• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:26
CEST 02:26
KST 09:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8618 users

Intel Extreme Masters Qualification Cups - Page 58

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 65 Next
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 16 2010 16:39 GMT
#1141
Woah, a hell of a lot of drama in this thread.

If Idra was doing something that was going to get him banned, he should be warned before he was banned.

Also it sounds like ESL has been pretty unprofessional, and apparently unwilling to even admit their repeated mistakes (that last part bothers me the most... says a lot about the people running it).
starcraftDJ
Profile Joined May 2010
United States42 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 16:42:46
August 16 2010 16:42 GMT
#1142
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


You're a joke, have an internet high-five for having a girlfriend! If you're so cool get off this board and do some "cool" things. Go somewhere else and tell people how awesome you are. I love all these 19yr olds with opinions such as "idra is bad for the game.." blah blah... All this drama is good for the game and good for idra. He's creating an image, name recognition, which turns into more views and more dollars for advertising/sponsors. He's a smart dude, and maybe he's doing it intentionally - but it doesn't matter. Everyone who types up a response here is taking time out of their day to think about idra. He stays on your mind. His bm is the reason I watch him. Good for him. I don't like all this "manners" bullshit anyway. I'd prefer to see the teams and players shit talking eachother, it adds to the joy of watching. But above all he is an amazing player. And to the casual sc2 viewer, a tournament isn't a tournament without idra. ESL should know this. People who make these sports analogies don't have any idea what they are talking about. Just because you don't hear about it on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 16 2010 16:44 GMT
#1143
On August 17 2010 01:42 backache wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.


lol they actually did that in the NFL for a while, but they quickly had to remove them because there was constant cussing even though the players weren't supposed to when they were mic'd lol
Slow Motion
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6960 Posts
August 16 2010 16:45 GMT
#1144
You can't just expect players to be automatically professionals. Professionalism has to be developed and forced by the organization. Look at any sport. They have to deal with some of the most immature, stupid, spoiled jocks in the world. They can still get them in line though with an established system of rewards and punishments. Their rules are, for the most part, clear and unequivocal.

Why do you think Idra would never ever do any of the shit he does in the foreign scene in Korea? He knows exactly what would happen if he did x or y. In the foreign scene, we have no idea what would happen in case of x or y, and decisions are often reversed and made on the spot. Now I actually like some allowance of BM and casualness in the foreign scene, but if you're trying to develop a professional sport then you're better off following the Korean model.

Basic behaviorism people. Human beings behave like savages until you show them the carrot and the stick, and show that you can apply either one consistently in any given situation. Idra is only human, it's up to the organization to set up and apply an effective system if they want to control his behavior. The organizers here have not done that.
Kishkumen
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States650 Posts
August 16 2010 16:47 GMT
#1145
On August 17 2010 01:39 iCCup.Diamond wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:33 Kishkumen wrote:
I appreciate what the two are doing for the community by bringing awareness to people like me, but I also wanted to say that not all TL noobs are blind HD and Husky worshippers.


You'd be surprised how many people are. I can't count how many times I've heard "well the only casters i know about are HD and Husky, and they are obviously the best"...


Totally. I just wanted to say there are at least some of us newbies out there who have graduated to people like Day[9]. I can't speak for the majority, but I just wanted to say that not 100% of us are like that.
Weird, last time I checked the UN said you need to have at least 200 APM and be rainbow league to be called human. —Liquid`TLO
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 16 2010 16:47 GMT
#1146
On August 17 2010 01:44 travis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:42 backache wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.

lol they actually did that in the NFL for a while, but they quickly had to remove them because there was constant cussing even though the players weren't supposed to when they were mic'd lol

Aww, they've stopped doing it?
That Peyton Manning rant during their superbowl winning season is legendary.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
kajeus
Profile Joined May 2010
United States679 Posts
August 16 2010 16:49 GMT
#1147
On August 17 2010 01:42 backache wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


You're a joke, have an internet high-five for having a girlfriend! If you're so cool get off this board and do some "cool" things. Go somewhere else and tell people how awesome you are. I love all these 19yr olds with opinions such as "idra is bad for the game.." blah blah... All this drama is good for the game and good for idra. He's creating an image, name recognition, which turns into more views and more dollars for advertising/sponsors. He's a smart dude, and maybe he's doing it intentionally - but it doesn't matter. Everyone who types up a response here is taking time out of their day to think about idra. He stays on your mind. His bm is the reason I watch him. Good for him. I don't like all this "manners" bullshit anyway. I'd prefer to see the teams and players shit talking eachother, it adds to the joy of watching. But above all he is an amazing player. And to the casual sc2 viewer, a tournament isn't a tournament without idra. ESL should know this. People who make these sports analogies don't have any idea what they are talking about. Just because you don't hear about it on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.

Welp, I tried.

I hope you're not this angry in real life.
pro-MoMaN, pro-HuK, pro-Millenium
Kexx
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany240 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-08-16 16:54:28
August 16 2010 16:53 GMT
#1148
can I openly say that I hate BigT without getting warned?
I'm not saying it, just asking if I may.

In my humble opinion, as a caster who is not officially affiliate with the tournament, you have no business to influence anything and no right to talk back to players or ruin their chances in a tournament, that's what admins are for, and just for trying to influence them so you can "satisfy" your "viewership" someone should get banned for all other coming tournaments as a caster.
It's just not in the spirit of a tournament, where it should be all about the players and not the casters and it's viewers..

but that's just my humble opinion, no offence.
chooooch
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 16 2010 16:57 GMT
#1149
I think BigT got it by now.
ffz
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States490 Posts
August 16 2010 16:59 GMT
#1150
On August 17 2010 01:53 Kexx wrote:
can I openly say that I hate BigT without getting warned?
I'm not saying it, just asking if I may.

In my humble opinion, as a caster who is not officially affiliate with the tournament, you have no business to influence anything and no right to talk back to players or ruin their chances in a tournament, that's what admins are for, and just for trying to influence them so you can "satisfy" your "viewership" someone should get banned for all other coming tournaments as a caster.
It's just not in the spirit of a tournament, where it should be all about the players and not the casters and it's viewers..

but that's just my humble opinion, no offence.


I want to ask the same question. Wait im just joking so no one has to be offended or hold me accountable. Smily face.

What pisses me off the most was that according to BigT himself, BigT told Idra that he was banned and not an ESL admin. How professional is that by ESL?
Meow.
Kexx
Profile Joined May 2010
Germany240 Posts
August 16 2010 17:01 GMT
#1151
On August 17 2010 01:57 travis wrote:
I think BigT got it by now.

yeah you're right, I'm sorry. I'm just kinda angry.
chooooch
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
August 16 2010 17:03 GMT
#1152
On August 17 2010 01:59 ffz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:53 Kexx wrote:
can I openly say that I hate BigT without getting warned?
I'm not saying it, just asking if I may.

In my humble opinion, as a caster who is not officially affiliate with the tournament, you have no business to influence anything and no right to talk back to players or ruin their chances in a tournament, that's what admins are for, and just for trying to influence them so you can "satisfy" your "viewership" someone should get banned for all other coming tournaments as a caster.
It's just not in the spirit of a tournament, where it should be all about the players and not the casters and it's viewers..

but that's just my humble opinion, no offence.


I want to ask the same question. Wait im just joking so no one has to be offended or hold me accountable. Smily face.

What pisses me off the most was that according to BigT himself, BigT told Idra that he was banned and not an ESL admin. How professional is that by ESL?

Yeah exactly.
We need the players in the tournament because they provide the entertainment.
Douches like BigT are a dime a dozen. Yeah alright his stream might be entertaining but he shouldn't get official stream spot if he's gonna interfere with the competition.
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Deleted User 3420
Profile Blog Joined May 2003
24492 Posts
August 16 2010 17:08 GMT
#1153
BigT don't let all the hate make you feel too bad just take a serious lesson about humility from it. Tons of people very much appreciate your streaming.
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
August 16 2010 17:08 GMT
#1154
LMAO thread of the century ^^
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 16 2010 17:11 GMT
#1155
On August 17 2010 01:57 travis wrote:
I think BigT got it by now.

I wouldn't be so sure...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142626
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138688
Moderator
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 16 2010 17:15 GMT
#1156
On August 17 2010 01:42 backache wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


You're a joke, have an internet high-five for having a girlfriend! If you're so cool get off this board and do some "cool" things. Go somewhere else and tell people how awesome you are. I love all these 19yr olds with opinions such as "idra is bad for the game.." blah blah... All this drama is good for the game and good for idra. He's creating an image, name recognition, which turns into more views and more dollars for advertising/sponsors. He's a smart dude, and maybe he's doing it intentionally - but it doesn't matter. Everyone who types up a response here is taking time out of their day to think about idra. He stays on your mind. His bm is the reason I watch him. Good for him. I don't like all this "manners" bullshit anyway. I'd prefer to see the teams and players shit talking eachother, it adds to the joy of watching. But above all he is an amazing player. And to the casual sc2 viewer, a tournament isn't a tournament without idra. ESL should know this. People who make these sports analogies don't have any idea what they are talking about. Just because you don't hear about it on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.

HE'S NOT doing it intentionally, he's a genuine angry nerd, really wether it's good for publicity or not
-Valor-
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States283 Posts
August 16 2010 17:15 GMT
#1157
On August 17 2010 02:11 Chill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:57 travis wrote:
I think BigT got it by now.

I wouldn't be so sure...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142626
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138688

Well, those were from a week ago. I'm pretty sure he means he got it from the events that occurred yesterday.
Chill
Profile Blog Joined January 2005
Calgary26003 Posts
August 16 2010 17:17 GMT
#1158
On August 17 2010 02:15 ValorS wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 02:11 Chill wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:57 travis wrote:
I think BigT got it by now.

I wouldn't be so sure...
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=142626
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=138688

Well, those were from a week ago. I'm pretty sure he means he got it from the events that occurred yesterday.

Yea, I completely understand, I'm just trying to show there's a history here. In fact, I think there's a history of all Starcraft commentators being resistant to and offended by criticism in general... Not sure why that is :O!
Moderator
starcraftDJ
Profile Joined May 2010
United States42 Posts
August 16 2010 17:19 GMT
#1159
On August 17 2010 02:15 Fayth wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2010 01:42 backache wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:15 kajeus wrote:
On August 17 2010 01:04 Klive5ive wrote:
On August 16 2010 23:46 kajeus wrote:
lol, this attitude in this community gets so old so fast.

We're all "nerds," fine. If by that you mean we really like Starcraft.

But Jesus, most of us are probably pretty cool people. I know I'm not socially awkward or gross. I like Starcraft, yeah, but I still have a cool job, cool skills, cute girlfriends, nice fashion sense, and a pretty awesome demeanor. I've burned so much time on this forum this summer because I'm translating from home until I fly out to my job abroad in... 7 days.

Lol insecure much?
You felt the need to justify your life in 1 sentence, congratulations..... but you still watch Starcraft. So yeah you'd be considered a "nerd" by many and expect you don't watch HDStarcraft in front of you're girlfriend, I know I don't.

But ultimately you can't deny that lots of people who play/watch this game are socially awkward. That doesn't mean they ALL are.
Personally I don't think there's any problem with that.

:-/

Whatever, man. Ask Tasteless what it's like to be a nerd, I guess.

Honestly, I have watched Starcraft around girlfriends. Not the biggest deal in the world. I mean, it's not like I'm watching BDSM porn. I make fun of myself for watching pewpew aliens and show them Bisu or Jaedong and make fun of how APM is so hot. But it's not like it takes over my life, so they don't care.

Amen to "there's no problem with that." Cheers.


You're a joke, have an internet high-five for having a girlfriend! If you're so cool get off this board and do some "cool" things. Go somewhere else and tell people how awesome you are. I love all these 19yr olds with opinions such as "idra is bad for the game.." blah blah... All this drama is good for the game and good for idra. He's creating an image, name recognition, which turns into more views and more dollars for advertising/sponsors. He's a smart dude, and maybe he's doing it intentionally - but it doesn't matter. Everyone who types up a response here is taking time out of their day to think about idra. He stays on your mind. His bm is the reason I watch him. Good for him. I don't like all this "manners" bullshit anyway. I'd prefer to see the teams and players shit talking eachother, it adds to the joy of watching. But above all he is an amazing player. And to the casual sc2 viewer, a tournament isn't a tournament without idra. ESL should know this. People who make these sports analogies don't have any idea what they are talking about. Just because you don't hear about it on ESPN doesn't mean it doesn't happen. If players were mic'd up during games middle-america would lose their shit - just like people are losing it here.

HE'S NOT doing it intentionally, he's a genuine angry nerd, really wether it's good for publicity or not


The intent doesn't matter. If it isn't intentional, then it's genuine, and even better. People making posts using "nerd" and "angry nerd" as a pejorative crack me up. You're posting on a forum dedicated to a video game. When you aren't playing the game, you're reading about it. Ease up on the "nerd" business. We're all nerds here.
ROOTFayth
Profile Joined January 2004
Canada3351 Posts
August 16 2010 17:19 GMT
#1160
On August 17 2010 01:45 Slow Motion wrote:
You can't just expect players to be automatically professionals. Professionalism has to be developed and forced by the organization. Look at any sport. They have to deal with some of the most immature, stupid, spoiled jocks in the world. They can still get them in line though with an established system of rewards and punishments. Their rules are, for the most part, clear and unequivocal.

Why do you think Idra would never ever do any of the shit he does in the foreign scene in Korea? He knows exactly what would happen if he did x or y. In the foreign scene, we have no idea what would happen in case of x or y, and decisions are often reversed and made on the spot. Now I actually like some allowance of BM and casualness in the foreign scene, but if you're trying to develop a professional sport then you're better off following the Korean model.

Basic behaviorism people. Human beings behave like savages until you show them the carrot and the stick, and show that you can apply either one consistently in any given situation. Idra is only human, it's up to the organization to set up and apply an effective system if they want to control his behavior. The organizers here have not done that.

shudn't it be a given at this point that any professional who has been professional for say.. more than a year, acts like a professional? T_t
Prev 1 56 57 58 59 60 65 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings45
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 143
NeuroSwarm 68
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11010
Rain 1947
Artosis 579
Bale 17
League of Legends
Doublelift3980
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox613
Mew2King232
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1084
Other Games
summit1g9768
shahzam704
Day[9].tv655
JimRising 496
PiGStarcraft266
C9.Mang0232
ArmadaUGS82
ViBE63
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP20
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv655
• Scarra557
• Shiphtur192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
12h 34m
OSC
21h 34m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 9h
Online Event
1d 10h
FEL
1d 15h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.