
Last 184
Snow 143
Rush 120
ggaemo 116
Pusan 84
ZerO 72
Mind 57
Creator 46
Mong 43
Yoon 42
Free 37
Killer 35
Shinee 33
hero 30
Sharp 28
Bale 28
HiyA 19
sorry 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Shine 11
Sacsri 10
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Gorgc7418
Dendi623
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1235
markeloff80
kRYSTAL_37
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2841
Khaldor1050
Other Games
gofns36546
singsing1689
B2W.Neo418
XBOCT348
Pyrionflax274
DeMusliM213
byalli162
Mew2King91
hiko85
ArmadaUGS56
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 515
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream157
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH325
• StrangeGG 30
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1550
Other Games
• WagamamaTV184
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
51m
The PondCast
21h 51m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.