• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 11:44
CEST 17:44
KST 00:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9345 users

[Code S] Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 362

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 360 361 362 363 364 369 Next
Asvhald
Profile Joined April 2011
Spain199 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 16:32:13
May 19 2012 16:25 GMT
#7221
On May 20 2012 01:19 MVTaylor wrote:
Just finished watching the VODs as I slept through the finas (damn you MLG!)

*THE* moment on game 5 was nuts, completely crazy to see and as for the intensity of game 7, immense. Listening to MVP speaking afterwards about his parents and such there really is no doubt, he deserves that fourth GSL, what a champion.

+ Show Spoiler +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


PS: Love a good martyrdom ban, so brave~~~~


What? I don't want to be banned, nor am I "lolol terran op inb4 ban" posting, I think. I just wanted to share my accumulated feelings as a Protoss fan today, not bash anyone :O.
sirreginold
Profile Joined September 2011
United States557 Posts
May 19 2012 16:28 GMT
#7222
I don't like how Gomtv has the runner up standing next to the winner. Sometimes the loser just wants to sit in his booth to collect his thoughts.
Hakanfrog
Profile Joined October 2011
Sweden690 Posts
May 19 2012 16:30 GMT
#7223
On May 20 2012 01:01 Sroobz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


But Mvp and MMA are FAR better than all the Protoss players out there...stop being so close minded.


Oh the irony.
david0925
Profile Joined September 2010
212 Posts
May 19 2012 16:39 GMT
#7224
Grats to MVP and big thanks to both players for putting on a great series.

As to the balance whine (TvP or PvT)....it's a must in any tournament report i guess.
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
May 19 2012 16:41 GMT
#7225
I don't even like watching TvP but I really felt that this was a fantastic series. Glad I stayed up for it, the last game especially was so fucking tense, I thought MVP was done when his first push got repelled.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Dyllyn
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Singapore670 Posts
May 19 2012 16:42 GMT
#7226
On May 20 2012 01:30 Hakanfrog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 01:01 Sroobz wrote:
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


But Mvp and MMA are FAR better than all the Protoss players out there...stop being so close minded.


Oh the irony.


oh the 4 gsl championship wins. mvp's proved his mettle
scv rush ftw
LgN.EijZrA
Profile Joined March 2012
United States38 Posts
May 19 2012 16:57 GMT
#7227
A lot of in Semi/Quarter finals though.

No Z at all.
"Grand Master"
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 19 2012 16:57 GMT
#7228
Does anyone know the song played when MVP won?
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
MegaFonzie
Profile Joined April 2011
Australia1084 Posts
May 19 2012 16:58 GMT
#7229
I just finished watching the VODs.

I can't comprehend how some of you manage to take such a wonderful, eventful series (perhaps the greatest in sc2 to this date?) and degenerate to stupid balance whining. If you couldn't enjoy that series for what it was; a clash of two fantastically skilled starcraft professionals, then you might as well just quit following the damn scene.

I haven't felt so emotionally attached to any series in sc2 like I did this one, it was truly remarkable. I feel incredibly sorry for those who couldn't look past their own perceptions of balance and just enjoy it, because you seriously missed out.
@x5_MegaFonzie
bkp
Profile Joined December 2010
Poland12 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 17:06:57
May 19 2012 17:04 GMT
#7230
On May 20 2012 01:58 MegaFonzie wrote:
I just finished watching the VODs.

I can't comprehend how some of you manage to take such a wonderful, eventful series (perhaps the greatest in sc2 to this date?) and degenerate to stupid balance whining. If you couldn't enjoy that series for what it was; a clash of two fantastically skilled starcraft professionals, then you might as well just quit following the damn scene.

I haven't felt so emotionally attached to any series in sc2 like I did this one, it was truly remarkable. I feel incredibly sorry for those who couldn't look past their own perceptions of balance and just enjoy it, because you seriously missed out.


Missed what ?? are you blind man ?? in last game he didnt even micro scv , he lost them all and still win that , when he shouldn't .
Today Squirtle play better but he dont play Terran thats all .

Chunhyang
Profile Joined December 2011
Bangladesh1389 Posts
May 19 2012 17:04 GMT
#7231
Squirtle's going to be around Code S/A for awhile. He's good enough. I think he's got what it takes among the various Protoss contenders to be the best!

MVP deserved that. The game was so exciting, game seven. Like a boxer deciding to go all out in the first round, using up all his wind, swinging like Tyson.

Got a couple of points:

1. The GSL champion's race isn't all that reliable an indicator of the strongest race at the moment, though it does mean something. Zerg was not the strongest race the first two seasons, despite Dealer and Tea.

2. Terran having the most championships, means that T has been the strongest race historically, over a period of almost two years. It doesn't mean it's the strongest race right now at this instant moment.

If you could reason with haters, there would be no haters. YGTMYFT
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 19 2012 17:08 GMT
#7232
On May 20 2012 02:04 bkp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 01:58 MegaFonzie wrote:
I just finished watching the VODs.

I can't comprehend how some of you manage to take such a wonderful, eventful series (perhaps the greatest in sc2 to this date?) and degenerate to stupid balance whining. If you couldn't enjoy that series for what it was; a clash of two fantastically skilled starcraft professionals, then you might as well just quit following the damn scene.

I haven't felt so emotionally attached to any series in sc2 like I did this one, it was truly remarkable. I feel incredibly sorry for those who couldn't look past their own perceptions of balance and just enjoy it, because you seriously missed out.


Missed what ?? are you blind man ?? in last game he didnt even micro scv , he lost them all and still win that , when he shouldn't .
Today Squirtle play better but he dont play Terran thats all .



Please. For your own good do not watch any SC2 ever again. If you could not appreciate that series then you cannot call yourself a fan of starcraft...
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
densha
Profile Joined December 2010
United States797 Posts
May 19 2012 17:11 GMT
#7233
I can't believe there's balance whining here! This was an amazing finals with some great games and possibly the best moment ever in any SC2 game played yet (you know which moment I'm talking about).

The final game really came down to micro and don't forget that Squirtle over-extended and lost stalkers - it wasn't a clear or easy win for MVP at all. Also don't forget those mistakes Squirtle made in his first games, either.

This is definitely my favorite GSL finals ever. Thank you to MVP showing that skill > race, skill > luck, skill > all in SC2.
If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
May 19 2012 17:15 GMT
#7234
I've never felt such strong emotions watching Starcraft as I did in game 7. Only game that comes close is last game between Thorzain/Naniwa in TSL3, mostly due to Day9's solo casting. Incredible series, SC2 rocks!!!!
Pandain
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States12989 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 17:27:14
May 19 2012 17:24 GMT
#7235
Poll: Best game of all time

Game 5 Squirtle MVP (29)
 
49%

Game 5 Nestea SC (16)
 
27%

Game 7 DRG MMA (14)
 
24%

59 total votes

Your vote: Best game of all time

(Vote): Game 5 Nestea SC
(Vote): Game 5 Squirtle MVP
(Vote): Game 7 DRG MMA



Poll: Best Series of all Time

Squirtle MVP (29)
 
60%

DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup) (13)
 
27%

Jjajki Leenock (2)
 
4%

(2)
 
4%

Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL) (1)
 
2%

Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI) (1)
 
2%

Leenock MVP (0)
 
0%

48 total votes

Your vote: Best Series of all Time

(Vote): Squirtle MVP
(Vote): DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup)
(Vote): Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL)
(Vote): Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI)
(Vote): Leenock MVP
(Vote): Jjajki Leenock
(Vote):


boxturtle
Profile Joined December 2011
United States224 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 17:37:09
May 19 2012 17:36 GMT
#7236
On May 20 2012 02:08 NexUmbra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 02:04 bkp wrote:
On May 20 2012 01:58 MegaFonzie wrote:
I just finished watching the VODs.

I can't comprehend how some of you manage to take such a wonderful, eventful series (perhaps the greatest in sc2 to this date?) and degenerate to stupid balance whining. If you couldn't enjoy that series for what it was; a clash of two fantastically skilled starcraft professionals, then you might as well just quit following the damn scene.

I haven't felt so emotionally attached to any series in sc2 like I did this one, it was truly remarkable. I feel incredibly sorry for those who couldn't look past their own perceptions of balance and just enjoy it, because you seriously missed out.


Missed what ?? are you blind man ?? in last game he didnt even micro scv , he lost them all and still win that , when he shouldn't .
Today Squirtle play better but he dont play Terran thats all .



Please. For your own good do not watch any SC2 ever again. If you could not appreciate that series then you cannot call yourself a fan of starcraft...


This please. Seriously can't believe that can be a valid sentiment.

By the way you probably shouldn't watch DotA or LoL either if you think anything's imbalanced.
bkp
Profile Joined December 2010
Poland12 Posts
May 19 2012 17:40 GMT
#7237
On May 20 2012 02:36 boxturtle wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 02:08 NexUmbra wrote:
On May 20 2012 02:04 bkp wrote:
On May 20 2012 01:58 MegaFonzie wrote:
I just finished watching the VODs.

I can't comprehend how some of you manage to take such a wonderful, eventful series (perhaps the greatest in sc2 to this date?) and degenerate to stupid balance whining. If you couldn't enjoy that series for what it was; a clash of two fantastically skilled starcraft professionals, then you might as well just quit following the damn scene.

I haven't felt so emotionally attached to any series in sc2 like I did this one, it was truly remarkable. I feel incredibly sorry for those who couldn't look past their own perceptions of balance and just enjoy it, because you seriously missed out.


Missed what ?? are you blind man ?? in last game he didnt even micro scv , he lost them all and still win that , when he shouldn't .
Today Squirtle play better but he dont play Terran thats all .



Please. For your own good do not watch any SC2 ever again. If you could not appreciate that series then you cannot call yourself a fan of starcraft...


This please. Seriously can't believe that can be a valid sentiment.

By the way you probably shouldn't watch DotA or LoL either if you think anything's imbalanced.


Yes i care a lot , about your advice mr.bronze .


User was warned for this post
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
May 19 2012 17:46 GMT
#7238
OMFG never doubt the heart of the champion hahahaha!!! MVP is too fucking good and so is Squirtle, grazt to both for the best GSL final ever in the history!!!
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
May 19 2012 17:49 GMT
#7239
On May 20 2012 02:24 Pandain wrote:
Poll: Best game of all time

Game 5 Squirtle MVP (29)
 
49%

Game 5 Nestea SC (16)
 
27%

Game 7 DRG MMA (14)
 
24%

59 total votes

Your vote: Best game of all time

(Vote): Game 5 Nestea SC
(Vote): Game 5 Squirtle MVP
(Vote): Game 7 DRG MMA



Poll: Best Series of all Time

Squirtle MVP (29)
 
60%

DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup) (13)
 
27%

Jjajki Leenock (2)
 
4%

(2)
 
4%

Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL) (1)
 
2%

Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI) (1)
 
2%

Leenock MVP (0)
 
0%

48 total votes

Your vote: Best Series of all Time

(Vote): Squirtle MVP
(Vote): DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup)
(Vote): Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL)
(Vote): Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI)
(Vote): Leenock MVP
(Vote): Jjajki Leenock
(Vote):




Game 7 DRG MMA was annoying because shak plat isn't very good for Z ;p
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
Denzil
Profile Joined August 2010
United Kingdom4193 Posts
May 19 2012 17:49 GMT
#7240
On May 20 2012 01:25 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 01:19 MVTaylor wrote:
Just finished watching the VODs as I slept through the finas (damn you MLG!)

*THE* moment on game 5 was nuts, completely crazy to see and as for the intensity of game 7, immense. Listening to MVP speaking afterwards about his parents and such there really is no doubt, he deserves that fourth GSL, what a champion.

+ Show Spoiler +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


PS: Love a good martyrdom ban, so brave~~~~


What? I don't want to be banned, nor am I "lolol terran op inb4 ban" posting, I think. I just wanted to share my accumulated feelings as a Protoss fan today, not bash anyone :O.


Why haven't you left the LR thread hours ago? If the LR thread makes you mad, leave.
Anna: So Sen how will you prepare for your revenge v MC? Sen: With a smile.
Prev 1 360 361 362 363 364 369 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 680
ComeBackTV 459
SteadfastSC414
Rex116
EnkiAlexander 53
CosmosSc2 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 414
ProTech132
Rex 116
CosmosSc2 50
UpATreeSC 28
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 42527
Jaedong 1325
Hyuk 1121
Mini 631
Soma 611
Horang2 565
EffOrt 506
BeSt 469
Larva 393
Soulkey 334
[ Show more ]
ZerO 290
Last 226
Stork 224
Snow 210
ggaemo 209
Rush 192
hero 76
Mind 74
Liquid`Ret 46
Sharp 39
Killer 36
Shinee 35
Free 32
ToSsGirL 25
Shine 25
Terrorterran 24
sorry 20
Trap 18
HiyA 16
Rock 15
yabsab 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7348
qojqva1734
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
Fnx 806
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2463
Khaldor1897
Other Games
ArmadaUGS2827
singsing2055
B2W.Neo933
hiko844
byalli449
Liquid`VortiX152
KnowMe120
QueenE84
Mew2King78
Trikslyr27
Railgan15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream105
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• mYiSmile118
• Adnapsc2 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• intothetv
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 24
• FirePhoenix5
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2671
League of Legends
• Nemesis2026
• Jankos1090
• TFBlade757
Other Games
• Shiphtur338
• WagamamaTV231
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
18h 16m
OSC
21h 16m
Stellar Fest
21h 16m
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 21h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.