• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:34
CEST 18:34
KST 01:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War225.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8757 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 135

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 432 Next
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 21:35:42
March 06 2013 21:34 GMT
#2681
I think we will revert the burrow change that was put into effect in 0.6.2. Burrow will remain on M, but Unburrow will be returned to O. This is to allow for faster and more effective burrow micro. Therefore, set rally (swarm host only) will receive a sleight deprioritization and move to I.

The difference between 0.6.1 and 0.6.3 in terms of Zerg abilities will be the re-prioritization of burrow > ability 4, as well as the small adjustment in queen abilities, plus the addition of a designated swarm host rally button.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 06 2013 22:13 GMT
#2682
To be clear:

Burrow is being prioritized as ability 3 in 0.6.3 where it was prioritized as ability 4 in 0.6.1.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
March 06 2013 22:30 GMT
#2683
Hooray! I'm helping! :D
I am terrible at this game!
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-06 23:59:27
March 06 2013 23:13 GMT
#2684
and it's a good thing you are! We originally had them separate for that very reason, but easily forgot it while re-assessing. It is likely it would have gone unnoticed by us, so thanks!
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
March 07 2013 00:21 GMT
#2685
I isn't much different than o, so the problems with right clicking to set a rally point for swarm hosts are still resolved for me. I'm glad the priority for burrow is increasing, it's used ubiquitously in the late game and increasingly in the mid and early game.
furyofSkanks
Profile Joined March 2012
32 Posts
March 07 2013 02:42 GMT
#2686
I tried putting burrow on m and unburrow on n.... the roach micro did very well.

I liked this because I could very quickly tap m / n

the / switches the command card (IMO)
Dark Seraph
Profile Joined July 2011
United States30 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-07 03:59:48
March 07 2013 03:23 GMT
#2687
I've been using TheCore and picking up the new versions almost immediately after you come out with them since early July and since then I have gone from low diamond to low-mid masters with all 3 races (using ZRM, PRM, and TRM). I've been really happy with it since the beginning, but I'm beginning to feel that having just one hotkey for army production for terran and protoss is just too slow when you have to press "/" twice.

I'm not sure what would be the optimal way to squeeze in 2 more production keys in. The one for the production with highest priority on hotkeys (barracks and gateways) would still have all of the other production buildings on it just to check their current production. Any thoughts?

Thank you so much for all your hard work!
furyofSkanks
Profile Joined March 2012
32 Posts
March 07 2013 11:19 GMT
#2688
PS -- I've improved quite a bit after switching to the core as well.

I can't say I wouldn't have gotten better had I not used the core, but because of it, I've learned more about hotkeys and mechanics.

I find having production buildings all on 1 hotkey, make switching between terran / zerg and protoss a lot easier.

Now they all feel the same!

PS-- No reason as terran you couldn't use P for your barracks and gateways and shift P for your orbital commands and command centers is there?

Right? P for hatches if your zerg, and shift P for queens?

There already is 2 production hotkeys built in, There's also no reason why you can't make a key such as "\" the default for the warp gate key instead of something that comes with the core that is gross such as C + A

Regardless, if you have the gateways hotkeyed to P or shift - P I don't see a need for the warp in hotkey, JaKaTak has a good point. As shift-P click, click, click is the same thing no?




JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 07 2013 15:56 GMT
#2689
If you or your friends were wondering if it was a good time to switch to TheCore. Read on:

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/19uicy/how_to_improve_at_hots_by_playing_wol_now/



Concerning Offracing with Zerg:

Unfortunately, because zerg is such a unique race, it has the roughest offrace in TheCore. This is because the two most frequent actions for macro are not 2 control groups. They are Hatchery CG and Select Larva. With terran and protoss, we have the tap between the Nex/CC CG and the Unit Production CG. I have no experience offracing with zerg, so it is very difficult for me to suggest using the Shift+P control group or a different CG. Putting it all on one CG would be rough. That's a lot of tabbing. I do suggest using 2 CGs for Macro. Which ones you choose is up to you.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Whirligig
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom77 Posts
March 09 2013 05:04 GMT
#2690
Just started to use the core, so far, very nice. I'm using ZRSM 0.6.1 and I've found that the hotkey for allocating Control Group 3 is broken? It says the bind is Control+Shift+0 but this doesn't actually work, best I can do is Control+0 which adds things to the group. Is this some weird limitation involving numbers?

Also, for anyone else using the core on a UK layout keyboard, I recommend binding the enter key bind to ' instead, as there is an extra key there that's not present in the US layout.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
March 09 2013 05:40 GMT
#2691
JaKaTaK, you probably are going to need to highlight, bolden, italicize, underline, color, and make 20x bigger question 10 on the FAQ And probably put it at the very top of the page, too.
jjakji fan
Whirligig
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom77 Posts
March 09 2013 05:48 GMT
#2692
God damnit, I thought I'd read everything!!! Thank you slowbacontron.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
March 09 2013 05:50 GMT
#2693
On March 09 2013 14:48 Whirligig wrote:
God damnit, I thought I'd read everything!!! Thank you slowbacontron.

Haha, always welcome. Can't count how many people have come to the thread asking this.
jjakji fan
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 09 2013 15:34 GMT
#2694
Yea, I think it'll have to be number 1 in the FAQ at least
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
March 09 2013 16:56 GMT
#2695

Yea, I think it'll have to be number 1 in the FAQ at least


better : put it in your signature
Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 09 2013 18:57 GMT
#2696
lolololol Sounds good.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Zigzter
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada5 Posts
March 10 2013 09:24 GMT
#2697
I downloaded the medium sized layout (right handed zerg), and noticed that instead of lots of stretching (using the standard layout), I had to do a lot of crazy finger aerobics to hit the keys. Is this just a matter of not being used to it, or did I maybe choose the wrong size?
kamidesu
Profile Joined December 2012
Thailand25 Posts
March 10 2013 14:46 GMT
#2698
Have you come up with the best way to use this on a japanese keyboard...
Im still waiting
Month after months..
Fruit Dealer ;D First SC2 KING / Jaedong the One and Only Real kING
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 10 2013 16:00 GMT
#2699
@Zigzter

It is possible you chose the wrong size. However, most keys should feel intuitive and easy to press with some exceptions. Some people feel that M and , are a bit strange at first, but after practice those become super easy. What keys in particular are you having trouble with? The other thing I can think of is maybe you are not tilting your keyboard enough? I use ZRM and tilt about 30 degree.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 10 2013 17:43 GMT
#2700
On March 10 2013 23:46 kamidesu wrote:
Have you come up with the best way to use this on a japanese keyboard...
Im still waiting
Month after months..

A handful of different people have responded to you trying to explain what it will take to get a version of TheCore ready for your keyboard layout. Please see this post of mine for more details on the process: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=341878&currentpage=128#2545

It's on you to get the process started. You can't just expect us to pull a Japanese version out of thin air (a fair amount of volunteer work) b/c you requested it in December and then didn't follow-up with any of the responses you got.
Prev 1 133 134 135 136 137 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 26m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech137
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 28115
Calm 6378
Bisu 1978
Jaedong 1386
Larva 667
BeSt 492
Soma 440
Light 434
Stork 365
Snow 297
[ Show more ]
Rush 286
ZerO 235
Free 142
Barracks 132
Zeus 111
Mind 102
910 94
Killer 40
Trap 38
Hyun 35
Shinee 34
Terrorterran 29
ToSsGirL 28
Aegong 24
Rock 22
Bale 21
sorry 18
Sexy 11
soO 9
Sacsri 8
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc9893
XaKoH 373
Counter-Strike
fl0m4194
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes540
Other Games
singsing2212
hiko893
B2W.Neo643
FrodaN620
mouzStarbuck259
Beastyqt249
DeMusliM194
Hui .174
Livibee174
RotterdaM137
Trikslyr92
C9.Mang082
KnowMe77
QueenE71
Mew2King48
BRAT_OK 34
edward22
ZerO(Twitch)21
MindelVK13
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Dystopia_ 26
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2746
• TFBlade577
Other Games
• Shiphtur800
Upcoming Events
OSC
6h 26m
Big Brain Bouts
17h 26m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 2h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 17h
Patches Events
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.