• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:44
CEST 15:44
KST 22:44
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7530 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 12

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 68 Next
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-06 01:02:33
January 06 2016 01:01 GMT
#221
I have a rec zvp on dusk towers vs a 2 base carrier at diamond level. It's pretty straightforward and under 12m long. I have 2x his supply and he has 34 workers and I lose to 8 carriers. Do I have to just kill him before he gets past like 3 or it's impossible to win? I wanted to go mass hydra at first since I figured I was far enough ahead in eco, but then I was too gas starved to make corrupters. I was thinking hydra would be a better all around unit just in case he added in anything else, and I thought I'd kill so many interceptors that he'd run out of minerals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhg3w6u0zjlxdk1/Dusk Towers (120) zvp diamond no way to beat mass carrier 1.5x eco higher unit score.SC2Replay?dl=0
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
January 06 2016 03:18 GMT
#222
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
January 06 2016 04:57 GMT
#223
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 06 2016 06:55 GMT
#224
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.

Yeah, I had to resort to this as well. Much slower than the methods available in hots, but those cause too much wandering in lotv. :/
Qwyn
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States2781 Posts
January 06 2016 07:42 GMT
#225
Camera location inject is by far the best method available! Stick to it and it will serve you well!
"Think of the hysteria following the realization that they consciously consume babies and raise the dead people from their graves" - N0
NikaLogy
Profile Joined September 2012
Denmark58 Posts
January 06 2016 07:46 GMT
#226
On January 06 2016 15:55 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.

Yeah, I had to resort to this as well. Much slower than the methods available in hots, but those cause too much wandering in lotv. :/

Plenty of pros used the camera hotkeys in hots and wol because it eliminates potential queen messups that could happen with backspace or other methods. It is, without a doubt, the most controlled and secure way of doing it, and with a little practice it can be done in less than a second for each queen
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
January 06 2016 08:37 GMT
#227
On January 06 2016 16:46 NikaLogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 15:55 Cascade wrote:
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.

Yeah, I had to resort to this as well. Much slower than the methods available in hots, but those cause too much wandering in lotv. :/

Plenty of pros used the camera hotkeys in hots and wol because it eliminates potential queen messups that could happen with backspace or other methods. It is, without a doubt, the most controlled and secure way of doing it, and with a little practice it can be done in less than a second for each queen


I tried it out today, but it feels so weird to me. I'm using the old idra method with each queen on its own hotkey. It feels way better to me than using cameras and having to box.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
MapleLeafSirup
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany950 Posts
January 06 2016 11:22 GMT
#228
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.


Can you explain how this works?
MapleLeafSirup
Profile Joined July 2009
Germany950 Posts
January 06 2016 11:25 GMT
#229
On January 06 2016 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
I have a rec zvp on dusk towers vs a 2 base carrier at diamond level. It's pretty straightforward and under 12m long. I have 2x his supply and he has 34 workers and I lose to 8 carriers. Do I have to just kill him before he gets past like 3 or it's impossible to win? I wanted to go mass hydra at first since I figured I was far enough ahead in eco, but then I was too gas starved to make corrupters. I was thinking hydra would be a better all around unit just in case he added in anything else, and I thought I'd kill so many interceptors that he'd run out of minerals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhg3w6u0zjlxdk1/Dusk Towers (120) zvp diamond no way to beat mass carrier 1.5x eco higher unit score.SC2Replay?dl=0


Didn't watch your replay but hydras are definitely the wrong choice.
Killing him first sounds good but is quite difficult on some maps and also depends on when you scout his build.
Quick hive tech is key, especially adrenalin zerglings and vipers. You need zerglings to deny expansions and counterattack when he moves out. This way you can delay, until you have vipers, upgraded curroptors and maybe mass spores.
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 06 2016 11:36 GMT
#230
On January 06 2016 17:37 guitarizt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 16:46 NikaLogy wrote:
On January 06 2016 15:55 Cascade wrote:
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.

Yeah, I had to resort to this as well. Much slower than the methods available in hots, but those cause too much wandering in lotv. :/

Plenty of pros used the camera hotkeys in hots and wol because it eliminates potential queen messups that could happen with backspace or other methods. It is, without a doubt, the most controlled and secure way of doing it, and with a little practice it can be done in less than a second for each queen


I tried it out today, but it feels so weird to me. I'm using the old idra method with each queen on its own hotkey. It feels way better to me than using cameras and having to box.

You want to have camera hotkeys over your bases anyway, and an inject method that uses camera hotkeys helps you learn them.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 06 2016 15:29 GMT
#231
On January 06 2016 10:01 guitarizt wrote:
I have a rec zvp on dusk towers vs a 2 base carrier at diamond level. It's pretty straightforward and under 12m long. I have 2x his supply and he has 34 workers and I lose to 8 carriers. Do I have to just kill him before he gets past like 3 or it's impossible to win? I wanted to go mass hydra at first since I figured I was far enough ahead in eco, but then I was too gas starved to make corrupters. I was thinking hydra would be a better all around unit just in case he added in anything else, and I thought I'd kill so many interceptors that he'd run out of minerals.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhg3w6u0zjlxdk1/Dusk Towers (120) zvp diamond no way to beat mass carrier 1.5x eco higher unit score.SC2Replay?dl=0


If you ever face a Protoss that is going 2 base air (you should be overseer scouting him), you should be able to just kill him with a corruptor/hydra/ling timing if he's waiting that long to take a third.
When I think of something else, something will go here
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
January 06 2016 15:34 GMT
#232
On January 06 2016 20:36 Cascade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 17:37 guitarizt wrote:
On January 06 2016 16:46 NikaLogy wrote:
On January 06 2016 15:55 Cascade wrote:
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.

Yeah, I had to resort to this as well. Much slower than the methods available in hots, but those cause too much wandering in lotv. :/

Plenty of pros used the camera hotkeys in hots and wol because it eliminates potential queen messups that could happen with backspace or other methods. It is, without a doubt, the most controlled and secure way of doing it, and with a little practice it can be done in less than a second for each queen


I tried it out today, but it feels so weird to me. I'm using the old idra method with each queen on its own hotkey. It feels way better to me than using cameras and having to box.

You want to have camera hotkeys over your bases anyway, and an inject method that uses camera hotkeys helps you learn them.

Personally I'm the most comfortable with camera hotkeys + 1 hotkey for all queens.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
NikaLogy
Profile Joined September 2012
Denmark58 Posts
January 06 2016 17:06 GMT
#233
On January 06 2016 20:22 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.


Can you explain how this works?

You use camera location hotkeys to swap between bases while quickly boxing and injecting with the queen on the hatchery
chipmonklord17
Profile Joined February 2011
United States11944 Posts
January 06 2016 19:56 GMT
#234
On January 07 2016 02:06 NikaLogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2016 20:22 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.


Can you explain how this works?

You use camera location hotkeys to swap between bases while quickly boxing and injecting with the queen on the hatchery


Thank you this definitely seems to be the winner. How do you handle inject in the late game with 4 or 5 hatches? Or do you just inject the first few
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
January 06 2016 20:43 GMT
#235
Am I weird if I use backspace (rebound to space) and box inject? I would do the old backspace way if it didn't cause wandering queens occasionally.
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 06 2016 22:12 GMT
#236
How is anyone dealing with Phoenix play right now? Extremely frustrated, the Phoenix can pretty much always do guarenteed damage even with 3 spores down and Hydralisks are of course...light and massacred by the double shot.
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 06 2016 22:44 GMT
#237
On January 07 2016 07:12 Beelzebub1 wrote:
How is anyone dealing with Phoenix play right now? Extremely frustrated, the Phoenix can pretty much always do guarenteed damage even with 3 spores down and Hydralisks are of course...light and massacred by the double shot.


Best way is to go corruptors imo. You can also go infestors, but corruptors you can piss on their nexus .

When I think of something else, something will go here
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 06 2016 23:01 GMT
#238
On January 07 2016 07:44 blade55555 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 07:12 Beelzebub1 wrote:
How is anyone dealing with Phoenix play right now? Extremely frustrated, the Phoenix can pretty much always do guarenteed damage even with 3 spores down and Hydralisks are of course...light and massacred by the double shot.


Best way is to go corruptors imo. You can also go infestors, but corruptors you can piss on their nexus .



My problem is when they really commit to the Phoenix play and they can just stand over spores and snipe overlords, do you just have to have kind of like a preemptive Hydralisk group as soon as you see Stargate? Should you even sacrifice economy for the spores since they don't really do much against them anyways?
blade55555
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States17423 Posts
January 06 2016 23:09 GMT
#239
If they are getting so many phoenix that they can tank 3 spore crawler shots and still kill your overlords/drones, you should have a spire done and corruptors out. It takes them awhile to get that much phoenix, unless you are taking a super late lair.

When it's 4 phoenix and they tank a few shots while killing some drones, nothing you can do to prevent it that would make sense. Overlord wise, make sure you have them all by spores and you shouldn't lose that many while waiting.

I don't recommend going Hydra's, they are just shit in that situation as phoenix can lift and kill them. You can do it, but it's not a good option imo. Corruptors are the best bet, but you can do infestors as well. Those are the best ways to combat phoenix (with 2 spores per mineral line if 4 phoenix, if more make 3).
When I think of something else, something will go here
ThePastor
Profile Joined February 2012
New Zealand380 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-07 05:42:14
January 07 2016 05:40 GMT
#240
On January 07 2016 04:56 chipmonklord17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2016 02:06 NikaLogy wrote:
On January 06 2016 20:22 MapleLeafSirup wrote:
On January 06 2016 13:57 ThePastor wrote:
On January 06 2016 12:18 chipmonklord17 wrote:
How do you guys larva inject? I currently have one control group with each individual queen + hatch but am looking to change my hotkey setup completely.


I have tried many, I ultimately decided to go with the standard camera hotkey + box queen method. Most simple and effective imo.


Can you explain how this works?

You use camera location hotkeys to swap between bases while quickly boxing and injecting with the queen on the hatchery


Thank you this definitely seems to be the winner. How do you handle inject in the late game with 4 or 5 hatches? Or do you just inject the first few


I go up to 5 base no problems; I could go up to ten theoretically but it isn't worth it for time efficiency or usage. Going higher then five bases for inject locations doesn't make sense since (IMO) it is too far away from your main base and too easy to snipe. Instead you are better having macro hatches next to your other hatches with their own queens. In which case you do not need a new camera location

I use f1- f5 for my camera locations and use them for injecting.
Prev 1 10 11 12 13 14 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1541
WardiTV885
OGKoka 239
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 239
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 8090
Bisu 2684
FanTaSy 2619
Jaedong 1579
Shuttle 1400
Horang2 671
EffOrt 519
BeSt 434
Stork 328
actioN 323
[ Show more ]
Larva 322
Mini 254
Mind 111
Barracks 104
Zeus 103
910 95
Sea.KH 70
Snow 67
Mong 57
hero 40
ToSsGirL 38
Sexy 31
Bale 30
Shinee 29
soO 27
Killer 26
sorry 26
JYJ 24
Aegong 22
Yoon 22
Free 19
HiyA 18
Shine 17
scan(afreeca) 15
Sacsri 8
zelot 8
Icarus 6
Noble 5
Terrorterran 3
Dota 2
Gorgc4826
qojqva1983
Dendi1041
febbydoto33
Counter-Strike
fl0m1716
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko473
Other Games
singsing2714
olofmeister1153
hiko1058
B2W.Neo709
Livibee650
crisheroes339
XaKoH 290
XBOCT233
Pyrionflax216
Hui .194
Liquid`VortiX170
QueenE59
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream29
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 19
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2601
• Jankos2070
Other Games
• WagamamaTV180
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
2h 17m
Replay Cast
9h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
20h 17m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
21h 17m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 10h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.