• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:33
CEST 04:33
KST 11:33
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7334 users

[Code S] Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 361

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 359 360 361 362 363 369 Next
Gladiator6
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden7024 Posts
May 19 2012 15:50 GMT
#7201
On May 19 2012 22:54 PolishxThunder wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 22:21 Sakray wrote:
Btw to everyone saying that PvT imbalanced and heavily favored Protoss, here're the PvT stats of whole GSL : 172 (P) - (T) 230.
That being said, no matter if you're P or Z in a GSL finals, almost everytime there's gonna be a T to stop you, sometimes with cheese.

I really wonder when a Protoss will win the GSL, it's been 1 year, srsly...we'll see at the next GSL if the 3 SF protoss are gonna perform as good as they did in this one.

Your post is laughable

Top 8 of this GSL, 5 protoss, 3 zerg, 1 terran. You say "almost everytime there's gonna be a T to stop you" No, there's going to be MvP to stop you.


If you are talking about Code S I don't understand, top 8 was 5 protoss and 3 terran.
Flying, sOs, free, Light, Soulkey & ZerO
Asvhald
Profile Joined April 2011
Spain199 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 16:21:23
May 19 2012 15:51 GMT
#7202
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how a game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.
Fischbacher
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada666 Posts
May 19 2012 15:53 GMT
#7203
On May 20 2012 00:47 ][Primarch][ wrote:
After watching the game on metropolis my heart died and I have added pure hate to the love I have for starcraft. This game is completely broken. Archon toilet is just one example of how Protoss detroys this game. This is not about being a fanboy, MVP won but all I could think about is that Protoss is broken and it stops us all from playing a fair game in a true RTS fashion.

If 'toss was that OP you'd think there would be more than one Protoss champion per 7 GSL

Archon toilette is really situational, and besside, you EMP the Mothership or you snipe it with Vikings and as a toss you lose. Its a risk reward thing.
][Primarch][
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden302 Posts
May 19 2012 15:56 GMT
#7204
On May 20 2012 00:53 Fischbacher wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 00:47 ][Primarch][ wrote:
After watching the game on metropolis my heart died and I have added pure hate to the love I have for starcraft. This game is completely broken. Archon toilet is just one example of how Protoss detroys this game. This is not about being a fanboy, MVP won but all I could think about is that Protoss is broken and it stops us all from playing a fair game in a true RTS fashion.

If 'toss was that OP you'd think there would be more than one Protoss champion per 7 GSL

Archon toilette is really situational, and besside, you EMP the Mothership or you snipe it with Vikings and as a toss you lose. Its a risk reward thing.



I respect your opinion but I stand by mine still.
Huge fan of Empire Kas, The Destroyer of Worlds, The Machine, The Second Terminator, The Supreme Robot!
Aunvilgod
Profile Joined December 2011
2653 Posts
May 19 2012 15:56 GMT
#7205
On May 20 2012 00:47 ][Primarch][ wrote:
After watching the game on metropolis my heart died and I have added pure hate to the love I have for starcraft. This game is completely broken. Archon toilet is just one example of how Protoss detroys this game. This is not about being a fanboy, MVP won but all I could think about is that Protoss is broken and it stops us all from playing a fair game in a true RTS fashion.


lol. All that was was Mvp fuckin up, he said so in his interview. And I say that as a Mvp Fanboy.
ilovegroov | Blizzards mapmaker(s?) suck ass | #1 Protoss hater
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
May 19 2012 15:58 GMT
#7206
First time I ever miss GSL finals

I feel robbed of a classic

Nice for MVP!!! Was 100% sure he'd win, he's just a champ!
Sroobz
Profile Joined December 2011
United States1377 Posts
May 19 2012 16:01 GMT
#7207
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


But Mvp and MMA are FAR better than all the Protoss players out there...stop being so close minded.
Flash---Taeja---Mvp---Byun---DRG
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
May 19 2012 16:01 GMT
#7208
On May 20 2012 00:58 mordk wrote:
First time I ever miss GSL finals

I feel robbed of a classic

Nice for MVP!!! Was 100% sure he'd win, he's just a champ!


Same, I had to go away to do maths -_-;

I saw part of one game, and that was the 3rd one when I thought MVP would roflstomp Squirtle.
Olinim
Profile Joined March 2011
4044 Posts
May 19 2012 16:02 GMT
#7209
Good job MVP...MC stays only protoss champ ever :D
Biane
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia645 Posts
May 19 2012 16:03 GMT
#7210
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


Nice knowing you i guess. Good to know that no one here really cares about what you just posted or your 'departure' (except me who took 10 seconds to reply) and will continue to live their internet lives like nothing has happened.
Asvhald
Profile Joined April 2011
Spain199 Posts
May 19 2012 16:11 GMT
#7211
On May 20 2012 01:03 Biane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


Nice knowing you i guess. Good to know that no one here really cares about what you just posted or your 'departure' (except me who took 10 seconds to reply) and will continue to live their internet lives like nothing has happened.


As it should be .
powerdawg96
Profile Joined November 2010
United States129 Posts
May 19 2012 16:13 GMT
#7212
game 7 was disappointing, but oh well do what u need to do to win. i dont blame mvp for that play.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
May 19 2012 16:15 GMT
#7213
Oh man I was going through the spoiler free and was starting to feel bad for Squirtle even though I wanted MVP to win, and then once I saw Squirtle got 3 wins in a row, I was just thinking "Oh dear lord MVP, don't through this away." >.<

I'm glad MVP won though. Seems like it would have been fun to watch live with all the suspense, but there is no way I could stay up and watch it.
Laserist
Profile Joined September 2011
Turkey4269 Posts
May 19 2012 16:17 GMT
#7214
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


I feel what you feel deep inside my heart and agree with Dota 2 tournaments. It has provide more entertainment value without thinking imbalance or some shit(miss a forcefield gg, one good EMP gg etc.).

GomTvT for 6 months it is OK, protoss players performs better for two months bash. Seriously? We need more Dota 2.
“Are you with the Cartel? Because you’re definitely an Angel.”
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
May 19 2012 16:17 GMT
#7215
On May 20 2012 01:01 Sroobz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


But Mvp and MMA are FAR better than all the Protoss players out there...stop being so close minded.



Either an excellent example of sacrasm or ironically stupid
MVTaylor
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2893 Posts
May 19 2012 16:19 GMT
#7216
Just finished watching the VODs as I slept through the finas (damn you MLG!)

*THE* moment on game 5 was nuts, completely crazy to see and as for the intensity of game 7, immense. Listening to MVP speaking afterwards about his parents and such there really is no doubt, he deserves that fourth GSL, what a champion.

+ Show Spoiler +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


PS: Love a good martyrdom ban, so brave~~~~
@followMVT
lorkac
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2297 Posts
May 19 2012 16:20 GMT
#7217
On May 19 2012 21:48 Archybaldie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 21:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:33 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:29 Lightspeaker wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:25 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:23 Adreme wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:20 torm3ntin wrote:
On May 19 2012 21:16 Shadow_Dog wrote:
BCs, new late game TvP standard now? I thought they were pretty effective.


also wondering the same lol


I might be wrong but I just cant see them staying. Squirtle seemed like that game he was just improving things to do to deal with what MVP was doing. For example that recall to snipe the island was clearly not planned out or he would have had a better way to get back. However the archon toilot, despite not being terribly well executed (2 more archons in there and those BCs dont even need to get stormed) it still decimated that style hard and in a way that I think might lend itself to dominating it in the future.


I actually wonder about the archon toilet. In PvZ it's uniquely good because Z has no feedback/EMP. Against Terran I wonder how useful it can be-- it seems much more hit and miss, so to speak.


Tbh it's pretty much a massive gamble because you're relying on avoiding an AoE energy drain coming from a cloaked unit.

Self-evidently can be effective, but it's pretty much as volatile as the HT/Ghost relationship without the advantage of being able to have multiple units you can split (only one Mothership).


Yes its still a gamble but the archons werent even the most important part of it. What I believe helped him most was that he got half of the BCs out of the fight so that he could kill other half. Unless you go MVP style full turtle (which is kinda awesome on rare occaions he brings it out) you arent going to have an insane ghost count compared to your opponents HT count which nullify yamato fairly well and storm which is hard for BCs to move out of and even the archon splash which I think is more effective to just take than to try and split but I dont have much to go on for that.


It was a hell of a smart positioning on where he dropped the Vortex, agreed.

I think MVP's problem at that point was he didn't know what to do about the vortex. When half your BC army gets vortexed like that do you want to throw everything in it and hope you got enough or try to pull back until the rest of your army is released? I mean...how many times does terran even have to make that kind of decision? It's not like BC play is exactly massively explored.

I think MVP might have even been better off keeping those Vikings honestly. Might have sniped the mothership.



If this becomes the "lategame" TvP go-to situation i think it could be quite intresting to see the potential ways it can be fleshed out for terran.

After a few tests,
1: To emp a mothership the hitbox is quite large so unlike mutalisks you dont have to hit right on the small dot you can actually just hit near-ish the edge of the mothership. In that exact situation an emp on the mothership was probabaly a guarenteed win for MVP
2: In that engagement a ton of feedbacks went off, is there an arguement for terran emp'ing their own battlecruisers before the engagement to nullify the feedbacks.
3: Zerg have faced this situation many times. However Corruptors are 6 range vikings are 9 range. How would that range difference affect the engagement with a few vikings.
4: If going for that similar situation as a terran, will it become a "requirement" to be liberal with scans just to get information on the positioning of the mothership for possible snipe/emp.

That seemed like an engagement where both players wernt really sure the specifics of what would happen or what response was needed, whether or not it becomes a staple of the matchup i do quite hope that situation gets fleshed out over the next few weeks..


When terran's stop being aggressive they lose their map awareness unless they stop nuking and just scan non stop.

This is true for mech play and it will be true for BC play.
By the truth we are undone. Life is a dream. Tis waking that kills us. He who robs us of our dreams robs us of our life --Orlando: A Biography
Sea_aeS
Profile Joined November 2011
1025 Posts
May 19 2012 16:21 GMT
#7218
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


People (Terran) whine about Protoss being OP for what ? 1year max... And i dont think people argue that terran wasnt OP (much more than P now) the first year (and half :<). Balance of the present should not be based on the injustice of the past. Terran was OP ok but it s not a reason to nerf it more and more until they are unplayable ;and i am talking about casual players like me more than for pros. I am maybe wrong but i really think Terran has more talented than the other races, but i may be biased, which explain a part of their domination.
napo
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Romania622 Posts
May 19 2012 16:21 GMT
#7219
On May 20 2012 01:03 Biane wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


Nice knowing you i guess. Good to know that no one here really cares about what you just posted or your 'departure' (except me who took 10 seconds to reply) and will continue to live their internet lives like nothing has happened.
Wrong. I took the time to read it and it was a good read.
Though we strike at you from the shadows, do not think that we lack the courage to stand in the light.
Hakanfrog
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden690 Posts
May 19 2012 16:25 GMT
#7220
On May 20 2012 00:47 ][Primarch][ wrote:
After watching the game on metropolis my heart died and I have added pure hate to the love I have for starcraft. This game is completely broken. Archon toilet is just one example of how Protoss detroys this game. This is not about being a fanboy, MVP won but all I could think about is that Protoss is broken and it stops us all from playing a fair game in a true RTS fashion.


Like yeah, if MvP only would have had some spell which could nuke the mothership down from a safe range, or even a spell that could drain all the energy from the mothership.

Damn you blizzard for not adding these spells!!!
Prev 1 359 360 361 362 363 369 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2521
NotJumperer 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever919
NeuroSwarm186
Other Games
summit1g5615
Coldzera 785
Day[9].tv731
JimRising 626
C9.Mang0348
PiGStarcraft247
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick857
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream369
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 135
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv731
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 27m
Afreeca Starleague
7h 27m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
21h 27m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 8h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.