• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:22
CEST 03:22
KST 10:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7178 users

[G] Grandmaster by 6pooling, how to - Page 5

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Strategy
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 47 48 49 Next All
iAmiAnC
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom317 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 20:37:53
November 08 2011 20:23 GMT
#81
Deliberately provoking people with offensive ggs and lame comments during and after having secured a cheap win against them. Complaining about people not remaining mannered after you drone rush them and call gg against them, then ragequitting and claiming imbalance or blaming latency (without gg'ing) when people hold off your shenanigans. Classy.
http://www.twitch.tv/iamianc <- High master EU terran stream /w commentary!
Natespank
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada449 Posts
November 08 2011 20:25 GMT
#82
This thread is sort of inspiring. Great work dude.
Sbrubbles
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil5776 Posts
November 08 2011 20:27 GMT
#83
Great guide! Thanks, dude!
Bora Pain minha porra!
RastaMonsta
Profile Joined October 2011
304 Posts
November 08 2011 20:28 GMT
#84
hah this looks sick. Not a Z player but i might tune into these replays
Leimus
Profile Joined October 2011
72 Posts
November 08 2011 20:30 GMT
#85
Would have been a quality thread, but the bad manners in replays just ruined entertainment value.
TheGreenMachine
Profile Joined March 2010
United States730 Posts
November 08 2011 20:31 GMT
#86
I saw your build orders in your match history and have been following them for some time now
Don't forget to get everyone you know to play HOTS so this game we love called Starcraft will live on. Every little bit helps. ^^
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
November 08 2011 20:31 GMT
#87
Nice Just hope the community won't be too inspired by this lolol :D
kota
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark84 Posts
November 08 2011 20:33 GMT
#88
First zerg ever to complain about close spawns being disabled...

On another note.. I personally dont see the point in 6-pooling on the ladder. Ladder only counts for so much, and you get nothing out of 6-pooling on the ladder. You might as well play longer games for the practice.
KimJongChill
Profile Joined January 2011
United States6429 Posts
November 08 2011 20:36 GMT
#89
Wow, much more detailed than I expected, can't wait to try this heh heh.
MMA: U realise MMA: Most of my army EgIdra: fuck off MMA: Killed my orbital MMA: LOL MMA: just saying MMA: u werent loss
Nina_Freu
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany2 Posts
November 08 2011 20:36 GMT
#90
Haha ;> Pieps ^.^
°v°? ! Poolpieps ^v^/) ha! good Post Habit and you invested much Work in it goodpiepsjob
*aufpluster*

User was warned for this post
NRW
RaKooNs
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom397 Posts
November 08 2011 20:39 GMT
#91
At lower levels (i.e. platinum, diamond and master) EU is faaaaaaaar superior to NA, when i was in platinum and playing in a NA tournament bronze - diamond, i raped everyone except the final and i came away with 2nd place. When i was in diamond on EU, i was raping masters on NA, pretty easily i might add, and in big 30 minute macro games. Not sure about GM but <GM definitely EU>NA.
If you don't drop sweat today, you will drop tears tomorrow - SlayerS_MMA
SC2ShoWTimE
Profile Joined April 2011
Germany722 Posts
November 08 2011 20:39 GMT
#92
100% reliant on not scouting/not knowing the response. Sad to see players at the top level aren't trained vs this at all...


exactly my thoughts.

i dont know why you would spend that much time on 6pooling on ladder, but well, live and let live ^^
Progamer
freetgy
Profile Joined November 2010
1720 Posts
November 08 2011 20:42 GMT
#93
both terran and zerg have cheeses that get you into GM

name me one protoss stratagy that gets you consistently into masters.

And protoss is considered the cheesy race ?...
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 20:46:26
November 08 2011 20:42 GMT
#94
On November 09 2011 05:39 RaKooNs wrote:
At lower levels (i.e. platinum, diamond and master) EU is faaaaaaaar superior to NA, when i was in platinum and playing in a NA tournament bronze - diamond, i raped everyone except the final and i came away with 2nd place. When i was in diamond on EU, i was raping masters on NA, pretty easily i might add, and in big 30 minute macro games. Not sure about GM but <GM definitely EU>NA.


On the topic of 6 pooling, I feel like your analysis would be reversed. Just a feeling, but as a player on both servers I have a fairly strong conviction that pre-GM, NA players are far more likely to cheese on ladder. Since the number of times you've been 6 pooled strongly correlates with how good you are at holding it off, I'd argue that lower-level NA players are on-the-whole better prepared to hold off a fast pool build.


On November 09 2011 05:42 freetgy wrote:
both terran and zerg have cheeses that get you into GM

name me one protoss stratagy that gets you consistently into masters.

And protoss is considered the cheesy race ?...


6 gate all-in, proxy 2 gate, 4 gate (yes, it still works,) DT rush...

Not saying... just saying.

I'd wager a fair sum that I could get into masters league DT rushing every single game, but fortunately for me I'm Zerg and have better things to do with my time than cheesing on ladder. You should too; don't complain!
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
November 08 2011 20:42 GMT
#95
I want to be a nice guy and say, "Cool stuff bro!"

But this is just silly IMO, I commend you for perfecting the strategy though.
I love crazymoving
Flonomenalz
Profile Joined May 2011
Nigeria3519 Posts
November 08 2011 20:44 GMT
#96
On November 09 2011 05:42 freetgy wrote:
both terran and zerg have cheeses that get you into GM

name me one protoss stratagy that gets you consistently into masters.

And protoss is considered the cheesy race ?...

I guarantee you that you can get to masters doing a perfectly executed 4 gate to the level that these 6 pool all ins are executed.

You don't remember old 4 gate? How many Tosses got into masters doing it?

lmao.
I love crazymoving
1st_Panzer_Div.
Profile Joined November 2010
United States621 Posts
November 08 2011 20:45 GMT
#97
I hate 6 pool; can't wait for HoTS to add that Nexus adding damage to building spell to just end it.

But this guide is pretty awesome and I never knew about the hold position trick. Good thread and useful info for all
Manager, Team RIP ZeeZ
Plansix
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States60190 Posts
November 08 2011 20:46 GMT
#98
On November 09 2011 05:39 ShoWTimE94 wrote:
Show nested quote +
100% reliant on not scouting/not knowing the response. Sad to see players at the top level aren't trained vs this at all...


exactly my thoughts.

i dont know why you would spend that much time on 6pooling on ladder, but well, live and let live ^^


Well he did say it was for a bet, which he won. This is my saddest fact that it worked. Still, I wonder if he could stay in GM once everyone knows he 6 pools every game.

Also, I am bothered by the whole "scouting and responding correctly = auto win". That is the standard TL response of "once I see a 6 pool, I just cue the correct commands and go make a sandwhich." You opponent can still out play you and this thread proves that you have every possibility of losing.
I have the Honor to be your Obedient Servant, P.6
TL+ Member
UmiNotsuki
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
United States633 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-11-08 20:56:35
November 08 2011 20:48 GMT
#99
On November 09 2011 05:45 1st_Panzer_Div. wrote:
I hate 6 pool; can't wait for HoTS to add that Nexus adding damage to building spell to just end it.

But this guide is pretty awesome and I never knew about the hold position trick. Good thread and useful info for all


You're right that the hold position trick is pretty cool, but did he have to embed it in a 6 pooling guide? I'd be much happier to see it in a stand alone guide, with a list of applications, not limited to but INCLUDING 6 pools.

On November 09 2011 05:46 Plansix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 05:39 ShoWTimE94 wrote:
100% reliant on not scouting/not knowing the response. Sad to see players at the top level aren't trained vs this at all...


exactly my thoughts.

i dont know why you would spend that much time on 6pooling on ladder, but well, live and let live ^^


Well he did say it was for a bet, which he won. This is my saddest fact that it worked. Still, I wonder if he could stay in GM once everyone knows he 6 pools every game.

Also, I am bothered by the whole "scouting and responding correctly = auto win". That is the standard TL response of "once I see a 6 pool, I just cue the correct commands and go make a sandwhich." You opponent can still out play you and this thread proves that you have every possibility of losing.


Yeah, of course you can still lose, but... look at it this way.

I play a ZvT. Because I'm a fairly standard player in early game ZvT, I open 15/15 hatch/pool. I would have no problem telling my Terran opponent that I planned to do this right from the start of the game, because I'm confident in my ability to defend my early expansion cost effectively from literally every option he has to threaten me, even an 11/11. However, if I enter the same game and, rather than going 15/15, open with a 6 pool, and my opponent knows about it, I will lose essentially 100% of the time, because he can still build order counter me.

Take that into a realistic setting. I'm a grandmaster player who gets matched against the same, relatively small pool of players every time I ladder (this is not true, but hypothetical.) I 6 pool in every single match, so my opponents know to expect it from me; they will always build order counter my 6 pool with an early wall off in the case of ZvT or ZvP, or an 11 overpool or the like in the case of ZvZ. I'm not gonna win any of my games because my opponents know I am doing something which they can counter directly. But, if I'm a grandmaster in the same situation who goes for a fast expand (safely) every game, my opponents may very well be aware that I'm going to be taking an early expansion, but they can NOT take a free win based solely on that knowledge. Therein lies the crucial difference between "cheesy" and "solid."
UmiNotsuki.111 (NA), UNTReborn.932 (EU), UmiNotsuki (iCCup) -- You see that text I wrote above this? I'll betcha $5 that you disagree :D
polysciguy
Profile Joined August 2010
United States488 Posts
November 08 2011 20:48 GMT
#100
On November 09 2011 05:44 Flonomenalz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 09 2011 05:42 freetgy wrote:
both terran and zerg have cheeses that get you into GM

name me one protoss stratagy that gets you consistently into masters.

And protoss is considered the cheesy race ?...

I guarantee you that you can get to masters doing a perfectly executed 4 gate to the level that these 6 pool all ins are executed.

You don't remember old 4 gate? How many Tosses got into masters doing it?

lmao.


and blizzard has been doing their damndest to kill it.
glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever---napoleon
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 47 48 49 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings65
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 149
RuFF_SC2 95
ProTech37
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15896
Rain 2270
Artosis 628
Bale 15
NaDa 14
League of Legends
Doublelift3864
Counter-Strike
taco 331
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox677
Mew2King161
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor990
Other Games
summit1g8373
Day[9].tv670
JimRising 544
PiGStarcraft334
C9.Mang0264
ArmadaUGS73
ViBE57
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV227
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream89
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 152
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP60
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv670
• Scarra537
• Shiphtur189
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
11h 38m
OSC
20h 38m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 8h
Online Event
1d 9h
FEL
1d 14h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 15h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 17h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.