• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:30
CEST 11:30
KST 18:30
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9644 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 37

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 432 Next
Serge89
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium38 Posts
July 13 2012 17:20 GMT
#721
Well, i bought an american razer marauder so thats not the problem. What i meant was that when i build something its really hard to queue shift afterthat cause your thumb is on shift or ctrl and your index tap "ù" or "$".

Example : You want to put one pylon then 2 assimilators, for me it goes like this : Select Probe -> ù -> j -> shift -> ù -> k

Quite hard to execute it faster imo, don't know if someone have the same issue or my hand is not normal ( i got really long fingers)
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 19:30:38
July 13 2012 19:08 GMT
#722
On July 14 2012 02:20 Serge89 wrote:
Well, i bought an american razer marauder so thats not the problem. What i meant was that when i build something its really hard to queue shift afterthat cause your thumb is on shift or ctrl and your index tap "ù" or "$".

Example : You want to put one pylon then 2 assimilators, for me it goes like this : Select Probe -> ù -> j -> shift -> ù -> k

Quite hard to execute it faster imo, don't know if someone have the same issue or my hand is not normal ( i got really long fingers)


I have no idea why that would be hard for you if you have long fingers accept that maybe you are not tilting your keyboard correctly??

EDIT: if you added a video or picture of you trying to do this it would help a lot.

@Antylamon
He has the correct version.

Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
wc4482
Profile Joined September 2010
United States45 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-13 19:23:16
July 13 2012 19:19 GMT
#723
On July 14 2012 02:20 Serge89 wrote:


Example : You want to put one pylon then 2 assimilators, for me it goes like this : Select Probe -> ù -> j -> shift -> ù -> k

Quite hard to execute it faster imo, don't know if someone have the same issue or my hand is not normal ( i got really long fingers)


You might consider changing the order of your key presses. Try this instead:

Select Probe -> ù -> j -> left click -> ù -> k -> HOLD SHIFT NOW -> left click x 2

notice the difference: you are not holding the shift key down until IMMEDIATELY before you left click to place the two assimilators
SC2 name: ThelVlaster on NA server
Serge89
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium38 Posts
July 13 2012 19:40 GMT
#724
On July 14 2012 04:19 wc4482 wrote:


You might consider changing the order of your key presses. Try this instead:

Select Probe -> ù -> j -> left click -> ù -> k -> HOLD SHIFT NOW -> left click x 2

notice the difference: you are not holding the shift key down until IMMEDIATELY before you left click to place the two assimilators


Yeah, i think that's the way to do it, thanks !
Played 2 hours in a row, my wrist's suffering^^
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
July 13 2012 19:45 GMT
#725
glad everything worked out for you Serge.

Going to stream now, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to hit me up live:

www.twitch.tv/thejakatak
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
ellaguru
Profile Joined March 2012
United States35 Posts
July 13 2012 20:10 GMT
#726
On July 14 2012 00:04 Zach426 wrote:
I have been using the core for about 5 games now and I am really enjoying the fluid movement of my actions. I do have a question and haven't been able to find an answer to it! I am using TRM and am struggling a little with what control groups to use for what. Should I be using 9 and 0 for buildings or for army control? I have been using it for buildings and O and P for army control but I believe this isn't the correct way. Thanks again, I've been enjoying it!


check the data document, click the terran tab and look under column Z and AA.

Natespank
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada449 Posts
July 14 2012 14:12 GMT
#727
@Natespank
What is your "stutter step" technique?


Let me try the "attack-move, right click most" a bit more before I comment further. I'm a little more used to using stop as part of the sequence, in combo with attack-move, but that might not be ideal. I picked up that way when I started over a year ago from some youtube video.

The setup is pretty intuitive once you get used to it, so far. As to the layout itself though, enter is too easy to hit while reaching for ' to build stuff. Accidentally pressing it also requires yet another keystroke f8 to get back to entering normal commands, and considering how rarely I use the button, I think enter might be better assigned to something else.

using RRM.
Natespank
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada449 Posts
July 14 2012 14:41 GMT
#728
Also, regarding the command center:

I press "build SCV" far more often than I press "drop mule" or "build orbital command," and I find J to be more intuitive than I for build SCV (though just as fast).
Dephy
Profile Joined January 2011
Lithuania163 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 15:37:23
July 14 2012 15:31 GMT
#729
On July 14 2012 23:41 Natespank wrote:
Also, regarding the command center:

I press "build SCV" far more often than I press "drop mule" or "build orbital command," and I find J to be more intuitive than I for build SCV (though just as fast).

same, and i find almost all keys kinda unconfortable, and put it strange places, like upgrade for seker misele is"H" but to use seeker misele misele i have to press "," , same goes for stim which is even more easy to mix up upgrade is "J" , while to use it you need "I", since j is atack move.
But i got to give it to creators to this hotkeys i dont feel that i mastered them even 30% but i already have apm of 180 after about 10games, while i ussualy averaged about 200-210 with my normal keys, so im thinking il prolly have around 250-300apm after i fully master these keys.

Also its kinda strange to understand why you put 9 to 0 and 0 to 1 and then put - to 9(logicaly it should be 2 and not 9) ant then = to 3? mby its mistake, logicaly on . there should be 9 , not 2. since op[ is 456 and l; is 78 and then on . there should be 9 not 2?
Im using TRM 0.32
herrcombs
Profile Joined May 2012
United States5 Posts
July 14 2012 16:01 GMT
#730
I am using 0.3.2 ZRM, and it still looks like there is an issue with uproot being on two separate keys for spores and spines. Others have brought up this issue as well. Jakatak, you mentioned earlier that you were going to fix this so that they are on the same key. Which key do you recommend it be, and can you change it for the next version please?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-14 21:21:52
July 14 2012 21:03 GMT
#731
@herrcombs
I thought I fixed that! So sorry, I will double check now and redownload the files!!!

@dephy
The order of the control groups is not important, but I will order them in a more intuitive way for 1.0
The reason almost all keys are bound to commands is frequency. The fastest to press keys are matched with the most frequently used commands. This is a central principle of the layout's design.

@natespank
I do think that the attack move/right click kiting is better than the stop command one. Any terrans want to have a go at this one? (if you have reasons behind the way you do it)

Also, if you accidentally hit enter, you can just press enter again.

Streaming live as usual, feel free to ask any questions in the chat on stream :D

www.twitch.tv/thejakatak

EDIT: the files that I have are already fixed. I reuploaded them. Let me know if you're still having issues after a re-download.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Serge89
Profile Joined May 2011
Belgium38 Posts
July 14 2012 22:40 GMT
#732
When will the final version be released ?
poeticEnnui
Profile Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
July 14 2012 22:43 GMT
#733
Hey, it's been a while -- but at this point, I've played at least two hundred games with TheCore, and am ultimately very happy I made the switch. I'm still a little bit more fluid with the regular hotkey setup but that's what years of BW and two of SC2 do to you, I guess. Almost there with TheCore!

I think I might spend the rest of the summer trying to get into GM next season. Still debating it
Bananenbaum
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany18 Posts
July 15 2012 02:04 GMT
#734
I feel very uncomfortable having the hotkey for queens in ZRM on the same finger as my hatcheries, since I feel like you have to press it regularly to keep an eye on the queen energy to keep your injects up and most times I press the hatchery hotkey right after checking that, which feels awkward since those keys are both on the index finger.

Does anyone have the same or a different experience with that ?
Snoodles
Profile Joined March 2012
401 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-15 02:15:57
July 15 2012 02:15 GMT
#735
I just ordered my first gaming mouse(with 4th/5th) and can't wait to try this layout when it comes in on monday.
Larias
Profile Joined July 2011
United States75 Posts
July 15 2012 02:33 GMT
#736
Are the most pressed keys now on J instead of I? Whats the deal with that? I must have missed something.
poeticEnnui
Profile Joined September 2010
United States78 Posts
July 15 2012 02:38 GMT
#737
One more thing: if anyone wants to practice, I'll be in the channel "thecore" (sin, overfleSh, and Dragoon are my smurfs that my friends gave me after quitting SC2 ). Join me there for practice games!
DarKcS
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia1237 Posts
July 15 2012 04:00 GMT
#738
Stick to what you're comfortable with. Look at why any one setup might be more efficient. Consider rebinding just a few keys you could move to a better location (I use patrol Q, ~ basecamera, space camera X) - you only need small adjustments to improve your play.
Die tomorrow - Live today
A2340
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada106 Posts
July 15 2012 06:47 GMT
#739
I don't know why I didn't know about this before, but I'm glad that I found it (and I'll at least try to use it). It looks like a lot of time has been put into this project, so thanks to the developer(s).
wc4482
Profile Joined September 2010
United States45 Posts
July 15 2012 15:53 GMT
#740
On July 15 2012 13:00 DarKcS wrote:
Stick to what you're comfortable with. Look at why any one setup might be more efficient. Consider rebinding just a few keys you could move to a better location (I use patrol Q, ~ basecamera, space camera X) - you only need small adjustments to improve your play.


I'm curious, have you tried the core or are you just giving blind advice?
SC2 name: ThelVlaster on NA server
Prev 1 35 36 37 38 39 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2276
Bisu 470
Hyuk 422
Killer 105
Dewaltoss 94
Larva 91
Leta 80
Sexy 78
EffOrt 76
Soma 68
[ Show more ]
ZerO 62
Light 49
ToSsGirL 47
soO 41
Yoon 34
Sharp 34
Aegong 28
Sacsri 22
Bale 20
NaDa 16
Hm[arnc] 15
sorry 14
Shinee 13
JulyZerg 10
Rush 8
Terrorterran 2
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes554
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS51
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2389
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 31m
OSC
12h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.