• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:42
CEST 21:42
KST 04:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8843 users

[GSL] S3 Grand Finals - Page 230

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 Next
toadstool
Profile Joined May 2006
Australia421 Posts
December 19 2010 06:22 GMT
#4581
On December 19 2010 15:01 Gnaix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 14:12 k20 wrote:
I'm a GSL finalist you may know me by my alternate ID IMNesTea. All I have to say after watching the event is that P is overpowered. Peace!


Yeah, maybe you're right NesTea. Considering how badly Iron was in bw, http://www.teamliquid.net/tlpd/korean/players/640_IrOn, it seems quite unusual that he could be so good at P in sc2. Therefore P must be imba.


Look at Nada, Boxer, MVP and July in BW. omg they haven't won a GSL yet.

P is imba.
NEWB?!
MysteryHours
Profile Joined September 2010
United States168 Posts
December 19 2010 06:39 GMT
#4582
On December 19 2010 15:03 mytent wrote:
I wish people would stop thinking that everyone who is hating on Rain is hating on him for his style/all-ins. Because that's not it.

In fact, if he'd managed to actually execute a proper all-in, then he would have gained a fair few fans (myself included).

No, the reason everyone is hating on Rain is because he didn't give us a good show. He didn't all-in as well as he has in the past. He panicked.

Everyone's hating on Rain for giving them an extremely boring, lopsided GSL finals.


Rain all-inning his way to the final is precisely why he's getting hate. Your last sentence doesn't even make sense because there was a lot of hate for him before the finals even started.

I'd say Rain did his part to make the finals interesting... it's like if the finals aren't the most epic games ever then people complain they sucked.
FataLe
Profile Joined November 2010
New Zealand4560 Posts
December 19 2010 06:49 GMT
#4583
On December 19 2010 15:39 MysteryHours wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 15:03 mytent wrote:
I wish people would stop thinking that everyone who is hating on Rain is hating on him for his style/all-ins. Because that's not it.

In fact, if he'd managed to actually execute a proper all-in, then he would have gained a fair few fans (myself included).

No, the reason everyone is hating on Rain is because he didn't give us a good show. He didn't all-in as well as he has in the past. He panicked.

Everyone's hating on Rain for giving them an extremely boring, lopsided GSL finals.


Rain all-inning his way to the final is precisely why he's getting hate. Your last sentence doesn't even make sense because there was a lot of hate for him before the finals even started.

I'd say Rain did his part to make the finals interesting... it's like if the finals aren't the most epic games ever then people complain they sucked.

Fruitdealer seems to have set the standard unfairly high. I agree. He's getting the hate because he for the most part All-inned to get to the finals. He has played straight up and it' has sometimes worked sometimes hasn't. That's not the point. I feel he doesn't deserve as much hate as he gets, I mean he apologized for playing the game the way he wants to, I can't believe there's still hate toward him really. I think he's a great guy, he had a reason for why he all-inned NesTea and If it's true, I wouldn't blame him for all inning.

C'mon guys, kids genuine, he said sorry (not that he should have) and he even attempted to play standard games vs Hongun & MC. He doesn't deserve this much hate. It's really sad.
hi. big fan.
TheGiftedApe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1243 Posts
December 19 2010 06:55 GMT
#4584
I think Tl.net should ban balance discussion for 5 days after every/any GSL finishes.
xO-Gaming.com || [xO]TheGiftedApe.364 || xO-Gaming Manager.
rally_point
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada458 Posts
December 19 2010 06:56 GMT
#4585
Congrats MC, you deserve it. Rep'n the brotoss!
LoLAdriankat
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States4307 Posts
December 19 2010 07:14 GMT
#4586
On December 19 2010 15:55 TheGiftedApe wrote:
I think Tl.net should ban balance discussion for 5 days after every/any GSL finishes.

We're talking about Rain being in the finals, not balance.
GeorgeForeman
Profile Joined April 2005
United States1746 Posts
December 19 2010 08:48 GMT
#4587
Entertaining finals, though MC was clearly the better player.

Game 2 was one that Rain should've won. He became too timid at pushing MC's natural, being content instead to "contain" him. Rain countered this beautifully with warp prism play which will hopefully become more popular.

I was surprised how close MC made Game 3, given the huge deficit he as in after the cloaked banshee play by Rain. Very well-thought-out build on the part of the Terran user, and well executed.

Game 4 was about the worst play vs. proxy gates I've seen. Rain needs to go check out Blizzard's "challenge" thing they do where it shows n00bs how to deal with stuff like proxy gates and 6-pools. All he needs to do is pump marines non-stop and run them back and forth from the bunker, adding more barracks both to zone the zealots and to increase his production. Even when the stalkers come out (which he should be able to scout with an SCV in MC's main), he can hold them off with large numbers of marines + bunkers until he gases up and gets a marauder out. Rain's play in this set was very disappointing, especially given how quickly it was scouted.

Overall, an entertaining series where the best player won. I hope we see more warp prism play in the future. MC's great use of warpgates to spawn units all over the map, keeping MC's marine force out of position when he decided to break the contain was probably the best I've seen thus far in SC2. I think that's the future of Toss play in general and PvT specifically.
like a school bus through a bunch of kids
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
December 19 2010 09:10 GMT
#4588
On December 19 2010 13:38 Thermia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 13:00 Chocobo wrote:
On December 19 2010 03:07 mr_tolkien wrote:
This results make no sense to me... How has Rain won a single game ? oO

Bancheese ???


On December 19 2010 05:43 headies wrote:
On December 19 2010 05:13 ToasteR_ wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Congratulation to MC for the win, I think it's what most people expected. However, Rain played a brilliant third game. Hopefully we see more play like that from him in the future.

Brilliant = winning on a gimmick like a scouted, canceled rax into banshee play? And still almost losing?

Really, MC lost that game because he got overeager with his colossus push. Definitely should have waited.

MC is just miles ahead of Rain, that series was very lopsided. Game 2 was extremely entertaining, still.


SIGH. I swear, some people must watch these tournaments just to have something to hate on. I wonder why this overly negative attitude is so prevalent for SC2 tournaments and not for most sports and competitions in general. After a competitive Super Bowl game, most people tend to be pretty happy, they saw some good action and a few exciting plays, and even if the scores weren't close later in the game, they appreciated the competition.

I think of some SC2 fans watched it, all they would talk about it how much it sucked, how Team 2 never should have gotten so far, how calling Random Defensive Play cost them the game, and just harp on everything negative they can think of.

To everyone hating on Rain... I'll consider your opinion valid when you reach the GSL finals.

In games 1 and 2, Rain brought some extremely strong offense that would have crushed every single Protoss player on these forums. MC's exceptional skill was able to show, as he managed to survive it.

In game 3 Rain thoroughly outplayed MC and defeated him with mindgames. MC is so damn good he almost stopped it, which made it more exciting than it could have been.

It fell apart for Rain after that, but you can't deny that he had three very strong games and brought a serious challenge to the heavily favored best protoss player in the world.

I just wish that fewer people would find that "being a hater" is fun for them, and instead would try out "being a Starcraft fan".


Sorry, but as you are not a GSL finalist, your opinion is invalid.


I don't think anyone using the "you aren't in the GSL finals so you don't get an opinion" excuse could ever be taken seriously ever again.. Weak; so fucking weak..
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
ChApFoU
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
France2984 Posts
December 19 2010 10:13 GMT
#4589
On December 19 2010 15:55 TheGiftedApe wrote:
I think Tl.net should ban balance discussion for 5 days after every/any GSL finishes.


+1

Seriously this is getting annoying. Personally I really enjoyed these finals.
"I honestly think that whoever invented toilet paper in a genius" Kang Min
blackbrrd
Profile Joined September 2010
Norway477 Posts
December 19 2010 11:10 GMT
#4590
I enjoyed the finals and I think the two first games were really good and interesting to watch. I just loved the taking of a another main in game #2 after seeing Rain make a bunker/tank contain in game #1.

Game #3 was interesting in it's own way and Rain won it deservedly. He really made MC guess what he was going, not allowing ANY scouting probe or unit near his base. That was just awesome. The last part of the game wasn't that interesting and Rain made some blunders there (Splitting his army when he had the bigger one?).

Game #4 was cheesy, but hey, you gotta do it at least once a match to keep your opponent off-balance. I wouldn't have minded Rain doing it to MC either.

Game #5 showed how you break bunkers as Protoss yet again.

I must say I love MC's poking with zealot/stalker/void-ray. It must be so annoying and MC usually just pulled back when he had damaged the front, not loosing anything, not over committing at all.
MG`Odien
Profile Joined December 2010
United States60 Posts
December 19 2010 11:37 GMT
#4591
Congrats to MC.
MYM.Odien, Gz)odie_us, NeO)gabuAt, ToT)Sawyer(, Sawyer, oDieN
papaz
Profile Joined December 2009
Sweden4149 Posts
December 19 2010 11:42 GMT
#4592
MC definetely deserves this. He was the best player in GSL 3 imo and it showed from start to finish. Specially his games vs MarineKingPrime. He made him look like a n00b.

So impressed of MC although cheering for MarineKingPrime in GSL 3.

Cheerio
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Ukraine3178 Posts
December 19 2010 11:43 GMT
#4593
Well after such depressing qualification for protoss there is a protoss champion after all. Terrans have 2-3 quartefinalists every season so they dont have much reason to wine as well.
Opticity
Profile Joined December 2010
Malaysia7 Posts
December 19 2010 11:44 GMT
#4594
Games 1 and 2 were superb, I'd have to say, especially game 2. MC made good use of those so underused Immortals against the contain. Aside from tanking Siege damage, they make short work of Bunkers as well.

Game 3 was well-played in Rain's part, but I'm pleasantly surprised that MC managed to survive so long and well (I know I wouldn't).

I don't understand the hate on game 4. MC tries a different style of play (perhaps to entertain fans) and all the haters surface. He doesn't proxy nearly as much as BBBPrime, who deserves the hate.

Props to MC, and I hope he continues to show the superiority of Brotoss to the SCII community.
"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!" - Adam "If-you-don't-know-who-this-is-I-am-very-sorry-for-you" Savage
Metalwing
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Turkey1038 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-12-19 12:10:09
December 19 2010 12:09 GMT
#4595
On December 19 2010 11:40 iNversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 11:37 ilmman wrote:
Leenock is clearly the best... he is only 13 and have so much more potential.. SO LOOK OUT guys for gsl4 .. because this guy will GLAD LEE KNOCK YOU DOWN>>>>>>>

you clearly contradict yourself. potential in the future due to his young age does not equal being the best right now. he is good and played well this gsl apart from a couple decision making mistakes against marineking but i don't think he's even the best zerg atm let alone the best player in gsl4. also lol glad lee?


Actually I don't think Leenock getting eliminated by mk has nothing to do with anything besides maps. Yes, he could win the game on shakuras, but the game on LT was ridiculous imho.
#1 CheckPrime fan // Terrans gonna Terran
nam nam
Profile Joined June 2010
Sweden4672 Posts
December 19 2010 12:24 GMT
#4596
On December 19 2010 16:14 LoLAdriankat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 15:55 TheGiftedApe wrote:
I think Tl.net should ban balance discussion for 5 days after every/any GSL finishes.

We're talking about Rain being in the finals, not balance.


Are you reading the thread?
StylishVODs
Profile Joined December 2005
Sweden5331 Posts
December 19 2010 19:21 GMT
#4597
I don't even play this game yet, but I have watched alot of GSL games and I must say I'm pretty confused by rains decisions throughout the entire series.

Most importantly the game on steppes of war. I would assume that you could counter it simulair to how it's done in starcraft 1.
You need enough defense and good infrastructure to hold of the first 2-3 zealots and then staret outmicroing protoss with your marines since you can always run back to bunkers. I really think it's the obvious choice specially on starcraft 2 where marines are actually useful against protoss later on aswell.

Game 3 where rain won, i felt that he made a clear BO-win into a much closer fight than it needed to be had he just attacked probes with his banshees.

Game 2, where he had a strong contain he should have moved atleast one tank up to set some presassure on the protoss. This is done all the time at starcraft 1 and I fail to understand why that wouldn't be the logic in starcraft 2 aswell. If protoss isn't attacking, he probably doesn't have enough to kill the contain, so you set a little preassure to make him either attack before he's ready or to do some damage to units/buildings or whatever while he cannot attack you.

The last game was also abit surprising to me. He killed all probes but 1 asnd protoss had no units at home. Why not try to find the last probe and lift off with your buildings and aim for a draw? Really confusing.


I felt as if rain was not really top GSL material atleast decisionmakingwise if thats a word and I don't even play starcraft 2. So if some experienced player could tell me where I'm wrong I'd like to hear about it!

Anyway, well deserved win from MC.
According to Reach, he is the fastest learner he has ever seen. He start bw only like 2/3 years ago. Infact, his bw history knowledge is so limited, he didn't even know what the map Guillotine was.
teko
Profile Joined March 2010
Canada1197 Posts
December 19 2010 20:44 GMT
#4598
Gom has uploaded the preshow: http://www.gomtv.net/2010gslopens3/gomcam/1460 :D
kiniko
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada163 Posts
December 19 2010 23:08 GMT
#4599
On December 19 2010 15:09 Gnaix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 19 2010 14:56 neostars wrote:
It sad that some of you clowns diss Rain. You know who you are.
Rain would beat anyone of you with just one hand.

Great finals - Congrats to MC.
Storm is Overpowered and Blizzard needs to do something about it.


Yes, we're pretty sure Rain could probably pwn most of us at sc2. In fact, I'm pretty sure any of the GSL qualifiers are much better than most of us. However, it doesn't mean they are so much better that we can't criticize their play. Rain played pretty terribly in his games if you happened to watch them. Even in his game where he won, he made many bad decisions that almost let MC come back. Plus the way he beat some players previously were filled with too many cheeses, and although good players use cheese some of the time, they don't deserve to win by playing them continually.


Why don't you list the cheeses that Rain did to win besides the ones he did against Nestea? When it comes down to it, Rain is getting hated on because all the butthurt zerg fans are crying over Nestea's elimination. It's Nestea's fault for only knowing how to do 1 build: 14 hatch. Rain deserves to be in the finals because he won, and it doesn't really matter how he's won.
hitman133
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1425 Posts
December 20 2010 00:34 GMT
#4600
still dont get why Rain kept making CC and tech lab instead of throwing down another barracks, mass marines, micro better then win the game.
Prev 1 228 229 230 231 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#2 - $100
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 4
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason72
BRAT_OK 67
Railgan 15
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 18840
Mini 363
Dewaltoss 175
Hyuk 144
firebathero 108
ggaemo 100
ZZZero.O 75
Terrorterran 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8176
febbydoto14
League of Legends
Doublelift1210
Counter-Strike
Fnx 15
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4293
Khaldor1249
crisheroes963
Liquid`Hasu778
Other Games
summit1g3481
FrodaN2437
fl0m1155
Beastyqt811
KnowMe312
mouzStarbuck306
ArmadaUGS127
Mew2King63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1176
BasetradeTV193
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 19 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• printf 105
• Adnapsc2 21
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 55
• 80smullet 21
• Azhi_Dahaki12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 8447
• WagamamaTV439
Other Games
• imaqtpie844
• Shiphtur256
• tFFMrPink 17
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
14h 18m
INu's Battles
16h 18m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
19h 18m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 18m
BSL Open Qualifier
23h 18m
Replay Cast
1d 3h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 14h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 20h
Replay Cast
2 days
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
6 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.