• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:47
CEST 11:47
KST 18:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9317 users

[Code S] Grand Finals 2012 GSL Season 2 - Page 363

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 361 362 363 364 365 369 Next
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 17:51:58
May 19 2012 17:50 GMT
#7241
Protoss players whining about imba and writing long essays about quitting the game after watching a nailbighting 7 game series where Squirtle barely lost to the greatest sc2 player of all time. Yeah OKAY guys...
Eraserhead
Profile Joined October 2011
159 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 17:55:17
May 19 2012 17:54 GMT
#7242
I just watched the vods, kinda dissapointed with the games after all the "OMG SO EPIC BLABLABLA" talk on reddit, people are saying that game 5 was the best game of all time when it was just a game of sitting in your base and massing units but I was happy to see that I am not the only one who goes mass BC on metropolis. I also think Squirtle played really poorly for a GSL finalist therefore I'm happy MVP won it.
delayed reflex
Profile Joined July 2010
Canada358 Posts
May 19 2012 18:01 GMT
#7243
Man can't believe I went to bed after the first 3 games, I was sure it was going to be another GSL finals blowout! Stupid fatigure
FabledIntegral
Profile Blog Joined November 2008
United States9232 Posts
May 19 2012 18:01 GMT
#7244
I was a little disappointed that it went into the stereotypical "if T allins, he wins, if P macros, wins."

Possible exception was game 6 where Squirtle massively botched the attack when he had a BO counter.
ProxyKnoxy
Profile Joined April 2011
United Kingdom2576 Posts
May 19 2012 18:01 GMT
#7245
On May 20 2012 02:54 Eraserhead wrote:
I just watched the vods, kinda dissapointed with the games after all the "OMG SO EPIC BLABLABLA" talk on reddit, people are saying that game 5 was the best game of all time when it was just a game of sitting in your base and massing units but I was happy to see that I am not the only one who goes mass BC on metropolis. I also think Squirtle played really poorly for a GSL finalist therefore I'm happy MVP won it.


I guess it doesn't really work when you know the score and you know what's going to happen, and you're also not watching it live.

Game 5 was sooooooooo epic man I don't know what you're talking about. I was shaking after that!
"Zealot try give mariners high five. Mariners not like high five and try hide and shoot zealot"
ppshchik
Profile Joined September 2010
United States862 Posts
May 19 2012 18:03 GMT
#7246
Could MVP have won Game 5 if he just yamato'ed the Mothership before the vortex?
Legends never die... they end up working in McDonalds.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
May 19 2012 18:12 GMT
#7247
all i can say is wow
][Primarch][
Profile Joined February 2012
Sweden302 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 18:20:55
May 19 2012 18:12 GMT
#7248
On May 20 2012 03:03 ppshchik wrote:
Could MVP have won Game 5 if he just yamato'ed the Mothership before the vortex?


Vortex is instant, yamato needs a long charge-up and I think several yamatos are needed. As soon as the vortex goes of and there are 2-3 archons and a bunch of storms every air-army vanishes. It's the sad story of when 30 army supply beats 200/200 3/3/3 BC and it usually looks insanely one-sided. Watching that engagement the protoss army was tiny compared to MVP's
Huge fan of Empire Kas, The Destroyer of Worlds, The Machine, The Second Terminator, The Supreme Robot!
Genome852
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States979 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-05-19 18:21:25
May 19 2012 18:16 GMT
#7249
On May 20 2012 01:25 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 01:19 MVTaylor wrote:
Just finished watching the VODs as I slept through the finas (damn you MLG!)

*THE* moment on game 5 was nuts, completely crazy to see and as for the intensity of game 7, immense. Listening to MVP speaking afterwards about his parents and such there really is no doubt, he deserves that fourth GSL, what a champion.

+ Show Spoiler +
On May 20 2012 00:51 Asvhald wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2012 20:41 Blazinghand wrote:
On May 19 2012 20:39 Lightspeaker wrote:
I'm actually not all that unhappy with the principle of MVP getting a fourth championship because he's a great player. But it seriously bugs me when I see constant Terran whining in light of that kind of record.


Honestly, Terran is the best race, and our GSL results prove it. If I were a zerg or protoss player I'd seriously consider switching to Terran. As a Terran player I need not do any considering :D


This. Sir, I commend you for not being a fanboy (unlike me, probably) and for acknowledging cold hard facts.

There is an old saying about football (soccer), which states "Football is a game, played 11 versus 11, where, in the end, Germany always wins". I think a similar saying could be coined about SC2: "Starcraft 2 is a game, played 1 versus 1, where, in the end, Terran always wins".

I don't want to say this or that is OP, (insert balance whine here), yadda yadda. I honestly don't know where the answer lies anymore. Why the race I dislike the most (not by default. In the beta, I thought Zerg were OP and thus, rooted for Terran against them all the time. Then the tides changed, GSL came, and my "disliked" race became Terran) always seems to win, while the one that I root for (fell in love with Protoss playing the SC1 campaign back in the day), mostly, can't win for jack shit.

Me and my friends used to purchase GSL tickets for every season, from Open Season 3 up until the GomTvT era, where we got pissed off and tired of the Terran domination, and decided not to watch it further. I personally would watch games here and there, from other tournaments, up until IEM Cologne finals between MC and Puma (which IMHO constituted the greatest bullshit I've ever seen in esports, inspired that one writing by tree.hugger). Then I decided this game wasn't worth watching anymore for me so, from then on, I would just check this site's LR treads (my heart goes out to all people who LR, you guys are so selfless and awesome) and check the day's results.

Now, I think I will stop doing that too. LRs are still as good as they come, but lately I feel an ever increasing need to throw up every time I get to read Terran fans bashing Protoss non-stop, even as they keep winning an astounding majority of the stuff. Really? I know every race's fans get to complain. Zerg, Protoss, Terran, no one is different in that regard. Personally, I don't mind a race's complaints, be them fair or not, when the race is suffering. I may or may not agree with the Zerg complaints this GSL, just to state an example, but I recognize things have been hard for them (0 members of your race in the Ro8 GSL is a spot no one wants to be in).

But Terran fans bashing protoss with sledgehammers as they win their 8th GSL title (let's recall, MVP has 4, MMA has 2, Polt and Jjakji have 1 each) while those OP tosses have a staggering number amounting to 1/4th of those wins, just makes me sick. It reminds me of those old movies portraying the Roman age (warning: analogy is not meant to be literal), where a big crowd cheers and laughs as a few Christians get eaten by lions.

It makes me so sad, how I game I used to love watching and following has turned into this bit by bit, for me. I'm not anyone special, a random nobody here, but I'm inclined to think more people can relate their feelings today to mine own. I think, perhaps, all non-Terran players should switch to Terran, so it will be TvT forever, and we get rid of this beating of a dead horse, there being no horse left to beat. Me, I think I'll stick to Dota 2 tournaments from now on, and leave this game to those who still have something to cheer for.

Goodbye and have fun all, from a sad random Protoss supporter.


PS: Love a good martyrdom ban, so brave~~~~


What? I don't want to be banned, nor am I "lolol terran op inb4 ban" posting, I think. I just wanted to share my accumulated feelings as a Protoss fan today, not bash anyone :O.


All you wrote was a wall of balance whine text. Fruitdealer won GSL1 when zerg was really bad (fungal did 1/2 the DPS that it does now, 3 range roaches... anyone else remember?)... doesn't mean zerg WASN'T terribly underpowered just because he won the tournament. Try appreciating player skill rather than saying their wins come from the race they play... ugh
chocopaw
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
2072 Posts
May 19 2012 18:28 GMT
#7250
OMG i had to leave for work after game 2 and wasn't even sure if I'd watch the games when I come home, but this was just so awesome. I'm still so pumped, no idea how I should go on with this evening, I'm stuck watching this over and over again. :D

http://twitter.com/lechocopaw
DaRKMaTT3r
Profile Joined November 2010
Brazil553 Posts
May 19 2012 18:35 GMT
#7251
On May 20 2012 03:12 ][Primarch][ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 20 2012 03:03 ppshchik wrote:
Could MVP have won Game 5 if he just yamato'ed the Mothership before the vortex?


Vortex is instant, yamato needs a long charge-up and I think several yamatos are needed. As soon as the vortex goes of and there are 2-3 archons and a bunch of storms every air-army vanishes. It's the sad story of when 30 army supply beats 200/200 3/3/3 BC and it usually looks insanely one-sided. Watching that engagement the protoss army was tiny compared to MVP's


Vortex is instant but doesnt come out instantly, because Mothership can only cast when it completely stops moving. So everytime you give an order to Vortex an area, the only way it will vortex instantly is if its in range and the MS is completely standing still, which never happens because it usually is behind you army. Usually when you vortex an area you notice a big delay between giving the order and see it going off.

I think the storms/massfeedback/VRs did the job far more than the archons, BCs are not biological, so archons doesnt do massive damage like they do to Broodlords, also BC acceleration is bigger than BLs so they might not take as much attacks before spacing out.

I just wonder what would have happened if MVP didnt throw all those vikings and retained a bunch with his BC army, just theorycrafting but i think that encounter would have gone a lot different. Sad to see another protoss falls so close, congrats to MVP either way. =(
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
May 19 2012 18:36 GMT
#7252
I avoided spoilers all morning and just finished watching the VODs and man, what an epic series. I was really worried given how lackluster the RO4 was, but I should have gotten up earlier and watched it live. Teach me to sleep in on my day off!
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Tachion
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Canada8573 Posts
May 19 2012 18:36 GMT
#7253
game 5 was incredibly unique, especially for a finals game, but yea it was actually quite bad in that there was no back and forth action for long stretches of time. I actually found the dual sight game after that overall better and more tense with the tank contain than turtling behind PF's while nothing really happens for 15 mins.
i was driving down the road this november eve and spotted a hitchhiker walking down the street. i pulled over and saw that it was only a tree. i uprooted it and put it in my trunk. do trees like marshmallow peeps? cause that's all i have and will have.
Bashion
Profile Joined February 2011
Cook Islands2612 Posts
May 19 2012 18:38 GMT
#7254
This is was by far the best GSL finals. Even as a protoss fan boy, i was amazed by MVP's play.

Of course im sad cause a protoss didnt win (again), but the better player deserved the victory.
I've got moves like Jagger
Berceno
Profile Joined May 2012
Spain401 Posts
May 19 2012 18:44 GMT
#7255
On May 20 2012 03:28 chocopaw wrote:
OMG i had to leave for work after game 2 and wasn't even sure if I'd watch the games when I come home, but this was just so awesome. I'm still so pumped, no idea how I should go on with this evening, I'm stuck watching this over and over again. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poMscJSb2u8



me too, it was just incredible, best game i've seen
protoss living in da ghetto
las91
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
United States5080 Posts
May 19 2012 18:46 GMT
#7256
On May 20 2012 02:24 Pandain wrote:
Poll: Best game of all time

Game 5 Squirtle MVP (29)
 
49%

Game 5 Nestea SC (16)
 
27%

Game 7 DRG MMA (14)
 
24%

59 total votes

Your vote: Best game of all time

(Vote): Game 5 Nestea SC
(Vote): Game 5 Squirtle MVP
(Vote): Game 7 DRG MMA



Poll: Best Series of all Time

Squirtle MVP (29)
 
60%

DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup) (13)
 
27%

Jjajki Leenock (2)
 
4%

(2)
 
4%

Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL) (1)
 
2%

Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI) (1)
 
2%

Leenock MVP (0)
 
0%

48 total votes

Your vote: Best Series of all Time

(Vote): Squirtle MVP
(Vote): DRG MMA(Blizzard Cup)
(Vote): Kiwikaki Stephano(IPL)
(Vote): Morrow-Kiwikaki (SCRI)
(Vote): Leenock MVP
(Vote): Jjajki Leenock
(Vote):




If people vote MVP/Squirtle game 5 they haven't watched NesTea/SC game 5. NesTea/SC game 5 was far more entertaining throughout the whole game and came down to the last units whereas a poorly positioned army from MVP won Squirtle the 5th game last night. Lucky vortex != best game of all time (And I'm a Protoss player)
In Inca we trust
4of8
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany256 Posts
May 19 2012 18:46 GMT
#7257
On May 20 2012 03:01 delayed reflex wrote:
Man can't believe I went to bed after the first 3 games, I was sure it was going to be another GSL finals blowout! Stupid fatigure

I didn't went to bed, but still stopped watching after the first 3 games and now I am just WTF...
neoghaleon55
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7435 Posts
May 19 2012 18:50 GMT
#7258
On May 20 2012 03:38 Bashion wrote:
This is was by far the best GSL finals. Even as a protoss fan boy, i was amazed by MVP's play.

Of course im sad cause a protoss didnt win (again), but the better player deserved the victory.


wow protoss hasn't won a GSL in over a year.
I'm really interesting on how Squirtle and Parting will develop in the following months.


moo...for DRG
CrugerDK
Profile Joined December 2011
Denmark323 Posts
May 19 2012 18:56 GMT
#7259
i've had nerd chills before. but game 5was a full blown nerdgasm. first time ive shaken after watching a game.

im disappointed squirtle didnt win - but he did play poorly the first few games, so i feel MVP deserved it.
IMoperator
Profile Joined October 2011
4476 Posts
May 19 2012 18:56 GMT
#7260
I went to bed after the first game squirtle won lol, too bad I missed all of the actual good games :/
Prev 1 361 362 363 364 365 369 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech99
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 741
Soma 435
910 359
BeSt 330
Hyuk 302
Light 274
Horang2 250
Pusan 117
Dewaltoss 95
EffOrt 89
[ Show more ]
Jaedong 66
Shinee 56
Stork 55
Killer 48
ZerO 43
Mong 41
Yoon 38
Rush 32
Mind 30
Bale 27
Sharp 23
NotJumperer 23
yabsab 18
ZergMaN 18
sorry 17
hero 11
Noble 7
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe294
League of Legends
JimRising 389
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1344
pashabiceps781
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2389
Khaldor614
Other Games
gofns31368
singsing1351
ceh9644
XBOCT361
DeMusliM175
Pyrionflax137
Mew2King137
ArmadaUGS43
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick626
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream246
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH246
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2245
League of Legends
• Jankos1508
• Stunt459
Other Games
• WagamamaTV150
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 13m
Stellar Fest
3h 13m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.