• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:53
CEST 23:53
KST 06:53
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8403 users

The LotV Zerg Help Me Thread - Page 11

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 68 Next
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
January 03 2016 15:30 GMT
#201
On January 03 2016 22:56 SorrowShine wrote:
ZvP what to do vs mass air?
Parasitic Bomb? Then how exactly the micro works?


PB + what was said in a few posts above you. Against carriers, abduct is also good.
SlimeBagly
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
356 Posts
January 03 2016 17:09 GMT
#202
I like going Roach + Ravanger in ZvT, but I'm not sure what the thought process is for when to take my third. Typically I make like 4 lings, which is enough to handle a single reaper until queens pop, and then I use the lings to scout. I lay down a fairly quick roach warren in case there are more reapers, but if I can avoid it, I usually try to get my third before making any roaches (or a couple if theres > 1 reaper). So typically it's around 36-44 supply, but if feel kind of arbitrary. Does that sound reasonable?
mutalisks are awesome!
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
January 03 2016 17:25 GMT
#203
I just grab mine at 28-32, right after zergling speed.
A_needle_jog
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
Korea (South)699 Posts
January 03 2016 21:58 GMT
#204
On January 04 2016 02:09 SlimeBagly wrote:
I like going Roach + Ravanger in ZvT, but I'm not sure what the thought process is for when to take my third. Typically I make like 4 lings, which is enough to handle a single reaper until queens pop, and then I use the lings to scout. I lay down a fairly quick roach warren in case there are more reapers, but if I can avoid it, I usually try to get my third before making any roaches (or a couple if theres > 1 reaper). So typically it's around 36-44 supply, but if feel kind of arbitrary. Does that sound reasonable?


As soon as you feel like you've dealt with initial harass.

I don't play Roach + Ravager anymore because you lose to drop play. It's not that I think its super bad to go Roach Ravager, but I find it too annoying to deal with. A good terran abuses you going Roach Ravager as soon as you are out of position he is going to strike, kill your drones, lair and spawning pool and game is over.

(I only play Roach + Ravager if I all-in push the terran)
http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/3949980/1/llllllllllll/
NikaLogy
Profile Joined September 2012
Denmark58 Posts
January 04 2016 08:22 GMT
#205
On January 04 2016 02:09 SlimeBagly wrote:
I like going Roach + Ravanger in ZvT, but I'm not sure what the thought process is for when to take my third. Typically I make like 4 lings, which is enough to handle a single reaper until queens pop, and then I use the lings to scout. I lay down a fairly quick roach warren in case there are more reapers, but if I can avoid it, I usually try to get my third before making any roaches (or a couple if theres > 1 reaper). So typically it's around 36-44 supply, but if feel kind of arbitrary. Does that sound reasonable?

Unless something goes horribly wrong, you should start your third between 3 and 3:30, after ling speed and your additional queen(s).
Merkmerk
Profile Joined August 2010
United States96 Posts
January 04 2016 09:33 GMT
#206
Anyone have any replays of plat or above dealing with phoenix contain from protoss?
Yodeleihelaihee
Destruktor
Profile Joined June 2013
Spain60 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-04 10:11:45
January 04 2016 10:09 GMT
#207
Hi mates, I'm trying to use Roach+ Ravager vs Terran instead Muta/bane/ling but I can't do any kind of harrass with it and my opponent is free to take too many expansions.

Questions:
-What unit is better to add to that Roaches/Ravagers in mid/late game vs standard bio? Lurkers? Infestors?
-How can I deal against drops without mutas?
-How can I harrass? Maybe Nydus is needed as a standard resource?

Thanks in advance
flyleaf
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany89 Posts
January 04 2016 10:51 GMT
#208
On January 04 2016 19:09 Destruktor wrote:
Hi mates, I'm trying to use Roach+ Ravager vs Terran instead Muta/bane/ling but I can't do any kind of harrass with it and my opponent is free to take too many expansions.

Questions:
-What unit is better to add to that Roaches/Ravagers in mid/late game vs standard bio? Lurkers? Infestors?
-How can I deal against drops without mutas?
-How can I harrass? Maybe Nydus is needed as a standard resource?

Thanks in advance

1. Infestors (Fungal+Bile is really good)
2. spread your army, some spores can help too
3. Nydus or Overlord drops can be strong if u are able to manage it, don't forget u can often just attack in the midgame with Roach/Ravager espacially if the Terran lost some army while trying to harass
eXeYukon
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
45 Posts
January 04 2016 19:49 GMT
#209
At what point do you make Vipers instead of Corruptors to deal with Liberators? Also any tips on dealing with Liberators in general? They make my heart sad
A_needle_jog
Profile Blog Joined December 2015
Korea (South)699 Posts
January 04 2016 20:49 GMT
#210
On January 05 2016 04:49 eXeYukon wrote:
At what point do you make Vipers instead of Corruptors to deal with Liberators? Also any tips on dealing with Liberators in general? They make my heart sad


Crackling runbys are the most effective.

Corruptors aren't that bad against liberator, but you need good spread.
http://kr.battle.net/sc2/ko/profile/3949980/1/llllllllllll/
Merkmerk
Profile Joined August 2010
United States96 Posts
January 04 2016 21:23 GMT
#211
Crackling runbys get shut down by planetary fortresses tho don't they?

You talking about trying to flood the main? Then what do you do against the typical marine tank liberator push?

I played around with that against the hardest AI and laughed at how easy it was.
Yodeleihelaihee
Beelzebub1
Profile Joined May 2015
1005 Posts
January 04 2016 21:42 GMT
#212
On January 05 2016 06:23 Merkmerk wrote:
Crackling runbys get shut down by planetary fortresses tho don't they?

You talking about trying to flood the main? Then what do you do against the typical marine tank liberator push?

I played around with that against the hardest AI and laughed at how easy it was.


Play defensive against Terran, go old school on them, spread creep like a mad man, put 3 spines 2 spores at every outlying base (4th and 5th) with a drop squad on a separate hotkey (I use about 20 speedlings, can generally shut down single drops with ease) while teching to Ultra/Hydra/Ling/Viper.

I find when fighting the Tank/Lib/Bio armies in the mid game and late you need Ultras to lead the charge, drop the Blinding Clouds and while the Liberators and bio are trying to mow down the Ultralisks use the Hydras to snipe Liberators.

And runbys don't even work, planetaries shut them down hard, better to defend drops cost effectively and respond to a planetary base with another hatch of your own, as long as your a base up let them take it, don't headbutt and waste units.
Tyrhanius
Profile Joined April 2011
France947 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-04 22:34:17
January 04 2016 22:32 GMT
#213
Honestly just : mass lings/bane +/- some roach or ravagers if you like bile shots and 6-8corruptors.
Try to come from different angles to minimize tanks splash, A move, and just care your banelings don't explode into the tanks.

Tanks and liberators are bad vs lings bane, and corruptors just crush liberators + medivac in frontal.

The key of the MU is lowering the medivac count.
Without them, when the T stim, he loses a lot of power of his bio. He can't carry his tanks, and lings do kills marine, whereas medivacs outheal lings dmg when they are too many.

You need something to shoot air, and corruptors are the most cost effective, as they tank, fly and last long, are good vs liberators. You only pay some 800/800, and not 1k500/1k500+ like for mutas play, so you don't delay much your ultras rush, and you're safe against liberators harass, and decent vs dropship.

Even if they can't catch medivac, they hit them in direct fight, and if you really need you have a spire and you can make mutas, if the other goes mass drops.
Maxie
Profile Joined August 2010
Sweden2653 Posts
January 05 2016 12:00 GMT
#214
Roach/Hydra is the ground based composition to use against mech, right? I've been playing around with vipers (abduct/blinding cloud) and infestors (NP) against siege tank or thor based mech compositions but it didn't work out too well when my actual army was roach/ravager. At best the fights ended with me having a few few units left.

Also, when to use abduct and when to use blinding cloud against siege tanks? Which one is preferable to use?
Cascade
Profile Blog Joined March 2006
Australia5405 Posts
January 05 2016 13:23 GMT
#215
On January 05 2016 21:00 Maxie wrote:
Roach/Hydra is the ground based composition to use against mech, right? I've been playing around with vipers (abduct/blinding cloud) and infestors (NP) against siege tank or thor based mech compositions but it didn't work out too well when my actual army was roach/ravager. At best the fights ended with me having a few few units left.

Also, when to use abduct and when to use blinding cloud against siege tanks? Which one is preferable to use?

Back in hots I dont think you built much hydras. just die too fast against tanks. I think that should still be true?

Blinding cloud is for over-running their entire army, getting in close in a big fight.
abduct is for poking, picking of a tank or two and then getting out.

Or that's how I do, and it makes sense to my gold mind.
Merkmerk
Profile Joined August 2010
United States96 Posts
January 05 2016 19:39 GMT
#216
Blinding Cloud can make a big difference but the terran army will usually move out of it, so you would need a fungal too. Personally I have problems microing both infestors AND vipers AND getting all of my army into position
Yodeleihelaihee
Avatar-
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany9 Posts
January 05 2016 21:06 GMT
#217
Runbys really arent that good against PFs.However in the current mappool its often possible to run into the natural and main with your lings. Eventhough you may not kill alot of scvs it often works to distract the terran and get alot of breathing air.

My Question:
How do you guys play against a mass Cyclone/Hellion style? I found it really hard to play against. First game I played against it I just got stomped, second time i inched out a win with some nydus roach/ling/muta play. It still didn't seem very good.

whats the answer? Just mass roaches or lurkers?
guitarizt
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States1492 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-05 22:55:48
January 05 2016 22:10 GMT
#218
Is there something I should be looking for to see what T is up to better? I keep misreading and dying before the 6m mark. Maybe I should sac my ov at 4:30 instead of 3:30 at lower levels? Sometimes I think it's hellbats then it's mine drops. Sometimes I think it's banshee then it's liberator range upgrade. And I still have a really hard time holding vs hellbats. I've tried going roach instead of 6-7 queens and a spine just for hellbats and because sometimes they drop or hit where the spine isn't anyway, but then I have a hard time versus anything in the air.

[edit] I watched the replay and I should have just pulled drones and waited for spores to finish. I was really late pulling drones on my main even though he already planted mines in my nat. I think I was still processing what was going on since I'm still getting used to spider mines and I've only been mine dropped several times so far even though I have a ton of games played in lotv.
“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” - Hemingway
Charoisaur
Profile Joined August 2014
Germany16101 Posts
January 05 2016 22:49 GMT
#219
On January 06 2016 06:06 Avatar- wrote:
Runbys really arent that good against PFs.However in the current mappool its often possible to run into the natural and main with your lings. Eventhough you may not kill alot of scvs it often works to distract the terran and get alot of breathing air.

My Question:
How do you guys play against a mass Cyclone/Hellion style? I found it really hard to play against. First game I played against it I just got stomped, second time i inched out a win with some nydus roach/ling/muta play. It still didn't seem very good.

whats the answer? Just mass roaches or lurkers?

Roach infestor shuts that down really hard you just need to survive until infestors. Roaches + a few spines should do fine for that.
Many of the coolest moments in sc2 happen due to worker harassment
Avatar-
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany9 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-01-05 23:12:22
January 05 2016 23:10 GMT
#220
On January 06 2016 07:10 guitarizt wrote:
Is there something I should be looking for to see what T is up to better? I keep misreading and dying before the 6m mark. Maybe I should sac my ov at 4:30 instead of 3:30 at lower levels? Sometimes I think it's hellbats then it's mine drops. Sometimes I think it's banshee then it's liberator range upgrade. And I still have a really hard time holding vs hellbats. I've tried going roach instead of 6-7 queens and a spine just for hellbats and because sometimes they drop or hit where the spine isn't anyway, but then I have a hard time versus anything in the air.


I dont think u can reliably scout what terrans specific build is. Whats more important is their gameplan or in other words, when their 3rd CC is going down.
If you are not sure when they put their CC down, a general safe route is to open speedling, pull out of gas and then add 2 extractors at 3:30 and mine gas again. At the same time put down your roach warren.
Once Roach Warren is finished you can build like 4-6 safety roaches.
This should hold any early Hellbat/Marine aggression (note that this is usually followed up by a banshee, so a spore in your main helps).
For Widow Mines the only thing helping is fast reactions unfortunately. Pull Drones, build spores, kill mines/Marines with safety raoches.
For Liberators morph 3 Ravagers and/or add spores.

I like building those 4-6 safety roaches because it usually holds any of the said aggression patterns by the terran and also transitions nicely into roach/ravager/infestor. Still it usually ends up behind against any early 3rd CC play. So decent midgame fights are a must if u want to win the game.

On January 06 2016 07:49 Charoisaur wrote:
Roach infestor shuts that down really hard you just need to survive until infestors. Roaches + a few spines should do fine for that.

Yeah, that should work, the important part is not losing too much beforehand i guess. Thx
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 68 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O154
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
JuggernautJason139
BRAT_OK 55
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1098
ZZZero.O 139
Bale 22
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
League of Legends
Doublelift4773
JimRising 593
Counter-Strike
Fnx 908
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby6222
Other Games
summit1g8668
FrodaN3119
KnowMe259
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1398
BasetradeTV290
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream38
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 17
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1130
• Shiphtur206
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
1h 7m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 7m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
13h 7m
Monday Night Weeklies
18h 7m
Replay Cast
1d 1h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 12h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 13h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.