• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:13
CEST 02:13
KST 09:13
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)22Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7998 users

[GSL] Up & Down Matches Day 1 - Page 113

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 116 Next
Bobster
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany3075 Posts
May 09 2011 22:00 GMT
#2241
Jinro
[GiTM]-Ace
Profile Joined September 2002
United States4935 Posts
May 09 2011 22:02 GMT
#2242
hmm I thought Jinro would win today for sure. These up/down matches are getting harder and harder though.

Code A isnt the end of the world though even MVP had to battle his way through code A. And who knows if he will make it back in code S....
I may not be the best player right now but I think I can beat any 'best' players. I'll beat all the best players and become the best player. Watch me. - Jju
mitthrawn
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany443 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 22:04:22
May 09 2011 22:03 GMT
#2243
Funny, all of a sudden Jinro is bad and 'not good anymore' for Code S. Give that guy a break. Yes, he isn't doing that well lately but MVP ended up in Code A at some point as well, yet he managed to come back from it.

You can see from his reactions that he cares A LOT about his defeats. Sometimes you just practice too hard or you are too much into developing new strategies and styles that you gonna lose your focus. Such things can happen to the best.
/o\
s4life
Profile Joined March 2007
Peru1519 Posts
May 09 2011 22:04 GMT
#2244
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
May 09 2011 22:06 GMT
#2245
On May 10 2011 07:04 s4life wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.


Losing a few games is not the same as losing a series. Drewbie is no where near Jinro/Huk level, let alone top korean level.
The Notorious Winkles
I)etox
Profile Joined April 2011
1240 Posts
May 09 2011 22:07 GMT
#2246
Jinro seems to be slumping. Saw a couple matches of him on ladder and it wasn't that impressive... He's got to evolve with the metagame or he'll be left behind
s4life
Profile Joined March 2007
Peru1519 Posts
May 09 2011 22:14 GMT
#2247
On May 10 2011 07:06 rysecake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 07:04 s4life wrote:
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.


Losing a few games is not the same as losing a series. Drewbie is no where near Jinro/Huk level, let alone top korean level.


You talk like if your statement was true and proven, notwithstanding the fact that often it's the hype and exposure what changes the perception of skill of a player rather than the skill itself. Just look at the results of the last MLG.. I really don't think you can say Huk did perform in a whole other level as compared to drewbie.. they finished one-off from each other.
Mordiford
Profile Joined April 2011
4448 Posts
May 09 2011 22:18 GMT
#2248
On May 10 2011 07:06 rysecake wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 07:04 s4life wrote:
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.


Losing a few games is not the same as losing a series. Drewbie is no where near Jinro/Huk level, let alone top korean level.


They've taken games off each other in the past, off the top of my head, I can remember Drewbie beating Huk in a series and Huk doing the same to Drewbie.

Drewbie is a top level player just as well, his focus is just on NA so far.
s4life
Profile Joined March 2007
Peru1519 Posts
May 09 2011 22:24 GMT
#2249
On May 10 2011 07:18 Mordiford wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 07:06 rysecake wrote:
On May 10 2011 07:04 s4life wrote:
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.


Losing a few games is not the same as losing a series. Drewbie is no where near Jinro/Huk level, let alone top korean level.


They've taken games off each other in the past, off the top of my head, I can remember Drewbie beating Huk in a series and Huk doing the same to Drewbie.

Drewbie is a top level player just as well, his focus is just on NA so far.


Yeah, it's amazing how the fanboy mentality has become so predominant in these forums.. people talk so much shit and look down on the skills of certain playerss just because they are not hyped enough, they don't look cool or they don't cuss enough in their streams.
Chicane
Profile Joined November 2010
United States7875 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-05-09 22:33:16
May 09 2011 22:31 GMT
#2250
On May 09 2011 21:10 Misoza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 09 2011 21:07 Asparagus wrote:
On May 09 2011 21:06 Misoza wrote:
lol at zerg's rating any macro game they win as 5 stars.


the poll asks how did the loser of the match perform...



not sure if serious.


Hah.

Anyway... ya, the whole high rating for zergs that win in a macro game will always be a part of TL.

On topic... I'm sad to see Jinro go, and quite surprised by San leaving, but I guess he doesn't have the best PvP. I really would have rather seen him stay than Tester, since Tester hasn't done much in a long while... then again not really any Protoss has other than MC (and a little bit from AnyPro and San). Inca doesn't count. :-|
Scrandom
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada2819 Posts
May 09 2011 23:27 GMT
#2251
Can't believe Jinro lost, also did Keen do a ceremony
question
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
Czech Republic509 Posts
May 09 2011 23:32 GMT
#2252
Just saw the games.Jinro got outplayed in all 4 games.I honnestle would be pretty angry if he won just by that scvs rushes versus zenio.Especially after that great Zenio play at game one.Also Coca played pretty damn good.Its good to see new zerg in code S.
I hope Jinro get better and maybe return to code S,but now i rly feel hes too week for that (or maybe too tilted).
GGverySooN
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
May 09 2011 23:48 GMT
#2253
Argh. Jinro T_T
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
Thrill
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
2599 Posts
May 09 2011 23:53 GMT
#2254
I think it's psychological.

He needs another MLG win or equal to boost his confidence back to where it should be.
Kyhol
Profile Blog Joined October 2008
Canada2575 Posts
May 09 2011 23:56 GMT
#2255
I think it's an issue of style. Jinro was much too passive in these games. The only effective aggressive he used was 2raxrush.
Wishing you well.
thesums
Profile Joined December 2010
Taiwan257 Posts
May 10 2011 00:03 GMT
#2256
i think jinro need to vary the degree of his bunker rushes, sometimes bring more, sometimes less SCVs. And comparing with other good terrans, i think he needs to be more "annoying" with drops, like multiple locations, followed up by a good mid game timing tank push. Cause leaving zerg alone is really bad idea.
Bart
Profile Joined November 2010
494 Posts
May 10 2011 00:15 GMT
#2257
I think Jinro's rise to fame coincided with Terran's rise at that time. After that when Blizzard nerfed Terran Jinro still managed to hang on to Code S because ppl were still figuring out how to beat Terran. Now, in the past 2 months leading up to this point, ppl have figured out how to beat Terran and Jinro has not figured out how to counter this.

HuK is the same imo. He rose to Code S on the back of some very good luck and Protoss at that time owning everybody and ppl were trying to figure out how to beat Protoss. Now that Zerg and Terran have figured out how to handle/beat the Protoss deathball and the early 4-gate HuK is having a tough time.

I would also say that confidence and frustration played a part in Jinro and HuK's decline in form over the past few months. Like any sport, confidence and the feeling of playing at ease knowing that you have a slight advantage, whether it is because of home ground, slight race imbalance etc, has a psycological effect on not only the player but on his opponent as well which affects the way they play, ie less mistakes, confidence to be the attacker or to try a new build, better timing etc. Now in the past few months, Jinro and HuK have played in a few online tournaments and crashed out. Whether it was because of Korean lag (which they now refuse to participate in online tournaments that do not accomodate them), getting up early in the morning to play games, lack of time to practice with all the travelling and GSL's tight schedule etc. This has affected their confidence and has frustrated them quite a bit as evident by the tone of their posts in recent months.

Hopefully they can get out of the slump and I believe that they will. I think the only way to do it is, like every other sport out there, to dig deep and practice harder than everybody.

So in conclusion to my post, even though I said in another post that I stopped supporting Liquid players because of the whole shebang with the Idra issue I miss the old Jinro and HuK who used to smile and joke around a lot on camera and on the forums. Good luck to them and hope they can keep the foreigner flag flying in GSL (oh darn i forgot to talk about the pressure for them representing the foreigner scene in GSL and representing one of the most followed e-sports team in the whole world).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | Fan of: MKP, Select, MC, Kripp, Purge, JP, Qpad Red Pandas
Logo2010
Profile Joined October 2010
509 Posts
May 10 2011 00:23 GMT
#2258
On May 10 2011 05:27 vict1019 wrote:
Sad to see Jinro fall. He should go back to Europe and compete in NA/EU tournaments imo.

He said he was going to stay in Korea until he drops out of Code S, so that maybe a possibility.
fatvirgin
Profile Joined September 2010
23 Posts
May 10 2011 00:39 GMT
#2259
On May 10 2011 07:04 s4life wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 10 2011 01:41 doihy wrote:
On May 10 2011 00:46 Slimijs wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:57 zerious wrote:
On May 09 2011 23:55 Maenander wrote:
On May 09 2011 22:56 eoLithic wrote:
Nature has its ways. The weaker ones has to go and the strongest remain. I think both Jinro and HuK will fall down from code-A and leave Korea together with Haypro. Honestly, I don`t see any player with enough dedication and methodical approach to the game to keep up with the koreans, except IdrA.

I think it is definitely time to realize that the koreans are one step ahead, and will always be.

I just want the better players to stay, and that is what happened today. Jinro played like a beast a month or so ago though, oh well.

It is not like Jinro and Huk had more success in foreigner tournaments lately, I doubt players like Zenio are one step ahead of the non-korean scene.


I'm pretty sure Zenio would slaughter any foreign terran.


Well

+ Show Spoiler +
Drewbie beat him 2-0 in NASL yestarday


Yea because Drewbie can totally make it through the Code A qualifiers, and then go on to Code S.


If Huk and Jinro did it, drewbie could make it too. It's all a mental state.. I don't think for a second that Jinro or Huk would win all his games against drewbie in a best of 7. They would lose just as likely.


Huk didn't even qualify for Code A.
SilverforceX
Profile Joined May 2010
Australia267 Posts
May 10 2011 00:50 GMT
#2260
Don't even blame it on Terran being "weak". There are so many other terrans doing great, many.

It's just being outplayed, that's it. Good luck to Jinro in the next season, hopefully he will do better.
Prev 1 111 112 113 114 115 116 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 47m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 12581
Rain 1775
Artosis 810
White-Ra 220
ToSsGirL 43
Dota 2
monkeys_forever616
NeuroSwarm168
League of Legends
Doublelift4286
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2278
WinterStarcraft137
Other Games
summit1g9022
shahzam687
ArmadaUGS682
Day[9].tv597
JimRising 490
C9.Mang0306
ViBE138
Maynarde117
Trikslyr46
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick745
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream116
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 95
• davetesta28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1188
• Day9tv597
• Shiphtur274
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
9h 47m
OSC
12h 47m
Stellar Fest
12h 47m
OSC
23h 47m
Stellar Fest
1d 12h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.