Getting bored with the standart MMM and having to deal with all the shitty allins Protosses on the ladder throw at me pissed me off like mad and thus I thought: you wanna cheese me chap? me cheese you first! Europe styLE.
so without further ado the bo:
12rax ----> constant reaper production, the scv building this builds another one
(ebay before cc if stargate spotted)
cc ----> more ccs as money allows
3rd rax / ebay ----> more rax
expand as money allows, depots as needed
edit: I am getting the feeling that a lot of people seem to misunderstand the general idea of this "cheese" opening. I am not cheesing in terms trying to kill my opponent! (eg i open 2 rax because there is no way that an early cc could actually benefit me more then the second barracks. Just because reapers are building so damn slowly) I am looking to go into the macro game while maintaining an economic advantage, even if i don´t kill off any probes at all. I also don´t care as much about the viability of the opening but more so over how much FUN it is to play around with a huge reaper army in the midgame. Dodging storms, catching opponents out of position and having control over the game in general are where this strat is really juicy at. NOT the wanky opening.
and now some general ideas on why this is a good build, what it is weak against, how to play it out and what my goals are.
1. growing the reaper cloud while forcing and picking off stalkers.
very rarely will a toss allow me access to his probes. MSC and sim city prevent this.
2. stalkers are ridiculously expensive. Every time Toss builds a stalker and I get to trade it for 1 reaper (which happens quite frequently) i not only win 75 minerals, but i also force toss to rebuild the stalker count. This constantly eats away at his ability to build infrastructure eventually leading to a vast advantage in buildings!
3. Reapers regenerate back to full hp in about 30 seconds. This intervall can be used quite well to build structures back at home, while not missing damage potential. Also i won´t ever need to build Medivacs.
4. I need to be very careful about my gas spending. Minerals wont ever be a limiting factor, but gas is. 2 gysers allow for 5 rax reaper production. This means that i can support 5 rax per base, which i am always aiming for. Addons are not to be build, simply because the gas is better spent on just growing my reaper cloud. likewise, i need to be careful about when i can afford to get my upgrades. 1-1 = 4 reapers which is quite a lot in the early game. I prefer to get 1-1 on 1 ebay, and only go up to 2 ebays for my 2-2.
5. scouting needs to be done early on with the first 2 reapers. usually i will send my first reaper to scout the ENTIRE map, i dont want to be suprised by oracles, and scout his ENTIRE base with my first 2 reapers ( this guarrantees a scout. he won´t be able to pick off both)
6. my first little timing is when i hit 3 reapers. I can start picking off stalkers and zealots. commiting is a nono tho. its better to not lose a reaper then to trade at this point.
7. i want to pin protoss in his base. I cannot deny his natural, but i can force quite a lot of gateway units. Protoss will be hardpressed to get his tech out, be it colossi or blink or whatever, i will usually have my 3rd base up by the time his tech finishes up.
8. I need to respond to his Techchoices in the following way:
Stargate ---> oracle / fenix ---------> i have to abandon mass reaper for now and get some units that can shoot up. That means either stim + marines or some cute mine+ turret play. I can continue reaper production as soon as i have enough vikings to take care of his air threat
Robo ---> colossi i just get my starport after i started my 2-2. then its constant viking production. The reapers just keep doing what they do. i won´t be able to deny a 3rd once there is a second colossus out, regardless of howmany reapers i have.
Council ---> blink / archon / storm I just ignore this and make more reapers and win with sheer numbers and micro.
9. at any point in the game, i can decide to revert back into MMM, aslong as i get the stim.
ok thats about it. I have some replays that you could check out even if its just for the lulz. Please do not take this too seriously. Just have fun with a 150 supply reaper army
Vs 1 base 3 gate robo
closest game so far. Zeal MSC poke - exe + STG
oh and, if you are wondering why im not uploading any replays where i lost. that is not because i am an arrogant asshole ( which i of course am ) but more due to me not yet having lost a single game with this build.