• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:26
CEST 23:26
KST 06:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)50Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8436 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 424

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 422 423 424 425 426 432 Next
Steven Cai
Profile Joined June 2017
United States47 Posts
October 31 2017 02:35 GMT
#8461
On October 31 2017 01:42 Sm1les wrote:
If you go to github it is more updated and has those changes as well as much of co op.I recommend you do that but you should learn how to do this yourself because, that may or may not be done for the upcoming patch.A general rule of tumb is look for similar abilities like for muscular augments it would be the same as ling and roach speed I believe and morph should also always be the same.

As for the control groups in 3.0 the only thing you use is create and take away (ctrl+shift+key) or add and take away (ctrl+key).For control group 10 you are never gonna have 10 control groups honestly at that piont its eaiser just to box and click in my opinion.But I feel like it should be somewhere .I'm guessing you altered the setup in the game and unbound that key by accident .You should always alter it in the text document it is under documents in star craft,accounts,random set of numbers that is you, then hot keys.If for some reason the hot key literally isn't there like what happened to me with the new swarm host skin spawn locust for some reason has a different key for if it. Then make a blank hot key setup and then make the changes there then copy and paste into the other file will work fine. This also works if you are using a unique key to find out what the program calls it like " ' " is Apostrophe.Set rally is just if for some reason you wanted to play sc2 like brood war then you can click a hot key and then click instead of just clicking.The ultralisk is also I'm pretty sure you rebinding it.


I did go to the GitHub files. Maybe it was that I accidentally used UKQwerty instead of USQwerty. Going to check right now to see if that is the problem.
Terran gathers, And now my mech begins, It shall not end until my death, I shall take no stim. Hold no CS, father no Marines, I shall wear no crowns and win no glory, I shall live and die at my factory. I am the Hellbat in the darkness, I am the Cyclone
Steven Cai
Profile Joined June 2017
United States47 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-10-31 03:02:31
October 31 2017 02:45 GMT
#8462
Okay, nevermind. That is not the problem. I never tampered with anything unless I was 100% sure I knew what I was doing. Therefore, I am sure that there were a lot of unbounded hotkeys at the start. I used the DropBox file instead of the GitHub file. Now that I have checked the GitHub file, there were some unbounded hotkey issues that I was able to solve, but most of them remained unsolved.
Terran gathers, And now my mech begins, It shall not end until my death, I shall take no stim. Hold no CS, father no Marines, I shall wear no crowns and win no glory, I shall live and die at my factory. I am the Hellbat in the darkness, I am the Cyclone
bsvv
Profile Joined September 2017
5 Posts
November 03 2017 13:03 GMT
#8463
Hey,

does anyone else face the Problem that STRG+Shift+ 0/9/8 doens´t make a new Control-group and delete the old one?

Works fine with u ,i ,o ,k ,l , and ,, , ´´ and ,, . ´´ .

With 8/9/0 i just can create Control groups and add Units/structures but can´t delete the old selection and make the current one to my new Control-Group.


For every help I would be very thankful because this is very annoying


Sincerly

bsvv


Brammel
Profile Joined November 2017
1 Post
November 07 2017 10:18 GMT
#8464
Is anyone still actively maintaining TheCore atm? I found many differences between all the files and the images etc.
I know jack is busy with other stuff but did someone take over yet?
MilExo
Profile Joined September 2011
South Africa139 Posts
November 07 2017 15:59 GMT
#8465
Not as far as I am aware
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
November 09 2017 02:09 GMT
#8466
TheCore is not being improved anymore, but the current files represent the most advanced version we came up with. Since then, not a lot of actual changes to hotkeys have occurred (like they did when the HotS and LotV came out) so there's not really a need for it.

As you point out, the support for TheCore needs an update, spreadsheets, images, etc may be incorrect in some areas (and there are a few unbound bugs that came up). I'm considering making TheCore 4.0, have it multiplayer only, and just make left and right hand versions only.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
MilExo
Profile Joined September 2011
South Africa139 Posts
November 09 2017 04:39 GMT
#8467
I think it would be better to make a guide explaining to people how to update the hotkeys themselves. Since it isn't actively being maintained, it doesn't work for the new co-op commanders and thus gives many unbounds which causes a concern for many users.
Slimper
Profile Joined November 2017
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-18 21:11:19
November 11 2017 12:24 GMT
#8468
Hi, guys! Can someone help and tell me (or send me somewhere) how to control 3 different armies as a whole? How do I avoid finger repetition? Is it just practice or are the some tips?

SOLVED + Show Spoiler +
just 9-P, L-P, 0-P really fast and control 3 groups as a whole


Another question I had: how do you remove a worker from the main+upgrades group if it got there, and same for the cloning units (how do you remove a marine to send to a Xelnaga from the main army fast? Do you really have to give him a separate control group?)

SOLVED + Show Spoiler +
just select what you need to stay in the group and ctrl+shift it. This will create it again and remove stuff you didn't need


How do you queen inject with TheCore? Previous shift method doesn't work if the queen has more than 25 energy, right? They run around like stupid

SOLVED + Show Spoiler +
gotta use manual inject with the camera locations, here's a VOD of SoO using the method; it will look like "shift+J, box the queen, inject; shift+o, box the queen, inject, and so on. I like this method more than the shift method too. To practice you can play Creep or Die, a standard melee map or the LotV queen inject tester


And the last one, how do you best add to a control group without stealing? Mine "add" was on the ALT+SHIFT+Numpad1, I put it on the Numpad 1, but it won't probably cut it in the long run.

SOLVED + Show Spoiler +
just ctrl+shift as said above
Sm1les
Profile Joined October 2017
7 Posts
November 11 2017 22:41 GMT
#8469
Hi there is a problem where when ever I run co-op there is for some reason a conflict between the cloak hokey and the burrow hot key on RRM. I don't know If this has been addressed before now or if something weird is going on.Please help.
Sm1les
Profile Joined October 2017
7 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-11 22:54:56
November 11 2017 22:48 GMT
#8470
There is no trick that I know to help control three armies except maybe that if you double tap a control group that will center you on it.But I think that is fairly well known. Its ctrl + shift to create and steal a control group so use that in stead of just crtl and that should work fine. You aren't supposed to create control groups because that mean a unit can share a control group which is often time annoying if you don't want to have to move the different parts of your army independently before the fight you can have them follow a part of your ground force.
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
November 12 2017 04:09 GMT
#8471
Hi there is a problem where when ever I run co-op there is for some reason a conflict between the cloak hokey and the burrow hot key on RRM. I don't know If this has been addressed before now or if something weird is going on.Please help.

Stukov's infested terran banshee is able to burrow/unburrow and cloack/decloak. The associated hotkeys a general and affect many units, TheCore using the same keys for both aspects for Multiplayer. For TheCore Lite we fixed it at version v2.1, introducing different keys for Cloak/Decloak:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases/tag/v2.1.0

This infested terran change made TheCore team give up in being Coop clean
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
November 12 2017 19:59 GMT
#8472
Too much of the multiplayer efficiency has to be sacrificed to ensure no unbound co-op commands. Stukov really fucked us.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Erob
Profile Joined November 2017
1 Post
November 15 2017 15:54 GMT
#8473
I’ve been playing on and off since WoL, but I’ve taken a long break and will be switching to Protoss. This is a decent time for me to learn TheCore. Is this still a good idea?

I downloaded it last night and found that i had a lot of questions with no active player base to ask. In addition, the new patch made it more difficult because of the new spells. Are there any players still here that I can add in game or post here to?
ToxicMilk1
Profile Joined November 2017
1 Post
November 17 2017 14:26 GMT
#8474
So now patch 4 has landed, do you have plan to upgrade the layout to reflect the latest change?
asdir
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany39 Posts
November 18 2017 09:52 GMT
#8475
Back after years of abstinence (might even find my entries on the first few pages here).

Wondering now what the best inject method is with Core 3.0. Posts above suggest using Shift-method with Core Lite since shift-method apparently does not work for Core 3.0. But what method to use if I want to stay with Core 3.0?

If there is no fitting method for Core 3.0 at the moment, a response saying so would also be appreciated.
Slimper
Profile Joined November 2017
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-29 14:50:33
November 18 2017 20:59 GMT
#8476
Asdir, look at my previous post (#8468)

TheCore (RRM) updated for the new patch and Coop
drive.google.com

+ Show Spoiler [Resting positiong and Hotkeys explained] +

Fingers resting position: J I O P (shift+ctrl)


Control groups from 1 to 10: J, O, L, 9, 0, H, M, N, Y, "."


Steal to a control group modifier: ctrl


Create and steal to a control group modifier: ctrl+shift


Create a camera location modifier: alt


Move to a camera location modifier: shift


Switch between unit, structure types: mouse 4 and 5 (forward and backward).


Rapid fire (quick cast) keys: P, K, ",", "-", "[", '.


My solution to the Coop zerg/terran overlap is just not using burrow or cloak depending on who you play. It really is that simple. Most buttons for commanders are not perfect (I just made them work, I didn't have time to make all the buttons logical, but some still are), but it's better than playing with Grid or Standard. I'll update it as I play more!
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
November 18 2017 21:22 GMT
#8477
@Slimper, running Coop, isn't your hotkeys getting broken? Not sure that I understand your tip, maybe you have 2 copies or fix the hotkeys if you play this or this commander…
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
Slimper
Profile Joined November 2017
13 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-19 09:10:16
November 19 2017 08:42 GMT
#8478
bobo38, when you play terran, you hotkey your cloak to K and ;. When you play zerg, you hotkey burrow to K and ;, overwriting your cloak. When you play Stukov, you just don't use burrow or cloak with hotkeys (your preference).

Download my version and see for yourself :D
bobo38
Profile Joined February 2016
France220 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-11-19 09:51:40
November 19 2017 09:43 GMT
#8479
@Slimper, thanks for the clarification, I don't use TheCore but TheCore Lite: just wanted to be sure that I (and others) understood your tip
Check out TheCore Lite last release:
https://github.com/bobo38/TheCoreLite/releases
Sundr
Profile Joined November 2017
34 Posts
November 22 2017 19:12 GMT
#8480
I have a problem. I'm using custom control scheme, it's personalized mix of standard and grid hotkeys with several ideas picked from TheCore (which helped a ton). I can normally use it in any types of player vs. player, but game has different schemes for Coop or Campaign modes and many of keybinds overlap creating mess of things.

Can I somehow force game to automatically use, say vanilla Grid or Standard for Coop/Campaign and my personal scheme for PvP?

Also, is there any way to summon Coop or Campaign keybind settings in options from of these modes at will?
Prev 1 422 423 424 425 426 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 34m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 134
ProTech113
Nina 97
SpeCial 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13199
Bale 12
League of Legends
Doublelift2306
JimRising 317
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5069
Khaldor1387
Liquid`Hasu749
Other Games
summit1g6696
fl0m825
shahzam515
C9.Mang0188
FrodaN171
ToD161
KnowMe130
ArmadaUGS124
Mew2King65
JuggernautJason60
NeuroSwarm37
ViBE29
PPMD13
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Noizen127
Other Games
• imaqtpie884
• Shiphtur203
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 34m
Stellar Fest
15h 34m
OSC
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 12h
Online Event
1d 13h
FEL
1d 18h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 19h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 21h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.