• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:04
CEST 02:04
KST 09:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War375.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7878 users

[G] TheCore - Advanced Keyboard Layout - Page 134

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 432 Next
thayneq
Profile Joined March 2013
96 Posts
March 05 2013 18:29 GMT
#2661
On March 06 2013 03:26 beetlelisk wrote:
I'm glad to be of help
About separating though, I don't mean more subpages but some space between layout download buttons, like I go to US Qwerty and there's like 40 layouts so clustered I have to read half of them to find what I'm looking for.


first world problem ^^^^
beetlelisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Poland2276 Posts
March 05 2013 18:34 GMT
#2662
On March 06 2013 03:29 thayneq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 06 2013 03:26 beetlelisk wrote:
I'm glad to be of help
About separating though, I don't mean more subpages but some space between layout download buttons, like I go to US Qwerty and there's like 40 layouts so clustered I have to read half of them to find what I'm looking for.


first world problem ^^^^

Well, yeah :D I don't deny it but still something that can be improved for the better clarity with minimum effort if I'm not wrong? Or am I?
wwww
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 05 2013 19:17 GMT
#2663
@beetlelisk

Actually, its easier said than done. Its do-able, but its a pain in the ass.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
LessPewPewMoarQQ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States23 Posts
March 05 2013 23:16 GMT
#2664
Is there any patch notes/reasoning for the changes coming out in the future? Or is that only for major revisions?
I'm herpin' while I'm derpin' and I encourage you to try it.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 05 2013 23:58 GMT
#2665
We're acutally going to come out with 0.6.3 pretty quickly, so I'll give patch notes for that. Couple of things I want to tweak.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
LessPewPewMoarQQ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States23 Posts
March 06 2013 01:09 GMT
#2666
Alright! Thanks for the awesome layout by the way, been using it since launch and can only imagine how good it will be once it makes it out of beta ^_^
I'm herpin' while I'm derpin' and I encourage you to try it.
zodiah
Profile Joined January 2011
United States14 Posts
March 06 2013 08:18 GMT
#2667
Hey hey! Im really interested to learn and use the core! I do have a question, though. It says here:

Suggested use of CGs
P ---> Hatcheries

P*---> injecting larva/other upgrades.

What is the difference between P and P*?

Thank you! ) well made guide.
For the swarm!!
Berke
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany4 Posts
March 06 2013 08:38 GMT
#2668
Is there a possibility to see the patch log (or perhaps an overview of the major changes)? It wohld be nice to post something at a central position in the first post for the guys like me which are not able to read the latest posts regularly to keep up to date. Or am i not able to find it?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 06 2013 15:41 GMT
#2669
@zodiah

"click here to learn about these special control groups" <click there in the spreadsheet

@Berke
I'll post up patch notes for this patch shortly. I've been keeping patch notes in the OP as patches come out.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
zendy
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany13 Posts
March 06 2013 16:48 GMT
#2670
Hi, I like TheCore Layout very much! It worked great for me until today.
After the Blizzard patch 2.0.5 the layout is messed up.
Example: Building Command Center is "äM" instead of "ßß".
I´m using TheCore German TRM 0.6.2 with german keyboard.
Anybody made the same experience and has a fix for this?
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 06 2013 16:57 GMT
#2671
hey hey zendy, I'll be checking this out asap. In the meantime anyone else having this problem please post as much as possible.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
March 06 2013 17:12 GMT
#2672
German Layout TRM
Why is "building turret" ä-ä while bunker is ä-h?
You often want to build bunkers quickly because you are rushing or under imminent pressure, maybe you could look into this.
Of course turrets are important to build fast, too, but i hope you get what i mean
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
zendy
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany13 Posts
March 06 2013 17:16 GMT
#2673
@Jak - thank for your quick reply.
I reinstalled TheCore file and now it´s working fine.
zendy
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany13 Posts
March 06 2013 17:21 GMT
#2674
@granite - you can press ä-h quicker than ä-ä, so bunker building is optimized.
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
March 06 2013 17:24 GMT
#2675
On March 07 2013 02:21 zendy wrote:
@granite - you can press ä-h quicker than ä-ä, so bunker building is optimized.

i dont think you can press two different buttons faster than the same one twice...
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
JDub
Profile Joined December 2010
United States976 Posts
March 06 2013 17:36 GMT
#2676
On March 07 2013 02:24 graNite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 07 2013 02:21 zendy wrote:
@granite - you can press ä-h quicker than ä-ä, so bunker building is optimized.

i dont think you can press two different buttons faster than the same one twice...

I believe you are incorrect. Assuming you can have your two separate fingers positioned on the two different buttons, it is a bit quicker to press the two buttons in succession than it is to press the same button twice. This effect is exaggerated as you increase the # of buttons.

For instance, what is faster? Typing "j" 8x in a row, or pressing the 8 homekey letters (on US keyboard, "asd;fljk") with all 8 of your fingers? If you are pressing the same button repeatedly, you have to release it in between each key press. If you are pressing different buttons, you can press the next button before you are finished releasing the previous one.
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 06 2013 17:46 GMT
#2677
did you try it? Its pretty well established in other fields that alternating fingers (or hands) is faster than using the same one twice. This is why in paintball it is faster to use 2 fingers on the trigger alternating. This is why piano players alternate fingers or hands when pressing 1 note repeatedly.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
graNite
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Germany4434 Posts
March 06 2013 17:54 GMT
#2678
On March 07 2013 02:46 JaKaTaK wrote:
did you try it? Its pretty well established in other fields that alternating fingers (or hands) is faster than using the same one twice. This is why in paintball it is faster to use 2 fingers on the trigger alternating. This is why piano players alternate fingers or hands when pressing 1 note repeatedly.


Yes, I just find it easier and therefore I think I am faster to do it. I don't know if I am actually faster because I can not measure it properly.
"Oink oink, bitches" - Tasteless on Pigbaby winning a map against Flash
JaKaTaKSc2
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States2787 Posts
March 06 2013 19:13 GMT
#2679
To answer your question directly: Yes, it is faster to press 2 button with different fingers than 1 button twice with the same finger.
Commentatorhttps://www.youtube.com/JaKaTaKtv
Rainling
Profile Joined June 2011
United States456 Posts
March 06 2013 21:21 GMT
#2680
Thank you for changing the "set rally point" hotkey for Swarm Hosts to o! That's very convenient, I don't think I will be right clicking to rally locusts once the beta comes out.
Prev 1 132 133 134 135 136 432 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
08:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings73
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE128
ProTech123
SpeCial 91
StarCraft: Brood War
910 67
NaDa 24
Dota 2
monkeys_forever437
canceldota159
NeuroSwarm142
League of Legends
Doublelift4569
Other Games
summit1g6043
JimRising 420
C9.Mang0343
ToD81
PPMD31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick698
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 103
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP62
• poizon28 35
• RyuSc2 24
• davetesta11
• Adnapsc2 9
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra944
Other Games
• Shiphtur558
Upcoming Events
Big Brain Bouts
9h 56m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
16h 56m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
18h 56m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Patches Events
1d 14h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 18h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.