• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:19
CEST 21:19
KST 04:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)59Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games BW General Discussion Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9006 users

[IPL] FC27: Squirtle vs Illusion - Page 9

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Noocta
Profile Joined June 2010
France12578 Posts
July 31 2012 00:27 GMT
#161
On July 31 2012 09:25 MCDayC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:21 Noocta wrote:
On July 31 2012 09:18 MCDayC wrote:
Mech actually didn't look bad there, imo that could have swung the other direction if he'd managed to finish the DTs and actually siege up in time.


Hack barely lost to Squirtle with it.
And he beat Lure.

A composition of like 70% hellions 15% Tanks, 15% Ghost is pretty good.

I think far more tanks are needed. 40% Hellions, 40% Tanks, 15% Ghosts, 5% Vikings to manage warp prisms, floating around the map.

I dunno, I'm no pro, but just on the back of games where mass tanks are used lategame, in combination with Ghosts, they seem really effective, the Terran just has trouble quite closing it out.


Yeah I'm probably over reading the hellions numbers.
But the guy was making 12 hellions at a time so.. it got huge pretty quick x)
" I'm not gonna fight you. I'm gonna kick your ass ! "
Zane
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania3916 Posts
July 31 2012 00:28 GMT
#162
On July 31 2012 09:26 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:26 Zane wrote:
If NesTea is God, Mvp is Satan. I like it.

Flash is unimpressed.

What kind of kind would get beaten by a terrorist?
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
July 31 2012 00:28 GMT
#163
On July 31 2012 09:25 Dunmer wrote:
Typical a pro uses a Mech and suddenly everyone thinks its viable as if it was magically buffed all of a sudden. Just because its not used in the GSL.etc does not mean its not viable. Mech just needed some serious looking into, not playing a game and losing and going well its must be because mech is bad. Helions can hurt toss so much, Mass helions can decimate clumped up roaches.


Wait what? No-one even said anything at all about buffs. I think it is universally accepted that mech is unexplored, the question is whether this is due to mech just not being any good or whether the magical formula has not yet been found.

I mean, I do not disagree with what you are saying necessarily, but that was a really random comment...
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
July 31 2012 00:28 GMT
#164
On July 31 2012 09:26 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:26 Zane wrote:
If NesTea is God, Mvp is Satan. I like it.





Flash is unimpressed.


Flash is dead, Fantasy killed him.
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
July 31 2012 00:28 GMT
#165
On July 31 2012 09:26 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:25 Porcelina wrote:
Ooooh I like this analogy. Nestea being God, Mvp being Satan. Hmmm.

So should we be worried that Satan has a winning record vs god?


It is just like real life omg omg...

:D
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 00:29:52
July 31 2012 00:29 GMT
#166
All I know is, unless HOTS changes significantly, when HOTS comes out I'm switch race and be meching like hell in all matchups.

And I ain't making no mutherfuckin' warhounds.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Kamwah
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom724 Posts
July 31 2012 00:30 GMT
#167
On July 31 2012 09:27 Antithesis wrote:
I think Doa and KevinKnocke are a more harmonizing duo than TB and Knocke... TB's style is kind of too outspoken for IPL I feel.


I feel Doa and Kevin are too "anything could happen" while TB is slightly too cynical which is refreshing IMHO.


On July 31 2012 09:26 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:25 Porcelina wrote:
Ooooh I like this analogy. Nestea being God, Mvp being Satan. Hmmm.

So should we be worried that Satan has a winning record vs god?


MVP mentioned he hasn't won against Nestea inhouse for a while during one of his GSL interviews iirc.
Learn to count with CatsPajamas!
Zane
Profile Joined January 2011
Romania3916 Posts
July 31 2012 00:30 GMT
#168
On July 31 2012 09:29 MCDayC wrote:
All I know is, unless HOTS changes significantly, when HOTS comes out I'm switch race and be meching like hell in all matchups.

And I ain't making no mutherfuckin' warhounds.

In that case I'll switch to toss and ruin your fun with my 22 range tempests.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 31 2012 00:30 GMT
#169
On July 31 2012 09:30 Zane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:29 MCDayC wrote:
All I know is, unless HOTS changes significantly, when HOTS comes out I'm switch race and be meching like hell in all matchups.

And I ain't making no mutherfuckin' warhounds.

In that case I'll switch to toss and ruin your fun with my 22 range tempests.

T_T !!

Yeah, that may be a problem....
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 31 2012 00:31 GMT
#170
On July 31 2012 09:25 Dunmer wrote:
Typical a pro uses a Mech and suddenly everyone thinks its viable as if it was magically buffed all of a sudden. Just because its not used in the GSL.etc does not mean its not viable. Mech just needed some serious looking into, not playing a game and losing and going well its must be because mech is bad. Helions can hurt toss so much, Mass helions can decimate clumped up roaches.


Mech may be viable, but if there is a better composition (such as bio-viking), then it still will never be used.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
July 31 2012 00:31 GMT
#171
On July 31 2012 09:30 Zane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:29 MCDayC wrote:
All I know is, unless HOTS changes significantly, when HOTS comes out I'm switch race and be meching like hell in all matchups.

And I ain't making no mutherfuckin' warhounds.

In that case I'll switch to toss and ruin your fun with my 22 range tempests.


I for one would like to see these mech vs rush to Tempest games in action!
Dunmer
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom568 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-31 00:35:13
July 31 2012 00:31 GMT
#172
On July 31 2012 09:28 Porcelina wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 31 2012 09:25 Dunmer wrote:
Typical a pro uses a Mech and suddenly everyone thinks its viable as if it was magically buffed all of a sudden. Just because its not used in the GSL.etc does not mean its not viable. Mech just needed some serious looking into, not playing a game and losing and going well its must be because mech is bad. Helions can hurt toss so much, Mass helions can decimate clumped up roaches.


Wait what? No-one even said anything at all about buffs. I think it is universally accepted that mech is unexplored, the question is whether this is due to mech just not being any good or whether the magical formula has not yet been found.

I mean, I do not disagree with what you are saying necessarily, but that was a really random comment...


I mean that because people all of a sudden realise mech can be viable because they see a pro use the strategy, it feels like it got buffed of a sudden, I am kind of mad because I mech/sky like every game and I can win with it. But on the forums people tell me its not viable and it only works against noobs. Which is a fair statement but then they are gobsmacked when a pro uses it.

And yes Bio-viking is more viable(at this moment in time), nobody disputes that. But you have to be in Taeja mode or your opponent will probably win. By this I mean the terran has to play alot faster and precisely or his army melts.

Lets keep the strategy discussion out though or it will turn to balance whine
All Ireland Starcraft, check us out on Facebook
Porcelina
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United Kingdom3249 Posts
July 31 2012 00:32 GMT
#173
Mmm. No Robo versus Cloak about to complete...
PhoenixVoid
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Canada32755 Posts
July 31 2012 00:35 GMT
#174
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?
I'm afraid of demented knife-wielding escaped lunatic libertarian zombie mutants
Kamwah
Profile Joined February 2012
United Kingdom724 Posts
July 31 2012 00:36 GMT
#175
On July 31 2012 09:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?


Not going to lie.

No.
Learn to count with CatsPajamas!
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
July 31 2012 00:36 GMT
#176
On July 31 2012 09:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?

A couple of them went to the late game, one where Illusion went mech, but he didn't have the multitasking to pressure at the front and deal with DT drops, and so both lost his army and his economy in both games.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
July 31 2012 00:36 GMT
#177
On July 31 2012 09:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?


Squirtle and Illusion generally play on relatively even terms until the lategame, where Squirtle just ends up overrunning Illusion.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
Shaddar
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
675 Posts
July 31 2012 00:36 GMT
#178
On July 31 2012 09:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?


Not really sadly. It's pretty much been a stomp
Why is Check 6 afraid of Infinity Seven? Because Infinity Seven Team 8 Day [9]
Bagi
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany6799 Posts
July 31 2012 00:38 GMT
#179
First the fight club event with Hero/DRG/MMA, now this...

Is it just me or is IPL matching Illusion with impossible odds? I understand that they want to support upcoming NA talent, but maybe a small reality check is in order.
BeyondCtrL
Profile Joined March 2010
Sweden642 Posts
July 31 2012 00:38 GMT
#180
On July 31 2012 09:35 PhoenixVoid wrote:
Just tuned in, and it looks like Squirtle has been slaughtering Illusion. Were any of the games close?


Not really. There was one even game, but it was due to Squirtle slacking.
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 42m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
UpATreeSC 202
ProTech150
JuggernautJason40
CosmosSc2 24
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 20362
Shuttle 720
White-Ra 152
Hyuk 108
Dewaltoss 100
firebathero 69
Trap 50
ToSsGirL 28
Sacsri 23
Bale 17
[ Show more ]
Rock 15
Dota 2
Gorgc9687
qojqva1490
Counter-Strike
fl0m1493
Fnx 855
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King101
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3247
Khaldor1194
crisheroes1120
Liquid`Hasu502
Other Games
summit1g4980
FrodaN1588
XBOCT279
ArmadaUGS185
C9.Mang0128
QueenE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV245
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream62
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH337
• StrangeGG 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 16
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie911
• Shiphtur290
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 42m
CranKy Ducklings
14h 42m
Online Event
15h 42m
FEL
20h 42m
AI Arena Tournament
21h 42m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
23h 42m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 16h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 23h
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.