• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10160 users

The HotS Protoss Help Me Thread - Page 222

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 220 221 222 223 224 367 Next
Make sure you read the OP before asking a question. Asking a question already addressed in the OP will result in moderation action. Also, please put some effort into your questions. Do not just ask for build orders.
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
January 11 2014 12:39 GMT
#4421
Neither of those maps has a mineral line exposed to emtpy air space behind it.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
Mantaza
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany87 Posts
January 11 2014 16:15 GMT
#4422
On January 10 2014 18:28 Gamlet wrote:
Mass muta so easy for phoenixes with range.


well this is until he adds corrupter and your phoenix just dies... i tried it with voidray phoenix but then again my voidrays all died way to fast so it was again corrupter/muta vs phoenix.
KingAlphard
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Italy1705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-11 17:47:59
January 11 2014 17:47 GMT
#4423
On January 12 2014 01:15 Mantaza wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 10 2014 18:28 Gamlet wrote:
Mass muta so easy for phoenixes with range.


well this is until he adds corrupter and your phoenix just dies... i tried it with voidray phoenix but then again my voidrays all died way to fast so it was again corrupter/muta vs phoenix.

It can work if you micro properly. You can shift click corruptors with void rays; this shouldn't be hard since corruptors are slower and so they are usually not stacked up with mutas. Since you can't really shift click mutas with phoenix, you can move them around until they are closer to mutas so that they will shoot them instead of corruptors.
Mantaza
Profile Joined January 2011
Germany87 Posts
January 11 2014 18:45 GMT
#4424
On January 12 2014 02:47 KingAlphard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 01:15 Mantaza wrote:
On January 10 2014 18:28 Gamlet wrote:
Mass muta so easy for phoenixes with range.


well this is until he adds corrupter and your phoenix just dies... i tried it with voidray phoenix but then again my voidrays all died way to fast so it was again corrupter/muta vs phoenix.

It can work if you micro properly. You can shift click corruptors with void rays; this shouldn't be hard since corruptors are slower and so they are usually not stacked up with mutas. Since you can't really shift click mutas with phoenix, you can move them around until they are closer to mutas so that they will shoot them instead of corruptors.


ye i know and i exactly did this but the voidrays died so fast to the mutas. I focused all the corrupter but the damage output from the muta stack was to heavy and killed the voidrays faster than they could kill the corrupter.
ZeroReverse
Profile Joined September 2010
Bulgaria108 Posts
January 11 2014 19:17 GMT
#4425
Hi guys.
Im coming back from 7months of inactivity. For some reason I got demoted to Silver where I wreck everyone (not a surprise given I was about master level when I stopped playing). However except the very standard FFE vs Zerg and a Phonix build vs Protoss, I dont know any modern viable builds whatsoever. Currently Im trying to steal some from the streams but that takes a lot of time and I would like to use my time in the lower leagues to practice the builds. Could you tell me what are the current builds in PvZ and PvT (a link will be ok too ofc)? For PvP im think Im ok, I have always played this matchup based on my senses, still I wont decline a build or two
Ragnarok shall befall you!
Teoita
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Italy12248 Posts
January 11 2014 19:51 GMT
#4426
For PvT the robo builds are essentially unchanged. I am personally a huge fan of obs/templar builds, so i published a guide on them a while ago: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=426047. The other two viable styles (not covered very well anywhere) are the standard single forge colossus/blink stalker builds, or 2base templar but off a stargate opener. Essentially you just go 1gate fe>oracle and then tech templar normally, using the oracle (make a second one if you feel like you need to) for scouting instead of observers.

For PvZ phoenix/colossus/blink stalker is still the most used styles. The other two are the voidray/chargelot/templar builds that sOs popularized (i have a guide coming out on them in the next few weeks), or some kind of fast third>blink stalker timing type push that isn't covered anywhere.
ModeratorProtoss all-ins are like a wok. You can throw whatever you want in there and it will turn out alright.
ArTiFaKs
Profile Joined September 2013
United States1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 03:08:51
January 12 2014 03:07 GMT
#4427
On January 12 2014 04:17 ZeroReverse wrote:
Hi guys.
Im coming back from 7months of inactivity. For some reason I got demoted to Silver where I wreck everyone (not a surprise given I was about master level when I stopped playing). However except the very standard FFE vs Zerg and a Phonix build vs Protoss, I dont know any modern viable builds whatsoever. Currently Im trying to steal some from the streams but that takes a lot of time and I would like to use my time in the lower leagues to practice the builds. Could you tell me what are the current builds in PvZ and PvT (a link will be ok too ofc)? For PvP im think Im ok, I have always played this matchup based on my senses, still I wont decline a build or two


Hey man, here is a really good PvZ build I've been using lately stolen from (P)Sora who has been dominating lately and is an up and coming protoss in Korea.

http://flatlinesc2.com/2013/10/build/pvz-soras-gateway-expand-build/

And there's lots of other builds around that site by FlatlineSC2 that are very nice. There's a lot of good tips and good builds taken from pros' in every matchup for Protoss.

Also, day9 has done some nice dailies for Protoss builds recently, nice quick and easy builds in most matchups

1) PvZ and PvT builds by CranK, goes over the Blink/Colossus build Teoita mentioned above:

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-665/

2) Here are some quick and easy builds from Elfi that day9 covers for all matchups:

http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-658-some-ezpz-12-minute-win-builds/

3) And here day9 covers sOs's run at Blizzcon, also for every matchup:

a) PvZ - http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-650-wcs-soss-attacking-pvz-styles/
b) PvT - http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-651-wcs-soss-no-colossus-pvt-style/
c) PvP - http://day9.tv/d/Day9/day9-daily-652-wcs-soss-stylish-pvp/
There are things known, and things unknown, and in-between are the doors.
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 04:27:52
January 12 2014 04:15 GMT
#4428
I have some questions about warpgates hotkeys.

First, to transform my gateways into warpgates using hotkeys, the only way is to put the gateways in a control group, press tab when they finish building (if I already have other warpgates) and then press the transform hotkey, correct?
I usually just scroll around to transform them, so I've assigned my tab key to another hotkey. If I want to do it with hotkeys only I need tab correct?

Also, I saw some people saying that they put gateways in a CG to transform them but then use W afterwards.
Is there any reason to prefer W if you already have the warpgates in a CG? Any difference?
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
January 12 2014 05:30 GMT
#4429
On January 12 2014 13:15 Azoryen wrote:
I have some questions about warpgates hotkeys.

First, to transform my gateways into warpgates using hotkeys, the only way is to put the gateways in a control group, press tab when they finish building (if I already have other warpgates) and then press the transform hotkey, correct?
I usually just scroll around to transform them, so I've assigned my tab key to another hotkey. If I want to do it with hotkeys only I need tab correct?

Also, I saw some people saying that they put gateways in a CG to transform them but then use W afterwards.
Is there any reason to prefer W if you already have the warpgates in a CG? Any difference?


I think it's just whatever is easiest for you, honestly. I used to put them in a hotkey group then tab through them later to transform, still using W ultimately to select my warp gates. Nowadays, I just jump to that screen and transform them manually.

You can still do the hotkey method without tab, you just have to actually move your cursor down and CTRL + click on the gateways in the selection area.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 06:20:11
January 12 2014 06:18 GMT
#4430
On January 12 2014 13:15 Azoryen wrote:
I have some questions about warpgates hotkeys.

First, to transform my gateways into warpgates using hotkeys, the only way is to put the gateways in a control group, press tab when they finish building (if I already have other warpgates) and then press the transform hotkey, correct?
I usually just scroll around to transform them, so I've assigned my tab key to another hotkey. If I want to do it with hotkeys only I need tab correct?

Also, I saw some people saying that they put gateways in a CG to transform them but then use W afterwards.
Is there any reason to prefer W if you already have the warpgates in a CG? Any difference?


You don't need to scroll around to transform them. You just need to select them in your control group and use the hotkey button (G) to transform them. Just ctrl + select them in the lower screen. as John says, and go GGG (for 3 gates etc).
KT best KT ~ 2014
w3c.TruE
Profile Joined November 2013
Czech Republic1055 Posts
January 12 2014 16:04 GMT
#4431
On January 12 2014 13:15 Azoryen wrote:
Is there any reason to prefer W if you already have the warpgates in a CG? Any difference?

Difference is only, that if you warping through the W, the sound after clicking is slighly different.
On January 12 2014 15:18 aZealot wrote:
Just ctrl + select them in the lower screen. as John says, and go GGG (for 3 gates etc).

Or you can just hold G button, and all the gateways will transform automatically. Same with forcfields and warping units (for example Hold Z and spam left mouse button, don't need to pres Z for each Zealot).
Dream, Dark, herO, PartinG, RorO, Bbyong, Rain, soO, PtitDrogo <3. Goodbye RorO, MC you were awesome! You will be remembered!
KingAlphard
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Italy1705 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 20:27:15
January 12 2014 20:26 GMT
#4432
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.

vhapter
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil677 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-12 22:22:41
January 12 2014 21:30 GMT
#4433
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.


If you're talking about 3 hatch before pool you could just cannon his third. 3 hatch before pool delays the pool for quite a bit, so you may also want to consider cutting corners yourself to take an earlier third.

Most people are likely to consider the things I'm going to say right now too outside the box. So use your own logic to judge these ideas.

First, you may be able to take a third before starting your own forge if you cut enough corners, but needless to say that would require testing. I'm not ashamed of metagaming the shit out of people that I've played in custom games and got to know a little better, so I've been able to trick greedy players into thinking I was doing a regular build when in fact I'd already taken a third before they thought even possible. However, the location of the golden base on Habitation Station makes it a bit too easy for overlords to spot that, so it's much trickier to do that stuff on this map... unless you perhaps go for the other third, which is less likely to be scouted.

A while ago, I decided to look for ways to take super fast thirds in PvZ. One of the greediest ways to speed it up was to stay on a single gas until I built my third, and then take all remaining gases asap. This is actually a nice way to boost your income and is much less risky than what I suggested in the previous paragraph imo. I recall being able to max out with voidray chargelot templar at about 13:30 this way, though I had to skip scouting altogether and build a second pylon before my forge (which is fine against a 14-15 pool or hatch first). The earliest third you can take this way is at about 5:30 with a single zealot iirc. I don't expect you to cut as many corners as I sometimes do, but you should still be able to take a relatively fast third as soon as your cybercore finishes and your zealot pops out if you stayed on a single gas. Then you wall off a cannon or 2 at your third and do w/e you want.

As for gateway expands, I don't know if I could be of any help. Perhaps you could try not taking your second gas as a reaction to this greedy play style and take your own fast third instead. Minerals are more important if you want to build a nexus, cannons, etc... so you'd be probably better off gathering more minerals for a while instead.
To live is to fight, to fight is to live!
EsportsJohn
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States4883 Posts
January 12 2014 22:35 GMT
#4434
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.



The best thing to do on this map is just plan to take a really fast third at the gold base. There's really no way to stop the zerg from taking the gold base and really no good way to punish it. It's pretty easy to take it stupidly early (like 6:00) since it only takes ~3 buildings to wall off.

Quite often the best way to still put on pressure while expanding is to open with something air-based such as oracle, phoenixes, or a warp prism drop. But basically, take all of your normal builds, cut gas income and early units, and just shove a stupid fast third in there.
StrategyAllyssa Grey <3<3
Azoryen
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Portugal242 Posts
January 12 2014 22:57 GMT
#4435
On January 13 2014 01:04 w3c.TruE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:15 Azoryen wrote:
Is there any reason to prefer W if you already have the warpgates in a CG? Any difference?

Difference is only, that if you warping through the W, the sound after clicking is slighly different.
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 15:18 aZealot wrote:
Just ctrl + select them in the lower screen. as John says, and go GGG (for 3 gates etc).

Or you can just hold G button, and all the gateways will transform automatically. Same with forcfields and warping units (for example Hold Z and spam left mouse button, don't need to pres Z for each Zealot).

Thx, forgot about the ctrl+click thing!
vhapter
Profile Joined May 2010
Brazil677 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 01:34:31
January 13 2014 01:33 GMT
#4436
On January 13 2014 07:35 SC2John wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.



The best thing to do on this map is just plan to take a really fast third at the gold base. There's really no way to stop the zerg from taking the gold base and really no good way to punish it. It's pretty easy to take it stupidly early (like 6:00) since it only takes ~3 buildings to wall off.

Quite often the best way to still put on pressure while expanding is to open with something air-based such as oracle, phoenixes, or a warp prism drop. But basically, take all of your normal builds, cut gas income and early units, and just shove a stupid fast third in there.


Now that I think about it, building a full wall actually sounds like an interesting idea. That's basically what people used to do on Entombed Valley, except you'd have to transfer a good amount of probes before completing the wall to make it "optimal".
To live is to fight, to fight is to live!
SidianTheBard
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2475 Posts
January 13 2014 02:54 GMT
#4437
On January 13 2014 07:35 SC2John wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.



The best thing to do on this map is just plan to take a really fast third at the gold base. There's really no way to stop the zerg from taking the gold base and really no good way to punish it. It's pretty easy to take it stupidly early (like 6:00) since it only takes ~3 buildings to wall off.

Quite often the best way to still put on pressure while expanding is to open with something air-based such as oracle, phoenixes, or a warp prism drop. But basically, take all of your normal builds, cut gas income and early units, and just shove a stupid fast third in there.


I've actually had pretty big success with Sentry-drops on Habitation Station. Since it only takes 2 forcefields to block off the gold base you can actually load up 2 sentries, 2 zealots, drop, warp in 4 more zealots. Assuming both sentries have ~100 energy you can keep the base blocked off for a good ~30 seconds. Also, if it looks like your drop isn't going to work you can just take a fast third at the gold and either wall it off with buildings or just have good reaction time with sentries to forcefield anything that wants to come up.

Remember sOs vs Scarlett where he just kept 2 sentries at the natural ramp and 2 at the gold base ramp. 4 units and he could basically hold 3 base.
Creator of Abyssal Reef, Ascension to Aiur, Battle on the Boardwalk, Habitation Station, Honorgrounds, IPL Darkness Falls, King's Cove, Korhal Carnage Knockout & Moonlight Madness.
ArTiFaKs
Profile Joined September 2013
United States1229 Posts
January 13 2014 06:58 GMT
#4438
On January 13 2014 11:54 SidianTheBard wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:35 SC2John wrote:
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.



The best thing to do on this map is just plan to take a really fast third at the gold base. There's really no way to stop the zerg from taking the gold base and really no good way to punish it. It's pretty easy to take it stupidly early (like 6:00) since it only takes ~3 buildings to wall off.

Quite often the best way to still put on pressure while expanding is to open with something air-based such as oracle, phoenixes, or a warp prism drop. But basically, take all of your normal builds, cut gas income and early units, and just shove a stupid fast third in there.


I've actually had pretty big success with Sentry-drops on Habitation Station. Since it only takes 2 forcefields to block off the gold base you can actually load up 2 sentries, 2 zealots, drop, warp in 4 more zealots. Assuming both sentries have ~100 energy you can keep the base blocked off for a good ~30 seconds. Also, if it looks like your drop isn't going to work you can just take a fast third at the gold and either wall it off with buildings or just have good reaction time with sentries to forcefield anything that wants to come up.

Remember sOs vs Scarlett where he just kept 2 sentries at the natural ramp and 2 at the gold base ramp. 4 units and he could basically hold 3 base.


Wow I completely forgot about that, ya that's a really good idea. And going Stargate on that map is a good idea, due to the amount of airspace around the gold base. But that sentry drop is a great idea, I'm definitely guna try that out. My winrate on Habitation vs Zerg is just terrible so I gotta try somethin' lol
There are things known, and things unknown, and in-between are the doors.
Whitewing
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7483 Posts
January 13 2014 21:44 GMT
#4439
On January 13 2014 07:35 SC2John wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 05:26 KingAlphard wrote:
I think no one asked this yet. What do you do against a zerg who takes a fast 3rd hatch in the golden expo (Habitation station)? It can be hatch-hatch-pool or hatch-pool-hatch or pool-hatch-hatch. Either way they have so many minerals in the early game that they can stop any aggression and they will also be able to deny your third base easily.

Maybe with FFE it is possible to stop it by walling off the ramp of the third base (should take 5 pylons I think?) and then building cannons behind it, but not sure if you would have enough minerals to defend your expo from lings.
However with gate FE it seems there's no way to stop it. I tried some stupid stuff like proxy gates into oracle, etc. and sometimes it worked but just because my opponent had no idea what I was doing (since it was so stupid) and screwed up.



The best thing to do on this map is just plan to take a really fast third at the gold base. There's really no way to stop the zerg from taking the gold base and really no good way to punish it. It's pretty easy to take it stupidly early (like 6:00) since it only takes ~3 buildings to wall off.

Quite often the best way to still put on pressure while expanding is to open with something air-based such as oracle, phoenixes, or a warp prism drop. But basically, take all of your normal builds, cut gas income and early units, and just shove a stupid fast third in there.



I really like to open void ray here after FFE to take a fast third (the void defends early aggression super easily), and then go into fast tempest to deny his third entirely. The extra minerals you get from the gold make it easy to afford extra cannons to defend.
Strategy"You know I fucking hate the way you play, right?" ~SC2John
Heartland
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden24604 Posts
January 13 2014 22:15 GMT
#4440
For the Habitation Station "problem" what do you think about opening FFE, then going into +1 four-gate and then into Stargate tech? FFE allows you to cannon gold-first (whether three hatch before pool or just hatch first on the gold). +1 zealots will kill off speedlings and allows you to assault the gold, and Stargates can go into VRs, Tempests, etc.
Prev 1 220 221 222 223 224 367 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM756
IndyStarCraft 173
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 756
Reynor 345
ByuN 279
TKL 263
IndyStarCraft 173
Railgan 78
BRAT_OK 39
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 55520
Bisu 2919
Calm 2409
FanTaSy 879
Stork 596
Rush 457
hero 297
firebathero 170
actioN 133
Sharp 98
[ Show more ]
Free 50
ToSsGirL 37
Mong 34
Pusan 30
soO 25
Rock 24
Terrorterran 21
Aegong 18
Hm[arnc] 17
HiyA 17
Sacsri 12
Noble 12
scan(afreeca) 9
IntoTheRainbow 6
Dota 2
Gorgc10396
Dendi1047
Counter-Strike
fl0m4617
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King72
Heroes of the Storm
MindelVK9
Other Games
singsing2084
Liquid`RaSZi1565
B2W.Neo727
Beastyqt668
Khaldor491
Mlord485
olofmeister385
KnowMe319
crisheroes166
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV259
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 13
• Adnapsc2 8
• Reevou 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach19
• FT.aCt)Sony5
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV519
League of Legends
• Nemesis3283
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1484
Other Games
• Shiphtur492
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 54m
BSL Open Qualifier
2h 54m
OSC
6h 54m
Replay Cast
6h 54m
OSC
19h 54m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 18h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.