• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:06
CEST 02:06
KST 09:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7902 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 133

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 432 Next
MilAgro
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Germany102 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 09:36:31
March 04 2013 09:34 GMT
#2641
Great news, great project. Iam getting used to it.

About the production: To manage my production without tabbing through the facilities on 1 Hotkey I decided to hotkey Nexus, Gates, upgrades and Robo/Stargate on 4 Different keys. The rest are 5 control groups for the army and 1 for scouting/observer.

I will need a control group for harassment from those 6 groups: MCore, Zealot/Sentry, Stalker, Collossi, Templar, Observer

Ill probably use the Observer one.
However, production wise
P: Nexus
O: Gates
L: Robo/Stargate
Ö: Upgrades

8,9,0,ß,+,ü = Army/Observer/Harass


What do you think? Is that a good solution for my fingermovement while having 4 instead of 2 production control groups?

edit: using PRM
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sc2MilAgro
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
March 04 2013 12:00 GMT
#2642
Hello,

With PRSM 0.6.2 on French AZERTY

I cannot re-assign an already created group with group 1 (all other groups works well)
I can only add more and more units ..

Shao
Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 04 2013 14:51 GMT
#2643
@ShaolinZorg
Is the combination you are trying to press Ctrl+Shift+0 by chance? (whether its group 1 or 5 or 7 is irrelevant)
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 04 2013 14:55 GMT
#2644
On March 04 2013 23:51 JaKaTaK wrote:
@ShaolinZorg
Is the combination you are trying to press Ctrl+Shift+0 by chance? (whether its group 1 or 5 or 7 is irrelevant)

Checking PRSM in French Azerty, yes control group 1 is Ctrl+Shift+0. ShaolinZorg, check out the FAQ for the answer to this problem.
ShaolinZorg
Profile Joined February 2013
Belgium47 Posts
March 04 2013 15:36 GMT
#2645
Checking PRSM in French Azerty, yes control group 1 is Ctrl+Shift+0. ShaolinZorg, check out the FAQ for the answer to this problem.


thanks,

I missed that one because the hotkey lists it as CTRL-SHIFT-à (which is on the same key than 0)

Qui veut voyager loin ménage sa monture
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 04 2013 21:30 GMT
#2646
If you like TheCore, we're looking for help on the next major guide. Please answer this poll if you play Magic: The Gathering and Starcraft 2:

http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=401242

and leave any ideas/theories in the comments.

We're trying put together a comprehensive guide on race selection and this data will help us out a lot.

Thanks
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
turboPasqual
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany21 Posts
March 04 2013 21:33 GMT
#2647
Hi there,

first of all I have to say that I love TheCore! I am still learning and don't feel that smooth as I was before but it gets better an better. There is one thing I noticed with the last update:

On March 04 2013 04:59 JaKaTaK wrote:
Hydra Speed Prioritized over Hydra Range (all speed upgrades for Zerg are now on the same key)


Overlord speed still is on a different hotkey. For me (PRM) every other speed upgrade is on J. Overlord speed is H. Is this intentional or did you just forget it?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 04 2013 21:53 GMT
#2648
@turbo
the issue with making any upgrades on close keys on the hatcheries, is that it overlaps with common larva abilities, making it very easy to accidentally make a queen, lair, hive, or get an upgrade.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 00:21:28
March 05 2013 00:02 GMT
#2649
Can you go over why burrow got moved to the homekeys with spread creep tumor getting moved off? [Edit: Oh you said just to make burrow quicker in the patch notes hmmm] I feel like I do and always will use spread creep tumors hundreds of more times per game than burrow.. so it seems really funky to not have it on a homekey.

Also I think there's a definite micro benefit to having burrow/unburrow on different keys.. as for instance if you're doing roach burrow micro you can just hold down the burrow key and click on roaches as they get low and they will instantly burrow when selected.. which obviously you can't do if unburrow is on the same key. Damn it I don't want to disagree with the wisdom of TheCore.. but I think I might have to mess around with these and go back to something closer to 0.6.
I am terrible at this game!
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 05 2013 00:44 GMT
#2650
@Spaceboy
I had forgotten about that particular bit of micro. Is having them on different keys helpful in any other circumstances?
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
March 05 2013 01:33 GMT
#2651
Hmmm, honestly I can't think of any, but then I'm pretty bad and most of my actions are taken up trying to not fail too hard at macro.. so micro is mostly theoretical :D Maybe someone else can think of some!
I am terrible at this game!
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 05 2013 02:01 GMT
#2652
THAT was it! I knew there was something, Jak.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
March 05 2013 02:04 GMT
#2653
As for creep being on H: creep is used more often but less time sensitively than transfuse. That is why it was moved. Even if burrow was less prioritized we would have creep on M for ZRM. What do you think Spaceboy? Do you disagree?
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
Spaceboy
Profile Joined February 2011
United Kingdom220 Posts
March 05 2013 03:04 GMT
#2654
Oh actually that's a good point, transfuse does get used a lot less than creep spread but there's probably no ability in the game where a split second could make more of a difference.... sooo yeah now I'm torn. Also I've just realised for some reason I was unconsciously treating M as if it's one of the homekeys which clearly it isn't! Given that that's the case I guess it doesn't matter as much whether burrow/creep spread goes on M/H or vice versa.

As a tangential flight of fancy if you did go back to having unburrow on O and then had burrow on M there'd be something slightly thematically satisfying about having your fingers move downwards to burrow and up to unburrow :D
I am terrible at this game!
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 05:00:26
March 05 2013 04:52 GMT
#2655
I would like to thank you JaKaTaK and EVERYONE else invloved, for your contributions. I currently have about 8 months break from SC and gaming in general, that HoTS will end, so the Core and Staircase will be exelent tools to use to learn the game and get better at it.

3 questions:

This question may sound really dumb but I just deleted 4 lines of text after realizing that most probably I misunderstood:
1. Left handed layout means I use it with left hand? x-/
I'm asking because on the 2nd video, meant to watch before downloading you tilt the keyboard even though you are using left hand, and I'm confused because of the term "left / right handed", like I'm right handed, so I write and use the mouse with the right hand.

2. The second question is, what do I do if I want to play with all 3 races? I don't mean just random, I mean switching between the races. Do I download the Core 3 times and just put it to the hotkeys folder or make subfolders in it?

3. The mouse I'm using is the Cyborg RAT 7 http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm
+ Show Spoiler +
and it won the Guiness award for the most customizable mouse,
do I download the Core with "M"?
wwww
Ninjury_J
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada408 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 09:07:43
March 05 2013 09:03 GMT
#2656
@Spaceboy: haha ya :p. I guess I'll speak to Jak when he/ I have the chance and we will reconsider. When we discussed last week, I knew there was some sort of burrow micro but we both forgot about it.we'll let you know soon!

@beetlelist: Welcome!

1) L and R refer to your dominant hand: the hand you use a mouse with. I understand why it might be confusing since you will use your other hand on the keyboard. You are a righty: you will download an "R" version and use your left hand on the keyboard.

2 ) You have two options. If you know you will play the game equally with all races, i recommend you choose the random layout. It is not optimized for any race, but it's the best compromise for all three. If you know you will play one race more, then id suggest you download that race's version. All races are definitely playable on every layout.

Nevertheless, I definitely would advise you to pick one race if your goal is to improve. Playing all three races to learn is very difficult to do effectively. You probably want to avoid using all three TheCore layouts. They are surprisingly different, so learning them all will take much much longer.

3) Whether or not you download the 'M' version will depend on if you want to use the side mouse buttons for macro. There is no "better". Well, actually there probably is, but we really don't know and there is not enough data to test it. You may want to try both and see what you prefer.

Hope that's clear. Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers.
“The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting."- Sun Tzu
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
March 05 2013 09:23 GMT
#2657
Thank you
wwww
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
March 05 2013 11:39 GMT
#2658
But you know what, I think JaKaTaK should place the meaning of shortcuts for the Core layouts between the video that is meant to be watched before downloading and the link to download, just to further clarify.
I bet there is good amount of people like me, who watched the video just to see what's it about, decided about the size, but are leaving the download for later, so have to watch it again to be REALLY sure about the meaning of shortcuts (at least what is what in the order used)

Also hotkey layouts on the download page could be at least separated depending on race or whatever order they are organized by, they are way too clustered.
wwww
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 05 2013 18:06 GMT
#2659
@beetlelisk

we used to do everything separated like that, but it is very time consuming to do for every update, especially because there are so many different categories. I'll definitely put it the key in text tho, good idea
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-05 18:43:23
March 05 2013 18:26 GMT
#2660
I'm glad to be of help
About separating though, I don't mean more subpages but some space between layout download buttons, like I go to US Qwerty and there's like 40 layouts so clustered I have to read half of them to find what I'm looking for.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=123164804EFAADB8&id=123164804EFAADB8!105#cid=123164804EFAADB8&id=123164804EFAADB8!1619
Look in the link, PLL, PLM, PLS all x2 because of M. OK great, move PRL and PRLM down and Protoss Left is slightly separated from Protoss Right.
After PRSM put a space the size of (half) a download button to separate Protoss layout from Random layouts and so on.
wwww
Prev 1 131 132 133 134 135 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE128
ProTech121
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 67
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever441
canceldota165
NeuroSwarm142
League of Legends
Doublelift4569
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 420
C9.Mang0343
ToD61
PPMD31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick687
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• poizon28 35
• RyuSc2 24
• davetesta12
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra944
Other Games
• Shiphtur545
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 54m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 54m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 54m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.