• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:58
CEST 07:58
KST 14:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8117 users

How to Mech in TvP [D][G] - Page 19

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 26 Next All
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 21 2012 02:51 GMT
#361
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 03:00:29
March 21 2012 02:51 GMT
#362
By the way, here is freaking MMA losing because of the severe vulnerability of this build to Protoss allins.
http://www.gomtv.net/2012gstls1/vod/66894/?set=5&lang=

I'm pretty sure this game is a little higher level than Jinro vs Socke, and it's on a ladder map too.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
March 21 2012 02:53 GMT
#363
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

If the Protoss does not pressure you and you've made 2 bunkers blind, you are horribly behind even if you do sell them. If you don't understand why, I'm not sure how I can have any discussion with you because we're at completely different levels of game understanding.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 21 2012 03:03 GMT
#364
On March 21 2012 11:53 crocodile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

If the Protoss does not pressure you and you've made 2 bunkers blind, you are horribly behind even if you do sell them. If you don't understand why, I'm not sure how I can have any discussion with you because we're at completely different levels of game understanding.


You just did a FE no gaz how can you be behind ?

Also, if the toss do a FE either you'll see it if you scout, and you don't need that extra bunker.

On March 21 2012 11:53 crocodile wrote:
I'm not sure how I can have any discussion with you because we're at completely different levels of game understanding.

completely different levels ! really lol.
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
March 21 2012 03:05 GMT
#365
On March 21 2012 12:03 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:53 crocodile wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

If the Protoss does not pressure you and you've made 2 bunkers blind, you are horribly behind even if you do sell them. If you don't understand why, I'm not sure how I can have any discussion with you because we're at completely different levels of game understanding.


You just did a FE no gaz how can you be behind ?

Also, if the toss do a FE either you'll see it if you scout, and you don't need that extra bunker.

Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:53 crocodile wrote:
I'm not sure how I can have any discussion with you because we're at completely different levels of game understanding.

completely different levels ! really lol.

Go ahead and try it in your rank 1 gold league, then, I'm sure it'll work just fine there. I should have known better than to try to make you understand.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Picklebread
Profile Joined June 2011
808 Posts
March 21 2012 03:06 GMT
#366
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

I remember the interview after jinro won those games. The 2nd bunker is not blind it IS part of his preparation he explains that if he scouts 2nd gas then he builds that bunker in his main and leaves 1 marine in the lower bunker as a decoy. Just clearing that up.
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
March 21 2012 03:10 GMT
#367
On March 21 2012 12:06 Picklebread wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

I remember the interview after jinro won those games. The 2nd bunker is not blind it IS part of his preparation he explains that if he scouts 2nd gas then he builds that bunker in his main and leaves 1 marine in the lower bunker as a decoy. Just clearing that up.

Just re-stating that he still would've lost to the Void Rays if Socke had executed half decently. He also would have auto-lost to an Immortal allin which also has an early 2nd gas. No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Picklebread
Profile Joined June 2011
808 Posts
March 21 2012 03:22 GMT
#368
On March 21 2012 12:10 crocodile wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 12:06 Picklebread wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

I remember the interview after jinro won those games. The 2nd bunker is not blind it IS part of his preparation he explains that if he scouts 2nd gas then he builds that bunker in his main and leaves 1 marine in the lower bunker as a decoy. Just clearing that up.

Just re-stating that he still would've lost to the Void Rays if Socke had executed half decently. He also would have auto-lost to an Immortal allin which also has an early 2nd gas. No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.

He had a siege tank with siege mode, a viking, a bunker with scvs ready to mass repair AND he woulda saw any zealots warping into his base. Jinro was in a good position to hold that off even IF socke executed that all in well. Having a viking to zone out the void rays and a siege tank with siege mode behind a bunker with mass repair scvs sounds pretty safe to a void ray all in to me.
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 03:32:38
March 21 2012 03:31 GMT
#369
On March 21 2012 12:22 Picklebread wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 12:10 crocodile wrote:
On March 21 2012 12:06 Picklebread wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:51 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
On March 21 2012 11:44 crocodile wrote:
the only reason Jinro survived was because of the blind 2nd bunker).


Maybe with this you need a second bunker incase and after you sell it. Dont say Jinro blind 2nd bunker, Im sure its in his preparation.

I remember the interview after jinro won those games. The 2nd bunker is not blind it IS part of his preparation he explains that if he scouts 2nd gas then he builds that bunker in his main and leaves 1 marine in the lower bunker as a decoy. Just clearing that up.

Just re-stating that he still would've lost to the Void Rays if Socke had executed half decently. He also would have auto-lost to an Immortal allin which also has an early 2nd gas. No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.

He had a siege tank with siege mode, a viking, a bunker with scvs ready to mass repair AND he woulda saw any zealots warping into his base. Jinro was in a good position to hold that off even IF socke executed that all in well. Having a viking to zone out the void rays and a siege tank with siege mode behind a bunker with mass repair scvs sounds pretty safe to a void ray all in to me.

The Tank with siege mode finished AFTER Socke should have been in his base killing his stuff. And like I said, he didn't warp in at the pylon that he built outside Jinro's main, which is the dumbest decision I've ever seen a pro gamer make. The viking didn't come out until WAY after Socke had already lost the game. AND the Void Ray allin was late, as I mentioned before.

This stuff is obvious, right? I'm not crazy am I? I feel like I'm on the bnet forums again.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 04:01:48
March 21 2012 03:58 GMT
#370
how to hold immortel? you make banshee instead of the viking and you mass repair the front and the banshee! Maybe dont build tank, give the techlab to the starport and make only rine+banshee+hellion.

if its a big allin 1base 10min push immotal, you should do 2port banshee.
Picklebread
Profile Joined June 2011
808 Posts
March 21 2012 04:01 GMT
#371
On March 21 2012 12:58 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
how to hold immortel? you make banshee instead of the viking and you mass repair the front and the banshee!

if its a big allin 1base 10min push immotal, you should do 2port banshee.

is this a joke?
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 21 2012 04:03 GMT
#372
why? if he has 2 immortal in 8min, he will not have a lot of stalker.
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 04:31:56
March 21 2012 04:10 GMT
#373
If you have like 10 banshee at 10min, you can beat that allin. I dont think you can stop it with tank or thors or any mech?


[image loading]


Also banshees are very good for killing immortal, because one missile does 12dommage and the shield block at 10! So the banshees do almost full dommage again immortal.
dynwar7
Profile Joined May 2011
1983 Posts
March 21 2012 04:58 GMT
#374
Gyro I think you know it yourself that you are trolling....just stop.
Regarding the imbalance, hilarious to see Zergs defending themselves....
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
March 21 2012 05:10 GMT
#375
On March 21 2012 13:01 Picklebread wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 12:58 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
how to hold immortel? you make banshee instead of the viking and you mass repair the front and the banshee!

if its a big allin 1base 10min push immotal, you should do 2port banshee.

is this a joke?

Phew, I'm not crazy, this guy really does have no idea what he's talking about.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Gyro_SC2
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada540 Posts
March 21 2012 06:46 GMT
#376
On March 21 2012 12:10 crocodile wrote:
No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.


ok I test the build with a friend.

If I do a FE no gaz and I do a 1-1-1 and I see he dont expo (around 6min) I can keep my second OC in my base and build a second bunker like jinro. I scout for see if he got immortal or VR. If immortal, I do mass starport banshee+raven+viking+massrax marine(because I have a lot of minerals). I feel its always good to make the viking first incase of VR, after I do banshee and one raven.

I tried some different build where I only make banshee but it was too weak to the stalkers.

But if I add one raven and one viking and can do the combo, pdd and I snipe the observer. When the toss lose his observer, he has to wait until a new observer for a new attack, and the allin timing is finish. If he comes with more than an observer during his first push, he will have less immortel.


So in conclusion you can do a no gaz FE into 1-1-1

architecture
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States643 Posts
March 21 2012 07:43 GMT
#377
Other protoss allins you did not account for:

Blink stalker
4gate prism
tpfkan
crocodile
Profile Joined February 2011
United States615 Posts
March 21 2012 12:26 GMT
#378
On March 21 2012 15:46 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 12:10 crocodile wrote:
No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.


ok I test the build with a friend.

If I do a FE no gaz and I do a 1-1-1 and I see he dont expo (around 6min) I can keep my second OC in my base and build a second bunker like jinro. I scout for see if he got immortal or VR. If immortal, I do mass starport banshee+raven+viking+massrax marine(because I have a lot of minerals). I feel its always good to make the viking first incase of VR, after I do banshee and one raven.

I tried some different build where I only make banshee but it was too weak to the stalkers.

But if I add one raven and one viking and can do the combo, pdd and I snipe the observer. When the toss lose his observer, he has to wait until a new observer for a new attack, and the allin timing is finish. If he comes with more than an observer during his first push, he will have less immortel.


So in conclusion you can do a no gaz FE into 1-1-1


You're a joke.
Master League Terran. Huge fan of Quantic Gaming and ROOTDestiny
Everlong
Profile Joined April 2010
Czech Republic1973 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 12:45:49
March 21 2012 12:35 GMT
#379
On March 21 2012 15:46 Gyro_SC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 21 2012 12:10 crocodile wrote:
No way 1 Bunker and 1 marine production will hold 1-2 Immortals.


ok I test the build with a friend.

If I do a FE no gaz and I do a 1-1-1 and I see he dont expo (around 6min) I can keep my second OC in my base and build a second bunker like jinro. I scout for see if he got immortal or VR. If immortal, I do mass starport banshee+raven+viking+massrax marine(because I have a lot of minerals). I feel its always good to make the viking first incase of VR, after I do banshee and one raven.

I tried some different build where I only make banshee but it was too weak to the stalkers.

But if I add one raven and one viking and can do the combo, pdd and I snipe the observer. When the toss lose his observer, he has to wait until a new observer for a new attack, and the allin timing is finish. If he comes with more than an observer during his first push, he will have less immortel.


So in conclusion you can do a no gaz FE into 1-1-1



No really, I'm pretty sure sniping an observer with Raven/Viking/Banshee is not going to save you from Immortal bust.. If it works for you then your Protoss partner is terrible, terrible Protoss player.

You won't have even your Viking in time and you are talking about Ravens, let's keep this real..

edit: If you really insist on your conclusions, post replay where we could see how this works, otherwise, it's just plain words with no real meaning.
Methy
Profile Joined November 2010
United Kingdom74 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-03-21 12:49:57
March 21 2012 12:49 GMT
#380
As a Protoss player I love it when terran tries to go mech. I honestly feel that, provided the skill level of the two players is the same, and provided the protoss scouts mech early enough, there is absolutely no reason the Protoss should lose.

Essentially the match plays out in a very similar fashion to Brood War PvT, with the Terran player being passive early and building up a monster army to hit a well defined push timing.

Only Protoss now has several incredible advantages. Charge is better against tanks than speed was in Broodwar, Dragoons can now blink making them way more effective, and the immortal has been added which just flat out stomps siege tanks. Granted vikings mean carriers are no longer an option, and the lack of arbitors is painful *BUT* the mothership fills exactly the same role. Storms are also far less effective against tank clusters than they were in broodwar, but not *totally* ineffective, and the lack of reavers is pretty annoying.

Added to this you have the fact that, while siege tanks in general are more effective due to unit clustering, their reduced damage per shot means they are WAY more vulnerable to flanking, which is now MUCH easier to do due to blink / charge. Then hellions <<<< vultures. I'm almost willing to state that as a flat out fact. People like to talk about the big moments when hellions rack up dozens of worker kills, but in all honesty hellion raids never seem to do nearly as much damage as vulture raids did. The lack of mines means that there's nothing to keep the protoss player from launching blink raids all over the map.

As such if a Protoss player just plays exactly like it's a Brood War game he should win. Taking a third at the 6 minute mark, flat out neglecting upgrades, macroing like a beast, and if the game goes late, using mass recall to bypass the terran army. What's even better is you can now completely wall off additional bases to block hellions, as your 'dragoons' can simply blink over the wall, further diminishing the effect of hellion raids.

The *ONLY* reason that mech works at all imo is because the average protoss player simply doesn't know how to deal with it.

Sure your lategame army is WAY more cost efficient than a standard protoss deathball, I'm totally willing to accept that (though I would argue the ultimate protoss death ball is still better - another option that wasn't available in brood war), but the simple fact of the matter is the Protoss should have WAYYY more production than you. The protoss should be exploiting the hell out of the fact that a mech army cannot hope to move out before the ~12 minute mark, and by the time you do move out, he should be maxed and capable of throwing away his army and then remaxing very quickly.

tl;dr the only reason mech works at all in PvT is because the average protoss player doesn't know how to deal with it, and tries to play standard.

edit: typo
<3 Nony
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 26 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft747
StarCraft: Brood War
Horang2 595
Stork 252
ggaemo 221
Leta 155
PianO 55
Hyuk 30
Bale 18
yabsab 18
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm200
League of Legends
JimRising 676
Reynor59
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King223
Westballz37
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor661
Other Games
summit1g8781
Coldzera 822
C9.Mang0312
PiGStarcraft195
Sick155
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick670
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 11
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2252
League of Legends
• Lourlo1328
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
4h 2m
Online Event
5h 2m
FEL
10h 2m
AI Arena Tournament
11h 2m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
13h 2m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
INu's Battles
1d 6h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 13h
Replay Cast
1d 18h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.