• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:03
CEST 11:03
KST 18:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War615.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Sagi.gg Launcher Released
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6877 users

[G] TvP Hammer Build, Crushing Protoss - Page 10

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
EAGER-beaver
Profile Joined March 2004
Canada2799 Posts
October 09 2014 18:34 GMT
#181
Opening with marauders has really helped my tvp, it stops a TON of cheese. I think the biggest advantage this build has is simply that protoss players don't expect it, and it lets you transition into anything you want with a relatively quick expo safely or at a nice advantage even vs oracle openings.
Simon and Garfunkel rock my face off
Usmc0302
Profile Joined September 2014
United States7 Posts
October 10 2014 15:20 GMT
#182
Been using this build quite a bit. Its pretty fun and its pretty good vs all ins. I decided to post this replay and despite alot of mistakes on my part, I still held.

http://ggtracker.com/matches/5502023

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but building the new. -Socrates
-Hammer-
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada107 Posts
October 12 2014 06:33 GMT
#183
On October 11 2014 00:20 Usmc0302 wrote:
Been using this build quite a bit. Its pretty fun and its pretty good vs all ins. I decided to post this replay and despite alot of mistakes on my part, I still held.

http://ggtracker.com/matches/5502023


Huaaa :D Glad it's working for you brother. Feel free to message me if you have questions Hammer #1909
Grand Master Terran
-Hammer-
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada107 Posts
November 04 2014 19:38 GMT
#184
On October 10 2014 03:34 EAGER-beaver wrote:
Opening with marauders has really helped my tvp, it stops a TON of cheese. I think the biggest advantage this build has is simply that protoss players don't expect it, and it lets you transition into anything you want with a relatively quick expo safely or at a nice advantage even vs oracle openings.

Thanks Eager-Beaver, I'm glad the build is working well for you!

On a side note, I wanted to mention to all of you the build is going strong! I'm currently 28-2 (93%) in my past 30 games against Protoss (Mid-Masters).
Grand Master Terran
BeefMaster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States26 Posts
November 04 2014 20:18 GMT
#185
Gotta say, I've been using this build for around 2 months vs Plat and Diamond Toss, and my TvP win rate has gone from 40% to around 75%. It's really a strong, solid build, doesn't require ridiculous micro, and is completely unexpected by most toss.
Laosing
Profile Joined November 2014
Canada1 Post
November 10 2014 06:06 GMT
#186
Solid build, I've been testing it out and so far have 100% win rate. I'm rank 1 diamond playing mid-high masters. You get into some pretty weird situations sometimes but that's what makes it fun haha.
Thanks for sharing!
danteafk
Profile Joined May 2011
307 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-10 14:36:01
November 10 2014 14:35 GMT
#187
got to try this now, Protoss is frustrating me so hard.
micjmac
Profile Joined September 2010
42 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-16 05:11:58
November 11 2014 04:33 GMT
#188
Nevermind. Figured out the answer to my question.
-Hammer-
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada107 Posts
November 23 2014 20:42 GMT
#189
On November 05 2014 05:18 BeefMaster wrote:
Gotta say, I've been using this build for around 2 months vs Plat and Diamond Toss, and my TvP win rate has gone from 40% to around 75%. It's really a strong, solid build, doesn't require ridiculous micro, and is completely unexpected by most toss.


On November 10 2014 15:06 Laosing wrote:
Solid build, I've been testing it out and so far have 100% win rate. I'm rank 1 diamond playing mid-high masters. You get into some pretty weird situations sometimes but that's what makes it fun haha.
Thanks for sharing!


Thanks guys, really nice to hear some successes utilizing the build. All the best going forward!
Grand Master Terran
vhapter
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil677 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-25 02:03:58
November 25 2014 02:03 GMT
#190
How's this build even supposed to work besides your opponent messing up? I just faced it on the ladder today. Marauders can't shoot up and your msc can absorb the first widow mine shot np. By the time photon overcharge expires, you have a few stalkers, an obs, and an immortal. In other words, the push is basically over.

When I read this thread for the first time, I thought this was much harder to hold. Generally, I'm pretty damn bad whenever I'm caught off-guard by a wonky strategy, but in this case the hold was a pretty effortless. Perhaps this is more effective if the protoss does a twilight build, although that also means you're probably dead if you don't do pretty significant damage and the protoss goes for a counter attack.
To live is to fight, to fight is to live!
micjmac
Profile Joined September 2010
42 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-26 21:17:40
November 26 2014 21:17 GMT
#191
Anyone got replays of this vs. blink all-ins?
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-26 21:43:28
November 26 2014 21:38 GMT
#192
i do very well with builds like this (almost exactly same build, slight difference) in tvp, in high diamond.

however, in pvt, i can defend this build every time, no problem, even unscouted!!... i almost always come out ahead, have never lost to it, one time i got behind but not by much and caught up later.

i dont think the build is very good at all. but its good vs bad players. (or rather, it can beat good players as we've seen, even in mid-masters, but they messed up defending/microing a lot -- so maybe we should say its good vs bad play)
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
November 26 2014 21:42 GMT
#193
also i think in ALMOST all situations pushing out with 5 marine 2 marauder at 5:10 is far superior to 3 marauder + 1 wm. so i think 2 rax is far better than this build. you can even add fac after the two rax.

you can also go rax fac rax and push with 3 marine 1 marauder 1 wm with 2 rine 1 marauder almost ready.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
klup
Profile Joined May 2013
France612 Posts
November 27 2014 10:39 GMT
#194
Hi all,

I have giving up on that build altough very efficient and fun because I prefer another opening in TvP but I recently adapted the concept for the ZvT matchup of a marauder hellbat pressure on 1 base into exp

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks
13 Refinery
16 Orbital Command
Marine x2 -> denying overlords to scout
Supply Depot
Factory ASAP hidden in your base where cannot be seen easy
techlab on rax
reactor on fact
constant marauder and hellion prod
armory when enough gas
push when 3-4 marauder and research concussive shells rally hellions to marauders and continue hellion prod but stop marauder. once you hit z base stop hellion prod and expand.

This made me outright win games 50% of the time but also allowed me to do some significant dmg still and transition to macro after that and win. THis can manage decently a wall of spine+ queen due to marauder power.

-Hammer-
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada107 Posts
November 28 2014 04:03 GMT
#195
On November 27 2014 19:39 klup wrote:
Hi all,

I have giving up on that build altough very efficient and fun because I prefer another opening in TvP but I recently adapted the concept for the ZvT matchup of a marauder hellbat pressure on 1 base into exp

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks
13 Refinery
16 Orbital Command
Marine x2 -> denying overlords to scout
Supply Depot
Factory ASAP hidden in your base where cannot be seen easy
techlab on rax
reactor on fact
constant marauder and hellion prod
armory when enough gas
push when 3-4 marauder and research concussive shells rally hellions to marauders and continue hellion prod but stop marauder. once you hit z base stop hellion prod and expand.

This made me outright win games 50% of the time but also allowed me to do some significant dmg still and transition to macro after that and win. THis can manage decently a wall of spine+ queen due to marauder power.


Sorry to hear the build's not working for you. I'm about 80% right now with it..

I do a VERY similar TvZ build :D What league are you in klup?
Grand Master Terran
klup
Profile Joined May 2013
France612 Posts
December 01 2014 15:26 GMT
#196
On November 28 2014 13:03 -Hammer- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 27 2014 19:39 klup wrote:
Hi all,

I have giving up on that build altough very efficient and fun because I prefer another opening in TvP but I recently adapted the concept for the ZvT matchup of a marauder hellbat pressure on 1 base into exp

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks
13 Refinery
16 Orbital Command
Marine x2 -> denying overlords to scout
Supply Depot
Factory ASAP hidden in your base where cannot be seen easy
techlab on rax
reactor on fact
constant marauder and hellion prod
armory when enough gas
push when 3-4 marauder and research concussive shells rally hellions to marauders and continue hellion prod but stop marauder. once you hit z base stop hellion prod and expand.

This made me outright win games 50% of the time but also allowed me to do some significant dmg still and transition to macro after that and win. THis can manage decently a wall of spine+ queen due to marauder power.


Sorry to hear the build's not working for you. I'm about 80% right now with it..

I do a VERY similar TvZ build :D What league are you in klup?


I'm top diamond right now , I dropped master league 1 year ago because of lack of practice. Now I play mainly for fun keeping a good level of play

I love your PvT build and had a ton of fun with it a few month ago but the main reason I'm not using it is that I use a build we made with a friend at the begining of Hots called "3 rax reaper in all MU" designed for platinium/diamond players to use the same opening in all MU that is very aggressive in the early game but cannot kill your opponent unless he has a 0 degree of micro. The build is great because it makes you learn multitask as it is hard to win outright with your early aggression so you are forced to have impecable macro behind your reaper micro and game awarness to transition into 3 base long macro game.

here is the old post and definitively outdated about it :
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/409905-3-rax-reaper-opening-in-all-mu

With the ressurgence of old maps with tons of cliff abuse, this kind of BO has returned to full efficience and has never been outdated in TvP anyway( great setup to counter blink allin btw) . Best for TvP, great for TvZ and very hard to pull off in TvT due to current aggressive banshee /1base play meta.

On maps that are not "cliff friendly" like daybreak I will use your build in general as it is very efficient I especially love the 3 stages of aggression :

-mine marauder push
-drop
-timing push hellbat tank viking

The TvZ version is much more allin though as a perfect defense for Z put you really behind. If you have a version of a hellbat marauder push more macro oriented I can take that :D.
-Hammer-
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada107 Posts
December 07 2014 19:39 GMT
#197
On December 02 2014 00:26 klup wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 28 2014 13:03 -Hammer- wrote:
On November 27 2014 19:39 klup wrote:
Hi all,

I have giving up on that build altough very efficient and fun because I prefer another opening in TvP but I recently adapted the concept for the ZvT matchup of a marauder hellbat pressure on 1 base into exp

10 Supply Depot
12 Barracks
13 Refinery
16 Orbital Command
Marine x2 -> denying overlords to scout
Supply Depot
Factory ASAP hidden in your base where cannot be seen easy
techlab on rax
reactor on fact
constant marauder and hellion prod
armory when enough gas
push when 3-4 marauder and research concussive shells rally hellions to marauders and continue hellion prod but stop marauder. once you hit z base stop hellion prod and expand.

This made me outright win games 50% of the time but also allowed me to do some significant dmg still and transition to macro after that and win. THis can manage decently a wall of spine+ queen due to marauder power.


Sorry to hear the build's not working for you. I'm about 80% right now with it..

I do a VERY similar TvZ build :D What league are you in klup?


I'm top diamond right now , I dropped master league 1 year ago because of lack of practice. Now I play mainly for fun keeping a good level of play

I love your PvT build and had a ton of fun with it a few month ago but the main reason I'm not using it is that I use a build we made with a friend at the begining of Hots called "3 rax reaper in all MU" designed for platinium/diamond players to use the same opening in all MU that is very aggressive in the early game but cannot kill your opponent unless he has a 0 degree of micro. The build is great because it makes you learn multitask as it is hard to win outright with your early aggression so you are forced to have impecable macro behind your reaper micro and game awarness to transition into 3 base long macro game.

here is the old post and definitively outdated about it :
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/sc2-strategy/409905-3-rax-reaper-opening-in-all-mu

With the ressurgence of old maps with tons of cliff abuse, this kind of BO has returned to full efficience and has never been outdated in TvP anyway( great setup to counter blink allin btw) . Best for TvP, great for TvZ and very hard to pull off in TvT due to current aggressive banshee /1base play meta.

On maps that are not "cliff friendly" like daybreak I will use your build in general as it is very efficient I especially love the 3 stages of aggression :

-mine marauder push
-drop
-timing push hellbat tank viking

The TvZ version is much more allin though as a perfect defense for Z put you really behind. If you have a version of a hellbat marauder push more macro oriented I can take that :D.

Awesome! Sounds like you're a thoughtful SC2 player :D If you would like to go over anything specific or hear about my other builds feel free to message me in game Hammer#1909. I have some builds I don't really share, and would be happy to theorycraft with you! Cheers.
Grand Master Terran
ShoCkSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
Germany340 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-07 20:56:04
December 07 2014 20:55 GMT
#198
I met this build on ladder, from what I've tried out against it I think probes are really good vs the inital pressure for the tosses that are struggling with it. Whenever i see the 3 marauder 1 mine on my natural i bring half my probes to my natural, try to make the mine either unburrow or get off on 1 probe (until i have my obs to pick it off). Chrono an Immortal at the same time as getting 2 gates. Also, try to get a good surround on the marauders. Probes are really damn good vs Marauders without stim.
NaNiwa l facebook/shocksc2 l @shocksc2 l twitch.tv/shocksc2 l Grandmaster Protoss Player
Pirfiktshon
Profile Joined June 2013
United States1072 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-12-08 15:32:20
December 08 2014 15:30 GMT
#199
I met this build on ladder, from what I've tried out against it I think probes are really good vs the inital pressure for the tosses that are struggling with it. Whenever i see the 3 marauder 1 mine on my natural i bring half my probes to my natural, try to make the mine either unburrow or get off on 1 probe (until i have my obs to pick it off). Chrono an Immortal at the same time as getting 2 gates. Also, try to get a good surround on the marauders. Probes are really damn good vs Marauders without stim.


Probes are good against marauders without stim and Conc shells with no micro. If you have conc shells you can micro to do some serious eco damage and macro behind it...

I'm currently 10-0 with this build though my mmr has decayed down to low Diamond / high plat lol so that probably has something to do with it haha.

Edit: All i'm aiming to do is ECO damage when I play this build so I can pull out ahead. If I win a game in the first 6 mins so be it LOL which has happened a couple of times but its definitely not my end game its just a way I get ahead especially if you take a natural....
BeefMaster
Profile Joined December 2010
United States26 Posts
December 08 2014 17:59 GMT
#200
Question Time!

1) I recently ran into a toss who went Nexus first with cannons at the front. This shut down my initial poke. Then he parked stalkers in his main to deny drops, so I couldn't get anything done with widow mines. By the time I made my big push @ 14 mins, we were on equal supply. I was able to do some damage but not end the game, and he was able to remax faster and come back for the win. Any idea how to adapt the build to play against this style? Should I just double-expand?

2a) What are your thoughts when scouting stargate on planting a widow mine in your mineral line vs ebay+turrets? Seems cheaper and also effective at killing the stargate, although weakens your early push slightly.

2b) In general, how do you react to proxy stargate? Do you go kill the stargate first or just go for the 3-marauder+1-2 mine push?

3) How do you react to the zealot+stalker+msc poke? Or really any fast MSC poke? I usually have only 2 marauders and 1 mine when this hits. The MSC can get a ton of damage done and there doesn't seem to be much I can do to react. If I start making marines, MSC picks them off one at a time. I usually try to make ebay+turrets or chase with mines, but this usually results in econ damage or macro slips for me.

4) Any advice for dealing with 2-base blink stalker all-ins that seem really prevalent in the current map pool?

Prev 1 8 9 10 11 12 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 57m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4072
Leta 2770
Soulkey 559
Soma 338
Rush 221
Barracks 183
BeSt 127
Killer 81
Shinee 33
Shine 32
[ Show more ]
Hm[arnc] 24
Sharp 19
sorry 9
Dota 2
Gorgc1682
XcaliburYe177
League of Legends
JimRising 519
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King55
Other Games
gofns10483
WinterStarcraft713
Sick197
Pyrionflax133
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV209
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 51
• Sammyuel 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2259
League of Legends
• Jankos2444
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
57m
Patches Events
5h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
BSL Open Qualifier
9h 57m
OSC
13h 57m
OSC
1d 2h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.